Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 8, 2018
There are now cameras installed in the trucks. The company lied to the drivers regarding how the cameras will be used. This is a violation of our privacy. They have now implemented a point system that sucks.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
cameras, hours
My location
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2018
My location was night time...so with that said... I was able to spend family time with my kids before they headed off to school, and also able to assist them in the evening with homework.
Pros
Pros... being off during the day to assist with helping my wife schedule.
Cons
Being home when my kids return from school, and being able to help with school homework.
great benefits
Company Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, NC 28027June 27, 2018
Wonderful job and company, but my manager has no experience of the trucking rules and regulations as a dispatching manager. Great vacation paid off. A very good company to work for.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Worst manager
liked it there.
Dockworker // Beaverton, (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 21, 2018
every one is nice and great to be around.very fast paced place to work at. but really good.they will help you learn to drive a forklift which i know that most people want to know how to.
Need Work... Well
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 21, 2018
No life balance. No off days. Many hours paid by mileage. You will be exhausted from hours driving... The insurance is very high. Office management lack knowledge.
Pros
Work Everyday
Cons
Mileage pay
Dedicated account
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJune 8, 2018
During the time I spent on a dedicated account with only one site manager. Main office being in Concord, NC there was no recourse if there was a problem on site. On site manager had full control, leaving staff to only have access to one manager for issues for the onsite.
Driving
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 5, 2018
Drive for Home Depot, pick up truck at home depot stores and deliver to customers.. I have good relationship with my fellow employees and would recommend someone for employment at Cardinal.
Cons
No communication
Decent money, horrible staff
Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 29, 2018
I felt like I was on my own on the account I worked on communication was horrible with managers and maintenance on equipment was also horrible, and if you have one mishap with the company no matter how long you've been there you will be terminated, also did not receive a pay raise in almost 6 years of working there
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MAMay 20, 2018
There were specific tasks to be done during those three days. As long as you paced yourself, you will manage to accomplish all you set out to do on any given day.
Pros
Could usually take time off with notice
Cons
Breaks/Lunch were at your discretion
great company
Operations Manger - Monett MO and Kansas City MO (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOMay 1, 2018
good company to work for. great upper management. corporate has a lot of great people that are willing to go out of their way to help. Competitive salary and good benefits
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
Heavy but consistent work load
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenboro, WVApril 9, 2018
I worked out of the Ellenboro WV Simonton windows location.
The work was steady, driving around the north east delivering windows to various construction supply locations.
Manual unload of trailers each day. But I was home each weekend.
Pros
Pay and home time
Cons
management
A decent place to work if you don't mind moving
Operations Manager II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 5, 2018
The only surefire way to advancement at Cardinal is to be able to move anywhere in the country when the next position opens up. Being unable or unwilling to relocate will severely hamper your growth, professionally and financially. That being said, they do operate in a very decentralized manner and in most cases, you truly are your own boss, running your own company. Though this can be a hindrance as the entire corporate body is on East Coast time and no one likes to work past 1700.
Pros
Autonomy, peer group
Cons
Pay, upper management
Easy to work for
COMPANY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMarch 26, 2018
Relaxed environment. Poor communication. Can't be sick or call in sick. Good reliable equipment. Good runs to make money. Fair runs between all drivers. Not a set schedule.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Don't like looking out for drivers health
Management not vey honest
Operations coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2018
Worked 24 hours a day had to be availabe for drivers no matter what time of day or night. After working there a year management decided to change our pay from salary to hourly Witch ended up being 2.00 less than I signed on for. but still had to work and be available 24 hours.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
short pay, long uncompensated hours, dishonest managment
Focus not where it needs to be
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHMarch 25, 2018
I was a very loyal and dedicated driver for Cardinal for four years. Their biggest problem is listening to their drivers. They recently bought new trucks and they are extremely unsafe for hauling tankers. I tried for several months to get them to listen to me through my driver manager but they simply do not care! I could spend an hour writing a well thought out review but they aren't worth my time. Don't waste your time on them!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The unsafe 2018 International LT
collaborative workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 21, 2018
the management looked out for me. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with ever changing electronic logs. the most enjoyable part of the job was the close relationship i had with management
Good equipment normal large company
Class A driver OTR, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 11, 2018
Typical large corp treatment. average pay and benefits. Forced dispatch. inexperienced management. Customer before driver.
I really liked it at first.
Pros
Equipment plenty of work
Cons
unfair pay scale distance out per contract pay to company. Driver does not make much of work.
Great job until you have a medical issue
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 27, 2018
Worked at cardinal for four and one half years running teams. Gave them all my loyalty, sacrificed family time and a lot more. Had to take time off due to medical issues, was terminated after six months. At that point in time I was two weeks away from returning to work. Was told by management to fill out application and would be rehired. They refused to rehire me stating they had applicants more qualified. I have thirty years accident/major citation free commercial driving experience. You don't get anymore qualified than that. I suggest to you not to work here. WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING!!!!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Good company
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCFebruary 22, 2018
Atmosphere is relaxed do your work and brush up on skills that the company requires you to use. I believe this position would provide a great opportunity
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, LA 70452February 1, 2018
It wasn't a bad place to work its a very fast pace and time sensitive workplace. I would have stayed there but my life at home changed by me having a child so I was not able to work the harsh schedule,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.