CardWorks Servicing Employee Reviews

If you have a life then dont work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 23, 2019
They advise that they know life happens and can work with you. I was advised that my mother only had a few days left to live. I advised the human resources department and management. While in the human resources department they advised they were sorry for what I was having to deal with. Yet I could only have 1 day off once my mother died. In the meantime they need a person in the seat taking calls. I looked at them in shocked disbelief. I'm advising you my mother only has 3 days left to live and that's your reply. I immediately quit that very moment. They proceeded to try and convince me I should stay or should take a few minutes to think about my decision. I felt wronged, hurt and like a knife had been twisted in my gut. You pretty much insist that if she passes sooner I can try and get the overtime that was coming up. Really? I felt like they wanted her to hurry up and die so they can meet their quota. I left and never looked back. They are the epitome of the definition of wolves in sheeps clothing. Soulless individuals who think more of their pocket than the individual.
Pros
Still trying to find one
Cons
Human Resources, management
Stressful
Customer Service Associate C/S (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2019
Very cut throat competitive environment. Calls were stressful to say the least. Some good point like gift cards for doing a good job on the phones. Revolving door for employees though.
Great Place to work
Sr. Director Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 5, 2019
Company culture is excellent. Management is open minded. Employees are recognized for their work. They are an equal opportunity company with great benefits
Good Pay, too much favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 17, 2019
The pay is good and they offer plenty of OT and the benefits are awesome. The call volume is very busy so it is good if you like a fast paced work environment but the management is extremely lacking and they play too much favoritism. If you did not work at Chase with the manager then you are scarcely going to advance in this company and they frown on moving through different departments from customer service.
Pros
Pay, Bonuses, Ot, good benefits
Cons
short breaks, poor management, favoritism, lack of advancement
Easy going but low pay
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYFebruary 24, 2019
It's not a bad place to work, sometimes gets too busy and back to back calls but sometimes slow. Low pay but offer a lot of overtime but never see it with all of the taxes taken out.
Collections
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 20, 2019
Not well designed collection procedures. Inconsistency.... Lots of gossip environment...starting with management...al the way down to employees. Company does not have a goal in mind where they are heading.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Quite a few
I loved it!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2019
This was an ideal experience the people were great!! They have foxed schedule but you choose your schedule...so its not so bad!!!..they show appreciation to the employees with lil games and parties for appreciation...i would love to work here again!!
okay job
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 31, 2019
It's definitely and Okay job however, its more for a younger genre because everyone wants to act important while remaining immature. Lots of overtime was offered, so you can definitely make some money
Mixed Company
Loss Mitigation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 29, 2019
Terrible cases of politics within this company with less than average job security - I’ve literally seen people just randomly fired with no notice. The pay is pretty decent but the job (Collections) is pretty stressful and demanding for just 2 10 min breaks and an unpaid 30 min lunch which requires you to work 8.5 hour shifts, including at least 2 weekend days. You literally learn everything as you go or as you’re corrected after a 2 week training. They have no compassion for work/life balance (random scheduling hours) and don’t accept sick/doctor excuses either. Management is mixed. The coaches are usually nice but there are a good 2-3 managers who treat employees like they are expendable and speak to you without an ounce of respect. It’s a decent job but small things make work dreadful.
Pros
Pay, benefits offered, easy job
Cons
Short breaks, management attitudes, expensive benefits, work/life balance, job security
learning experience
Chargeback Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJanuary 28, 2019
I received the most knowledge possible to complete my everyday task and my supervisor always had an open door policy. I enjoyed be able to sit and discuss the chargeback disputes and outcomes
Fine, but breaks are too short
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 14, 2019
So you come to work and calls are back to back all day. But you are only relegated to 2 10 minute breaks, 12 minutes of "personal time" and one 30 minute lunch. You can request an extended lunch but only if you work 30 minutes later. So the EIGHT HOURS worked over the course of the day aren't enough to warrant a longer lunch? Nah.
