Cardtronics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Inside Sales Representative
Inside Sales Representative / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 20, 2018
Micro-managed from corporate office and local office alike. Stressful, forced number of daily phone contacts req'd; not a good match for my abilities, expertise and experience, as I am most comfortable in a relationship selling role, not a one-and-done scenario. I had to squeeze into their job description and meet daily/weekly performance measures.
Worked well with minimum supervison
INVENTORY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 16, 2018
Ordered supplies, kept inventory, enter data to Great Plains, etc. Loaded and unloaded trucks, preparing items for shipment. I was in charged of the building and the lot. Setting up mowing and snow removal bids, to building maintenance.
n/a
Compliance Services Analyst/Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2018
I really enjoyed my work at Cardtronics. The company grew really fast in my last two years with them. The daily work environment is laid back and your peers were very friendly. Benefits are great!!
Pros
Benefits and company gatherings
Cons
Can become over loaded with projects
Fun and productive place to work in most cases.
Technical Support Analyst Project Operations (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 2, 2018
CardTronics is a grreat place to work, however as a contractor there was no forward movement, though possibilities to become permanent this was limited to 2 persons of 7 contractors.
Pros
Great environvent
Cons
No forward movement, not enough permanent positions.
fast paced
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 25, 2018
I was hoping to retire here. I truly loved coming to work everyday..What i find stressful is looking for another job. I do not like going through 30+ minutes of questions and at the end, I still have not applied to anything.
Pros
full time
Cons
closing
Huge Negative culture shake up
management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2018
This is by far the worst environment you can be put into. Managers and anyone under the level of VP is disregarded off to the side. I have never seen a company so poorly run or have such a negative impact on employees within such a short time. They are losing money like crazy and its a sinking ship or horror. Don't look here.
Pros
Some employees
Cons
Uppermanagement, zero communitcation, vicious dictator style leadership, can get fired on the spot.
Nice Job
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2018
Great work place, learned a lot. I learned about the company and machines. A lot of different ways to move up in the company. Overall great place to work and learn from others.
Enjoyed the experience
Sr. IT Analyst / Change Manager / Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 19, 2018
I loved working at Cardtronics, as I learned a lot and gained knowledge from working there. I was a key contributor on a service management team and I was able to learn a new skill and broaden my knowledge.
no words
BUSINESS SYSTEMS PROCESS DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2018
the only thing constant and change. learned everything I could from anyone will to teach me. Management there is no comment. Culture is intense. The hardest part is nepotism, clicks, and the do what I say mentality. I love business systems and processes.
Company is is evolved from operating ATMs to processing transactions
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Cardtronics evolved from an privately owned small company into the largest operator of ATM in the world. The company became publicly traded and the founder retired. The new management changed the focus of the company from operating ATM to processing ATM transactions. The majority of the original employees retired or were laid off.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Cons
Extremely fast growth.
Toxic
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Very executive heavy. The biggest turnover rate comes from the top executives. They stop in for a year or two with a plan to change the culture, make a lot of changes, fatten their pockets and leave. Then the new executives come in from other industries and start the process over. Groundhog Day..... Fact check the tenure of the executive committee on their website.

Cardtronics is a public company but does not offer the employees any type of stock share.

Over the past 5 years Cardtronics has been in acquisition mode but has failed miserably with consolidating them into a cohesive company.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
No clear strategic vision, segmented by department and location, executive team turns over every few years, upper management is unable to assist their team as they have no prior industry knowledge
Crazy, zoo
Call Center Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2017
Management here is so corrupted, just look at the turnover rate for the CEO and it will be clear. Rampant, RAMPANT favoritism. Very little career advancement. Entire company is reactive not proactive.
Pros
Flexibility until you cross your manager.
Cons
No advancement, no salary increase
Great job
Data Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2017
While at cardtronics i had a great time. My co-workers were competitive but always there to lend a hand. The job wasnt easy but i had a great leadership team to help the team out
Productive and Competitive workplace
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2017
I loved working at Cardtronics with my previous Manager. The work enviornment was a better balance of work duties and work/life balance. It was fun, busy, stressful and a great place to report to each day. I looked forward to working each day. Overall the company uppper management is not aware of the pitfalls of their deparments.
Pros
Great Team and group of thinkers
Cons
too much turn around in Accounting as a whole
Productive and good people to work with
Human Resources Asst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Working in the HR Department was stressful at times dealing with the new and existing employees on a daily basis. But working with the people there was good in that they made the environment less stressful.
Pros
The overall work environment
Cons
short lunch breaks
Fast pace and stressful, yet it's managable
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Each day of work has been very busy where sometimes 8 hours was not enough. I have learned to be detailed and complete tasks in the timely manner. The management is poor and needs improvements. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people that I have worked with past 10 1/2 years.
Pros
Cons
Micro Management
Lot of technologies to learn here
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work and lot of new technologies to learn here. By far one of the good company I have ever worked. Contactor treated differently as compare to full timer.
Pros
Lot of room to grow.
Cons
Too much stress
Many resource constraints. Operations personnel doing project work complicates schedules.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
Competing priorities take away from timeliness of the project delivery. Overseas resources doing development require careful instruction. My teammates were incredibly helpful and took time to insure I understood specialized protocols and policy.
Upbeat staff
Supervisor / Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 4, 2017
It is a fun place to work because of the employees. The company over all is too top heavy management wise and has been downsizing, which is good, however the current employees about the stability in the unforeseeable future.
Unfair Management
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
Company need to improve management skills, wasn't treated fairly for all the job duties I was given. When I started in 2012, I was happy with how the company was ran. After a change in department head the company started having a ratio turnover. Employee's started being laid off for know reason & without warning are any write ups. Without compassion a company will be doom to repeat good judgement in bringing in good candidate to preform their job duties.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks