Cardinal Group Employee Reviews

Immature management
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCMarch 30, 2018
Horrible place unless your young, immature and willing to back stab your office staff. The average officevworker is mid twenties and instead of experience they prefer enthusiasm. Do not work for them if you are looking for a professional, competent company.
Cons
Immature management, cut throat, inexperienced
June 5, 2018

I'm really disappointed to hear that you had such a negative experience with Cardinal Group. Inclusiveness and the idea that "best idea wins" is the very basis of our culture, and it sounds like that model didn't work in your situation.

Blown Away. Period.
LMTL (Current Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCFebruary 27, 2018
After reading negative reviews about Cardinal, it was apparent that none of those former employees truly ever gave Cardinal a shot. Cardinal Group often takes over other properties and this is called a "transition". Some employees choose to stay on the path of their previous management company in lieu of transitioning with Cardinal. This is where a lot of those reviews seem to be coming from. Cardinal Group has a road map that's perfectly planned out and tried & tested to bring the most results and happiness for all involved.
Cardinal has SUCH a STRONG culture. There are 10 core values that Cardinal openly requires their employees to live by. There's not a 50/50 deal where you can live by some of them and forget the rest. Either you're with them and their culture or you're not.
I cannot recommend working with this company enough. There's a huge opportunity for growth and EVERYTHING is about bringing your best and working as a team. They really authentically care about their residents and employees and they're always up for a game-changing idea!
If you're positive, upbeat, and great with customer service and thinking about choosing Cardinal Group for your career: don't think twice. Jump in and I promise you won't regret it.

Side note- No, no one told me to write this. No, I don't work for HQ. No, I'm not trying to butter them up. I'm just genuinely excited about my future with this absolutely amazing company. :)
Pros
Benefits, Teammates, Culture, Operations, Support, Too many to count!
Cons
I honestly can't think of one.
June 5, 2018

Thanks so much for the support. The very genesis of Cardinal started with the 10 core values, and those values have taken us pretty far in a short period of time. Hope you continue to take those ideas with you in and out of the workplace.

great place to work
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Manager a little tough but all in all great person doing her job wish that i could be working there still great people and staff students liked me there
Pros
all good
Cons
The work is great, if you love people you’ll love this
Leasing manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2018
This company is a joke! I urge you to stay away. They love put on a show wine & dine you the works, then they show their true colors. Favoritism, retaliation back stabbing. Everyone in the company is young so very immature. I loved what I did but not who I did it for. Benefits are exceptional though! Pay is way low they believe less is more. If it’s part time go for it, it’s not all bad, full timers beware
Pros
Benefits pto
Cons
Low pay
June 5, 2018

It's always tough to hear about a bad experience, especially in the workplace. I'd love to learn more about the challenges you faced in your time here if you have a few moments. Shoot me an email Nick.Morrison@Cardinalgroup.com, and we'll hopefully come up with some good ways to make sure all future team members are valued.

Best Place to Work!
PM (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2018
The company has been awarded Best Place to Work three years in a row in Denver and we won nationally this year. Awesome Culture and an amazing team. Company wants to be the best and everyone truly believes in that goal.
Pros
Team Culture
Cons
Fast paced
Cardinal Group
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed working with Cardinal Group, and would recommend it to anyone. Cardinal Group is growing. Their corporate office is in Denver, so if you work long enough, you could work in Denver some day.
Good company, poor communication creates stress
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2018
Recent changes have created a feeling of uncertainty regarding job security. This would be helped with open and honest communication. Currently so many team members have come on board at the management level that it seems as if the goal is to operate with a large number of chiefs and a few Indians.
Pros
Competitive Salary
June 5, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. We absolutely agree that the Indians need to be in the pow wow as much as possible, especially during times of growth. Sometimes it can be a challenge to bring specifics to a fluid situation, but your voice has been heard loud and clear. We will bring up your thoughts with the leadership teams moving forward.

Best Company
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 7, 2017
There is a reason they have one so many awards for being a top place to work. The management is very supportive and they always have your back. I would recommend working here.
Onsite Manager
Leasing and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 8, 2017
The onsite manager was very energetic, positive, goal-oriented, and professional. She was always prompt with work assignments and very organized. She did the right thing all the time.
Great company, but there is room to grow!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2017
Cardinal is a great company to work for! I love the culture and their core values. There is room for improvement, but they are willing to put in the work.
Young property management company with innovation
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 10, 2017
I loved working for cardinal Group and learned a great deal. I was instrumental in taking my property from a D status to a B status in 6 months during a property wide renovation project. We also increased occupancy from 60% to 95% during the same time period.
Great Company
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 10, 2017
Cardinal Group Management is by far one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure of working for. They provide you with great benefits as wells as competitive pay.
June 5, 2018

Thrilled to hear that you are enjoying yourself. Best of luck out there!

