Caption Call

• Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Stable, consistent schedule

It’s a nice job for those who are antisocial and prefer limited contact with people. The scheduling was consistent and stayed the same every week. It doesn’t change unless you put in a request to change it. You choose your schedule. You can take days off pretty easily.

Pros

Consistent schedule, work from home, can take days off easily

Cons

Repetitive, can get boring

Simple, good job for introverts

Working at caption call is a fairly simple job that requires you to caption phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing. You dictate calls through a headset and type out corrections or mistakes. You must repeat the words verbatim. They hold test calls that will grade your performance.

Pros

Team leaders will work with you and help train you to be good at your job.

Cons

Reduce breaks if take long restroom breaks

Busy

If you dont mind talking non stop for your entire 8 hour shift, this is a great company to work for. Pay for me was not worth the amount of work. Management is made up of wonderful, helpful people but they change departments and team leads every other week so you have no idea who you're actually supposed to report to

Good job for introverts

This is an easy desk job, you don't have to talk to customers, and the scores you have to meet are very achievable. The only bad experience I've had here is that it is a very isolating environment. I'm an introvert, so I'm okay with not really interacting with anyone. But this can be kinda extreme. You can go an entire day without speaking to a single person unless you go out of your way to start a conversation. For someone who already deals with mental health issues, this environment has not been helpful at all for me. That said, if you are okay not speaking to anyone ever, it's a good, easy job.

Boring but also not at all stressful

Sit in a cubicle and verbally transcribe phone conversations of old people. Its the life... Super boring but its a good school job. You can rearrange your schedule every 75 days.

Pros

Low stress

Cons

Boring as heck

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Its a bad company.

Dont expect to be treated like a human. You will be expected to be and treated like part of the computer, they will expect you to work with their faulty systems and when they fail they will blame it on you.

Poor pay.

Pay isn't worth the work. There are no raises or advancement opportunities. Poorly trained supervisors and the programs barely work. I worked here for several years, as a result I despise the elderly and am in need of therapy that I can't afford because they've provided no benefits. Enjoy!

Excessive expectation

Was essentially forced to resign due to being 0.06% away from meeting their "accuracy standard". Expectations are rather high for the pay and benefits the company provides.

Pros

Flexible, work from home

Cons

High expectations, low pay, poor benefits

Very flexible

I’ve worked at captioncall for the last year and a half and it has been very good to me. During covid early quarantine times, I was able to start working remotely on my laptop! During those times, they also handed out two bonuses! Caption call pays pretty good, especially if you are a student looking for some extra spending money, or someone looking for a part time second job. Caption call has great holiday pay, and you get paid an extra 10-20% depending on the times that you work. Some cons I can Say about captioncall are these few things: it will take a lot of time and dedication to advance to higher level positions that are other than a mentor or a team lead supervisor. Another con is that the job can become very mundane if you are not aiming to grow in the company. Another thing is, sometimes they do not offer over time or flat rates. Lastly, if you do decided to come on as a full time employee, your base pay will decrease by .50 cents. Overall, captioncall has been good to me during my times of need! During peak covid quarantine times, captioncall offered me a remote position with opportunities to work overtime, and offered addition flat rates on top of our regular pay! However, after being a part time employee for a year and a half now, I am noticing how mundane the job can be if you do not have a goal to grow to higher ranking positions in the company. Lastly, if you do decide to come on as a full time employee, expect your base pay of $12 an hour to go down to $11.50. I wish you all the best of luck!

Good job while attending college

This is a good part time job for college students looking for a flexible schedule. It's a relatively easy job and not very stressful. That being said, the pay isn't the best compared to other jobs in the area and it can get a bit boring.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Not much room to advance

Jobs at Caption Call

See more jobs

Loved it until…

I loved my job until I got a micromanager. Once I got them, I was laid off. After 6 years and only saying positive things. They complain they can’t keep people, yet they’re willing to throw people away. I’m highly disappointed.

Onboarding Process is Horrible

First off they tell you that you're invited to schedule an interview but instead its an assessment. Be aware on the lookout for running the internet speed, typing test and checking the processor. They allow 3 attempts to pass then you end up not being hired if failed. I think being told what's being tested would be better than just throwing us out there unaware of what's going on. Run and don't waste your time!!!!!!!!!

Captioning Agent

What I like about the job is that it's predictable work that can be done independently. The offices are nice, and they have jobs available in different states.

Just fine, boring but fine.

Working at CaptionCall as a captioning agent is a very lukewarm experience IMO. It’s not hard once you get the hang of it, but it is extremely boring. I work remote so overall it is a really chill job. Low stress, low stakes. Could be perfect for someone who doesn’t mind staring at the wall feeling like a zombie. Training process was easy, getting hired was almost comically easy. Everyone I’ve interacted with has been great, but no one seems permanent to a remote worker honestly. The pay is fine for the job, but not enough to live on even full time.

Pros

Chill, easy, people are nice

Cons

Boring, low pay

Easy Job

If you need a fairly simple job sitting down, try Caption Call. Not the most interesting or exciting job in the world but their system works pretty well, you might hear some cool, weird, or funny conversations.

Pros

Don’t have to talk to anyone, easy

Cons

Somewhat boring

Not a job for someone that enjoys thought provoking challenges. You are a robot and nothing more.

A job where the only priority is bodies available to work. The idea behind service is admirable but the execution is awful. High turnover so attempts at keeping employees happy is minimal.

Easy work. Nice people

Pretty easy good job. Nice coworkers & customers. Low pay, no raises, minimal advancement opportunities. Confused, incoherent, cliquey, hypocritical and uncaring management culture.

Pros

Mostly easy job, nice cowrkers, really helping customers with a much needed service.

Cons

Low pay, no raises. Low advancement. High turnover rate. Bratty, cliquey & snooty leads/supervisors/ managers.

Caption call, just no

It was nice at first, people were nice and it was great to work at home. But they changed they expect you to be a robot and they do not have human compassion or care about their workers. I met some really amazing people there but the work was just toxic and so was management. They fired me the day I came back from my dads funeral, just because I got a 80 on a test they gave secretly, the Day he died.

Pros

Pay at the time was nice and semi-flexible hours

Cons

Everything else

bad

this was the worst job I've ever had. they micromanage you and make the entire work environment miserable and hostile for no reason. the qualifications to become a supervisor are: be a terrible person. be rude for no reason. they yell at you even if you sit the wrong way like?? get a HOBBY.

Pros

leaving

Cons

everything else

Great if you can work alone

Great job for self starters. You will spend most of your time in a cubicle captioning. And you have to meet certain time and accuracy standards. Once you get the rhythm down it’s pretty easy.

Pros

It’s easy

Cons

Difficult to move up within the company

Calm & Stress free Place to work at but no growth

Start off as an English CA. I enjoyed working for the company, so i decided i wanted become a Spanish CA for growth in company and increase pay. However after completing Spanish training, i didn’t receive a raise. When I brought up questions regarding pay to my manager my pay compensation was actually reduced. Since this experience I saw no growth in this company especially for bilingual employees.

Pros

Stress free work environment

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caption Call. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Caption Call.
Powered byComparably