Cardiovascular Institute of the South Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Valet Parking Attendant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSApril 19, 2019
The Providers seem to care about their patients. CIS has great benefits and paid time off. Management does not seem to care about your concerns and to much favoritism is show. There is not much room to grow within the company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 15, 2019
I am still with the company. I just had a chance for advancement within the company and took it. CIS is a great company. They love their employees.
Poor management, leadership, and unprofessional.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 1, 2019
This company does have wonderful providers who care for their patients. The providers do like for you to learn from them. Definitely a good place to learn about cardiology. Besides that, CIS has nothing to really offer, but a lack of concern for their employees. This company may offer great benefits, but this does not make up for the lack of professionalism, leadership, and management. It is a high stress environment, not due to actual job duties, but due to management and a negative work environment. The job duties can be challenging. The "rules" change week by week depending on how the management feels. Very inconsistent and gets very personal in a very unprofessional way. People are not trained fully before being placed to work. You'll even get the occasional response from management, "you'll have to figure it out," when you go for an answer to your question. I definitely would not recommend working at this company. This company does not have a good turn around rate and there is a reason for it. Sure, if you have a problem you could report it to HR. I'm sure they will do something about it, 20 years from now.
Pros
Insurance, 401K, Pto
Cons
Unprofessional, inconsistent, and negative work environment.
Very stressful work environment!!! Need better management.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 11, 2019
Front office team leader never helps out when needed. She has a real problem reprimanding her employees in front of other employees and patients. She is always throwing her work off on someone else. She shows favoritism all the time. I personally don’t think it should be allowed for team leader to be supervisor of sibling. This creates a lot of talk and drama. We are overworked and under staffed. Team leader doesn’t even understand the jobs of her employees. Currently looking for something else.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management. Need better team leader
Productive work place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LADecember 2, 2018
There are many things that I can express about the job at CIS but I will say it was a productive place to work and I was able to gain more knowledge on top of what I had already obtained in the pass
Positive environment where employees are appreciated
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 18, 2018
Working for CIS is a breath of fresh air. I find that CIS truly cares about its employees. For the first time in my career, I feel appreciated and valued as an employee. Everyone you work with offers encouragement and lets you know when you are doing a good job. Teamwork is encouraged and makes the work fun, as everyone is like a big family and wants you to succeed. Management is very personable and on a first name basis, which you can't say about many places. There are numerous opportunities for employees to advance their careers through education and hard work. The benefits and compensation are a plus, as well as the extra things CIS does that most places don't -- from providing lunches during meetings or webinars, to Family Day festivals, Christmas Parties, spirit days, retreats, and more.

The biggest difference you will find at CIS is that patient care is a top priority here, and it is genuine -- not just to meet regulations or get by with the fewest resources. We go above and beyond to make sure our patients are comfortable and well taken care of. Our staff devotes extra resources when there is a need, and many have been recognized for going out of their way to assist patients beyond their job descriptions.

You will not regret working for CIS. I was hesitant to continue working in healthcare after a bad experience with one of the hospital systems, but my transition to CIS has been life-changing. I am happier than ever and enjoy coming to work everyday. My coworkers are becoming great friends, and I feel that I am making an impact on people's lives. I can easily
  more... see myself spending the rest of my career here at CIS!  less
Pros
Great Management, positive environment, flexibility, job security, compensation, 401k, lunches
Company that values its employees and patients
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 13, 2018
My typical day at work involves taking care of patients via telephone. I have learned so much while working at CIS. I came from a med-surg background and it was an adjustment to say the least when I started working at CIS. However, they have offered me plenty of educational opportunities and I am very confident in my role as a nurse. I truthfully have never had better supervisors and managers before I started here. They treated me like family and have always encouraged and supported me in my role. The workplace culture at CIS values family, patients needs, collaboration, and employee satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job is the trusting relationship I have established with my patients. CIS is truthfully the best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
401K, healthcare, career advancements
CIS: Patient-centric, family oriented, motivating work environment
Administration (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 24, 2018
I can honestly say that I love working at CIS! CIS is one of the most professional companies in Louisiana (and beyond) that you can work for. It’s a great organization that puts our patients first, ensuring that they receive the highest quality of cardiovascular care available.

In addition to our patients, CIS has a strong sense of culture and they really do value us as employees and our families. One of my favorite events at CIS is Family Day. Family Day is great because everyone from all locations come together to socialize and play on an all-out, fun-filled Saturday! Family Day is one of my daughter’s favorite “holidays” and she looks forward to it every year!

