Cardinal Financial Employee Reviews

Very professional work environment
Doc. Mngmnt/Office Coordinator/Ops. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 11, 2018
I had various duties in various positions during the years I worked at Cardinal. I assisted loan processors with getting appraisals, title insurance, employment verification, etc. I handled supplies, greeted and assisted customers, managed hard-copy files and so on. Management was very supportive. My co-workers were very professional and polite, which I really appreciated. The hardest part was transitioning from on digital platform to another, but it was worth it!
Good Company, Non-friendly co-workers
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 10, 2018
Company overall is great to work for, co-workers however are not so friendly.
Support system needs a little work, their overall process has some holes
Set up from the jump
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 8, 2018
-they had certain individuals that were able to get worm transfers and and others that were making 100-150 calls a day with 1 or 2 chances to get an application, they were showing favoritism openly
Not bad, not great
Production Assistant/Processor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 4, 2018
Where they shine - Operations group was very capable and the proprietary point of sale system used was more advanced and intuitive than any other point of sale system I've used.

Where they need work - More training and not really much room for career advancement. It's a revolving door, like much of the mortgage industry.
Work / Life Balance
Recruiter/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 18, 2018
Great career opportunity, not just a "job". You need to be passionate about the Industry and your role in order to succeed long term. Cardinal Financial provides excellent tools and support to do my job well.
Pros
tech savvy company - great support and tools
High Stress, long hours
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 12, 2018
Cold call 200-400 old leads with a few new ones mixed in here and there. Customers are tricked into submitting information to get bombarded by multiple lending agencies. Commission, long hours, always on the clock, very stressful.
Absolutely Amazing Company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2018
I went into Cardinal Financial as a Junior Loan Originator (JLO) a program designed to mold you into a fully licensed Mortgage Loan Originator designed to give you gainful employment while they will train you and pay for your licensing. I didn't quite do well in the testing aspect for licensing but the work side of things I was dedicated and did a good job. Instead of letting me go there was another opening for production assistant. I was offered the position and was given a generous raise.This company was an amazing employer and I have regretted my departure since I left. If I still lived in Charlotte I would re apply but I have since relocated back to my home state of CA.
Pros
Great Leadership, co workers, a lot of room for growth within company
Cons
N/a
Paid Well, Treated Poorly
Credit Exception Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2018
Cardinal was great at paying you but you were always talked about behind your back and most of the time it was upper upper management doing it. Decisions were made and remade constantly. They hire people into management positions and don't tell anyone. No one had authority to do anything independently. It was very hard to trust your co-workers or managers.
First job in mortgage
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Wasn't here long as many were laid off. Learned as much as I could while I was there. This company was very unorganized. Worked along side of loan officer's and assisted with their pipelines.
Tough Place to Better Yourself
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 2, 2018
Work is constant, but the expectations are crazy. The teams around you just appear to be out to get you and management promises are hardly ever met. You will get beat into the ground.
Outbound call center with licensed loan officers
Licensed Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 23, 2018
If you are outbound (which 98%) of licensed loan officers are, you will feel as if you are a collections agent calling people to get verbally abused. Leads were bought from Lending Tree and various other sources, and by the time we call, the potential client either hangs up on us, avoids our calls, or vents by yelling, cussing, or demanding we stop calling.

High stress environment, and as management told us every other week as people disappeared (quit) "this work is not for everyone."

The software created by the owner to originate and process loans through is amazing though. The owner seems to be an intelligent and resourceful man, yet management is low quality. Since the owner cannot be omnipresent he has to rely on what is relayed to him.
Pros
decent benefits, yet costly compared to industry average
Cons
management is terrible, leads are bought late in the game
Very Positive and Productive Work Environment
Loan Officer Assistant / The Money Source LLC (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of communication with loan officers and buyers. Learned a lot about mortgages and real estate. Management was super encouraging and wanted to get you involved.
Pros
Great environment, no micro-management
Cons
New company
Very Stressful Day to Day
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2018
With the lack of support & training from management and pipelines being too large, it was very hard to adequately satisfy each customers needs. It was a constant struggle to coordinate the day, since the phone was constantly ringing off the hook, and certain loans had to be touched, and not all members of the team, ie loan officers, processors, underwriters, processing support and managers were on the same page. Different people involved in the loan would rely information to the customer, that was usually not correct or would confuse the client even more, which would be the reason for them constantly calling me for reassurance.

Also, the company is very secretive about what is on the horizon. I disliked the lack of transparency. I like to be a part of the company and know where we are going as a whole.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not very transparent, poor training, too many hands in the pot
Good People
Licensed Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 22, 2017
Still a very new company with many changes occurring on a daily basis. No clear direction of where the company is heading or company goals and job security is lacking.
Pros
Possibility of six figure income.
Cons
Company goal, job security and no direction.
Frustrating
Processor I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2017
Extremely frustrating place to work. You get very little directive on how they want the job done, then you make your best guess to be told you did it wrong. Very little feedback from management on how well you do your job, except when it is wrong.
Pros
Cool office
Cons
Little to no management support, guidance or feedback
Excellent place to work
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Montevallo, ALOctober 13, 2017
The reviews listed above are for the call center operation. Our new retail branch network is now up and running and things are going quite smoothly. The LOS system saves lots of time and rates are terrific.
Stressful and Long Hours
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2017
Stressful and Long Hours everyday because of growing processes and unorganized management and projects. Misplaced pressure and poor decisions in important places.
Typical Loan Officer position
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 24, 2017
Management changed several times in the short period I was employed there. Very Stressful and we had to spend more time in meetings and online chats and un-useful training as I had been a loan officer for many years and almost seemed if I knew more than the management that had been brought in. I loved helping customers but I had never experienced so much time in group sessions, which did not leave a lot of time to actually do the job I was hired to do. Working strictly commission is great as long as you are allowed to fulfill your job duties.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
could not adequately fulfill responsibility due to turnover in Mgmnt
poor
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2017
management has no supervisory experience. Ownership has no industry experience other than sales. Underwriters are left alone most times with no one available when questions arise
Loan originator
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2017
Great company great people great job. I moved to Houston Tx and had no choice but to leave this position. If I was licensed in Texas I would keep doing this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Financial. Our community is ready to answer.