Cardinal Building Materials Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs - place is a joke!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  BridgetonJune 22, 2019
Employees are expected to work 12-15 hours per day when busy, but only 8-16 hours per WEEK when not. Management tries to get away with whatever a person will allow and has no consideration for employees that have a life outside of their job. Great place for someone that wants to avoid their family and just work non-stop during the busy season. They also expect workers to rush and finish jobs by assigning time limits, so if your the guy on the roof stocking shingles - good luck!!
long as Cardinal has been in business, they operate as if
Pros
Hopefully I can save someone from wasting their time.
Cons
I actually worked there!
Read the reviews employment seekers
Inside sales, warehouse and driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 3, 2019
This is a job to NOT get involved with. There is no management or leadership at the springfield location. There are only 3 people that are there but only 2 work. The manager of the location is very weak and inconsistent. Theres no training that you really receive except from the hourly guys. They have one employee with a CDL and a inside guy who is expected to do inside sales, warehouse, and the managers stuff. Management doesnt help with pucking or assisting with orders. Violated break laws. Manager tells you take a 30 minute lunch while he takes 2 to 3 hours on his owns, trucks and equipment are not upkept very well at all. If you apply to drive dont be ause its your license and your life youre putting on the line. Management changes how things are done every so often. Didnt even get to really get training of inside sales, warehouse, or driving due to poor organizational skills of the managment. Dont waste your time and dont let these guys pipe dream you.
Pros
Cons
Horrible leadership
Worst work experience ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 3, 2019
Worst place to work, lack true and honest leadership. Company doesn’t want to spend any money on improving the facility. Numerous OSHA violations that never get taken care of with either the facility or work equipment (forklift,delivery trucks). Could care less if the employees are happy working there. Don’t get on the owners/managers bad side because it’s out the door with no write up or warning if so. Worst work experience ever
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
No leadership or sense of direction
Roof stocker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 10, 2018
If you wanna show up and never know where going or what days plan is this place is for you. Don’t expect to be able to afford the high prices insurance or be paid very well.
Pros
A job
Cons
Pay, benefits, leadership, equipment
Great team
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 12, 2018
I truly love the people I work with and the family that owns the company. I leave with my cheeks hurting some days from laughing. We all get along great together and I hope to be with the company for a long time.
Pros
They are flexible with parents of young children.
Workplace Culture
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Overall I would say I had a very good experience at Cardinal. The only reason I left was I started my own company.

Management and ownership were both very good to me. I felt very comfortable working there. They are very focused on training and improving who you are.
Pros
benefits, work life balance, honesty, family focused
Cons
can't really think of any worth posting
Great Place To Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time here. Unfortunately had to move for family.

This is a family company that treats people like family. Great place to work.

Management was fair and objective.

I really can't think of anything negative to say.
Pros
great management, fast paced, results focused
Avoid at all costs
Shingle helper (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 21, 2018
No real advancement or training. The interview went so quick I should of been able to ask more questions. I didn't know what I was getting myself into.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefirs
JobworklifeBalance
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 30, 2017
a typical day at work performing the required duties I learned about different materials the company sold and just how the company was ran. Manangement was fair. The work place was good no problems. I really did'nt find anything hard about the job.I just enjoyed going to work making sure my job performance is satitfied for the company
Don't
Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2017
The lead managers are two-faced, they act like your friend and then stab you in the back. Nothing is ever good enough, they say they'll give you raises or benefits after 90 days but it's more like six months to a year, maybe more! People walked off the job all the time, too. And you're constantly being told that you're going to be fired.
Ownership Lacks Commitment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 14, 2017
Ownership struggles with a true vision of the direction of the company. Communication is lacking from ownership all the way down to hourly employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Building Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7