Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics Employee Reviews

consistent loads for drivers
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VASeptember 23, 2018
The company was not bad, they lost there contract with Shipper,I never had any problems with anyone in the office.I was not happy t with the way it seemed as if headquarters would not work with drivers
Pros
consistent work
Cons
loss of stop pay, cut in detention pay
Productive yet relaxed workplace.
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I've learned a lot about the logistics of things. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the drivers on a daily basis. Management here was very helpful.
Pros
Set schedule. 9-5
Cons
Too far from home.
Good job
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Worked a good 5 years and felt no pressure in making deliveries. I would tell people that I felt like I grab a handful of cash for the work I do and it would be worth it. Very easy relaxed job.
Pros
No pressure
Cons
Traffic
Good company
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2018
loved working there...made good money, got weekends off. The people were good and pleasant to work with, I didnt have any unpleasant experiences. Would work there again.
Pros
good pay and home time
Not a Great Place
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 12, 2018
I would not Recommend this work place to anyone, the pay was fair, but the Management was not good and are not fair. The new Employees are not treated fair.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
extreme favortism at this company
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, LASeptember 7, 2018
the dispatchers would play mind games with the drivers and the management would allow it out of fear of not being able to replace the dispatcher. (due to dispatching was challenging since they only had four to manage over 120 drivers.) some weeks you make good money, other weeks you don't. its almost as if they want a high turn over rate which was confusing to me. the schedule was also the worst. thursday thru tues never no weekends off. unless your a driver that the dispatcher likes. I havent seen a weekend off in 6 months, I'm wondering if there is a such thing as a good trucking job or its just a myth.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
some of the worst dispatching i have ever seen. no weekends off...ever
okay
(LOCAL) truck driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, NC 28027August 27, 2018
okay company to work for, if it fits your requirements. not fit for me because i needed different hours and home time. my schedule did not fit what they have available presently.
Pros
free soft drinks
Cons
overnight hours
Not a good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 8, 2018
There are now cameras installed in the trucks. The company lied to the drivers regarding how the cameras will be used. This is a violation of our privacy. They have now implemented a point system that sucks.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
cameras, hours
great company
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 31, 2018
very good company to work for. my manager made all the difference. I was treated fairly always had a lot of work. home life is hard to achieve but you can feed your family
Pros
lots of work
Cons
home time
My location
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2018
My location was night time...so with that said... I was able to spend family time with my kids before they headed off to school, and also able to assist them in the evening with homework.
Pros
Pros... being off during the day to assist with helping my wife schedule.
Cons
Being home when my kids return from school, and being able to help with school homework.
great benefits
Company Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, NC 28027June 27, 2018
Wonderful job and company, but my manager has no experience of the trucking rules and regulations as a dispatching manager. Great vacation paid off. A very good company to work for.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Worst manager
liked it there.
Dockworker // Beaverton, (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 21, 2018
every one is nice and great to be around.very fast paced place to work at. but really good.they will help you learn to drive a forklift which i know that most people want to know how to.
Need Work... Well
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 21, 2018
No life balance. No off days. Many hours paid by mileage. You will be exhausted from hours driving... The insurance is very high. Office management lack knowledge.
Pros
Work Everyday
Cons
Mileage pay
Dedicated account
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJune 8, 2018
During the time I spent on a dedicated account with only one site manager. Main office being in Concord, NC there was no recourse if there was a problem on site. On site manager had full control, leaving staff to only have access to one manager for issues for the onsite.
Driving
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 5, 2018
Drive for Home Depot, pick up truck at home depot stores and deliver to customers.. I have good relationship with my fellow employees and would recommend someone for employment at Cardinal.
Cons
No communication
Decent money, horrible staff
Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 29, 2018
I felt like I was on my own on the account I worked on communication was horrible with managers and maintenance on equipment was also horrible, and if you have one mishap with the company no matter how long you've been there you will be terminated, also did not receive a pay raise in almost 6 years of working there
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plainville, MAMay 20, 2018
There were specific tasks to be done during those three days. As long as you paced yourself, you will manage to accomplish all you set out to do on any given day.
Pros
Could usually take time off with notice
Cons
Breaks/Lunch were at your discretion
great company
Operations Manger - Monett MO and Kansas City MO (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOMay 1, 2018
good company to work for. great upper management. corporate has a lot of great people that are willing to go out of their way to help. Competitive salary and good benefits
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
Heavy but consistent work load
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenboro, WVApril 9, 2018
I worked out of the Ellenboro WV Simonton windows location.
The work was steady, driving around the north east delivering windows to various construction supply locations.
Manual unload of trailers each day. But I was home each weekend.
Pros
Pay and home time
Cons
management
A decent place to work if you don't mind moving
Operations Manager II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 5, 2018
The only surefire way to advancement at Cardinal is to be able to move anywhere in the country when the next position opens up. Being unable or unwilling to relocate will severely hamper your growth, professionally and financially. That being said, they do operate in a very decentralized manner and in most cases, you truly are your own boss, running your own company. Though this can be a hindrance as the entire corporate body is on East Coast time and no one likes to work past 1700.
Pros
Autonomy, peer group
Cons
Pay, upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.