Care Advantage Employee Reviews

A Culture of Care and Collaboration
Director of Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 13, 2019
The client, employee and community focused culture the Executive Team continues to develop and rollout across the company has been a difference maker.

It is evident each day from the changes that have been made that teams from across the company are engaged and committed to going above and beyond for our clients.

Being part of such a highly driven, collaborative and engaged team is highly motivating and so rewarding on a personal level.
Pros
Great leadership, amazing people, collaborative, care driven culture
Cons
On occasion deadlines can be tight, so flexibility is key
We have some great people working here
Home Health Director, RN (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 6, 2019
Healthcare organizations like CARE ADVANTAGE require fresh solutions to the problems facing patients. We must be able to pick the right people on your team to help lead the organization into the future. Focusing on customer problems with passion is a winning management plan in any business. With all the changes in healthcare the successful leader must be able to motivate and inspire others to achieve common goals.

Care Advantage is an Independent Thinker.
Care advantage does focus on our clients/ families/staff.
Care Advantage is ready for change.
Care Advantage will pay attention to staffing satisfaction, and customer retention.
Care Advantage is a winner.
Pros
People, Clients, Don
Cons
Not enough days off
Great organization that empowers its employees, and provides opportunity for growth!
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 27, 2018
This is a wonderful organization. The culture is one of family, where the environment is collaborative. Employees are empowered, and provided ample opportunity for professional and personal growth. This is the very definition of hard work, worth doing. With 30 years of service to the communities we serve, Care Advantage also maintains a place as a solid corporate citizen.
Pros
Recognition, Career Development Opportunity, Family Atmosphere, Gives Back to the Community
Cons
The ever changing world of healthcare can be challenging at times.
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 14, 2019
I've been here over a year, and I really don't have any complaints. Pay is ok. Management and culture are great if you like a fast paced competitive environment. On the job training has been plentiful and very valuable.
Unorganized
Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 5, 2018
Very unorganized company with high turn over in management. Unprofessional at times with it's employees, internal and external employees. Family owned business which can cause issues within the company.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Easy going, Genuine, Kind Hearted
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 5, 2019
Great job! Wonderful people to work under, they have a class you can take through them for no money out of pocket. The class is only 1 week long and you take a 33 question test at the end of the week for your certification, the job is guaranteed right after you finish and you make your own schedule so you can work on the days your available to and however long you want. It is a traveling job but they are very understanding that everyone doesn’t have reliable transportation so they will do they’re best to assign places nearest to you. And they will also Uber if you have no other way
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
Pay
working with clients was great
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 15, 2019
working with clients was great .I learn alot .management were great people. Just need better pay. Dealt with different personality age groups..I have over 20 years of working with the public.
Pros
good employee
Cons
low pay
Good working enviornment
CPA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2018
Little or no chance for advancement. Company was family owned and thus not much chance for advancement unless one was related. typical was care for clients in their homes. Enjoyed this very much as I liked caring for people.
Most enjoyable was seeing the glow in clients when you cared for their needs
Fun and rewarding place to work!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 27, 2018
I have been with Care Advantage for a while now and can say it is the best company I have ever worked with. Management is amazing and very supportive!
Pros
pay, benefits, management, helping people
Cons
Nice office people, very low pay for the work and no benefits.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAMay 5, 2018
Great office people but low pay and inconsistent assignments
Not enough information about client before assignment. Very tiring job but is typical for a PCA position. At times difficult to reach for verbal assistance information through on call phone or office phone.
The best part of the job was meeting some very nice clients and when working in some excellent private nursing homes, very enjoyable. Did not like appearing for an assignment and finding another PCA already on that assignment. That meant a loss of my valuable time and no pay.
Well there is not much else to say so if you need more information, I cannot oblige.
Pros
Nice Office Staff
Cons
No benefits and low pay
Excellent opportunities to pursuit a career!
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 14, 2019
Excellent opportunity to join a company that is making a difference for the community and the workforce! The company strives for excellence in all that they do.
Happy to come to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Chesterfield, VAJanuary 11, 2019
I love coming to work every day. The leadership is helpful and supportive. I feel appreciated for the work and hours I put in. I feel that the work is challenging for my skill set - which is positive. I feel empowered to create solutions to problems.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
can't think of any
Caring, family like setting
Administrator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 12, 2019
Working for Care Advantage really does bring a sense of family. We are all working together to help those people who need care and will do everything we can to ensure that we are able to provide it. The hardest part of the job is not having the capacity to staff all our clients or being unable to fill last minute requests.
A place where you grew to care for clients.
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 26, 2018
Care Advantage was a loving place my supervisor was more caring and compatient. She worked with me on Cases I was looking for and needed to at least make the hours.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Breaks was done when the clients where napping or eating there lunch.
Good place to work, just a dead end job
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  ChesapeakeMarch 8, 2018
The company is really good to work for. Management is really nice and willing to work with you. The job is mainly a stepping stone job or something that should be done part-time. No room for advancement though. Pay could be better.
Pros
Management is really cool. Treat you like family
Cons
No room for advancement
I work with a great group of people.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 15, 2019
I work with a great group of people. That's what makes the job so enjoyable.Feels like family. Everyone tries their best to help when there.Enjoy my job helping people with their problems when they call the office.
care advantage
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 28, 2019
you end up driving to the residence home, only making 7.25 an hour. you dont get paid for gas or a work vehicle. they dont care if you live close to the home or not, i had to travel over an hour one time to a residence house, after that i quit
Awesome company to work for!!
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 14, 2019
I have worked at Care Advantage / Nurse Advantage for 15 years and I love it...makes coming to work easy when you love what you do!! Awesome company!!
The Fredericksburg office is the best one
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 5, 2019
Love the Fredericksburg office very open to help you when you need the help or they will give you bounce when you bring other employees an they will help with school
Cons
No health care
A job
Counsel or aid family members (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJuly 9, 2018
The pay was to low and job expectations are to high.
My clients were beautiful the job was not.
Management at the time was unhelpful.
The hardest part of the job was leaving my clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Advantage. Our community is ready to answer.