Care New England Health System Employee Reviews

no comment
A/R Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 7, 2019
I would no comment I didn't leave on very good tearm the company isn't very good to work for. I wouldn't recommend the company to anyone. There is nothing to really say they hire you for one type of job and then your doing something else.
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 21, 2019
Like best, my colleagues and managers. Working in a field of mental illness and addiction draws compassionate and caring staff. The work culture is laid back and great work/life balance for employees.
Great Job with a Team That Cares
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 27, 2018
I loved working here. I felt valued and respected and loved coming into work every day even when there was so much to be done. My manager was understanding and appreciative of the work I did.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
My position was not able to progress
Personal Opinion
Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 1, 2018
A typical day at work in the morning receiving assigned tickets and projecting how long will tickets take to resolve to meet customer timely satisfaction.

Management was very poor at communication which in turn lead to
assigned work been delayed for lack of necessary information.

Our IT group had an awesome work relationship helping each other out as a team should do.

The hardest part of the job as mentioned before was the extreme lack of communication which lead all the way to the top of upper management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction obtained by happy customers satisfied with meeting their expectations.
Pros
Steady job as long as there is one available.
Cons
Not much importance given to lower level employees.
Long Term Employer
Senior Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 26, 2018
I've learned a lot from this company. The company offers a benefits packet for the employees. This company cares for its patients. The days are bust at this employer.
Intern Review
Internship (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 23, 2018
I would not recommend working at Care new England. The hospital system is currently going downhill and my experience as an intern was not helpful towards my career goals.
At Care New England I was a temp and did not work directly for Care New England
Butler Campus (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIApril 29, 2018
I worked 5 day s week 8 hrs per day entering / approving charges to be billed out to insurance companies.

I also helped my co workers in the edit and rejections department.
Editing claims before they were billed out.

The position was eventually eliminated and then I was transferred into the scanning medical records department. This is where is scanned in hundreds of payment posting records to the system.

This job ended as they hired someone for the job.
Pros
coworkers were very kind and helpful
Cons
my particular manager was hard to deal with, because she only thought of me as a temp and did not include me in any of the department meetings.
Don't believe the headlines
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 11, 2018
Care New England is a good place to work. The management is learning from past mistakes and previous leaders to turn the ship around. I personally feel I made a difference here and that matters to me.
Very stressful
PATIENT FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Warwick , RIApril 9, 2018
Management is not professional. They don’t care about employees. They don’t know how to talk to employees and they talk about employees to others. Wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone
Pros
Pto
Hostile Environment
Programmer Analyst - VNA (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 29, 2018
The IT leadership allowed several incidents during meetings where significant verbally abusive activities were present. There was no attempt to curtail the activity.
Care New England
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 13, 2018
I have only worked here for 6 months dont have much of a review.

Typical day at work is 7-3:30. I have learned alot in this current position but I'm not finding self-fulfillment from it.
Good exposure to Healthcare industry.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 2, 2018
I learned a new aspect of the Healthcare Industry by taking this position as well as learning many new applications as well as working with vendors when issues needed more expertise to come to a resolution.
Stressful
Medical Biller/AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 9, 2018
A lot of follow up on accounts and prolonged payment policies. You do learn a lot of computer programs and meet a lot of nice people. The hardest part of the job is meeting your goal.
Good Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 26, 2017
A lot of unknowns on the future. There are currently a lot of changes going on and what is going to happen has a lot of people worried about their future.
Organization going through drastic changes
Interim Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 1, 2017
Organization is in financial distress and has recently laid off hundreds of employees in an effort to cut costs.
In the area that I managed, the longer term employees that were underperforming were retained while the more competent newer employees were terminated. This was typical throughout the organization.
Stressful environment with uncertain future
Project Manager, Information Services (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 27, 2017
The organization is facing an uncertain and very challenging future. The part of the organization I am in has many talented people, but is very understaffed for the volume of work and demands upon it.
Demanding and rewarding
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 12, 2017
Demanding and rewarding, fast paced home health and hospice agency which employs dozens of committed health care professionals and support staff in a 24/7 environment.
Professional quality work environment
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 26, 2017
Great place to work, sr. management really cares about employees and patients.

location to other hospitals is ideal.

colleagues were professional and talented.
Ruthless Corporation
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 1, 2017
This is a corporation getting ready to sell out to an even larger, national corporation creating a very unstable working environment. Raises for non-union staff are stagnant, no room for advancement or training opportunities for advancing technology. Non-union staff are skeleton crews, overworked, and exhausted. The computers are old refurbished PC's still on Windows 97 (in many cases!). When CNE sells out, they will leave many unemployed. Don't accept unemployment unless you can be part of one of the unions!
Pros
Co-workers still have loyalty
Cons
Management lies and create environments of fear
Great place to work, every day is different.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 10, 2017
Care New England is extremely dedicated to patient care, they are earnest and dedicated in their commitment to their patients and this sends a positive message throughout the organization whether you work in a clinical setting or not. Everyone strives to put their best foot forward at all times.

There is such a diverse culture within the organization both patients and staff alike.
Pros
403B Match & Save Plan, Health Insurance, vacation time
Cons
Layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care New England Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Care New England Health System Reviews by Location