Care Courses

Care Courses Employee Reviews

What is the culture at Care Courses like?
Care Courses offers a fairly unique opportunity to work for a for-profit company that, in some regards, functions like a non-profit. There are many decisions made by the leadership team aimed at caring for the children taught by caregivers we train. These decisions sometimes do not make money, but they show a dedication to trying to help our students learn and best care for the children in the student's facility or home. It is a rewarding experience to know that my efforts along with those of the team make a difference to children and caregivers around the country.

We get a huge number of positive comments from our students. I was responsible for student emails for some time and would read the positive responses come in daily. This made even the busiest weeks worth it.

We have seen significant growth in our team over the last year. The team, which is often the first thing people say they like about working here, is supportive, collaborative, and sincere. They take on whatever needs to be done and are ready to take on challenges. It has been a delight to watch my team improve their skills over time and encourage one another to excel. The CEO took a poll some time ago after a new applicant asked a question about our company culture. The question and summarized answers from the team are below:

"What is the culture at Care Courses like?"

The team responded with: "collaborative, warm, for the greater good, kindness, family-oriented, teamwork, caring, proactive, enthusiastic, professional but casual, supportive, easy going, and tight knit."

It was a fun exercise
 - more...
Great Job and Good Company
Care Courses hired me after three interviews (one phone and two in person). I was not expecting to go through so much to get a customer service position, but they liked me and it worked out.

I really enjoyed the training. My manager made sure I spent time getting to know everyone on the team during my first week. Ive gone through so many jobs since college where I knew almost nobody. This was the first time my manager made sure I got to know everyone on a professional and personal level. It was pretty cool.

I spent a little over two years at Care Courses. I took phone calls during the day, did data entry, and helped people figure out how to use their training. My manager was pretty relaxed and supported the team when we had a lot on our plates. I interacted with the president from time to time and she was always kind to me. She was extremely generous to me and the team and gave us multiple bonuses while I was there.

The work life balance was amazing. I was never expected to do overtime and the schedule was consistent The pay was great for the work. The team was super nice to one another. I recommend this place to anyone looking to get out of retail and into an office job (like I did!).
A+ Customer Service
It's a perfect environment to build your customer service skills in. I met a lot of talented and professional people while at Care Courses. Now, I feel I have a deeper insight into the child care professional development industry and regulatory world.

I prided myself on how many people my team helped each day, week and year, and how quickly. Few customer service roles receive as much training as they do here, and it was nice watching the student advisers help people over the phone. Leadership put a lot of effort into the training process and valued excellence.

The president expects a lot, but she tells it how it is. The team worked really well together and saw improvement while I was there.
Former employee
If you are considering this company, think twice. The entire management team left due to harsh treatment from the company President. She fixates and alienates any staff member that has an original idea. She will grind them down verbally until they quit. The mission of the organization is great, but the president creates an extremely toxic environment.
Good Customer Service Job
I highly recommend this company. It is hard to find reasonable customer service jobs but this is one. I left retail for this position and was pretty happy with the switch.

Day to day- answered student phone calls, took orders over

the phone, did some social media posting, reviewed student work, did data entry, ran reports

I made some good friends. I learned to do many tasks at once. I liked working for a woman-owned business. I liked having a strong team. The students were sweet over the phone. I liked my boss and the CEO.

The customer service team doesnt have much opportunity for overtime work. Sometimes technical issues made a few of my tasks a bit hard. There was a lot to learn but mostly in the beginning. I wish there had been more company events.
Pros
Near Tysons, friendly team, enjoyable work, good boss
Cons
Traffic, limited overtime opportunities, few company outings
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Consistent Day to Day; Good Pay
Good customer service position. I helped daycare providers with their training needs over the phone. I had a good relationship with team. I eventually moved, but I enjoyed my two years there.

Lots of data processing. Lots of calls. High service level expected. Customers are usually very grateful for help. I learned a lot about child care requirements.

Hardest part of the job was being able to multitask. I had trouble answering calls and doing data entry and taking notes at the same time. I got better over time. Team really helped out. Boss had pretty consistent expectations.

Best part of the job is the team and the pay.
Pros
Pretty consistent day, decent training process, never asked to work overtime, good team, good pay, decent boss
Cons
Steep learning curve at first, A lot of specifics you pick up over time.
Excellent Customer Service Position
My customer service responsibilities at Care Courses included taking customer calls, answering questions on state and national childcare licensing requirements and assisting students with their coursework over the phone. I was also responsible for grading student answer sheets, performing data entry, writing blog posts and working with the customer service team to improve processes.

I learned a plethora of new skills in my position. These included an understanding of state childcare licensing requirements, improved writing skills, how to work effectively with a small but driven team, and how to handle escalated customer calls. Moreover, I learned a lot about childcare after reading many of the education materials the company offered: for instance, never shake a baby!

The best part of the job was the positive feedback I received from students (or customers) over the phone. As a customer service rep, I would get daily reminders of how much students enjoyed and valued the distance learning materials and course content. Conversely, the hardest part of the job was having to talk to and fail students who broke the honor code policies. Nonetheless, it was a great customer service position.
Pros
Supportive team, positive working environment, strong purpose, good pay
Cons
Bad traffic during rush hour
Tysons Corner Office that works to be the best distance learning ECE company
A typical day at Care Courses flies by. We're constantly in motion at the office and the various tasks we do tend to make the day end rather quickly.

I've learned extensive knowledge on how a small business runs as well as knowledge about the field of professional development in the early childhood education.

This company truly strives to be the best in what it does without gimmick or tricks. We exceed expectations and provide a service that is not only valuable to our clients but valuable to society.

Working here you can feel good that your work improves our society by educating the people who educate our youngest children.

At times the work can be daunting but we forge ahead as a company.

I've seen this company grow through many stages and I can attest that it has continually improved. While some companies are happy to continue business as usual, Care Courses is always going through self critiques and is always working be better.

Sincerely

Longtime Care Courses Employee
Pros
Healthcare benefits, location, young fun employees.
Cons
Steep Learning Curve
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Care Courses?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Courses. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6