Pros
Cool workspace
Cons
Management is really stingy with break time
Great Place, Great People, Micromanaged
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 20, 2018
Card works is a ethical company. I haven't experienced favoritism or discrimination for any reason at this job.
Management is pretty friendly.
It is a normal call center environment, non-stop inbound calls with very little time off the phone. The downfall is that the job is a bit Micromanaged when it comes to monitoring your time off the phone. Most new hires are required to work the evening shift (afternoon to late night) and this includes weekends (more than likely you won't have an option to change it). You get 3 breaks you are scheduled to take (One 30 min lunch / one 10 min day break/ one 10 min evening break) excluding an additional 12-15mins that's not scheduled. You must take your scheduled breaks and going over 2min-5mins can put your job at risk. Obeying your scheduled breaks to perfection can become more of a focus then the quality of your calls and your capability to show up on time everyday and do your job correctly. It's a huge building on the 4th floor, horrible bathrooms, moldy fridgerators, so it's almost pointless going anywhere inside on your scheduled break. The maintenance and building structure is obviously not Cardworks fault but it's a thing.
There are great people at this place that are abiding to coroparate rules so if you lose your job because of an extended break it's not personal but it's Corporate and AGAIN it's Micromanaged. I'd definitely recommend you have long term experience in a Call Center or just in a position where you've worked within multiple set time frames because this might be a temp position if your not able to adjust.
Pros
Great Ethics, Friendly Management, Room for Advancement
Cons
Micromanaged
ok
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 4, 2018
its a good job with great people and pay i just wish i could get better hours so i can have my weekends thats all i dont like about the job other than that great place
Great place to work. Great training. Very friendly
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 21, 2018
Great location, everyone is friendly and willing to train you, and some of the employees have been there so long they can show you how to do everything. Great place and great bosses. Glad I’m still here.
Pros
Lunch whenever you would like
Cons
Have to punch in and out for shifts and lunch
This is a decent place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 14, 2018
Typical call center feel. Back to back calls. Great leadership team. my manager was super cool and approachable. When i 1st start it was appreciation week, they gave us shirts, travel bags, luggage id cards and free food. For my dept the hours were staggered. i worked 1230-9 which wasnt that bad. There was NO OT which sucked and you arent allolwed to make up hours for dr appointments or if you come in late.... the only real negative is the parking! $12+ dollars a day to park added up real quick.OHH and in past collection jobs ive had, everyone got a incentive if you hit your monthly goal. here you can bust your behind but they only pay out the top 30% ( i think it was 30) which equals 10-13 reps a month out of 50+ of us who worked in that dept..
Pros
i guess there are oppurtunities to grow
Cons
paid parking, no overtime, back to back calls, manager hover over your shoulders
It was a stressful job sometimes but other than that easy and repetitive
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYNovember 10, 2018
I’d say if you want to work here to get used to just doing repetitive work and if you like new things to happen, this isn’t the job. Staff was very polite, they do care about people that work there too.
Cold place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakemary flOctober 6, 2018
Worked there for a while found out if you or your family member gets sick find another job asap management there pretends to care about your situation but they really dont..if you have a soul and a warm beating heart it's best you stay away from this place
Pros
Snack machine
Cons
Short breaks, fake managment, and cold hearts
Run away as quick as you can
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  LAKE MARY, FlSeptember 29, 2018
This is the worst place the management staff is inept unqualified unknowledgeable and have a blatant disrespect for their subordinates and unethical. Sweat shop mentality
Pros
The pay and benefits
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Working at as a customer service rep at card works is pretty average call center work. The call volume is extremely high, Its like you have to be apart of the cool club. AThe employees and management are okay not bothersome if you come in and do your job.
Horrible management
Loss mitigation specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2018
No salary increase when switching departments; micro managers; strict unfriendly work environment; it’s all about upper management the front line is not appreciated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CardWorks Servicing. Our community is ready to answer.