Cardinal Health Employee Reviews

Found 2,748 reviews matching the search See all 2,850 reviews
Do not work here
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2018
After working here for a little over half a year, I have seen a bad situation become worst. The management is horrible just like the pay. I don't understand stand how a multi billion dollar a year company can only afford to pay it's employees only $13.50 an hour for inbound shift and a dollar more for outbound shift. Which means anyone hired for outbound makes more money than you and you have been there longer.The benefits are not the greatest. I'm trying to hang in there until I get a better employer however its very difficult. If you are not part of the good old boy circle or not in a click at this particular DC you can forget about advancement. Had know that working here would like this I would not have accepted this position.
Pros
Beats a blank check
Cons
Too many to name at this point.
Enjoyable and quick paced work
Pharmacy Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 20, 2018
Worked with a group of people all doing different target jobs. I had my own territory and contacted pharmacists throughout and created rapport with them. This in turn paved the way for relationships and even a healthy dose of sales on my part. THe compensation was great however management was being moved around and by the end of my tenure at Cardinal Health, things had changed so much that my job was worth about half as what it once was with more the work. Overall I very much enjoyed working at this company.
Pros
Nice helpful people, training, solid company
Cons
Poor Management, to much politics
Very poor management
Associate driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 22, 2018
Transporting Radioactive material to hospitals work in lab packing medical doses with a minimum wages 12.50. and little later will ask you to do more task like what pharmacy tech do. you kidding me handling radioactive dealing with hazardous waste for 12.50 an hour this company is a joke and other state had higher hourly rate. Better think about before applying job for this company. Though it would be more on doing delivery which loading and unloading packages. But I was a little bit surprised when started working for the pharmacy. manager told me that I’m now an associate service & delivery for this company. I was surprised because when I saw this job opening it says delivery driver, and later they will lure and put a bait on you for 40 cents pay raise. Poor management they don’t care if your only a driver, so be aware for this company.
Pros
Pretty straight forward job
Cons
Very low salary minimum wages for handling and disposing radioactive materials poor manangement
Look some place else...
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2018
At Cardinal Health they have caviar taste on a welfare budget. Small annual increases is the norm for top performers. Once you reach the top of your scale then they try and force you out or just outright give you a package. Management has no clue, it is just silos with cliques inside each of them, non inclusive and hypocritical. It is a great place for some one coming out fresh from College to learn the ropes gather experience so they can move on to greater and better things. Medical benefits are poor no better than Obama care and cost an arm and a leg. There is a good paid time off and leave package and the usual paid holidays but that is where it ends. Cardinal could be a global organization but their leadership holds them back.
Pros
vacation time is ample
Cons
Too many cliques, poor management.
Very fast paced place to work, long hours mandatory overtime
Stocker/picker (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 13, 2018
Easy job but hard working job! no down time constantly working your whole shift doing the same thing which gets veryyyy boring also your work activity is monitored and you have to keep track of how many items you stock you are expected to stock about 200 items a hour which (nobody ever is where they are supposed to be) and management will tell you, you are behind and your work activity is low and you can be fired, the hardest part of the job is you never know when your gonna go home EVERYDAY! no one leaves until all the work is done! regular shift is 6am -2:30am (expect to leave around 4 or 5pm with no 3rd break) If you enjoy constantly lifting, bending, and having to move fast ALL day then this is the job for you
Pros
Pay, benefits, and pto if you are FULLTIME
Cons
Long hours! Constantly working no downtime
Good environment, just low pay for the amount of radiation you're exposed to.
Customer Service Associate/Driver (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 18, 2018
The environment and management was exceptional as well as the benefits. The issues that I had were low pay for the amount of work and radiation exposure. I started off at $10.93 per hour and received a total of $1.20 in raises in over 4 years of working there. As a driver you are required to help dispose of radioactive material and recycle the shielding used to transport them when you are at the headquarters. Drivers also package the radioactive material to be delivered once the doses are drawn by the pharmacists and techs. The other issue I had was late request for deliveries in which the late day shift person(s) would be responsible even if your schedule was almost up. At the time my daughter's were in day care and had to be picked up by a specific time which was not considered by the pharmacists and management at Cardinal health.
Pros
given 80 hours of PTO to begin, and good medical and dental coverage
Cons
Late stats, radiation exposure, and low pay.
WAS premiere company in Columbus
IT management (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 15, 2018
When I started at CAH it was a great place to work. In the years there benefits got slowly peeled away and more political. They have great career development, but that too recently seems to be failing. The ability to move around internally and grow is getting harder and harder.

They also need to modernize, I no longer see them as innovative, they are starting to get behind the industry.
Pros
You are working to make life better for people.
Cons
Work/life balance, cutting jobs, not positioned for future.
work life balance was awful
Dock Coordinator/Shipping Control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2018
Cardinal health care is not a job i'd recommend. the work life balance was awful. i worked on average 12-16 hours per day and occasionally worked 18 hours or more. All holidays were required to be worked and sometimes i was required to work on my off days. the yearly pay raises were not good. and the hard workers never got advancement opportunities.
Pros
overtime if you needed
Cons
short breaks, poor raises, poor management
Focused only on profit, poor leadership, and inefficient.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 12, 2018
Mediocre leadership promotes mediocre leadership (vicious cycle) leading to poor culture and lack of critical thinking. Management believes that those not in management should not think or make decisions. The company is ranked as female friendly however that is only because of historical female functions such as marketing, human resources, and account management. Finance, information technology and other technical fields are not female friendly in terms of compensation, evaluation, and growth opportunities. I was recently told that my collaborative style indicated I was too friendly and not demonstrating leadership despite exceeding deliverables, timelines, and success metrics.
Sad place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNNovember 29, 2018
Management needs replaced. Back stabbing game that supervisors directors play on their employees. Placing employees in jobs they were not hired for. Moving employees with no experience in jobs they were not hired for. Human Resources needs to investigate all departments. Favoritism, goofing off is what the directors and supervisors do on a daily basis. Makes fun and picks on certain employees.
Benefits
Cons
Too much horse play by management leaders
Cardinal Health is a fine place to work
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  McGaw Park, ILAugust 9, 2018
Cardinal Health is a fine place to work. I left the company because they were moving out of Northern Illinois to Columbus Ohio and I was not in a position to move there. Had that not occurred, I expect I would still be working at Cardinal.

