CarDon & Associates Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Regional Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2018
I have been with CarDon for almost 4yrs. I love working for CarDon because they really care about their associates and residents and promote from within. And let's not forget weekly pay and great benefits and so much more! The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am working along side some of the best Senior Leaders and Staff in the Healthcare Industry.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
N/a
Run away!!!
Hospitality Aide (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 2, 2018
I have never been treated so badly by an employer since entering the work force many years ago. The nursing management, especially the scheduler, were abusive in my opinion. I was scolded for things that were not my fault and was not allowed to stand up for myself. They encouraged me to go to them with any problems or concerns. Any time I did that either nothing was done or it made things worse. I was told, not asked, that I would be training to do job I did not sign up for. I was also expected to stay over with no warning. They pretty much want adaptable doormats working for them.
Would not recommend to anyone
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Main officeAugust 31, 2018
No training......Poor leadership....Terrible benefits and non-competitive pay. Look elsewhere unless you are absolutely desperate for a job...........
Pros
Cannot think of one.
Decent
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 23, 2018
Great job and I enjoyed almost all of it, but not enough compensation for the amount of stress. All management was great and willing to help, but my position was just not paid enough to incorporate the amount of work and stress i had on a daily basis. As I said, management was great but many of the nurses and aides were grouchy, rude, and very demanding. And, unfortunately, there was almost no discipline for bad behaviour. One more thing, with new rules, I found myself working many hours without getting paid for them, they discourage working off the clock, but also discourage putting in after hour timesheets, so I found myself working after hours (because the job needed to be completed or directly affected a resident) and not saying anything because it was just easier. All that being said, I loved working here and it was an amazing experience, I do not regret it in the least.
Pros
Great management
one nurse wrote earlier this is an "atrocious" place to work and that the 2 female managers in assisted living were cut throat that was a dead on!
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 8, 2018
They put on a happy face when hiring you, promising they are "temporarily" going thru a " rough patch" losing staff NOT SO!
you get absolutely NO training at all, all their friendships are formed, so let the drama and lies begin.
as a staff nurse you are responsible for 40 patients in assisted living, then all the patients in independent living, then all the apartments.
good luck on breathing or eating taking a break
and the head clinical supervisor will make sure she gets her moneys worth out of you by working you 6 days in a row at about 55 hours with ONE DAY of training, then you are turned loose to fend for yourself and God forbid if you ask questions because then you will be accused of not knowing what you are doing.
sad thing is the director will smile right to your face offer to help and then NOTHING!
They have patients in assisted living that are clearly not able to assist themselves with anything, the med passes are DANGEROUS as you are expected to pass medication on 40+ people that the night shift nurse sets up and you have NO way of knowing what these patients are taking as they are locked up in their room after the brand new nurse fills the medi-planner and they are put in the patient's room any nurse with common sense knows you DO NOT PASS ANOTHER PERSONS MEDICATION but we are told that "OK" Beacause its home health???? sorry ladies no it ISN'T!
the management cares about numbers and money,
while the staff nurses are grossly overworked and new not having a clue as to what they are supposed to do but you don't dare complain as to management that is a red
  more... flag of weakness,
same for home health aides if they complain as often they work 50 plus hours a week and manage 40 patients by themselves 1-2 home health aides, (trust me they dont stay long) which is beyond a unreasonable expectation, then they to are labeled as weak and have alot of "drama"
basically they dont care about you as a nurse or a person,
as it was mentioned to by the head clinical supervisor as long as the patient is VERTICAL they can pay to live there or the family can take care of them LOVELY SENTIMENT!
severe dementia patients living alone in apartments with stoves that get left on, you tell administrators nothing done these patients need so much more care, but again you dont ask, because they pay very good money to stay there. THATS THE BOTTOM LINE I heard it over and over, they pay the money to live there, family very unaware of what goes on there.
it's a shame the community perception of this facility is not at all what the facility really is,
the administration ladies do a great job of concealing what really goes on therefore the public is clueless very very sad!
WORST JOB EVER! NEVER BEEN SO MISTREATED BY AN EMPLOYER EVER!
patients not given proper care or attention because staff cannot keep up the patient ratio. the patient to staff is extremely low therefore ALL suffer!
just another messed up company, dressed in a pretty package, with lying administration which seems to work well FOR THEM!
any nurse with her dignity and morals would not work here
Pros
patients
Cons
Everything, especially administration
typical long term care
Social Service Director (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, INAugust 7, 2018
lots of work, very little help. heavy on corporate support but there more to tell you what you are doing wrong than to actually help out. no chance for advancement and no recognition for a job well done
Nursing management is atrocious at Copper Trace.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INJuly 3, 2018
I would not recommend this facility to anyone. Based on my time at Copper Trace, I wouldn't work for another CarDon company. The nursing management was an embarrassment. I have never been treated so poorly by staff in my many years of nursing.
