Care at Home Employee Reviews

Not guaranteed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 6, 2018
the hours are not guaranteed, and the management is shady, their owner does not care for the employees as an owner should and they do not really push their business to gain more customers to keep employees.
I loved every client but had very bad management poor business skills.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petal, MSMarch 21, 2018
love my clients but had very poor management. Very unorganized and no job security. No time off with family a lot of double shifts. And we never got paid on time.
Good starting CNA job
CNA (Former Employee) –  New London County, CTMarch 9, 2018
Good place to work coming out of the gate as a CNA. Not a place I would work at with many years experience. Management okay to work with, however,not always on one Accord which is always stressful
Very rewarding work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 20, 2018
I started with them as a CNA in the early 1980's as they were starting themselves. It was a great place to work as I filled many roles including; home health care, scheduling and on call duty.
depends on who you know
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Payette, IDJanuary 19, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my job because of all the Wonderful cclients I had the pleasure of working with and meeting as well as helping, I also loved the difference i was able to make in helping individuals lead a somewhat independent lifestyle!!
Pros
making a difference
Cons
manager tends to favor people related and aquainted directly
Flexible and good place to work
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 14, 2018
I haven’t been with this company for a long time but it’s been nice working with them , the only thing is that they don’t have enough hours and the pay could be better right now being a dishwasher or a laundry attendant pays better then home care .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough hours and low pay
Good Homecare Agency
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Mattapoisett, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Great company to work for, I enjoyed caring for people who really needed my companionship and help. I left to pursue a different type of career industry otherwise i would have stayed.
Nice place
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PADecember 18, 2017
Care at home is a nice place to work
If you dont mind paying your own taxs with no paid sick days or if you dont have a home to go to you dont get paid . No gas or millage paid for .
Pros
Paid weekly, office people are helpful
Cons
No taxs out, no paid time off, no drive time paid
Productive and fun workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Petal, MSJune 19, 2017
I love my clients and what I do. There is no better place to work if you want to be a caregiver. My co-workers are great. My boss is the best. She is very flexible and easy to get along with.
Cons
Insurance, Benefits
Great place to work, management will try to work with you on scheduling.
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PAJune 8, 2017
I love working with the patients. The part that is hard is when you Loose a client due to them passing, or going into a facility. That is when you eaither get lucky and there are more clients that no one else already has, or they don't have anyone. You are considered an independent contractor. So you get what is abailable. If there is no one available, then your out of work until you get another client. The staff is great to work for. It's just the " unknowing " as to weather you will have work all the time.
Pros
Staff is great
Cons
Not knowing if they can fill your schedule with enough clients
What I learned
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fruitland, IDJune 4, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people, fun place to work. Recently aquirred by a new company some of the changes were not positive. New management making too many changes quickly and not being open about them to all employess.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
No direction
Great people to work with
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, IDMarch 23, 2017
The Company was overall energetic and fun. The finance department had several hiccups. The patients were great and well matched. Would work there again if in the area.
Pros
Clients, Management, co workers
Cons
not sure if I would get paid on time
I loved this job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, IDFebruary 11, 2017
i loved the fact that you can work your schedule around your life. THe office ladies were always very helpful and my clients were great. i like that you did get paid mileage an drive time
Pros
functional schedule
Cons
not having accurate directions to a new clients house
Very flexible, with management very helpful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PANovember 6, 2016
I would work independently , with the choice to work as much or as little as wanted. I had the opportunity to meet some great people, and learn many great things.
Pros
friendly co workers, and welcomly in the office
Cons
N/a
productive work place
Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work consists of errand running for office personnel, payroll, scheduling, client house calls, filing. I also started off with hands on patient care (patient care tech)

I learned how to work a computer and the many programs that come with it. how to coordinate employee schedules with 32 clients needs.

I was a supervisor over 46 employees. My coworkers were al CNAs, who gained trust in me because I was there anytime a client/patient needed me. The most enjoyable part of my job was connecting with each and every patient, and growing with them and learning something new from them everyday while making life long friends
Very fun and work around a flexable schedual
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fruitland, IDNovember 2, 2015
When I started this job, I felt that the staff were and still are friendly and can come to them whenever I have questions about my patients. The real trouble comes from patients when something doesn't go their way, but we figure it out and correct those mistakes and make sure they are satisfied. I love driving most of all.
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice managers
Cons
certain patients, long periods with patients sometimes
Flat screen T,V. and Fireplaces
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 9, 2015
Typical day at work preparing meals for the clients and providing oversight watch,I learned that every day brings new challenges,while my management was always ready to supply support day or night. Co-workers was always welling to come in early or stay late if needed the hardest part of the job would have been when the client were moved around from one home to another,but the most joyable part of the job was see the smiles and hearing the thank you when you help them to achieve a goal
Pros
field trips
Cons
Calling out sick
Flexible Schedule
Caregiver/LPN (Former Employee) –  Arnold, PAMarch 10, 2015
Nice company to work for. Flexible schedule. Wages were acceptable. For the most part, the clients were friendly and easy to get along with.
Hardworking caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAApril 14, 2014
Served as a hardworking caregiver for sick father with Alzheimer's disease. Required a tremendous amount of patience, compassion, and commitment.
Had to manage time, activities, and safety requirements. Hard job because I had very little interaction with my peers at this time.
Pros
Taking care of a loved one who took care of me
Cons
Seeing parent deteriorate before my eyes
Great co-workers
Case Manager / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2013
Managing Patients schedule and needs, supervising HHA daily attendance and performance.

I learned patience, understand with open mind, and communicate with kindness.

Intense telephone contact.
Pros
Team work, great co-workers
Cons
No room to grow