Caraustar Employee Reviews

machine operator/packing
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2018
making car seats to make sure it was safe for kids and packing them into the box and send them on then line to get label onto them to be shipped off and seat the box onto a pallet ..
Pros
30 mins lunch
Cons
two 15 mins break
Caraustar
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
This environment isn't good to work in. Their is a lack of leadership, and management. The turn over rate is very high. After I started working my direct manger quit.
Good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 4, 2018
Safety taken very seriously at Caraustar. I learned additional leadership skills from my time with the company. I liked the 3rd shift group i worked with.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Very Fast Paced
Saw Packer (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 4, 2018
Punch in, stretch and flex, go right to work. (2) 15 minute breaks no lunch. Constant, repetative work, in a fast paced enviornemnt. No room for error.
Good people, hard to balance life at work and home.
WINDER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Woodbine, GAOctober 1, 2018
Dedicated employees who go the extra mile for the customers. No lunch or breaks in certain departments. You should expect early morning start times and late days.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No lunch or breaks.
Finishing department
Feeder/Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2018
let me start by saying if you need a job for the moment then go ahead and apply but make sure you keep on looking for something else if you get offed a position !!!!... I can only speak for the finishing department the Manager of that department is a something else (thats not the word I wanted to use) if your not kissing his butt you will not make it there he will fire you with no reason or explanation what so ever. that is one of the most stressful environments there is and please if you can avoid the 3rd.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The manager of the finishing department
Has it’s ups and downs
All positions (Former Employee) –  GASeptember 10, 2018
Good pay only because of the OT which was cut. They would rather lose customers than pay employees the OT to keep up with the demand.
Management literally can not read.
Safety is “stressed” but equipment is old and NOT safe or in proper working condition.
Managers regularly make you to work the weekend before a holiday so they don’t have to pay the 8 hours of double time.
Extremely dirty and hot work conditions.
Favoritism is in effect.
Absolutely ZERO advancement opportunities unless you grew up with one of the management.
Constant pressure to complete a task that ends up not being what needed to be done in the first place.
Management talks to employees like they are idiots, curses employees and threatens employees and throws temper tantrums.
You are not valued at Caraustar, you are just a body.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401K, Decent paycheck overall.
Cons
No job security/advancement, poor management. No OT
Too Many Hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCSeptember 8, 2018
Long Nights, few weekends off for the most part. Maintenance performed mostly on a reactive basis. Minimum clear task direction and task would often change in mid project.
This is a great place to work if you’re white. The management is very poor all the way to the corporate offices. They make up the rules day by day .
Die Cutter Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2018
A company is only as good as its management. Well this company will not last long at all. Rules are made to protect certain people of color. Pay is based off of your race and gender. The pay starts off good but that’s the trick. Once you’re in then everything changes. You’r really see how unstructured this place is.
Pros
It pays well for die cutting
Cons
Blacks won’t get the same pay as whites
Good place to make a living
SHOP FOREMAN/HEAVY EQUIPTMENT MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 16, 2018
Good money and benefits , will suck the life out of you if you let it. but you can make a good living if your a quality worker .
you can get burned out if your not careful.
Productive and fun environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  OntarioAugust 15, 2018
Friendly environment been with them about a year and coworkers are really friendly. Pleasure to work with caraustar and there employees. Productive and fun working environment.
Coworkers made it fun/management sucks a**
Printing helper (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 12, 2018
Management was horrible it seemed like they had no idea what was going on. They were constantly making everyone's job harder by changing things that were supposed to make customers satisfied. Lack of training because shifts were always short so really you are on your own and when ever they had time they would train.company purchased a million dollar machine that was supposed to be able to do our job but they can't get it to run so it's just taking up space. Management answer to everything was we are working on it. The coworker's were some of the best people. Days were long especially when other shifts were short as you would have to cover for them.i feel like that's why alot of people would call in as some were working 5 to 6 days 12 hrs so I dont blame them. The money was good but if you have a family i dont think this would be a good fit.
Pros
Pay/co workers
Cons
Management/12 hr shifts
The money was good.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 2, 2018
I operate industrial grade machinery in a paper mill. While insuring that the product meets the customers
specifications. Quality as well as Quantity play major roles in my day to day objectives. I also have leadership
responsibilities, such as training new hires, troubleshooting steps and tips when a problem arises and
motivational exercises.
Pros
Financial Stability
Cons
Politics
nice place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed the variety of jobs that were available. I learned a lot from my coworkers that had a lot more experience. My immediate supervisor and human resources were very nice people to associate with.
Pros
paid lunch, frequent catered meals.
Good group of guys to work with.
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnsonville, SCJuly 7, 2018
It was a good environment working with other fellow people from my area. It taught me a lot about how to run a saw and the proper ways of cleaning it.
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Randleman, NCJune 29, 2018
Not a bad place to work. The people are very nice and always willing to help. Interact with the shift to shift daily issues during shift change.Management is always friendly and treat all the employees with respect.
Management needs to listen to employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 31, 2018
Management is back and forth on a lot of things and unable to advance any technology or improve because they like the way things have always been done. Everything is broken down or hands-on which allows for a lot of human errors and then they get upset. Be fair to all employees and treat them right.
Pros
Job
Cons
Management need to become more organized.
Good money but a horrible company.
Intermediate finsher (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 26, 2018
No breaks whatsoever. You have NO family life. They expect you to work 24 hours a day all the time. Although I was terminated for disobeying company policy, if i had to live in a box or my truck, or go back to work there. It would be live in a box. Wouldn’t recommend anybody work for Caraustar mill
Pros
nothing
Cons
Everything about this company is a con.
typical day
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 23, 2018
A typical day at Caraustar. You will see lack of communication between management and employee's. There is no fun. The hardest part is not being understood on why your frustrated
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, everything else
average
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, KYMarch 25, 2018
above average place to work, better than average health insurance,good dental insurance good eye insurance perty laid back place to work good hours to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caraustar. Our community is ready to answer.