Care Design New York Employee Reviews

Low cooperation
Billing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2019
low cooperation from co-workers and supervisors. not enough training nor time to learn the company culture and duties of the position. Managers expecting you to be an expert from day one on matters you haven't even been trained on or that the supervisors don't even know themselves so they expecting you to do it for them.
Pros
Paid
Cons
poor management and supervising skills
A nurturing, friendly and forward thinking place to work
Director of Compliance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2018
Management has been very supportive in helping me navigate my job responsibilities and ensuring that I have all the supports I need to do my job effectively. I learn something new everyday which helps to make my job more enjoyable and interesting.
Proud to be part of this amazing company!
Incident/Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopewell Junction, NYDecember 21, 2018
As someone who spent 11 years with a different not-for-profit, in a different state, under a variety of different managers (all with different styles), I can say with 100% certainty that making the leap to Care Design was the best decision that I have made professionally. Care Design takes pride in their workforce through the competitive compensation package that was offered to me, and I continue to feel that every day through collaborative environment and supportive financial resources available to us.

My team is fantastic, we get along wonderfully and each bring something different to the table.

The commute is perfect for me personally, and the reimbursement for travel is fabulous and appreciated.

The software used to manage people (HRIS, and remote learning) is great and easy to use.

I was given everything that I needed to be successful in my role.

One of the most important factors that keeps me a part of the CDNY team is that the role and culture is relaxed and much less stress that my previous position. Which means that work/life balance is there and I don't foresee that changing. Many of the employees all jointly left previous positions because of poor work/life balance and poor management. It's a priority for us all and therefore it's first on the mind when any work is shared or forecasted.

Honestly, becoming part of the CDNY team has been one of the best decisions for me personally and professionally and I'm so thankful that I was chosen.

If you are considering applying, you should take my advice and do it. Be selfish and have the conversation.
  more... This is a company you should WANT to work for, and should compete your hardest to interview. Don't wait. Just do it.  less
Pros
Flexibility, salary, benefits, retirement, holidays (PTO), positive work culture, new start up, awesome people
Cons
Great place to grow in an ever changing field
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYDecember 19, 2018
The pace is fast, the work is never ending, but the outcomes of your work change lives every single day. We have a great management team, strong and competent leadership, and a tireless workforce. Days can be long and changes come every day, but our CM staff are very strong and lead with heart. The efforts and coordination of our staff help make supports work.
Great benefits, great place to work
Care management (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 18, 2018
I really enjoy working for Care Design. The management staff are very supportive. The organization has been taking great steps to listen and respond to the concerns of employees. There is lots of opportunity for advancement here, a really great pace to work. Great paid time off benefits.
Pros
Paid time off, professional staff, friendly management
Cons
New organization, still needs to work on building a teamwork environment
Huge disconnect between upper management and employees
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYDecember 12, 2018
I wanted to love this company. I loved my immediate supervisor and the regional supervisors were just as helpful and amazing. I slowly watched as co workers got fired for supporting families without the upper management’s permission even though hands on supervisors fought for them. I witnessed co workers being shafted out of their appropriate salary because of upper management. I watched webinars every week where they methodically stripped away the job flexibility that they promised us when we first signed on. I left when everyone in my office felt defeated, alone, unheard, and bitter. I couldn’t allow myself to hate my job that much. I switched to a different CCO. They offer tons of flexibility and my new supervisor is just as helpful and great. They do a better job of giving us the feeling of collaboration that no amount of weekly webinars and “shoutouts” ever could. I love being a care manager again and my families love the flexible working schedule that I need in this field. Care Design has a major disconnect between the employees, families and the top management. I don’t think that upper management even knows what care managers do. They just like making rules and then changing them to make our jobs more difficult.
Pros
Excellent benefits, Pto
Cons
Inflexible, change rules frequently as upper management sees fit
Amazing place. Mission driven.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudson ValleyDecember 12, 2018
I have been working for Care Design for 3 months and it is by far the best job I ever had. We receive training and support and are working on the cutting edge of providing supports to people with developmental disabilities. We are empowered to support people and create amazing outcomes in the lives of the people we support. The communication from upper management is like nothing I have experienced before. The CEO even came to our office and listened to our concerns. There are days that are stressful because we are a new company with some growing pains and there is a lot of accountability to Government. I feel supported by administration and we even got bonuses!
Pros
Supportive, Excellent communication at all levels.
Cons
Technology issues.
Do not work for Care Design New York
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2018
CDNY is the worst company to work for. They do not train their employees at all. The management is terrible; they do not know answers to any questions we ask. All they care about is money. They only care about billing. They don't care about their employees well being nor the individuals we work for. The salary is terrible. In addition, it is super stressful. I do not recommend CDNY to anyone.
Pros
N/a
Care Manager - Advocate for individuals with intellectual disabilities
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 10, 2018
Care Design NY is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They overwork you and there is no support . The management team don’t even know the job themselves, the care managers are more knowledgeable then the supervisors. CDNY only think that getting billing is the only thing that matters. CDNY is not only a horrible company to work for it’s also a horrible company to trust your love ones with they have no idea how to service the people with intellectual disabilities please if you are looking for a job or services please don’t pick CDNY.
Great Job.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 5, 2018
I like what I do, which is link people with the services they need. It's a lot of leg work and a lot of phone calls but really rewarding. There's a fair bit of unorganization but given that the agency has only operated for 5 months it's expected. There is a good amount of IT issues both internal and with state agencies so a little patience is required. There is plenty of experienced supervisors and management to assist as needed. There is a great supervisor to employee ratio and it's a large organization so plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
Flex Schedule, Lots of time off.
Cons
Frequent IT issues, Don't get paid for lunch = 8.5 hour day.
If I could give zero stars, I would.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson ValleyOctober 7, 2018
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They overwork you, and underpay you. They think that getting billing is the only thing that matters, and could care less about the people they support. They treat the employees absolutely terrible and could care less about you. Most people in management positions have no idea what they are doing, and are never there when you need anything. The pay is literally terrible for what they put you through.
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
management, pay, overworked, inconsiderate
Stay far away
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson ValleySeptember 26, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for, and I have worked for plenty over the course of my career. They do not care at all about the people they support, only about billing and useless webinars. You are overworked, and underpaid with them. They treat you terribly and beat you up emotionally.

