Cardinal Financial Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Cardinal
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 3, 2018
THE COMPANY IS GREAT to work for. They have a lot of different managers to help with all problems you could have. I like the way the company uses google chat to have meetings.
Haven’t worked there since 2016
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2018
Things were a bit all over the place while I worked there. That ultimate led to my departure. The culture was broken. Individuals selected to be mentors were unprofessional. But as I said. I haven’t been there since 2016. So things could be different now.
Fast paced, educational environment
TRANSACTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2018
Progressive company with top notch training. Modern concept and technologically advanced. Collaborative environment with great employees. I only left because it was a new career field for me and was better compensated within my previous field where I had more experience
None at this time
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2018
• Analyzed applicant’s financial status, credit and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans
• Monitored market conditions, product innovation, new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs
• Developed relationships with clients to identify their financial goals and provided research-based advice on strategies to meet client needs
• Conferred with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
No chance for advancement but at least it's a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2018
The job pays the bills but there isn't any chance for advancement unless you're friends with the right people. Upper management isn't very good at planning or coordinating with their teams. They also set expectations without actually knowing whats possible with the tools and time that you're given. Pay increases are almost nonexistent.
Pros
Casual work environment, good benefits
Cons
No advancement, low pay, little cordination
Great Company
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2018
Never met a bad soul at this company and I had so much support than I’ve ever had before. Employees work hard and make themselves available. Great company - left because of the Loan Officer I was working for - Company is wonderful though
not worth my time
Senior MSR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2018
No benefits, no training, no advancement, poor leadership, no direction, no long term planning. Constantly pushed to do more and more with less and less and given nothing in return, not even a simple thank you.
Very professional work environment
Doc. Mngmnt/Office Coordinator/Ops. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 11, 2018
I had various duties in various positions during the years I worked at Cardinal. I assisted loan processors with getting appraisals, title insurance, employment verification, etc. I handled supplies, greeted and assisted customers, managed hard-copy files and so on. Management was very supportive. My co-workers were very professional and polite, which I really appreciated. The hardest part was transitioning from on digital platform to another, but it was worth it!
Good Company, Non-friendly co-workers
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 10, 2018
Company overall is great to work for, co-workers however are not so friendly.
Support system needs a little work, their overall process has some holes
Set up from the jump
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 8, 2018
-they had certain individuals that were able to get worm transfers and and others that were making 100-150 calls a day with 1 or 2 chances to get an application, they were showing favoritism openly
Not bad, not great
Production Assistant/Processor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 4, 2018
Where they shine - Operations group was very capable and the proprietary point of sale system used was more advanced and intuitive than any other point of sale system I've used.

Where they need work - More training and not really much room for career advancement. It's a revolving door, like much of the mortgage industry.
Work / Life Balance
Recruiter/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 18, 2018
Great career opportunity, not just a "job". You need to be passionate about the Industry and your role in order to succeed long term. Cardinal Financial provides excellent tools and support to do my job well.
Pros
tech savvy company - great support and tools
High Stress, long hours
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 12, 2018
Cold call 200-400 old leads with a few new ones mixed in here and there. Customers are tricked into submitting information to get bombarded by multiple lending agencies. Commission, long hours, always on the clock, very stressful.
Absolutely Amazing Company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2018
I went into Cardinal Financial as a Junior Loan Originator (JLO) a program designed to mold you into a fully licensed Mortgage Loan Originator designed to give you gainful employment while they will train you and pay for your licensing. I didn't quite do well in the testing aspect for licensing but the work side of things I was dedicated and did a good job. Instead of letting me go there was another opening for production assistant. I was offered the position and was given a generous raise.This company was an amazing employer and I have regretted my departure since I left. If I still lived in Charlotte I would re apply but I have since relocated back to my home state of CA.
Pros
Great Leadership, co workers, a lot of room for growth within company
Cons
N/a
Paid Well, Treated Poorly
Credit Exception Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2018
Cardinal was great at paying you but you were always talked about behind your back and most of the time it was upper upper management doing it. Decisions were made and remade constantly. They hire people into management positions and don't tell anyone. No one had authority to do anything independently. It was very hard to trust your co-workers or managers.
First job in mortgage
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Wasn't here long as many were laid off. Learned as much as I could while I was there. This company was very unorganized. Worked along side of loan officer's and assisted with their pipelines.
Tough Place to Better Yourself
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 2, 2018
Work is constant, but the expectations are crazy. The teams around you just appear to be out to get you and management promises are hardly ever met. You will get beat into the ground.
Outbound call center with licensed loan officers
Licensed Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 23, 2018
If you are outbound (which 98%) of licensed loan officers are, you will feel as if you are a collections agent calling people to get verbally abused. Leads were bought from Lending Tree and various other sources, and by the time we call, the potential client either hangs up on us, avoids our calls, or vents by yelling, cussing, or demanding we stop calling.

High stress environment, and as management told us every other week as people disappeared (quit) "this work is not for everyone."

The software created by the owner to originate and process loans through is amazing though. The owner seems to be an intelligent and resourceful man, yet management is low quality. Since the owner cannot be omnipresent he has to rely on what is relayed to him.
Pros
decent benefits, yet costly compared to industry average
Cons
management is terrible, leads are bought late in the game
Very Positive and Productive Work Environment
Loan Officer Assistant / The Money Source LLC (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of communication with loan officers and buyers. Learned a lot about mortgages and real estate. Management was super encouraging and wanted to get you involved.
Pros
Great environment, no micro-management
Cons
New company
Very Stressful Day to Day
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2018
With the lack of support & training from management and pipelines being too large, it was very hard to adequately satisfy each customers needs. It was a constant struggle to coordinate the day, since the phone was constantly ringing off the hook, and certain loans had to be touched, and not all members of the team, ie loan officers, processors, underwriters, processing support and managers were on the same page. Different people involved in the loan would rely information to the customer, that was usually not correct or would confuse the client even more, which would be the reason for them constantly calling me for reassurance.

Also, the company is very secretive about what is on the horizon. I disliked the lack of transparency. I like to be a part of the company and know where we are going as a whole.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not very transparent, poor training, too many hands in the pot