Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

It was fun and productive
Nutrition service Aide/Dietary (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 23, 2017
I liked the job. It was just a lot of drama. It was just a lot of prepping of the food. It was non stop working. As were service breakfast, we’re prepping for lunch. And as we’re serving lunch, we’re prepping for dinner.
RN on Brain Injury Unit
RN position on the Brain Injury Unit (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2017
A typical day at work would start with coming in and receiving report from the nurse working the opposite shift. I would pull medications for patients and then hand them out, either through oral route or peg tube route. Vital signs were monitored during this time. Patient's would then get out of bed for therapy, which consisted of speech, physical and occupational therapy. Around lunch time I would administer medications, lunches and/or any tube feedings that were necessary. Tracheostomy care would also be performed, as well as suctioning. Patients would receive a bath every other day. At the end of the day, patients would be placed back in bed for evening shift.
Homecare experience
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 18, 2017
Homecare case manager. Was paid per visit this didn't include any time for office or administrative duties. Required weekly case conference meetings, mini labs return to Cardinal Hill for processing. Was responsible for driving my own vehicle but did get reimbursed for mileage . Change from a part-time position to a as needed position when I lost all my benefits, unable to go back to full-time benefits, so gave my notice for another job that had benefits.
Pros
Excellent home office site and parking availability.
Cons
paid per visit as case manager, didn't include office or administrative time many hours 10 to 20 hours per week not being paid for.
Great job
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 7, 2017
I worked well under pressure and learned to multi task and was very nice to the visitors and patients, I worked well with my coworkers and my boss and worked some weekends to help out. I was always on time and stayed when I was needed.
Poor Management & Appreciation of staff
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 3, 2017
Management wants their staff to bust their butt out on the floor satisfying the most difficult patients while getting no appreciation from management that just sits their big "BUTT" behind the desk making all the decisions. Management does not support their staff members even when the staff members have been dedicated to the facility and patients for many years and was let go because of a patient complaint for which the staff member had not done. Management used this reason as a reason to get rid of this dedicated staff member and hire a full time and part time employee with the money they saved by getting rid of this full time employee. Patients are now just a dollar sign with Health south.
Pros
Continuing ed., use of technology, coworkers
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, no respect from boss
no advancement poor supervisor
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 19, 2017
placed under facilities mgr. not a security mgr. no clue on dealing with people . need much more pay to start and/or larger pay raises.
outside agency security company hired to supplement and it creats more problems than it fixes !
Pros
paid time off
Cons
get rid of outside agency, big conflict, poor workers !
Enjoyable coworkers
Therapy Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 26, 2017
-great coworkers
-Pay is low for all employees
-provide continuing education
-employees are over worked
-good HR department
-in a growing process
Rehab Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 9, 2016
Great place to work, it is full of gaining experience if you are in nursing and overall a great place for productivity and fun. I love working here..
good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 7, 2016
monitor CCTV cameras handle patient security needs it is a good place to work they care about thier patients and staff co workers are great to work with
wonderful hospital to work at
Staff Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 27, 2016
Very nice job. wonderful management and fellow employees. I love this hospital. will highly recommend this hospital for employment.
Pros
culture
it was ok
HIMS Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 25, 2016
It was ok. The company has changed hands. New oversight isn't great. Was a great place to work before change-over. Benefits are not good anymore. EMR changed slightly and became more cumbersome.
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor employee appreciation
Scheduler (Admissions Representative)
Outpatient Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 16, 2016
Unless you want to be a puppet, do not work here. You are not allowed to speak up & question anything or you will be "toxic" and "intimidating" to management. Even when it comes to patient needs, if you speak up, you will be a target for management. When this company used to be Cardinal Hill it was an AMAZING company. The focus was the patient. Now it is all about the mighty dollar. Now that HealthSouth bought it out, the patients are just a dollar sign to them. They don't care about quality of care, they only care about the quantity of patients served in a day. Serving those as inpatients rolled up ham as a meat for dinner because they have ran out of food or shifts of employees (nurses) walking out because of management not listening to their needs to insure patient care is above standards. Leaving 1 nursing aid to 12 patients while RN staff sit back because "it's beneath them" and the patient's dignity suffers; but let's not let the patient or family know we are understaffed. We need to have positive attitudes, attentive listening and timely responses to call lights but make sure you don't take a break because RN's need their break first. It's hard holding down a chair watching CNA staff bust their butt. The quality of care is disgusting. Management does not listen to you when you point out improvements needing to be made or barriers in your workflow process. Management writes employees up out of retaliation when the employee points out that the management is the barrier. Human Resource management is a joke to say the least. The stick up her butt is shoved so far up that  more... is it is popping out of the top of her head in the hideous poof she calls a hair style. If people really knew the truth about what goes on behind the scenes of this place, they would go elsewhere. Thank God UK is starting up an outpatient neurological therapy department. So those with strokes, Parkinson's, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries or anything neurological will have an option to go someplace else. Therapists from Cardinal Hill are stressed out beyond belief because their hands are tied when it comes to patient care. They put in their hours each day, then go home and do hours of documentation because they aren't given the time to properly document. Therefore, their family suffers lost time with a parent but management doesn't care. Some of management doesn't have kids and doesn't understand the meaning of FAMILY TIME. They feel your time is more important to the company then to your family. Many therapists will leave once UK opens up the new department. Better opportunity to serve the population in the manner the patients deserve. I wouldn't take my dog to this place to be treated for a bee sting. There is a whole unit not being used in this hospital. Why not give back? Use it to treat wounded soldiers who have brain injuries, amputations, other medical needs. Oh that's right!!! They refuse to take military benefits for outpatient therapy because the reimbursement isn't enough. By all means, lay down your life for me but hey!!! if you come back with needs, I'm sorry, your insurance won't pay me enough for us to fool with you. Your brain injury or amputation wasn't enough. Suck it up buttercup! Wait for the VA to find you a spot in 4 years.  less
Pros
Cons
The whole place is delusional when it comes to management
Great hospital
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 5, 2016
Super understaffed and underpaid for the work you do at this hospital. The hardest part of the job is having so many patients to yourself thanks to the census when it's so low that you are stuck as the only aide on the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends out of your patients and having them make the job worth the trouble you go through.
Cons
pay
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2015
i enjoyed working at Cardinal Hill. The care was given as a team approach. I felt like I had great support from my fellow nurses. We provided excellent nursing care. I was especially proud of the basic bedside nursing care given. Every patient received a complete bed bath or shower every other day. It was a positive work place.
A great place to work overall!
Primary Nurse on Stroke Unit (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 25, 2015
I gained lots of skill and knowledge during the period I worked for this company. This was a med-surge floor and it was very busy. Management and co-workers were a pleasure to work with/ more like my home away from home!! I formed relationships here that I still cherish today!!!
learned alot
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 2, 2015
I have learned a lot from my co-workers and the management staff. I have improved my knowledge of the medical billing area, above and beyond myexpectations
Pros
Cons
very clicky
great placed and greatpeoples there friendly surrounding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  lexington kyAugust 26, 2015
i loved working there for an year. but then i had to moved i had an great boss she was caring and very understanding she was fair wih everyones/ the he placed was very friendly and happy oe
Pros
dont renber
Family
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 24, 2015
It was an professional experience and I will take that with me. Thank you to a knowledge and caring staff. I will miss them dearly.
Productive, Caring, Exceptional workplace enviroment
Financial Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 3, 2015
The longevity of this local based company was one of the best employers I had the privilege to be employed by. The staff, managers and clinicians had a genuine goal of the patient recovery being the top priority.
Pros
rehabilitation advances...miracle recoveries
Cons
corporate sale and change from non profit
Great Learning Experience
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 6, 2015
Great Learning Experience but does not pay their employees well.
They are non-profit so I can't really blame them however, experience does not pay the bills at home.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Pay and benefits