Anyone looking for a career in this or have a family member with development disabilities, go with Lifeplan or care alliance. Things have been much better since I made the switch.
Cons
The higher ups don't know how to do their jobs. No one cares about the employees or people support
Nice place to work and professional grwoth
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Enjoy the flexibility and the management team here at current location. From inception of the position, the information shared with Care Managers have been in a timely fashion and appropriate for job related responsibilities.
Pros
Flexibility, overtime opportunities and effective online trainings through litmos.
Cons
too many cases and too many webinars.
Positive, Collaborative Work Environment
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  NYCSeptember 20, 2018
Management is highly experienced, knowledgeable, and accessible. The overall work environment is positive. Happy with my decision to take on this new challenge.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Great team all around!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Gansevoort, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Care Design is proving to be a leader in the movement to Care Coordination Organizations serving individuals with disabilities! With a robust training program, and direct support from supervisors and executive management, I feel a strong investment in the company and its mission. I love that no 2 days are exactly the same; with the needs of individuals and families changing continuously, the supports that we provide are just as varied. The most satisfying part of being a Care Manager is listening and watching as individuals and families "find their voice" in accessing services that are best-suited to their lives. It is exciting to be on the forefront of conflict free case management, and I look forward to continuing to grow personally and professionally with Care Design New York.
Pros
professional & positive environment, family friendly flexibility, benefits, ongoing learning & professional growth opportunities
Cons
as with any human services profession...work may be stressful at times
Productive place of work that gives meaning.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Past jobs I have worked at haven't given me the same feeling of accomplishment that Care Design gives me. It offers the ability to make an impact on someone's life that can truly make for a better overall life experience. This is a job in the human services field that truly leaves me with a good feeling at the end of the day.
Pros
Great team that will help you accomplish goals
Cons
Stressful at times
Excellent Company!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Southwoods Blvd, AlbanySeptember 12, 2018
Care Design NY is a brand new company that strives for Person Centered Services and an individualized touch to Care Management. The company is creating a positive, healthy work environment that supports its staff to excel in helping others. The management educates their staff regularly and keeps them informed of any changes occurring in the OPWDD regulations. If you enjoy creating lasting relationships, impacting people's lives, and working with a team, this job is for you!
Pros
Excellent Teamwork, positive work environment, and Caring employees
Cons
Benefits are costly
Great Employer
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Care Design NY allows a flexible schedule, which allows you to meet the needs of the individuals you serve and your own family. They provide a generous benefits package with great time off. I do not regret starting employment with this agency. There is tremendous room for growth.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Exciting to the work together that serve more families
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Great, smart, fun new company to work at. The management and upper level is trying the best to respond with my needs, and I do feel the caring from each one of them who I talked to. The concept is the main point to care about families as well as the employee. This company likes to choose/train the best employee to deliver best services to people with special needs. I gave 1 star less because I'm bilingual and would like to get more earning with my ability and experience. however, the company does shown respect and willing to working on it more. Overall, CDNY is great!
Pros
flexiable hour, friendly staff, fast respond
Cons
woud like to feel more of the "CDNY family" feeling more as a company
Caring Work Environment
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Care Design NY allows me to balance caring for my own family with helping to change the lives of people in my community. They work hard to provide all of the technology and tools we need to meet our job requirements efficiently so we can spend more time focusing on helping individuals build the lives they want.

The work days are flexible to meet the needs of the individuals we support. This has been a huge benefit to me because the flexibility has also allowed me to make sure I am there for my family whenever I am needed. I make my own appointments, so I can decide which days I want to work later or not.

The Management team at Care Design NY really cares about their employees. They take time to get to know people and truly care about them. We are able to take challenges we face to management and they help us to work to find solutions. This fosters a work environment that is collaborative and supportive. The Care Managers and Supervisors have a wealth of knowledge about all aspects of Care Management and community resources and are always will to share that information with other team members. I love having this team of people to share ideas with because it makes the service I provide so much better.

Care Design NY also offers trainings and plenty of paths for career advancement. They want to see their staff succeed and grow, and they make that clear to us in everything they do.
Pros
Supportive, Opportunities for Advancement, Flexibility, Great Benifits
Cons
Some driving required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Design New York. Our community is ready to answer.

Care Design New York Reviews by Location