Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics Employee Reviews

Don’t waste your time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 7, 2019
Around locally for them and they started sneaking me out over the road little by little I didn’t agree with it and they always come at whatever reason why they had to do it

And the sign on bonus is trash because once when you quit they take it back out of the week before you work

They act like they care about you but they really don’t
Terrible place to work
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2019
Only good accounts is the Simmons mattress account, extreme physical labor 8-10 stops a day stores open at 6am-4pm close. Dispatch expects you to make all those stops while logging more than 100 miles in between routes with traffic & customers. Payroll problems is more common than anything no room for advancement, cheap clinics who will not release your physical to you without cardinal authorization. They hire and keep drivers who hit parked cars turnover rate is higher than usual
Pros
Cons
Management, elog system never works properly
Keep your mouth shut
OTR Dedicated Account driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 5, 2019
Do NOT attempt to stand up for yourself at Cardinal because they don’t like that and they are too happy to fire you 1,800 miles from home for standing up for yourself.
Pros
Study work
Cons
Slow Ryder lease trucks
Driving at cardinal
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Dubuque IowaMarch 1, 2019
Management at cardinal in Dubuque is awful. You truly are just viewed as a number- not a person. Sure , you CAN make decent money BUT, you will be in a moving truck for 130-140hrs a week, bouncing through some of the worst stretches of roads the country has to offer. Overpriced benefits package is your reward for sacrificing your time at home, personal relationships and overall sanity. Sounds good to you ? I guess it’s perfect for some , my time here will be brief. Very brief.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Too many.
Poor Management- Favoritism
Regional Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 8, 2019
This company can be great however when management does not under the logistics industry and management openly displays favoritism then it becomes a hostile and disrespectful environment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management not knowledgeable of the industry
Multitasking fast paced
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMJanuary 26, 2019
Making sure the drivers arrived for their loads to numerous dairies a day.
Rearranging the schedule on a regular basis in order to get to the dairies on time.
I enjoyed my job very much and was very disappointed when Cardinal shut the Call Center down, we had a good work family who all worked together as a team
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Corperate office not supportive at this Call Center
Job Security
Operations Coordinator (Chep pallet account) (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 22, 2019
Cardinal Logistics direct point of contact for customer’s day- today logistics /customer service needs. Establishing, and managing all customer (Chep Pallets) inbound/outbound operations.
Coordinate with customers CSR to assure freight flow preventing service failure to customer locations.
Manage the daily operations for Cardinal fleet of trucks/ trailers/ drivers to ensure optimum productivity, adherence to standard operating procedures, and providing safe and efficient customer service. .
Ensures drivers maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) To ensure electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
Complying with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, namely Hours of Service.
Fair place to work
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Run Arizona three times a week. I enjoy running to Arizona because there is less traffic than local driving. Cardinal is a great place to work and I would only leave for a better paying job with better benefits,
Pros
Assigined equipment
Cons
To many hours
Progressive and diverse place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 8, 2019
Cardinal provides the opportunity for their employees to add value to their customers on a daily basis by employing people who can perform independently at a high level.
Pros
Flexibility
Great equipment and benefits
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 21, 2018
They offer great benefits and newer equipment. Working with small groups but for a big company has it benefits too. Also liked being home often and knowing my next load in advance.
Cons
Holiday slowdowns
Fast paced and friendly working environment.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VADecember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for Cardinal. Communicating with our customers and contractors was always pleasant even if there was an issue we were able to work as a team and resolve the problem. Management was diverse and safety was at the top of our list. The hardest part of the job was not always being able to accommodate the contractors on their loads however they would make due and still deliver where they were assigned to go. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was always a friendly environment making it easier for everyone to be able to get our jobs done.
Company Help you to be a truly Professional Driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 16, 2018
Cardinal upper Management are great and very good. Cardinal has great equipment, great program and excellent training. The change command at the local office are not consistent on jobs planning. After working over a year I still don't have a set work schedule and will not meet the salary I was told. If I was giving a route the day before it could be change in no time or can find extra stops without notice. I never work a full week as I was told 100 % guarantee or a dedicated route as I was told 100% guarantee. If I am giving a day off during the week I don't know when my day off will be. If these things are fix I can considerate staying until my retirement. I love the job, love the costumer.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
6 day work week can be to much
Driver OTR (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MS 38671December 5, 2018
The job is ok nothing to boast about and work week is very hectic to say the least. The work place is cool no problems and the dispatchers are friendly and very helpful.
Pros
its job
Cons
to many work days
Trucking truth
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 22, 2018
All trucking jobs salary is dependent on the type of runs you are doing like otr, regional or local.
Indeed needs to make a categorie for this so people know what type of runs are paying. The salary with cardinal that I was making was for regional work which was good. Now I work local runs with cardinal is not so good. Presently looking for work.
Fast paced workplace.
Central Midwest Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 15, 2018
It is fast paced, 100 miles an hour. I normally eat lunch at my desk and minimal breaks. On call 24-7. When you take a day off you work twice as hard when you come back.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Lots of hours
over managed
Tractor/trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXNovember 5, 2018
Management concerned with their bonuses over maintenance. Did a lot of stuff for no pay. Worked you to the full amount of your driving hours and then pay was not good.
Pros
Cons
onboard cameras and over monitoring drivers
Friendly people to work with
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2018
Equipment is pretty new. Co-workers are nice and helpful. Management will work with you on time off and with any doctor's appointments. Management will also work with you on what you can and can't do on your route.
Pros
pay is great
Cons
long days
consistent loads for drivers
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VASeptember 23, 2018
The company was not bad, they lost there contract with Shipper,I never had any problems with anyone in the office.I was not happy t with the way it seemed as if headquarters would not work with drivers
Pros
consistent work
Cons
loss of stop pay, cut in detention pay
Productive yet relaxed workplace.
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I've learned a lot about the logistics of things. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the drivers on a daily basis. Management here was very helpful.
Pros
Set schedule. 9-5
Cons
Too far from home.
Good job
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Worked a good 5 years and felt no pressure in making deliveries. I would tell people that I felt like I grab a handful of cash for the work I do and it would be worth it. Very easy relaxed job.
Pros
No pressure
Cons
Traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.