Car-Part.com Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYAugust 28, 2017
horrible place to work, very unorganized and the offices was over full with junk. There website was always crashing and customers was always complaining
Pros
Cons
everything
Software and Network Support
Checkmate Support Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 30, 2017
Answer any customer complaints or issues via chat, phone, and email. Install software and configure network for new inventory management system. Train customers on how to use the new system and address any questions/comments they have. Provide escalated support for other team members. Use new upcoming software while it goes through alpha and beta testing. Address any concerns or enhancement issues that may arise.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  KYNovember 28, 2016
Typical day is like any other job. Learned a lot about the auto salvage industry. Management is laid back and there to help you when needed. Co-workers are friendly and hard working. Always there to help.
Pros
Casual dress
Great people advancing the industry at a snail's pace
An Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYOctober 12, 2016
Great people to work with and I love being able to support small businesses in a green industry. But like most businesses within the automotive parts industry, there's great resistance to change. Products which should take months to roll out take years, while other products get quickly half-assed into production and linger on in a partly-finished state into eternity.

Many of the employees are members of--or otherwise connected to--one large founding family. In many businesses, that sort of nepotism is a fatal flaw, but it actually works well for them.
Pros
Monthly lunches, small business atmosphere, Halloween festivities, flexible scheduling
Cons
Outdated mishmash of software, resistance to technological advancement
Easy going and great people all around
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYNovember 4, 2015
I love the people that I work with. I like what I do here for this company. But I feel like I'm not learning much anymore plus I don't have enough to do at the beginning of the month. I would like to get up in the mornings knowing I'm going to have work to do when I get there and knowing that I will be doing what I am going to school for.
Pros
Easy going, flexible with my schedule
Cons
Not enough for me to do
Great place to work!
Software Training Specialist/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYAugust 20, 2015
All managers are willing to help with anything. Very little micromanaging. They trusted their remote employees to get the job done with little to no supervision.
Family owned and operated
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYJune 18, 2015
This is a company that has a passion for helping the automotive recycler and the automotive industry. They have expanded their programs to include all areas of the automotive marketplace. The pay scale might be slightly low, but the compassion for their employees is above average for that size company.
Working from Home
Checkmate Support (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 26, 2014
In the beginning, it was nice to work from home, but I grew tired of it.
Over worked, under appreciated
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYFebruary 22, 2013
Company is a good company as far as having a good product and careing about their customer.

when it comes to their employees they only care if you agree with them on everything, basically if you have yoru own opinion they do not want t o hear it, even when they ask for it.

They asked their employees to take a survay, then instructed them to only say good things so they could get voted best company to work for.

Gave employees 2 "emergency personal days" so that they didn;t have to use vacation days. The kicker, they days have to be approved or you may not get paid. They get to decide what an emergency is. If they don't think its an emergency then you don't get your emergency day.
Pros
free lunch when someone they like leaves or if they fire someone, can wear almost anything you want to work.
Cons
bad benifts, bad culture, bad management