Cardinal Financial Company

United States178 reviews

Cardinal Financial Company insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Phone Center LO

Cardinal is a fantastic company to work for. Being an LO there is ok. You make a bunch of calls to try and convert low chance of converting leads from various sources. Some LO’s are very good at capturing these leads, the ones that aren’t are axed.

Pros

They aren’t afraid of paying their employees, their tech is off the charts

Cons

The leads suck

Great management, very supportive, believes in their employees. Great benefits.

LOS is awesome, their own system Octane. They have great training and tools to streamline the process. Lots of support in every department. They have all kinds of activities for the employees to be involved in, if they want to participate. Benefits are good, time off is flexible.

stressful work environment, dog eat dog

Many of our managers would yell at one another, pay was never the correct amount based on commissions. work-life balance was stressful and unhealthy competitive.

Pros

work from home

Cons

your home becomes a prison

Love the job and management team I had

Had a wonderful experience with Cardinal would definitely recommend and work for them again the management staff and entire staff was awesome from training to lay off.

Phone calls all day.

I actually don't mind phone calls all day as long as they materialize into something. If your rates are not competitive but you want to by leads from lendingtree.com and bankrate.com (where people are very rate sensitive), then don't expect me to win people over with customer service.You don't perform customer service until you get a customer.

Pros

pay was reasonable

Cons

No real support or answers in how to convert leads with their rates.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Felt like I didn't exist and fell through the cracks

I often learned about things from other coworkers who were a week or two ahead of me in training before I would be informed by supervisors on what was happening. I learned more from other trainees ahead of me than from anything else. At times, it was the only way I was made aware of what was going on and I was given more information and beneficial resources from them than the people who were being paid to provide that and guide me through training. It was a constant ongoing joke in the group chats throughout the company that that was truly the onyl way any of us were going to make it. I cant tell you how many times ni the group chat I was a part of that someone said they cried or had an absolute break down from being spoken to poorly or absolutely yelled at. I worked nonstop and felt like a majority of the time had nothing to show for it despite my obvious efforts that were displayed on daily reports. It just didn't make sense. I cant tell you how many times I emailed management or messaged them and saw they read the email or message and they just simply never responded. Often at times it could be things that held me or kept me from having as smooth of an experience as some people. They tended to forget there were alot of us hired with no experience and we were going through this training for the first time, when multiple others had been through this several times to finally pass, and some had already been licensed and working in the industry for years. It could be legitimate questions or concerns about the job or training or help with a customer and it was their role to guide -

Pros

welcome bags for new employees, decent benefits, floating holidays, and vacation.

Cons

telemarketing. unresponsive management. rude customers. inconsistency. lost loans, processing delays

No work life balance

Workload allows no work life balance. Although it seems freeing to work from home, the workload is impossible to do in a typical work week. Most work 50+ hours to get the job done.

Bad company to work

Pay is great the managers are awful. My first 3 months I had no trading then when I finally had training I was micromanaged and yelled at 10-12 hours a day. The pay is great but you will have no life except your work.

Pros

You make overtime pay is good

Cons

Management is very difficult to work with

Bad experience

Bad experience, bad company. Don’t recommend. no real help from the company. Decent compensation

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Everything else

Great people and fun place to work!

I absolutely love working for this company. I have never worked where a company takes such good care of their employees. They gave me a shot when I had not experience within the mortgage industry and I have learned so much in such a short time. Everyone here works together to get things done. You will not find a better place to work!

Pros

Great management, flexible, fun, benefits, Pto, contests to win cool stuff

Cons

I think training could be a little better but honestly that's it!!

Very supportive and productive place

Company really is a good company the benefits are awesome the support is awesome in the! system that they work on is awesome!The only downside about this company is that they take too long to get back to you if you got the job and then they take too long just to tell you you got the job other than that everything is awesome about this

Fantastic Culture

Cardinal as a company is great. There are a ton of resources to help you find your way. It does seem a bit micromanaged at times, but that's ok. Compensation could be higher and the benefits are good, not great.

Pros

Managment is always avaiable to help

Cons

Comp plans are a bit low.

Managers lack any experience to lead

Overall far behind all other mortgage companies. Technology, leadership skills, compensation and benefits are all lacking. Managers don’t trust you to do your job and want to question if you are working all day long. Terrible environment

Management was good

Typical day consist of sitting on a dialer with the hopes that someone would pick up. That didnt always happen and when it did the consumer had already refi/ purchased or was not interested

Pros

Cons

leads were few and far between

Good overall

Good overall. You're on your own trying to figure a lot of the details out, however. They leave you alone to do your own deals but getting help is hard.

Transaction coordinator

Ok place to work. Coworkers are great. Culture seems to hold back unless you play to the manager.

Supportive, Productive, and Fun

I absolutely LOVE working at Cardinal. Policies and procedures are in place and everything functions well. My immediate supervisor is awesome and the team I am in, and the team I work with are wonderful. Everyone is professional and helpful. Everything is set up for you up to succeed if you put forth the effort! The Culture crew keeps things fun with monthly activities/events so one feels involved and part of the (large) company if one chooses to be.

Cardinal

Overall a decent place to work. Benefits are average and higher than I expected. Processors are nothing more than "document gathers". There are too many who believe it is the Underwriters to make everything perfect for everyone. Their document system, OCTANE. was a little hard to get used to, but it better than Encompass.

Pros

Decent pay and decent benefits

Cons

Too many expectations on the Underwriters to make EVERYTHING perfect .

Excellent work environment, benefits and fast closing times.

Cardinal Financial Company has fast closing times, quick underwriters, and an simple yet lightning fast LOS, their proprietary loan operating system called Octane. Pays well, great benefits, work from the office, or WFH.

Pros

Great benefits, lightning fast service, managers and UW support.

Cons

Can't find any.

Great environment but having to find your own leads can be stressful. Its best to come to Cardinal if you have your own book of business. Otherwise, very supportive work environment.

They all went to college together

If you're a serious adult this environment is not for you. There are leggings and cliques everywhere! Leadership needs customer service classes. PTO requests have to been approved more than 2 weeks in advance.

Common questions about Cardinal Financial Company

Answered by current and former employees at Cardinal Financial Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Financial Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Cardinal Financial Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?