Caption Call
Caption Call Employee Review

Easy going

April 22, 2019
It’s a very easy going company. Yes it can feel fast paced when you’re on the call floor but usually it’s kinda slow and you can just relax. There’s no direct interaction with clients which is so great. I’ve had issues with anxiety attacks at other jobs but haven’t had one since working here. I am part time so I don’t get paid time off. However I was offered health dental and vision benefits. I declined them because I was already covered by my spouse. I was also given the opportunity for a 401k which I did accept. The login percentage is not hard to reach. As for those saying they have to take calls one minute before there shift ends: that’s not accurate. My center suggests no more calls after 5 minutes till. This is because if you do get a long call you will only go 15 minutes (because you can handoff calls after 20 minutes)over which is acceptable. Some people do push it just to keep there login high in which case if the call does run long just message the TLS for an early handoff at the 10 minute mark. Plus you can switch shifts on the trade board which is really easy and convenient. Also extra pay on weekends and late nights.
Pros
Benefits for all employees, no angry clients, amazing break rooms, easy access to TLS for help.
Cons
Parking is kind of cramped
September 22, 2020
Same role
Captioning Agent (Current Employee) - San Antonio, TX 78229
Work-life balance
Work-life balance at Caption Call is absolutely great. Very flexible, they work with you and give you the hours you need. Easy to balance.

Pay & benefits

My pay and benefits at Caption Call are great. They pay wonderfully and give you enough hours. It’s an awesome company to work for. They have benefits for full-time workers as well as partime
September 10, 2020
Same roleSame location
Captioning Agent (Current Employee) - Meridian, ID
This is an excellent starter job or job for someone looking to add a part-time job to an existing schedule. The work atmosphere is a very good balance of professional and casual. You can be as involved (or uninvolved) with the work culture as you feel. While management does keep tabs on you, it is not done in an overbearing or micromanaging fashion; usually there is very minimal direct oversight and you are trusted to complete your work tasks on your own. Support and assistance are always readily accessible should you encounter an issue. There are frequent opportunities for advancement, as well. The biggest negative of the job is much like it would be anywhere else: It can become monotonous/boring after you have been with the company for awhile. Otherwise, again, this is an excellent choice for a job if you are new to the job market or looking to pick up a part-time schedule.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, advancement opportunities, fair compensation, good communication, supportive management, remote work options available
Cons
Can be monotonous, lackluster benefits
August 29, 2020
Same location
Team Lead Supervisoe (Former Employee) - Meridian, ID
Flexible hours. Allowed ot work autonomously as long as you follow the guidelines and rules.
Company has many contests and activities to keep employees motivated.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Limited interaction with co workers.