As a company, CIS is constantly growing and expanding, which can make our days fast-paced at times. Processes do change often but it’s because CIS is always looking to improve and better the company. This can be a challenge for some; however, I really enjoy the constant movement and I love being motivated every day!
Pros
Mission driven, strong culture, friendly work environment, several educational and personal development opportunities
Cons
Not really CONS, but FYI: Fast-paced work environment, a handful of after-hours events and/or travel requirements (more so for corporate positions)
Excellent place to work.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 12, 2018
I have been employed with CIS for over 5 years and have never worked for a better company. Your voice matters and management always will take the time to listen. Some of the best physicians to work with, always willing to help/teach. CIS is provides a family atmosphere in their workplace. CIS is a company that puts forth effort to provide events to bring employees together. I enjoy coming to work on a daily basis.
Pros
Great retirement, lunch provided most days, christmas party, family day, CE's are paid for.
Cons
Busy atmosphere.
Patient Satisfaction is the main goal.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 5, 2018
I loved working with the patients. Management leaves a lot to be desired. My overall experience was good. I formed some awesome working relationships with the doctors and coworkers.
Exciting time to be a CIS employee!
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 3, 2018
With the company growing rapidly and expanding into more and more markets, now is the time to join this fantastic company! CIS is one of few health care companies that are thriving in a challenging economic time. The excitement of our growth rubs off on employees creating a motivated, busy, and fun work culture. The clinics stay busy as do the employees, but hard work is recognized and rewarded. I am loving my time here thus far and feel like I am always recognized for my hard work. I feel like the pay is competitive, benefits are great, and feel really lucky to work for such an awesome organization.
Pros
Team work environment, great pay and benefits, fun company events, free lunches
Phenomenal culture
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 2, 2018
The culture at CIS is truly like no other. Everyone is looking out for each other. CIS truly strives to make the right decisions for their patients and their employees. You feel appreciated for what you do here. I am humbled to be part of such a phenomenal organization.
Pros
great benefits & time off, generous retirement plan, family day, christmas parties, t-shirts, free lunch during meetings
Growing Cardiology practice, innovative and puts patient care in the forefront of the organization and all of its decsions.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 2, 2018
CIS has a unique culture of supportiveness towards its employees. There is opportunity for growth and development for staff across the organization. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with projects. The most enjoyable part of the job, is that is challenging and never boring. You have the ability to affect patient care and impact their lives. The teamwork is incredible. It is a great place to work, and everyone is willing to help you whenever you need assistance.
Pros
Supportive executive team, freedom to disagree and be creative, growth opportunities.
Cons
Keeping up with the fast pace in a healthcare environment that is constantly changing.
You must be in the click to be heard
Hard worker (Current Employee) –  South LouisianaJune 6, 2018
Learning experience although the Upper management does not listen to valid complaints. You must be in the click to be heard or even acknowledged at times. Often girls join in parties so that they don.t have to suffer the consequences of not pleasing the boss! We have witnessed where experience meant nothing. Double standards for most employees. Some can come and go during the day for hours at a time while others have to pick up the slack!
Some girls can visit their kids during the day while others can.t!
Pros
Free lunches thanks to drug reps if you're a nurse or med tech
Cons
Read the reviews
Terrible Management/Employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 3, 2018
Worked temp receptionist for 3 months was treated poorly by the staff and other employees. There are two ladies that try and run the place and have the worst attitudes toward anyone that does not fit in. I found that some of the nurses were rude and immature for they're profession. Very judgemental. A lot of upper management replacements. It has been a year since I worked there but I see by Indeed website and word of mouth that there has been changes and employees replaced.
Summary
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 23, 2018
Great job work/life balance. Excellent pay and benefits. Management cares about its employees and wants you to succeed and grow your career. Overall, great culture.
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 10, 2018
CIS is a fast-paced environment. Patients are the focus and making sure patients are well cared for. The culture at CIS is great, meaning managers and physicians really get to know you and care. CIS is innovative and thinks about the future so that the company is prepared to be around a long time.
Pros
Teamwork, advancement opportunity, community involvement
Cons
Fast-paced
April 20, 2018

We're so glad you're happy here at CIS! We agree, the culture here is great and although the work is sometimes fast-paced, we take a lot of pride in caring for our patients. Keep up the great work.

Horrible management and administrator
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Meridian MsMarch 12, 2018
This clinic picks favorites and even creates jobs for ones he likes even though they still get behind and can be very hateful if you are not a favorite. One person is expected to do the job of 3. Can not wait to leave
Pros
Free lunch most employees are amazing
Cons
Treated bad by administration and "team leaders"
April 20, 2018

We would welcome the opportunity to talk to you. Please contact Human Resources if you’d like to discuss.

Poor Management
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  New IberiaFebruary 11, 2018
Poor management, cut throat, did not train thoroughly, management was too busy. Other workers did not help, assist or work together as team. Bad Experience
Fast-paced and stressful environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 25, 2018
CIS is actually a great place to learn about cardiology as a part of the medical staff. The physicians are extremely knowledgeable and take good care of their patients.The day starts at 7am and can last until 7pm of being on your feet, bending, pushing, assisting patients. The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to help a patient with their needs. The hardest part of the job is actually not the job itself, but the way staff is treated by supervisors and the office manager. The manager has been known to yell at and threaten to terminate employees creating a sense of hostility and job insecurity. There is a disconnect amongst the staff and an extreme amount of favortism with nursing and tech supervisors/staff, especially those who are related to or have close personal relationships with the physicians. There's a good reason there is such a high turnover rate and only a handful of employees are long term.
May 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. The turnover rate is fairly low at CIS at 8.54%; the industry average is 16.4%. As a high-volume physician practice, the environment here is fast-paced and which is not suitable for everyone.

According to December 2017 results from our employee engagement survey, employees scored CIS a 4.41 out of 5 when asked about their Overall Satisfaction with CIS as a place to work.

We have a strong commitment to treating every employee with respect and professionalism. With the recent addition of our new Virtual Care Center, we anticipate a drastic reduction in nursing overtime in the near future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardiovascular Institute of the South. Our community is ready to answer.