Cardinal's culture was one of customer service. With hospitals and clinics being the primary customer, we had to deal with the fact that hospitals do not close, and when they need their products, we must provide them. This adherence to customer service was a driving force in the work we did, and it unified the employees to reach common goals.

The hardest part of the job was leaving it. Next to that, we sometimes had to deal with SOX, HIPAA and other regulations, which I never enjoyed, but always complied with.
Pros
Good benefits package, dood work culture and environment
Cons
Regulation from government entities.
Run far away
Associate (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 4, 2018
You can't have a life outside of Cardinal. The pay is great, good benefits, but it's just not worth the stress. Way too much favoritism & fraternization within the company. Management is just a mess. Attendance policy is way too strict. So let's hope you have PTO Sick time around flu season, cause if you don't , expect to work a full shift running a fever. I've seen this. I've had to do this. Also expect to work full time, even as a part time employee. And get this, on days that you're not scheduled to work, attendance policy applies if you miss the shift they force you to pick up . Huge turnaround rate with employees. Good workers quit because of how bad management is. It's a great company, this location just isn't run the right way.
Not much room for growth if you're not one of the favorites or you're not fraternizing with someone with rank there. Not much appreciation for employees. They breathe down your neck if you're not moving fast enough. Even though, they couldn't pull the numbers we do if they tried. They treat you like complimentary salsa, but remember, you're totally guac sis. Stay woke.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Poor management, fraternization, favoritism, hectic schedule
Was a good place to work
Print Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJOctober 9, 2018
Was a good company to work for. I loved running the print room during the day. The people were friendly and helpful. They gave you an annual review and raise on a point system that was very fair. I was there for 6 years. I started as a temp, they bought my contract after just 3 weeks. I started making $9.00 hr when they bought my contract out they gave me $1.00 hr raise. After just 6 years there I was making $15.18 hr. If I hadn't had medical issues that forced me to leave, I think I would still be there.
Great Benefits
Customer Service / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 3, 2019
Cardinal Health offers a great benefit package and I was very impressed with it. Opportunities for advancement are slim and management really plays the "favorites" game. Hourly pay rate is low and seems to seldom or never adjust. The job itself was interesting and the folks I worked with very supportive and fun.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Raises are almost unheard of.
Terrible demonic place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2018
Inventory managers showed favoritism!! Overweight lazy sow of a supervisor,alcoholic manager, perverted employees! Messy jealous females who will do and say anything to make you look bad! Terrible communication within the company! Racist white supervisors who only take kind to the black men who they wish to or have already screwed! Unfair treatment and low pay. You only get a raise if you kiss a** and take daily naps at your desk!!!!
Pros
1st shift gets off on time
Cons
Everything else
Great Work Environment and Benefits
Medicare Analyst (Current Employee) –  Twinsburg, OhioAugust 16, 2018
I love working at CardinalHealth; the company has a gym onsite and encourages its employees to get health assessments through the StayWell Portal and usage of the gym, the benefits are family focused and CardinalHealth is one of a very few companies that encourages a work/ life balance and understands people have outside lives and family which emergencies may arise and try to work with you. Also, CardinalHealth contributes to alot of charities. The perks of working at CardinalHealth and the work environment overall are exceptional; like any job it is what you make it and you get out of it what you put in.
Pros
Employee benefits, flexible work schedule, staff
Cons
Travel time
Just bad
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEOctober 13, 2018
Cardinal Health has changed hands many times over the years. there are people dropping like flies there & retiring early.
Management comes off as friendly and helpful, at first.
Great benefits, but not employee friendly at all. Most employees are not welcoming at all.
If you want to work in an environment that does not reward you with raises for good work, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Benefits & vacation
Cons
Hostile environment
Great Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CANovember 6, 2018
Cardinal Health is truly a great company to work for. They are a fortune 100 company and have great offerings. You have the opportunity to grow yourself in many different capacities. Most company's I worked for only trained you for the position your in. Cardinal trains you to grow and become who you want to become.
Pros
Great pay, opportunities and benefits
Cons
must relocat to stay in management
Unfamiliar with wage and hourly laws
COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2018
Please be aware of the Federal Labor laws and ensure that you are being compensated fairly for your time. Hourly employees were often asked to clock out for mandator meetings, assigned work at home, and deducted worked time when asked to work through lunch.

While working there the benefits were great. The managment changed frequently, and at times it seemed like a good ol' boys club when selecting promotions. During my time at Cardinal I held five positions, with a dozen managers. This made it difficult to find a mentor within management.
Pros
Vacations, Benefits
Cons
High Turn Over
Good Life-Work Balance
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 14, 2018
Cardinal has had a lot of tenured staff for good reason. The company offers great life-work balance and is generally pretty flexible and accommodating with people's schedules, on top of some excellent benefits.

The downside to this is that salaries are low, and at least in this area, job security has been low as the company continually reorganizes.
Pros
Great Benefits, lots of PTO
Cons
Low Salary, Job Security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight