Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

excellent place to work, but I just feel as though I've hit a ceiling.
Monitor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 9, 2018
I enjoy working at Cardinal my particular position is low stress and I make my own hours, and I am provided with a company vehicle that I take home. Cardinal provides the gas cards and everything, but my current position is driving out in the field daily, and I want something more challenging. I've applied and been turned down for several positions, but I still have the drive to do more.
Pros
excellent salary, and benifits.
Cons
Not easy to move up
management
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 11, 2018
The Regional Manager and supervisors are very deceiving and non supportive. They will work you to death and then cover there own tails by pointing the finger or trying to squeeze you out to cover themselves.
Pros
its a job
Fast paced
Utilization Management Clinician MH/SA/I/DD (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 24, 2018
I am older and can't keep up anymore. I have had some health challenges. If you are young and healthy and willing to work, you will succeed.The environment is very corporate.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
productivity requirements
All about the customers and their needs
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Provided excellent benefits for employee and are a major behavioral healthcare company in NC looking out for our disabled citizens. People share their knowledge and enjoy being together for the overall care of customers. Always looking for ways to provide quality support for providers.
Pros
Paid time off and compettitive benfit packages
Cons
state funded so budget is never set in stone
Innovative Behavioral Health Company
Chief Clinical Officer (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCDecember 4, 2017
Cardinal is a leader in the publically funded behavioral healthcare industry. The Cardinal model has been expanded across the entire state of North Carolina.
I believe in their mission to help those in need
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2017
Cardinal is a company that is truly there to help those in the community that have MH-DD-SA needs. It touched my heart to know that I was a part of this company for over 12 years and if it wasn't for that fact that I needed to move back to NJ for personal reasons, I would still be working for this great company!
The department and your direct manager make all the difference.
MH/SA Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2017
Good luck. Get on the right team. Stay away from controlling micro managers. Great place to work when you have a great team and manager. Having the ability to work independently is a plus.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Few growth opportunities.
Please don't work here.
Anonymously submitted (Former Employee) –  One of their 20 catchment countiesFebruary 4, 2017
Unless you thrive on corporate ideology and bottom lines, I would advise against working for Cardinal. The company has a euphemistic term for nearly everything, and this is very frustrating for those who see things as they truly are. It is an environment that frequently changes with little notice, and assignments are often given at the last minute. For the person who is organized, prepared and does not procrastinate, this is not a good niche.
Pros
Salary is decent.
Cons
Management, the morale is very low, job security, the corporate mindset, and numerous changes with little notice
Is the salary worth your piece of mind?
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCNovember 29, 2016
Cardinal Innovations is a CORPORATION. Expansion, politics, and the financial bottom line are its priorities. This company provides above average pay to human services professionals, however its ethics are questionable and they demonstrate minimal care for the well-being of employees. If money is more important than common consideration and respect; then Cardinal Innovations will be a great fit.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Inadequate support, inconsiderate working conditions, minimal training and supervision.
Horrible place to work
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCAugust 12, 2016
This company does not care about its employees. They will terminate individuals for any reason whatsoever. Cardinal treats everyone as just a number and not an individual. It's a corporate environment that has taken caring out of the equation
Pros
Cons
corporate, cold, non-caring, non-empathetic
ever changing environment
Case Manager MH/IDD (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NC 28081April 5, 2016
Many opportunities to grow your career in a thriving corporate environment. People are great to work with. Benefits are good
Job responsibilities too much
Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCOctober 13, 2015
Job responsibilities were too much to handle, and was very stressful. Too many changes in upper management, as well as too few support team members to alleviate growth for new employees needs and technical support.
Pros
Good retirement, and time off.
Cons
Hard to take a break, due to overwhelming duties/responsibilities.
Great Employees
Mental Health/Substance Abuse Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCSeptember 30, 2015
Can be a very stressful environment but I very much enjoyed my co-workers and had great supervision as I was working towards licensure.
Great place towork
Registry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCSeptember 27, 2015
Cardinal Innovations is a wonderful place to learn and develop skills needed to work in the mental health field. I learned a lot from those passionate individuals there.
N/a
DD (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCSeptember 2, 2015
This was a huge mistake to go to work for this company. Zero training policy in place.
Lack of communication from your management team.
average company
MH/SA Care Coordinator & DOJ Transition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 5, 2015
average company trying to improve the bottom line with unrealistic goals, day to day is the same as far as operations and job description goes
Pros
Hsa, flex spending, can work from home
Cons
stats driven, culture does not match patient population
An ok place to work for if you relish high stress.
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 3, 2015
High stress work environment, which does have some advantages. The only way you can keep up is if several workers have clones. Too many meetings, which wipes out employee productivity daily. some departments are too small, and watch as other departments grow and add new employees.
Please be cautious when proceeding on with this company.
Pros
Great pay and benfits, and can learn a good deal.
Cons
Cannot grow in a small support department when company is growing too quickly.
good benefits, unrealistic expectations
IDD Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2015
extreme micromanagement, unrealistic expectations, too much to do for one day. could be successful here if you are willing to either lie or work 60 hr work week consistently
Pros
benefits, salary
Cons
micromanagement; high turnover in care coordination
Cardinal Innovations in Mecklenburg County is a corporate environment
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2015
Cardinal Innovations in Mecklenburg County is a corporate environment, which can be very disheartening when you come from direct care in community mental health. Cardinal Innovations only cares about making money, which usually means denying necessary services for clients.
Pros
Competitive salaries
Cons
Micromanagement, High Turnover of employees in care coordination
Friendly environment with teamwork attitude
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 15, 2015
A great group of people to work with in a challenging environment.
I enjoyed working at the front desk and being at the main "hub" of the office.
Pros
Being challenged on a daily basis.
Cons
Sometimes days went by slowly if I was not very busy (rarely).