Cardinal Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,557 reviews matching the search See all 2,651 reviews
Good atmosphere with much opporturnity for professional growth
Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MASeptember 20, 2018
Routine days usually consisted of same day, same work task deadlines. I was trained well by colleagues and management in supply planning and EDI's. Management was hands-off. Work environment was easy going with work a from home option for most work staff.
Pros
Campus like work envirorment. Gym, Cafeteria, etc.
Cons
Contract work. Fewer benefits
The contract went smooth without a hitch.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2018
This was a contract position for 3 months on SSID replacement roll outs for every computer at the Columbus location. I was given as much overtime as need Monday through Friday which was great.
Pros
Overtime was given
Cons
3 month contract.
Unprofessional managment
Benefit Investigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 19, 2018
This company is horrible. Lack of professional, training. I started working 10-7 after 1 year of this schedule approached management about a possible schedule change and they're replied "don't ask about any schedule changes". Each time you go to management for assistant they run and hide. After hours especially!! I would not recommend anyone to this company. They start off all good but after training its down hill. I lasted as long as i could.
Pros
Cons
Management and Training
Great place to grow
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Working at Cardinal will hip you to the corporate culture. You'll experience everything you should experience working for a big corporation including lots of change, good and bad managers, visionary leadership, and the good old boys club.
Pros
Great benefits, job security
Cons
Little individual employee advocacy
Fair place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Lots of interaction and company activities with a good culture.. Not much room for advancement.Would work here longer if I wasn't looking for carrier advancement.
Good environment, just low pay for the amount of radiation you're exposed to.
Customer Service Associate/Driver (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 18, 2018
The environment and management was exceptional as well as the benefits. The issues that I had were low pay for the amount of work and radiation exposure. I started off at $10.93 per hour and received a total of $1.20 in raises in over 4 years of working there. As a driver you are required to help dispose of radioactive material and recycle the shielding used to transport them when you are at the headquarters. Drivers also package the radioactive material to be delivered once the doses are drawn by the pharmacists and techs. The other issue I had was late request for deliveries in which the late day shift person(s) would be responsible even if your schedule was almost up. At the time my daughter's were in day care and had to be picked up by a specific time which was not considered by the pharmacists and management at Cardinal health.
Pros
given 80 hours of PTO to begin, and good medical and dental coverage
Cons
Late stats, radiation exposure, and low pay.
MERCHANDISE PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 16, 2018
high turn around rate, that usually mean long hours most day you are working 10 plus hours a day. The one positive thing about this job is the do have good benefits and great PTO. you start of with at least 24 days of when you start.
Productive but not the best work environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HISeptember 16, 2018
Cardinal honestly doesn't have the best management organizational skills. There are a lot of things that are overcomplicated and makes things harder for the workers. I will admit the time I have spent there has given me enough to gain more leadership skills, PIT training, and I've also learned about inventory management, order releases, voice picking and order picking pulling, but overall I haven't exactly enjoyed my time there just with how poor management can be along with the environment of the workplace. It starts off as a fun new thing to learn but once you get a taste of how the place actually is, a lot of people get tired of it real quick.
Monotonous work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2018
Nothing much to shout about,

Advantage of working from home. No commuting

Sales quota keeps increasing every month.

Laid off in spite of doing very well.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Work not appreciated
Excellent work enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 15, 2018
Good culture and collaborative environment. Good benefits and interest in developing employees as future leaders. Management is engaged and gets involved with the details of the business.
Pros
Cons
salary structure
what i like about cardinal health
Receiving, Picker & Packer Clerk (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOSeptember 15, 2018
my job was ok picking &packing all day on your feet it was exercise for me bad on your feet with steal toe shoe over all it was not to bad of a job ok
Pros
good benefits
Cons
can not move up on job
ok place to work
CSA Supervisor Nuclear Pharmacy Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOSeptember 14, 2018
fast paced / stressful
pay could be a lot better
benefits and PTO OK
i like what we do here and how we help out the customers that we services .
the on call is hard at times to balance work and family time
Pros
Benefits / PTO
Cons
long day / call outs
Case Manager
Sr Coord, Individualized Care-Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 14, 2018
• Conduct outbound calls to patients to confirm approval/denials of coverage, co-pays and verification of specialty pharmacy that will dispensing their medication.
• Contact insurance companies as required to obtain and enter accurate benefit information to positively impact insurance processing and minimize rejections.
• Conduct research associated with alternative funding or foundations to ensure patient has required information to receive product.
Pros
Able to manage personal workload and control the flow of my day. Wear jeans everyday.
Cons
Low morale from employees.
Do More with less year after year
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 14, 2018
The company always strives to outperform the previous year, but not always willing to provide the appropriate resource to adequately accommodate this drive.
Fun place to work
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 14, 2018
This was a fast-paced job as we had quotes to meet. The management and fellow employees were easy to work with. Great place to work and grow with a pharmaceutical company.
hardest part of the job
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 13, 2018
The hardest part of the job was literally spending the entire day on the phone with independent pharmacies. I was/am much more used to talking to people face to face so being on the phone was definitely a challenge.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management, Unrealistic expectations
Very hostile work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Management comes and goes as they please. About 85% of the staff is rude and physically dangerous. Very high turnover rate....no one is willing to stay because of the extremely long hours and because the older people who have been there a long time are hostile. Trainer is unable to do their job because they are too busy undermining the lead. Big boss thinks that everyone is slow no matter how fast you move to get the job done.
Pros
Cons
Lack of compassion and training. Way too much overtime
Great Company
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Unfortunately it was 10 years since I worked for the company but I remember they were very supportive of the needs of the employees and they made sure you had the tools to do your job well.
Challenging and rewarding
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I have worked for Cardinal Health for several years. As a pharmacist, I have learned so much including different pharmacy systems. My coworkers are very hard working and knowledgeable. We all help each other and build each other as a team.
Pros
Free lunches, great team, good health insurance
Cons
Very busy at certain times
physical
Route Planner (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOSeptember 11, 2018
Hourly pay with overtime. Small chance of advancement despite what was promised. Very physical work with possible long hours each night. No set end of shift time.
Pros
Hourly pay with overtime.
Cons
No Advancement opportnities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss