Caption Call
Coronavirus update

Caption Call Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative27 reviews
United States27 reviews
The environment varies. Ive had good and bad days. But over all the work load they give is pretty overwhelming. Taking calls, responding to emails, and other requirements make completing all of the days tasks feel impossible.
Also they do not provide cost of living adjustments or raises unless you meet specific requirements which can be delayed by management.
Pros
occational lunch, insentives
Cons
pay, lack of communication, being degrated by customers, favoritism.
Pay could be way better. Job is not for everyone. Great job for students. People just leave you alone. Management is nice. They don't have clear policies for everything.
Pros
Good benefits and flexible hours
Cons
Pay is way below average
Being a Caption Agent, Customer Service Representatives, has helped me a lot more in life than I expected. I love helping others and this is a great way to do it!
Caption call is an amazing place to work. They have such a dedication to helping people. it's very rewarding to know you helped change someone's life.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
My time at this job wasn’t the greatest. I was going through Diabetic Ketoacidosis at the time and instead of being understanding of my situation and helping me out of it, the management would berate me for missing work because of my health even though I would bring in proof of my illness and a doctors note. It was also very closeted off from other coworkers, so if you’re an introvert,this is a great job for you.
The pay is in no way shape or form worth all that you have to do management is no help and you'll barely
be gettimg by don't waste your time for so little money
Heaven forbid you should find yourself ill, especially if it is sinus or throat related. You can bring in all the proper documentation from your doctors and specialists that you’re on meds to get rid of the infections and whatnot, and you can even provide proof you’re improving (with the weekly review/test that’s done which was required when I worked there).... and yet they will still lay you off. Not only that, they’ll tell you that you won’t be eligible for rehire. Good riddance, jerks. Your pay was horrible, your expectations were unrealistic, your physical location was subpar, and you might as well invest in adult diapers seeing as every last drop of time not spent taking calls counts against you.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, occasional free meal, nice break room.
Cons
Micromanagement, horrible pay, bad physical location
I really liked this company and the people I worked with. They really tried to help me when I had issues with their dragon program picking up my foreign accent.
However after all their testing (you have to reach a certain percentage ) they basically told me the job was not for me.
training is time sensitive, must be able to hear and speak fast. the company is a good company. people were nice. they tried to help with my disability to keep trying. but some of the testing is difficult.
I enjoyed my time here. Typical days are very laid back. You will need to show up on time and caption communications to the best of your ability. Management is very considerate.
Calling people with hard of hearing and asking them how everything id working for them and if they need help with the phone in anyway cause we give phones to those whom are Hearing Impaired to make sure they can still be social
Pros
helping those whom cannot hear
Cons
wish we got paid mre
it was ok. their employee appriciation was amazing . they are flexible with your schedul
the on thing i didnt like is if you are part time you cn go to full time but if you are full time you have to completely quit and re apply to the company to go part time ... it sucked i tell you what ..
Pros
free4 lunch on employee apriciation days
Cons
so impersonal
Ok place to work. Pay is minimal and advancement is near impossible. Good temporary part-time job for college students. Weekly testing gets old fast.
nice lunchroom, with walking paths outside for breaks and quiet spaces to relax. easy days, with a relatively simple job that is easy to train for if you have the mind for it.
The people there are a little bit shy but over all every one is very kind and always are willing to help with anything that you might need. the management is also very kind taking every situation on differently.
If you have no work ethic and do not want to move up in life this is the job for you. You just repeat what the caller is saying to a caption call customer like a robot all day. Very boring. One of the managers told me full time would be 11.60 automatically after training but it was actually 10.50 and training as well. Part time pays more.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not a Career
All the employees were extremely nice and helpful. Snacks were provided during holiday work hours. Management was supportive and understanding. Lots of fun activities in the break room.
Pros
fun enviornment
Cons
It was definitely a good job. I’m a bit biased because it was boring to me. But most people love it. It’s not a customer service job and you never speak to customers.
Good training, it was kind of intense because it was all online, but the training was excellent and the classes were fun. Would definitely recomment this job.
This was a rewarding job! Knowing that I was providing a service for the hearing impaired was wonderful. It was interesting working with the voice activated program was challenging at times.
im not a robot and i cant always pick up on the speed everyone is talking in. I try but just not for me. It got very stressful and very strict with the point system and everything, I wouldnt recommend it to anyone. I mean don't get me wrong, always great to help people and this is one challenging way