Care Now Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It’s a fast paced medical office
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 24, 2018
Training is not the best , no one is on the same accord higher management never resolved issues. They don’t care about your personal life working you crazy hours especially holiday season.
Its ok
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2018
Care Now has its ups and downs, depending on which location you work. Its a great job as far as helping people, but as far as making a decent living its not. It has great benefits and great culture but again it just depends on which location you work to determine your overall experience.
A culture of dominance and mistrust
chief complaint, and basic vital signs (Current Employee) –  coloradoJuly 18, 2018
Pay is substandard for cost of living. Benefits are good. Culture of unfair treatment, and deception. Training is terrible and followup support is worse than non-existent. Asking questions or even for help is discouraged and often met with disgust and shaming. Employees are treated as if they are mentally challenged children sometimes, while expected to be dedicated geniuses at other times. Grievances are ignored or retaliated against. Being a model employee means nothing. I love my teammates and interacting with patients.
Pros
good hours
Cons
unpaid breaks are required, but often impossible. Working lunch is common
job
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2018
great experience, wide variety of patients.
management is always changing. Pay is not all that great.
employees are usually great to work with, make the job easier
Enter at your own risk
X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2018
Care now in Las Vegas is one of the worst places I have ever worked. I have heard the opposite of other states they operate in. I just don't think that the Vegas Market got the memo that this was supposed to be a good place to work. Since the day they bought urgent care extra, they have consistently broken most of their promises. There are many times I feel that the upper management has no clue as to what they're doing. Even the providers have no respect or faith in upper managements ability to solve simple clinical/administrative issues. I mean, we have startup and shut down instructions for an x-ray machine that we don't use on the wall as our reference. We are required to enter the same information into multiple outlets for their convenience. We are consistently under staffed. We are rarely fully stocked on supplies. You are required to attend a monthly meeting at 6:30 am, and if you happen to work that day, your shift went from 13 hours to 15+ hours, but its ok, we get a 30 minute break.... maybe. Even if you worked the day before and. It is sad because the job and the patients are amazing. The company is a joke. I don't believe these urgent cares should reflect on HCA as a whole because I have heard amazing things about HCA.

If you want non competitive pay for a job in which you have the work load of 2+ people and are constantly reminded that you are replaceable, this is the job for you!

Oh and there are a couple of days where we have to clean the clinic... after a 13 hour + shift....
Pros
insurance, experience
Cons
everything else
CareNow Provider
Provider (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 29, 2018
As a provider at CareNow, I feel for the most part the culture is collaborative. I truly enjoy my position very much. CareNow is an excellent urgent care system that puts patients first. CareNow does this with appropriate structure, always improving communication, a strong focus on quality care from many different aspects (but all strive to improve patient outcomes), and a clear delineation of roles and responsibilities.
Pros
Good communication, management (clinical and medical), and quality focused care.
Cons
Positive feedback in various forms is lacking.
Best Job ever
Scheduling coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 29, 2018
This is the best job I have ha. Loved the family feel. It was hard staffing for 28 clinic however relationship building made it possible. This position I will miss,
Would caution you about working here
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 15, 2018
Can't keep staff, providers or managers. Do to staffing shortages, everyone gets called continually being asked to work. 12 hour shifts are great, but not when you have to work 5-7 days a week.
Benefits
Cons
Too many work hours in a week
Overall Great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 12, 2018
A typical day at Care Now is non stop from when you walk in the door till when you leave. It is three 12 hour shifts which I love but are not for everyone.
Pros
Great Benefits, unlimited OT
Cons
Long days
I enjoyed it before it switch over under new ownership
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FL 34957June 12, 2018
I loved when care now was physicians immediate care everyone was welcoming and very kind the management did everything in their power to make sure they’re employees were taken cared of but when it turned into care now it was a whole different ball game and just wanted to see us fail so they could get rid of us
Pros
Cons
30 min lunch on 12 hour shifts
Terrible Management
PRN (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 30, 2018
I travelled to other clinics more than going to my own clinic. I never received mileage for traveling to wheatland, plano, dallas locations. My home clinic was in garland. Doctors were very rude and management was terrible. Always had turn overs. Never a stable staff environment.
Patients Matter
Patient Representative, PRN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2018
The culture at work is awesome! The focus of all duties is for the patient.
Training is set up with a reference the new employee can take home and read and "digest". Online resources (even from home) are provided.

Everyone is there to help you. They want you to succeed.
Pros
Happy helpful environment. This company rocks!
Cons
I'll be glad when a full time position becomes available.
CareNow
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLMay 9, 2018
Rooming patients, finding out what they are in for. Trying to get the patients in and out in a reasonable time. Being able to make a patient smile, laugh
High Stress and High responsiblility
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 3, 2018
As a medical assistant you are required to do the job of 5 to 6 people. The work is very time consuming and you are required to stay on-site during you lunch time.
Great place to work at
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 13, 2018
Being a Medical Assistant II we work 7:30am til the last patient leaves which in sometimes depending on the day can be 10pm. I love my job and getting to know the different patients that come into the clinic. Hardest part about the job is that you sometimes have to work alone in the back if your other medical assistant does not show up or calls out sick and your manager can not find coverage. Other than that the place it great to work for.
n/a
Regional Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2018
good company expanding
needs more management support
they are working on fixing it
usual growing pains
confident in the company surviving and excelling
Unprofessional director
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 4, 2018
Director texted me to interview and basically offered the position over the phone without meeting me. After being hired he did not know when my start date was and was mixed up with training schedule. Over all a bad experience. Needless to say he is no longer with the company.
Pros
Awesome doctors.
Cons
Pay, hours
If you don’t like snakes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2018
This place is littered with snakes and backstabbers. Manager will not have your back and they only set you up for failure and don’t give you the tools to be successful. Training is crammed into a few days and then your on your own. Long hours and no time off. The staff always calls out and there is no teamwork. Unless your a snake wrangler stay way from CareNow Town Center.
Pros
Cons
No lunches, lack of teamwork.
Stressful
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 3, 2018
I did enjoy my coworkers and the variety of work options but it was a very stressful working environment. It was hard to feel appreciated and I was always pushed in a negative direction.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
stressful mamangment
no teamwork
Non Certified Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2018
Only 1 lab tech scheduled regardless of the clinic flow or season. Depending the staff working that day you would know if there would be any teamwork or gossipping the whole shift. On a busy day there is no time for lunch break due to only 1 lab tech working the floor running lab test , doing drug screens, and taking x-rays and drawing blood all depends how much is ordered or how many are there for drug screens, hair collection,or breath alcohol test .
Pros
fast-paced
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Now. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight