Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics Employee Reviews

Heavy but consistent work load
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenboro, WVApril 9, 2018
I worked out of the Ellenboro WV Simonton windows location.
The work was steady, driving around the north east delivering windows to various construction supply locations.
Manual unload of trailers each day. But I was home each weekend.
Pros
Pay and home time
Cons
management
A decent place to work if you don't mind moving
Operations Manager II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 5, 2018
The only surefire way to advancement at Cardinal is to be able to move anywhere in the country when the next position opens up. Being unable or unwilling to relocate will severely hamper your growth, professionally and financially. That being said, they do operate in a very decentralized manner and in most cases, you truly are your own boss, running your own company. Though this can be a hindrance as the entire corporate body is on East Coast time and no one likes to work past 1700.
Pros
Autonomy, peer group
Cons
Pay, upper management
Easy to work for
COMPANY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMarch 26, 2018
Relaxed environment. Poor communication. Can't be sick or call in sick. Good reliable equipment. Good runs to make money. Fair runs between all drivers. Not a set schedule.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Don't like looking out for drivers health
Management not vey honest
Operations coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2018
Worked 24 hours a day had to be availabe for drivers no matter what time of day or night. After working there a year management decided to change our pay from salary to hourly Witch ended up being 2.00 less than I signed on for. but still had to work and be available 24 hours.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
short pay, long uncompensated hours, dishonest managment
Focus not where it needs to be
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHMarch 25, 2018
I was a very loyal and dedicated driver for Cardinal for four years. Their biggest problem is listening to their drivers. They recently bought new trucks and they are extremely unsafe for hauling tankers. I tried for several months to get them to listen to me through my driver manager but they simply do not care! I could spend an hour writing a well thought out review but they aren't worth my time. Don't waste your time on them!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The unsafe 2018 International LT
collaborative workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 21, 2018
the management looked out for me. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with ever changing electronic logs. the most enjoyable part of the job was the close relationship i had with management
Good equipment normal large company
Class A driver OTR, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 11, 2018
Typical large corp treatment. average pay and benefits. Forced dispatch. inexperienced management. Customer before driver.
I really liked it at first.
Pros
Equipment plenty of work
Cons
unfair pay scale distance out per contract pay to company. Driver does not make much of work.
Great job until you have a medical issue
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 27, 2018
Worked at cardinal for four and one half years running teams. Gave them all my loyalty, sacrificed family time and a lot more. Had to take time off due to medical issues, was terminated after six months. At that point in time I was two weeks away from returning to work. Was told by management to fill out application and would be rehired. They refused to rehire me stating they had applicants more qualified. I have thirty years accident/major citation free commercial driving experience. You don't get anymore qualified than that. I suggest to you not to work here. WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING!!!!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Good company
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCFebruary 22, 2018
Atmosphere is relaxed do your work and brush up on skills that the company requires you to use. I believe this position would provide a great opportunity
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, LA 70452February 1, 2018
It wasn't a bad place to work its a very fast pace and time sensitive workplace. I would have stayed there but my life at home changed by me having a child so I was not able to work the harsh schedule,
Nice place to work at
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Professional environment. Good people to work with, friendly and helpful. Wish they had a permanent position or more stable working hours per week. Trucks were in good shape.
Working for Cardinal
Processing Clerk/Driver Development (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 3, 2018
Cardinal has been really good to me. I have NEVER had an issue when I needed time off. I do not have to worry about being Micro Managed at all. Just as long as you come in, do your job and do it well, that is all that is asked of you. One of the best companies I have ever worked for to say the least. Lastly, efforts do not go unnoticed when it comes to higher management.
Pros
VERY understanding when it comes to requesting time off.
Cons
N/a
great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJanuary 1, 2018
This is the best company that I have worked for unfortunately the terminal closed so I was forced to leave.

I really don't have anything bad to say about this company.
Pros
pay
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJDecember 28, 2017
Great company to work for. Enjoyed all co-workers and manager. I wish they were able to offer more hours. Working here I learned how our world moves product.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
management
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 15, 2017
oklahoma branch management treat,s every driver a difference way if you was not close to the big wigs they was not nice and always thought you was up to something i did my job great and pasted 3 dot inspections did what i was told . alway,s had to slip seat trucks for the first year, then i got assighed truck but that didn,t last long at all management at this branch say,s one thing and do any other
Pros
pay was good
Cons
leardership in mangagement
Great Company
Delivery Driver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2017
I worked at Cardinal for five years and they were an absolute great company to work for. Dispatch was really easy going and they protected there drivers to the fullest. Getting time off was easy so as long as you gave them plenty of notice and they never questioned you when you had emergencies. The operations manger was great to work for. If I had a chance to go back I would.
Loved this company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2017
Loved the company wished they would spend more time developing the loyal employees. Wish they would spread out the workload to be manage correctly. Other than that loved the job
Pros
Cons
Certain Management wasnt supportive of training
Great
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYNovember 27, 2017
Cardinal was a great place to work. There was a team effort and everyone worked together to get the job done and the office running smoothly. The company was fair to the employees as well as the independent contractors that worked for them.
Nice job until they changed names
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 25, 2017
Dock clean up though cold was enjoyable
unloading trucks required a fast response
Graveyard hours took getting use to but the shift was perfect
At times you are asked to go on the road to assist drivers
Pros
Fast paced work environment
Cons
work consists in a freezer atmosphere
steady work usually
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Newville, PANovember 20, 2017
equipment left something to be desired. benefits were offered but not very good, pushed to go out in weather that was questionable at best. all you are is a driver code
Pros
decent pay and plenty of work
Cons
lack of management, extremely long work weeks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal / Greatwide Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.