Do not work for this company
Community Intern (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCSeptember 8, 2017
My property recently switched management companies to Cardinal Group, and the transition has been nothing but stressful and chaotic. Corporate came in and assured us the transition would be smooth even though it was our turn process, but fell through on EVERY promise. They did not help out whatsoever during the turnover period, AND messed up our ENTIRE Yardi and accounts system. They had temporary workers up at corporate build our Yardi with the master list we provided to them on numerous occasions; however, they ended up billing everyone twice, charging the wrong rents, applying charges when they should have been credits, etc. Even though it was their mistake, they really had no sympathy for us or even offer to help in the situation. Instead, they forced the Accounts Manger to manually fix everything. Meanwhile, they were breathing down the Community Interns' necks about doing their "Cardinal U's" while we were all dealing with the backlash of everyone's accounts being wrong DURING our turnover period. "Cardinal U's" are mostly pointless and time-consuming training modules that are expected to be done in an inappropriate time frame, and if not completed during normal working hours, they are to be completed off the clock with no bonus incentive or compensation whatsoever. I have worked here for well over 2 years now and NEVER have been dissatisfied with my Community Managers, just Cardinal corporate. Because of the Cardinal taking over as our management company, ALL THREE of my Community Managers have either left, put in their two weeks, or are actively looking for a new job.
June 5, 2018

Definitely disappointed to hear that you ran into so many issues during the takeover. It's a stressful time enough without having to worry about errors in accounting. I could probably go on about the data migration processes that take place when an old company sends data to the new company, but that's really not going to help with the larger themes you are talking about.

A large part of the property management industry requires that teams really understand the "why" of what we do on a day to day basis, and how that relates to the larger picture from the on-site team to the ownership group. Without that understanding, professional growth is stymied and teams generally suffer. The Cardinal U courses were designed to give you that larger understanding of the "why" behind your position and it's functions. The goal, of course, is to prepare you to take the next step in your career. It sounds though that the process in place now failed you. We'll be reviewing the frequency of the course assignments for teams in your situation moving forward.

Great Upscale Property
Leasing and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 25, 2017
Great property, great staff. Corporate office in Denver not so easy to work with as they never visited property to understand issues. Too much construction needed on property so it sold.
Pros
weekly happy hour
Cons
corporate office not communicative
overly competive with no insentives
Collector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2017
Would have been a better place if they had better management and were more organize.. No sick days and no options to make up for time lost when you are out..
Pros
Its a job
Cons
bad inviroment.. bad Management
Fun workplace
Community Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 11, 2017
The company as a whole is pretty laid back but the lack of benefits and pay creates a younger staff with a high turnover. Great company to start a career in property management.
Pros
Nice people and young company
Cons
Their work day is 9-6 rather than 9-5
Cardinal Management Group
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for Cardinal Management and wish that they had more properties in Florida. The work life balance was excellent and they had top notch training in place for new hires and continued training for current employees.
Pros
Work life balance, pay, excellent benefits
Cons
Strict Shops
Great
Assistant Manager/Leasing Director (257) Units (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2017
The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Lots of room for advancement “It's definitely a hidden gem
Incompetent Management, Tension-filled team, poor communication
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 9, 2016
The Managers put in place completely altered the strong system and team that that we had built while working under CA Ventures, LLC. Very difficult to communicate with managers, and strong lack on transparency and communication from their end. Dreaded going to work every day.
Pros
Discounted rent for my apartment
Cons
Short breaks, communication, team chemistry
Productive and fun workplace
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
In the office an employee can expect to deal with slow and quiet days or extremely hectic days assisting new, old, and prospective residents. At Cardinal Group Management, I learned how to conduct group tours effectively and not only that, but I learned quick recovery maintenance solutions to remedy overflowing toilets, stopped up inks, and dead batteries to electronic key systems.

For the most part, management was okay. They really expect you to handle everything with little to no supervision, which isn't bad, but when you have a serious question that takes about three seconds to answer, it gets a bit frustrating when you can't get an answer from a busy manager so you have no choice but to wing it on your own or ask a trusted coworker for a great deal of help. This essentially lead to strong camaraderie with your coworkers.

The hardest part about the job is thinking of a million ways to handle each complaining resident. Having patience comes easy with practice, but too many threats and complaints from dissatisfied people can become overwhelming. However, the genuine friendships and the events you all throw for the residents is the most fun part of the job.
Pros
Fun events; awesome benefits
Cons
little work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Group. Our community is ready to answer.