Cardinal Health

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

No days off for weeks

Don't say yes to any overtime because as soon as you do you'll be stuck working everyday. Asking for time off for any reason is most of the time denied do to seniority getting all the days they want and you're left with nothing.

Horrible experience

Mandatory overtime of 10-12 hours every day. Sometimes you work 6hrs straight before you could even get a break. The environment there is all about hurrying up and pick orders fast so you’re always dehydrated since you barely have time to drink water. Training is only an hour or two then you’re on your own and in the way of others in the aisles. If you have a family/kids then forget about working here since you don’t know when you’re going home. It’s a very stressful, unhealthy job. Wouldn’t recommend.

Pros

Cons

2 small breaks in 12hours, mandatory overtime, no set time/schedule to leave.

Great place to work for 21 years Great management, HR Great employees. Pay was reasonable,opportunities to learn other jobs. Alot of teamwork in the Warehouse

Pros

Great place

Not a good place to work

Not a good place to work thay treat you like you are a machine very fast paste can't leave until all the Work is done always going to help department I will not recommend this job to anyone unless you have no other choice

Cons

I trusted and injoyed my co-workers

COVID-19 in the year of 2020 /2021 made flexible work schedule impossible. WearHouse supervisors did the best they could. But COVID-19 was and is crazy.

Pros

Outstanding co-workers. Very understanding supervisor

Cons

COVID-19 in the year 2020/2021 got in the way of everything positive.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Productive fun place with a ping pong table

I think this is a company that really goes out of its way to be a company that is very average and will pay you if you show up and won’t pay you if you don’t show up

Pros

Free lunch, money, time off

Cons

Have to work, hot, cold

Great place for a balanced work/family life

Wonderful place to work that offers a great work/life balance. The company is large and sometimes hard to find who’s responsible for what. Executives give you a long leash so you never feel micro managed.

Pros

Remote work. Decent 401k offering.

Cons

No cellular reimbursement.

Fortune 500 that cares about the bottom line to investors

Are you a hard worker that likes to work instead of workout? Come work here. Almost guaranteed five 10 hour days. If you work hard you will be expected to do so every day. Or are you a lazy worker that has the gift of gab. Come work here. Still the same amount of hours and you get paid the same as everyone else. Also if you can jaw it up with management there is a good opportunity for advancement. I worked for 25+ years with this company. The hard work and dedication I put forward was rewarded with a false accusation resulting in termination. Ask what the retirement rate is there before expecting to make a career there. I am now free. If this is what a convict feels like after release, it sure feels good. Management is the whip. Employees are the labor.

Pros

Decent PTO.

Cons

Manual labor (males are expected even more heavy lifting) Constant harassment from management.

Good Benefits

No balance work to task. Would be great if they could figure out how not to work over in hours. Does lot seem to be a clear direction for the business

Benefits

Cons

Flexibility

Over worked employees

No sign on bonus as promised overtime is taken in taxes so you basically are volunteering. Covid 19 test DOES NOT NEED TO BE NEGATIVE YOU CAN WORK WITH COVID!!!!! Not worth your family and friends or your health to be risked company doesn’t care about your health

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Management policies and favoritism

Excellent time well spent

Worked in the independent pharmacy and worked with a great leader and team. The supervisor was all about team growth and full of encouragement. It created an amazing non toxic working environment for our team of 5.

Pros

Great leadership and team. It was a contract that went permanent after 90 days.

Cons

Pay and no flexibility with working schedule

After ten years at company I got a new manager. She made untrue accusations that caused me to resign.

As a new manager for QA this person lied to upper management when I was accused of not wearing a mask before there was a mask mandate. All I did was reach out to corporate (Big Mistake) asking when the mandate for masks would be imposed because my work mates did NOT wear masks. I was given a final warning for not wearing a mask and I was the only one wearing a mask at work!

Pros

Work from home 3 days a week

Cons

Some management that do not stand up for their employees when wrongly accused.

This applies only to the Medical Segment, where I worked. I honestly found the work culture I needed. People are generally happy to help you. Work/life balance is outstanding. Leadership inspires commitment. The downsides: it’s a huge company and therefore it’s slow to act, and some corporate policies only get in the way.

Pros

Work / life balance; collaborative culture

Cons

Salaries are not aligned to med device industry

Its a job if you need a pay check

This use to be a great company to work for, but in the last 3-4 years as became a very political and greedy. Don't expect to be more than a headcount. Management is now more focused on pushing their agenda and their employees until they quit.Paid Time off is good, pay is average at best, insurance is less than expected

Pros

Paid time off

Cons

Corporate agenda, Health insurance, Toxic greedy environment

They were good to us.

Good company. Wish I was still there. Let people work part time. They had a variety of working hours so everyone could work the hours they wanted. Very 👍

Pros

Early hours

Cons

Not enough part time positions

Very formal culture. Lots of meetings outside of business hours.

I only worked at Cardinal for a couple of months. I found the culture hierarchical, formal and difficult to navigate. It's a place where you prepare PowerPoints for meetings that are about other internal meetings. I also frequently had early morning and late evening meetings added outside of work hours. Made it difficult to have a life.

Pros

Too formal

Cons

Fantastic healthcare and 401k

An decent job for the area

I started on the floor as a manufacturing associate and was able to move up in the plant. The training module and approach needs an overhaul. The pay raises are sometimes impeded due to meaningless tasks implemented on a score sheet. I feel it’s one of the better companies in the area to work but it’s definitely not without its flaws

Nothing, I was fired over my PTO and had a Doctor's note .

I was fired over my PTO and I had a doctor's note . I was a loyal employee who worked OT on my days off. I believe I was unfairly fired over personal reasons.

Pros

Friday's and Saturday's off

Cons

Short breaks if given any

Just read…

It’s a busy high paced job and watch out for the long tenure employees they talk bad behind your back and nothing gets done about it, managers and leads are paid to do absolutely nothing but talk and be on their phones. They expect a lot of work and let the slackers stay and continue to slack. Favorites get the best treatment and it’s clear who they are. Very poorly paid for some positions (not receivers since that’s easy). Management never talks about employees who go above and beyond, there’s is NO room for movement. Positions get chosen by that leads favorite person, it’s ridiculous and the turn over rate is due to favorites being chosen over more qualified people. It’s not worth the stress with 3% raise increases (what a joke that is) You get worked to the max while again the management sits in the office… a

Pros

Benefits are okay, birthday and inventory lunches

Cons

Pay rate, management and leadership horrible

Decent place to work

Long hours, not great raises. Pay you for the overtime. Would like to move up but not much room for advancement there until someone finds a better company to work for and leaves.

Pros

Always have work, job security

Good pay & very diverse

The job pay is good one thing I will say it’s easy money.I got hired through a temp and they did a horrible job of telling multiple of us the things they should of (start time, point systems, etc) management is just okay they always on us about moving and working but will come around and do one cart then leave us hanging when behind. The hours just make a lot of us feel like we have no life. I work the 2nd shift 6:30- finish. Overall I would say just don’t come through a temp agency I think that was a big part of my mistake cause if you ask me they treat the temps unfair and don’t communicate what’s needed w us . A lot of diversity in this work place and employees are very friendly and cool

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K
1.2K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss