Caraustar Employee Reviews

Too Many Hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCSeptember 8, 2018
Long Nights, few weekends off for the most part. Maintenance performed mostly on a reactive basis. Minimum clear task direction and task would often change in mid project.
This is a great place to work if you’re white. The management is very poor all the way to the corporate offices. They make up the rules day by day .
Die Cutter Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2018
A company is only as good as its management. Well this company will not last long at all. Rules are made to protect certain people of color. Pay is based off of your race and gender. The pay starts off good but that’s the trick. Once you’re in then everything changes. You’r really see how unstructured this place is.
Pros
It pays well for die cutting
Cons
Blacks won’t get the same pay as whites
Good place to make a living
SHOP FOREMAN/HEAVY EQUIPTMENT MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 16, 2018
Good money and benefits , will suck the life out of you if you let it. but you can make a good living if your a quality worker .
you can get burned out if your not careful.
Productive and fun environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  OntarioAugust 15, 2018
Friendly environment been with them about a year and coworkers are really friendly. Pleasure to work with caraustar and there employees. Productive and fun working environment.
Coworkers made it fun/management sucks a**
Printing helper (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 12, 2018
Management was horrible it seemed like they had no idea what was going on. They were constantly making everyone's job harder by changing things that were supposed to make customers satisfied. Lack of training because shifts were always short so really you are on your own and when ever they had time they would train.company purchased a million dollar machine that was supposed to be able to do our job but they can't get it to run so it's just taking up space. Management answer to everything was we are working on it. The coworker's were some of the best people. Days were long especially when other shifts were short as you would have to cover for them.i feel like that's why alot of people would call in as some were working 5 to 6 days 12 hrs so I dont blame them. The money was good but if you have a family i dont think this would be a good fit.
Pros
Pay/co workers
Cons
Management/12 hr shifts
The money was good.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 2, 2018
I operate industrial grade machinery in a paper mill. While insuring that the product meets the customers
specifications. Quality as well as Quantity play major roles in my day to day objectives. I also have leadership
responsibilities, such as training new hires, troubleshooting steps and tips when a problem arises and
motivational exercises.
Pros
Financial Stability
Cons
Politics
nice place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed the variety of jobs that were available. I learned a lot from my coworkers that had a lot more experience. My immediate supervisor and human resources were very nice people to associate with.
Pros
paid lunch, frequent catered meals.
Good group of guys to work with.
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnsonville, SCJuly 7, 2018
It was a good environment working with other fellow people from my area. It taught me a lot about how to run a saw and the proper ways of cleaning it.
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Randleman, NCJune 29, 2018
Not a bad place to work. The people are very nice and always willing to help. Interact with the shift to shift daily issues during shift change.Management is always friendly and treat all the employees with respect.
Good money but a horrible company.
Intermediate finsher (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 26, 2018
No breaks whatsoever. You have NO family life. They expect you to work 24 hours a day all the time. Although I was terminated for disobeying company policy, if i had to live in a box or my truck, or go back to work there. It would be live in a box. Wouldn’t recommend anybody work for Caraustar mill
Pros
nothing
Cons
Everything about this company is a con.
typical day
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 23, 2018
A typical day at Caraustar. You will see lack of communication between management and employee's. There is no fun. The hardest part is not being understood on why your frustrated
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, everything else
average
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, KYMarch 25, 2018
above average place to work, better than average health insurance,good dental insurance good eye insurance perty laid back place to work good hours to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Database Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAMarch 21, 2018
Excellent company to work for and the commute was great. The managers were fair and not micro managers. The benefits and atomsphere is excellent for anyone who has a family.
Worst company I've worked for
Production (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 15, 2018
I worked at this company for 4 years. Management is full of empty promises and they will only speak to you if you get hurt, only to make it seem like it was your fault. If you have an issue don't bother to being it up they truly don't care. The pay was ok but there was barely any time for my family. I regret staying in this company for that long.
Pros
Pay
company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 13, 2018
It was a contract job. I worked for a temp company. It was a production job. You were pressured to meet to keep up with the illegal that worked there.
Inconsistent management
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 7, 2018
put in hard work each day to supply orders for customers. The only problem with working here is the management. They are not consistent and make things up as they go.
Part Packer
Operator/Part Packer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 1, 2018
Was hired to run the fork truck and I wasn't trained properly and didn't feel comfortable from the get go there. Only had two weeks to learn the ins and outs of the shipping routine there and it was a crammed out of order facility. I was demoted to the packing line and it was a union job so when a scab like me came in and ran fork truck right away people didn't care for me or there boss all that much, but was there everyday and I worked hard for them regardless.
Terrible work environment
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAFebruary 16, 2018
I received 0 to no training on dangerous equipment. Management treats you like an animal, no lunch breaks or anything. If the relief man calls out it is mandatory you stay. That’s about 17 hours without a break. Safety is a big concern while working there. It’s very high risk.
Pros
Pay and overtime
Cons
Negativity from co workers and terrible management
Short term results were stressed.
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2018
Short term results were stressed which led to mechanical deficiencies and lack of regard for customer needs. People were referred to as heads and a lot of compassion was the norm.
easy money 50 50 pros and cons
tube stacker and paper hanger (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 23, 2018
wake up at 4:40 be there by 5:30 clock in do morning stretches for 10 or 15 minutes then start up are winder then set up the prints for the tubes then the paper then make tubes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caraustar. Our community is ready to answer.