Cardinal Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,357 reviews matching the search See all 2,443 reviews
Productive place but Quick deadlines
Computer Systems Engineer (MSBI Developer) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2018
Cardinal Health is a place where we can enhance our technical skills es. I have learned on how to gather the requirements and communicate on Issues with business analyst and project manager. The hardest part of the job is to cope up with the quick approaching deadlines.
good work enviroment great people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 25, 2018
Drove nuclear medicine to hospitals & doctors office daily. I learned how to manage traffic to & from hospitals at all times of the day. Management was great to work with. Hardest part of the job was know you were working with nuclear medicine. Greatest part was the people you worked with, a real team environment
Pros
co-workers
Cons
salary
Good But be cautious.
Warehouse associate II (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAApril 24, 2018
Great Company to work for. They give you a lot of benefits and they really care about their workers, but management isn't always on your side or realistic. There was a lot of change and the work is easy but boring. Nights are really long depending on how the workload is for the day sometimes we were doing 12-13 hours shifts. The pay if great and there Is always room for growth.
Great place to work if you like odd hours
Nuclear Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 22, 2018
I go to school during the day, so I needed a job that had odd hours. I work from 2am to approximately 11am on weekdays and 2am to 8am on weekends. As a technician the workpace is a but higher than for a driver in the nuclear pharmacy, but it is still very easily doable. You become very close to your coworkers and managers. I've noticed that people do not get fired "just because" like at so many jobs I've worked at. There are multiple warnings, written and verbal, and it never comes as a surprise. There are several times during the day for short breaks--or you can use those times to do busy work--one is more likely to get you a raise when your reviews come around. One thing I've really noticed is that management actually appreciates you. When you go the extra mile, they do more than just nod. They actually thank you and let you know they appreciate your work.

Also, benefits start day one. That's super cool.
Pros
Amazing Benefits, Steady Schedule, Good Management, Appreciation
Cons
Odd Hours
Warehouse
order picker (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 21, 2018
People are good just to stressful, Seems be unorganized and big lack of communication. People there are good to work with. Grunted 40 hours week plus over time but never notified until last minute.
Fast paced ,good enviroment
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 21, 2018
Salary should be more based on the type of work. Need better insurance. Should have more opportunities for advancement. Should be able to cross train more on other jobs
Pros
Good enviroment, great hours, good supervisor
Cons
Low salary exspenive health care
fun place but we always busy
Returns/Picker (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 20, 2018
My Shift starts by clocking then we have a group meeting letting us know how much work is projected for the day. Then I look at the board to see where I might be placed at for the time being.Thought the day I do multiple job function in one single day.The hardest part of my day when all the shift are in the building it gets a little crowd.But from that I can see the all my coworker work together as one.
Pros
6 free lunches for the year for the company, coffee machine in the break room
Extremely Productive Place
QUALITY TECH II SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 16, 2018
Great company to work for! Great benefits, awesome training. A lot of leadership roles. Room to grow within and outside of work. Management was up to par, would definitely recommend this place.
Hold em back
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 16, 2018
The company used to be great before cardinal health took over. The management team have no idea what they're doing. They can't give you an answer without having to go ask someone else. They hold you back if you're good at a specific job. They waste your time to go take tests for jobs you will never get. I left because I was told not to waste my time to try to advance unless I've been there a year. That's ridiculous!
Leads need training on how to do their job. Let others do their job accordingly
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno-Stead, NVApril 16, 2018
Time management is not a focus nor goal with the leads. Upper management relies more on the leads opinion than other employees. HR does not respond nor care about employee complaints.
great place to work for
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNApril 16, 2018
I've had a lot of jobs before that I worked really hard, but didn't feel like I had an impact. I've been able to use my skills to get ahead here. When I've wanted to take on different responsibilities, I've been able to do those with help from my director and leadership. I feel like I've been here for a good amount of time and I've had opportunities to advance myself and learn about my potential.
Micro-Managed/Fast paced/Stressfull
Senior Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 14, 2018
I've worked at Cardinal Health (warehouse) for over a dozen years plus, I've seen it at it lowest point to it's current state. The position is highly stressed due to metrics and policies to be followed completely however their is a problem with favoritism. A typical day is clocking in, a routine stretch, and then to your work stations to begin. There are metrics you must meet on a daily basis, weekly basis, monthly basis, and a yearly basis. There is no scheduled "quitting time". My shift begins at 6:00 am and ends when all the freight is received, stocked- customer returns are processed and stocked. The time can vary depending on how much freight is received, how many employees have called out, and how many are in training. the goal is in 8 hours however it's usually 9-10 hours a day with overtime pay. The Supervisors are not trained properly on how to deal with these issues and creates stress on the employees who are present and working. There are 2 Daytime shifts, Sunday- Thursday and Monday-Friday. There is a Night Shift that has these two shifts as well. The Night Shift is responsible to fill orders for Customers the next morning. The most enjoyable part of the job are the employees who work there, they are good people.
Benefits
Cons
You do not know when your shift ends on a daily basis/ too many more to list.
Fun work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 11, 2018
My old site was a nice place to work for the most of it but I was wrongfully discharged after 6 years from corporate eve. Thou I was never late always early and never called off
Pros
Good mangement in st charlse cardinal
Cons
Corperate to judgemental
Very good company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McGaw Park, ILApril 11, 2018
Work for cardinal for 22 years add opportunity to grow with the company start out as an assembler was train become to be a team leader then I had opportunity become to be a production supervisor cardinal provided the most training that I ever had working for any company I was so hurt when the company was close
productive and fun place to work
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 10, 2018
Great place to work. Generous benefits and employee centered management. Reasonable job training and opportunity for advancement. A "Fortune 17" company that betrayed hundreds of its employees by shipping jobs overseas.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
mass layoffs
I liked Working for the Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAApril 10, 2018
I enjoyed being part of Cardinal Health . I liked that we were part of the hospital setting so I got to learn so much about working for a hospital and what goes on in one. I got to meet all sorts of people in this field.
Pros
Free lunch from Drug Reps. Part of Hospital week we got somethings as well.
Cons
No benefits like health 401k etc, not full time
15 mint break
Operator warehouse (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 10, 2018
Hard working and the supervisor very kind environment good people your working team come always on time the best company I work some time free lunch snacks
Pros
Free luch
Competitive
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 10, 2018
I work for ParMed, a subsidiary of Cardinal Health, and unfortunatly being that way made it difficult to attain sales goals as CH made it impossible to compete.
Pros
Benefits effective day one
Cons
Couldn't compete with parent company
Very Poor at Employee Support
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 9, 2018
The management expected travel on Sunday afternoon and return on last flight Friday night. ZERO work-life balance. Worst leadership I have ever encountered. I left on my own because I did not need to stay in a culture where they wanted you to worship the company. In fairness, this pertains to the no longer existing consulting branch. We were also supposedly executive level but only had one week paid time off until five years of service you got 2 weeks. HORRIBLE place to work.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYApril 9, 2018
Typical Day I would take Back to Back phone calls from Hospitals all around the United States Processing orders whether they be rush orders or returns or process shortages and reorders. What I learned was how important it was to process orders or any of the requests from the hospitals in a timely manner. Management was good if you had an issue or concern you could go talk to your supervisor. Colleagues made it fun to come in everyday very team oriented. Hardest part was probably just taking back to back phone calls.
Pros
team oriented Benefits
Cons
Stressful at Times Outsourcing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

76out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cardinal Health.

Powered by Comparably