Cardinal Financial Employee Reviews

Transaction Coordinator
Transaction Coordinator/Loan Processor IV (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2019
This was one of the worse companies I ever. worked for. They DEMANDED a lot from their transaction coordinators, all whom assumed what should have been the sales, (loan officers) responsibilities.
Pros
Cons
Too Many
Decent Place
TRANSACTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 16, 2019
My job started out great but then I was the only remote person on my team and I never felt like part of the company. They tell you the company is doing good and then all of a sudden layoffs start happening with no warning
Laid back work place but management is the worst, pay not suitable
Loan documents specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2019
I worked at Cardinal financial as a contractor, the job pay was to say the least absurd! Who works for a major financial company making a few dollars over minimum wage.The mangers are hire their own friends with little experience, There are no possible job placement we were told we could not apply for any external position posted, which they have intentions on hiring outside, Cardinal financial post jobs to make it look like they hiring, only to use thus marketing scgene9, they move their employees from one department to another. The cultural is the worst, majority employment are 90% caucasian, there no diversity of races. I would NOT reccomend this company to any person seeking employment diversity, high paying job nor quality management.The only pros were the hours were flexible, free coffee and tea all day long , that was pretty much it!
Good Starter Place
Purchase Team Loan Officer & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 28, 2018
During my tenure, middle management had issues implementing a successful strategy. This resulted in poor decision making and getting rid of a production manger.
An Ok Company
Transaction Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 20, 2018
Cardinal Financial seemed like a good company at first, but things changed quickly. The training wasn't useful, support barely replied and if they did it was never on time or helpful, and many other things.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Slow, bad training
Work for FREE
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2018
This opportunity was verbalized as one thing.... and REALITY was a completely different story!
100% self gen
100% commission only
NO guarantee
NO minimum wage pay
NO pay whatsoever
NO company generated leads whatsoever

YOU WORK FOR NOTHING HERE!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
None.
Cons
Zero money
Great place to work and good management
SR. LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 10, 2018
I have really learned a lot from this company and truly going to miss the day to day connections with the team. Great employees and customers that made my employment a great one.
I enjoyed working for them
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 14, 2018
I was able to work remote which I loved, yet I was able to be involved with my coworkers and work well with them. The benefits are great. I love the teamwork they have going within the company
Pros
working from home
Cons
work slow
Abundantly comfortable office, well located
Senior Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 13, 2018
To the best of my knowledge, this company has been searching for the correct recipe to establish some sort of foothold in originating home loans in California.

Unfortunately, (this information coming from third parties) they have been unable to get that market share, retain employees, and more.

As with several other lenders where I hung my license(s), they never found the proper switch to hit for marketing/generating origination's.
Pros
Comfortable office
Cons
No leads, ineffectual leadership...when management was there.
Great place with ownership that rewards and promotes based on accomplishments and not just on what your resume says.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2018
Typical office atmosphere. Most of the people are splendid and wonderful people to work with. The company has a lot of moving pieces and therefore a lot of opportunities. Overall great place to work.
Pros
benefits, opportunities, pay
Cons
hours can be daunting in some positions
Former employee
Senior Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2018
Would not recommend Cardinal Financial to anyone with more than 2-3 years experience in mortgage lending. Cardinal would be best for someone right out of college,
Very flexible
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 27, 2018
Compnay is very flexible some systems are very great other systems are not. For example clocking in and clocking out as a loan officer and it is not compatible with your phone to do so.
Great place to work. Management is questionable.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 18, 2018
Cardinal Financial was very lax with their employees. They always held lunches for employees and gave bonuses to senior team members. They had no real training regimen so you have to get in and soak up as much as you can. You have to be willing to set time apart to sit with others and learn how to work programs you may not be familiar with.
Pros
Lax environment. No dress code. Flexible hours.
Cons
Training was short and no material was given to study. Sink or swim.
Great
Assistant Loan Officer (ALO) (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 10, 2018
Great Company to work for, a little challenging passing national test to become a licensed Loan Officer. Real tricky test that ask you questions that you my not have received in study book.
Pros
Great company and people
Cons
4000 question test to receive licensed
It was a nice place to work for
Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 24, 2018
Was a fast pace environment, which I loved. Everyone supported everyone with helping out. Loved getting up for work everyday. If the company was still open I would go back.
Cardinal
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 3, 2018
THE COMPANY IS GREAT to work for. They have a lot of different managers to help with all problems you could have. I like the way the company uses google chat to have meetings.
Haven’t worked there since 2016
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2018
Things were a bit all over the place while I worked there. That ultimate led to my departure. The culture was broken. Individuals selected to be mentors were unprofessional. But as I said. I haven’t been there since 2016. So things could be different now.
Fast paced, educational environment
TRANSACTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2018
Progressive company with top notch training. Modern concept and technologically advanced. Collaborative environment with great employees. I only left because it was a new career field for me and was better compensated within my previous field where I had more experience
None at this time
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2018
• Analyzed applicant’s financial status, credit and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans
• Monitored market conditions, product innovation, new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs
• Developed relationships with clients to identify their financial goals and provided research-based advice on strategies to meet client needs
• Conferred with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
No chance for advancement but at least it's a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2018
The job pays the bills but there isn't any chance for advancement unless you're friends with the right people. Upper management isn't very good at planning or coordinating with their teams. They also set expectations without actually knowing whats possible with the tools and time that you're given. Pay increases are almost nonexistent.
Pros
Casual work environment, good benefits
Cons
No advancement, low pay, little cordination

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Financial. Our community is ready to answer.