It seems like they have no clue what is going with each other.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
awful management
Great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2018
I have worked for CarDon for almost 4 yrs. I love working for a family owned company. They treat everyone as family and care deeply about their residents, family members and staff.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
not at this time
Would not recommend
Rehabilitation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2018
Benefits are not good, pay is low, workplace culture is hostile and unfriendly. No teamwork or communication in the building among employees. Management does not listen or care about employees.
CarDon is a great company
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2018
The company is a family-owned business with fair practices and incredible people. I have enjoyed my time serving others as a CarDon associate. I feel they have a genuine concern for their associates.
Stressful
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Paoli, INMarch 23, 2018
I worked in the rehab and does all medicare notes, Works more than 8 hours average per day, very pleasant colleagues, very encouraging and helpful supervisor. Facility is disorganized. Many issues handled fairly well. Many complaints from patients/residents about systems within facility.
Pros
very pleasant snf residents
Cons
too many issues with department coordination, too much notes for medicare, short staffed
N/a
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2018
When I first started working there I didn’t like it at first probably because it was a little different to what I was use to but after a while I started liking it. If I was certified I would go back.
Atrocious company to work for!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 7, 2018
DON'T DO IT! You have been duly warned!
This is the most uncaring, cold, ruthless management I have ever encountered in over 20 years in healthcare. They don't give a whit about you as a person. You are just a worthless worker for them. They have no Scruples about treating you anyway in any time even without any justification and, as their excuse, they will claim that you are hired at will .
I have over 20 years of healthcare experience, I have an outstanding work record and no history of problems with my employers, but this one, I assure you, over time you will find it impossible to work for. And that is because the management of this company does not care about you or about the patients, but they care about is lining their pockets.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Registered Nurse
Interim Unit Manager/Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2018
This is a great work environment, management encourages team work and helping you to build upon your profession. This is a great place to work for both a "seasoned nurse" and a brand new nurse new to the nursing profession.
Terrible culture, terrible employment and business practices, under the foot of tyrannical management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2018
Employees are expected to work long hours and are treated very poorly. As a result the workplace culture is is not pleasant, and morale is very low. Many employees are completely miserable but need their income so they try to get through it. Management does not value input from employees and does not address employee concerns. Employees are made to feel like they are expendable and treated as such with no appreciation for anything they do. It is very broken and good people pay the price.
Understaffed and employee’ s are treated unfairly if your not in the managers click
LPN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 28, 2017
If you aren’t in the upper management’ click than they will make your job very hard and stressful on you so that you will up and leave and/or Quit. The pay is good but there is always shortage in staff and you have to work long hours.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management are two faced and bully’s
Census driven under-staffing
Unit Manager/LPN (Current Employee) –  IndianaDecember 13, 2017
Nursing - Nurses and CNAs are not individuals at Copper Trace. No regard to acuity versus census when staffing. Staff blamed for mistakes when not enough help. Often nursing has to do dining work, while nursing needs required bc of lack of kitchen staff.
A typical day in rehab is exhausting and completely dangerous to patients who require treatments, medications, special attention, due to admits, discharges, high acuity at all times.
Shifts are cut to save money when low census on rehab, even though other units are full.
Company should have HUGE income, yet they treat employees like they are penny pinching. It's terribly stressful for staff.
Pros
Dementia unit allows for time to get to know your patient
Cons
Other units allow no time for breaks, thinking about patient as individual
Hard work here. Not always appreciated.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 12, 2017
I worked in assisted living area of the community. It was very hard but rewarding. The patients tend to be demanding and think of staff as privately hired servants at times. Some of the patients should be in the nursing home as they have so many needs but pay to stay here. The acuity level is way too high for being AL.
Staff is friendly and direct upper management is great. Some nurses are inflexible and try to run the show if they have been there a long time or have personal issues.
We lost a great DON because of one of them.
There are always problems finding good workers, just like other places, they don't want to stay. The pace is not as bad as at the skilled care or long term care areas.
The big guns have no idea what home care is supposed to be and have no way to help. They keep applying LTC regs to HHC in assisted living and slow down progress.
Pros
Great meals, supportive direct management.
Cons
Corporate doesn't get it. Staffing issues.
It’s a nice place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INOctober 26, 2017
The residents are the best part about this place. The area is very nice , the work team is also wonderful but the managent is very poor here the aids feel very under minded
Bell Trace Senior Living is a Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 25, 2017
Bell Trace Senior Living is a fantastic place to work! The management is caring and listen to concerns. The work environment within the campus is relaxed. Everyone truly works as a team! The hours are flexible as many will benefit from this!
Pros
Free exercise Room, Professional Management
Cons
Healthcare is a bit costly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarDon & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8