Caraustar Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good group of guys to work with.
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnsonville, SCJuly 7, 2018
It was a good environment working with other fellow people from my area. It taught me a lot about how to run a saw and the proper ways of cleaning it.
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Randleman, NCJune 29, 2018
Not a bad place to work. The people are very nice and always willing to help. Interact with the shift to shift daily issues during shift change.Management is always friendly and treat all the employees with respect.
Good money but a horrible company.
Intermediate finsher (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 26, 2018
No breaks whatsoever. You have NO family life. They expect you to work 24 hours a day all the time. Although I was terminated for disobeying company policy, if i had to live in a box or my truck, or go back to work there. It would be live in a box. Wouldn’t recommend anybody work for Caraustar mill
Pros
nothing
Cons
Everything about this company is a con.
average
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, KYMarch 25, 2018
above average place to work, better than average health insurance,good dental insurance good eye insurance perty laid back place to work good hours to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Database Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAMarch 21, 2018
Excellent company to work for and the commute was great. The managers were fair and not micro managers. The benefits and atomsphere is excellent for anyone who has a family.
Worst company I've worked for
Production (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 15, 2018
I worked at this company for 4 years. Management is full of empty promises and they will only speak to you if you get hurt, only to make it seem like it was your fault. If you have an issue don't bother to being it up they truly don't care. The pay was ok but there was barely any time for my family. I regret staying in this company for that long.
Pros
Pay
company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 13, 2018
It was a contract job. I worked for a temp company. It was a production job. You were pressured to meet to keep up with the illegal that worked there.
Inconsistent management
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 7, 2018
put in hard work each day to supply orders for customers. The only problem with working here is the management. They are not consistent and make things up as they go.
Part Packer
Operator/Part Packer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 1, 2018
Was hired to run the fork truck and I wasn't trained properly and didn't feel comfortable from the get go there. Only had two weeks to learn the ins and outs of the shipping routine there and it was a crammed out of order facility. I was demoted to the packing line and it was a union job so when a scab like me came in and ran fork truck right away people didn't care for me or there boss all that much, but was there everyday and I worked hard for them regardless.
Terrible work environment
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAFebruary 16, 2018
I received 0 to no training on dangerous equipment. Management treats you like an animal, no lunch breaks or anything. If the relief man calls out it is mandatory you stay. That’s about 17 hours without a break. Safety is a big concern while working there. It’s very high risk.
Pros
Pay and overtime
Cons
Negativity from co workers and terrible management
Short term results were stressed.
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2018
Short term results were stressed which led to mechanical deficiencies and lack of regard for customer needs. People were referred to as heads and a lot of compassion was the norm.
Hard physical work
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, NCDecember 23, 2017
You work 12 hours a day with no breaks at all. Heavy lifting the whole time you are there and management will not give you a break. They have old and unsafe machines. Would not recommend working there to my worst enemy.
Pros
Great co workers.
Cons
No breaks, Heavy lifting the whole shift.
Stable place to work
rather not say (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2017
Too many higher paid employees not involved with the low level employees. Not enough hands on leadership. Plant manager not good with people, not involved in hands on.
Pros
stable company
Cons
workers attitudes
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 13, 2017
Caraustar treats employees as family. Management was very supportive. Team work environment was on a daily basis the norm.The company makes sure you have a well work life balance work schedule.
Friendly work environment
Factory Hand (Former Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 6, 2017
Although most of their equipment are old they work very efficiently and they always have stand by engineer available to always correct any equipment that breaks down.
Pros
Free barques here and there
Cons
They don't have specific times for break
Great Benefits
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2017
Meeting everyday, 30 minute lunch, different lines each day until you get put on one specific line. Learned about the different lines and how they work. Learned how to unjam different machines.
Productive and stressful work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 26, 2017
It had a good work environment, paid good and gave you quite a bit of benifits but the job can be stressful at times and it also had many dislikes in the workplace with disrespectful management.
Really was underpaid for the amount of work
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 25, 2017
The job was not challenging. The plant manager was very difficult to work with and had run off all previous managers. Was very grouchy and lazy. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Bad management not equal oppunity
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALSeptember 7, 2017
Need new office people. Not caring about you getting a raise for what you qualified of doing. Talk to you any kind of way. Want you to work hard and get no production pay. Only office people get bonus not worker. Not bad work just to much descrimination and etc. If it had equal oppunity for all not some. Along with new managers would be an enviroment to work for. Baynitte al.
Cons
Very easy job and some nice people.
Heavy Laborer (Former Employee) –  Minerva, OHSeptember 1, 2017
I had a nice time working there, I met a lot of nice people and I knew some other ones already. Over all it was a nice place to work and it was very easy work.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes and good benefits.
Cons
Supervisors didnt do much or help people figure stuff out.