Cardno Employee Reviews

Good place to work but corporate culture is hindering it
S.U.E Tech III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2019
It is a good place to work the employees are hard working management does its best to give you the materials you need to get the job done but its the corporate structure that keeps management from keeping the equipment up to date and working so that the company can be competitive
Pros
Employees, Benefits, Job Security
Cons
Equipment, Corporate structure
Poor management
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAApril 4, 2019
Management is not proactive ad therefore loses employees pretty regularly. The people that work there are kind though. Management just lacks initiative
Friendly environment, work life balance, but horrible pay
Project Admin/Contract Admin (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 28, 2019
I’ve had a pleasant experience at Cardno, however company communication is poor. They have decreased a lot of incentives due to “budget cuts” and it’s become more stuffy over the years. Salary increases are almost unheard of and good work goes without acknowledgement. Benefits and people a plus!
Great Company to Work For
Staff Geologist (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAMarch 22, 2019
The office I worked for had great people and that's why I enjoyed coming to work every day.
The job itself was repetitive and lackluster, but the people themselves were great.
With time and experience, there are opportunities to move up and increase your salary.

Great on-the-job training and very welcoming environment.
Pros
Benefits, Competitive Pay, Employees, Paid-Time Off, Opportunity to Advance
Cons
Worked in not-so-great areas, Repetitive Work
Gran Empresa
Gerente Financiero y Comptroller (Former Employee) –  QuitoMarch 6, 2019
Gran Empresa donde se permite el contribuir de forma rlevante a la Gestion proponiendo mejoras y con oportunidades de crecimiento personal.
Pros
Crecimiento y Estabilidad
Cons
Gestion Regional
Outstanding Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2019
Great company to work for, extremely flexible and busy. You have the opportunity to work on massive projects and make a difference in the environment.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Sometimes hours can be excessive in the summer
Great group of people to work with
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNJanuary 31, 2019
Depending on the week/project met at the office, on-site or stayed out of town and commuted from hotel. Started everyday with a tailgate safety meeting. Worked outside weather permitting
Cardno PPI workplace environment
Global Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Cardno PPI is a dynamic fun place to work with autonomy to pursue your assigned KPI's.

Business Development activities are monitored but the team is free to develop their own accounts as they see fit.

Commissions were paid on time and clear to understand.
House of cowards
S. U. E. Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta/ Norcross officeDecember 20, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy. I started working there through a temporary service and was hired on because they liked the work I was doing, but only offered me the same money that the temp service was paying me. From there it went downhill rapidly. There’s a clique that you definitely need to be part of in order to stay one of the good guys. Working with people who are cut throat and insecure was the norm for me. Couldn’t be heard by upper management because they were hired by these same people and therefore were protected regardless of what they did. Long story short, I was fired because they said that they had a Facebook video of me driving a company vehicle and filming myself but when asked to show me the video I was accused of making, they couldn’t produce it. Hey! I get it. Sometimes you are not going to be a good fit at some companies, but to come up with a B/S story to fire a guy is short of cowardice in nature and I still wonder how those people sleep at night.
Cons
I do not recommend this company.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2018
Management is not professional.
Workplace culture was very disappointing.
Job duties are inconsistent between same job titles.
Lots of lay offs continually
Unfair Pay
Payroll department is incompetent.
Nice place to work
field tech (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 16, 2018
They were relaxed and easy to get along with. We had fun but we also got our work done. They are a family first place. When you needed to have time off you was able to get it.
laid off
ENGINEERING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 7, 2018
They were trying to get into the hardrock industry but did were forced by market conditions to close down this area of business. We were starting to make progress.
Pros
schedule
Cons
poor market conditions
large firm
Senior Consultant i (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 4, 2018
one of largest in development consulting world. Have a wide presence in different geographies. The management was OK, mostly communicative and problem-solving.
Interesting
Data Entry & Processer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 1, 2018
I can't fairly judge Cardno as a whole since I was part of a temporary team brought in for one specific job. Therefore, we had little interaction with those outside our team and the company as a whole. We worked very hard, detailed, monotonous tasks but were shown appreciation with frequent catered lunches.
Relax workplace until 3 years ago
Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 20, 2018
Cardno has to many changes going on they do not pay you for your work experience or your performance in the field the office managers are cool but, theres only so much they can do for you every order come from somewhere else not your office and the higher up's are less than fair when it comes to your pay.
My time at Cardno
PROJECT MANAGER I/PROJECT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
my time at Cardno I have really grown as a manager and have really enjoyed my time at Cardno I have learned a lot from my fellow employees Cardno was a great place to work
Unstable
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 2, 2018
Cardno in the past was a great place to work. Over the years it has become unstable with management laying off staff. The staff are great people and fun to work with.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Unstable
Excellent company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2018
Under Cardno, ATC turned out to be an excellent company.
General and Department Management was great with the exception of the office manager at the Dallas office that was a bit on the racist side.
The organization, set goals and clear distribution of responsibilities, made the transition an easy one to this office.
The benefits where spectacular. I would of love to stay there.

The bad part, I got pregnant and I was not profitable to the company, so they changed me from salaried to hourly and never gave me any hours after I had the baby. But on their defense, I had a complicated pregnancy with bed rest and management provided possibilities for me to stay employed with health coverage but at the end, I was let go anyway
Pros
company car, phone expenses, per diem
Cons
no maternity benefits
It was a good job, but management was somewhat overbearing
Senior Project Geologist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 1, 2018
Work for project manager was 95% office. A good work place culture. I learned a lot about financial management and budget preparation. The hardest part was alignment of weekly project expense descriptions with billing department at the end of each month.
Fun place to work
Corporate Accounts Receivable / Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 1, 2018
Learned a lot working for them. Everyone was great with helping out when needed and like a big happy family. Perfect amount of work for an 8 hour day/40 hour week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardno. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight