Play YouTube video button

Care Now Employee Reviews

Thanks!
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 5, 2018
Thank you for the opportunity at CareNow Urgent Care. CareNow has been a successful company who believe in their employees, the issues are in the subsidiary group Parallon.
Very Busy UC
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2018
Good pay but high stress urgent care position. Required to see anything that walks through the door without any help beyond what your assistants can provide. Frequently expected to see 5+ patients per hour for the entire 13+ hour shift. Can be a great place for the right person, but definitely not for everyone.
Terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXOctober 26, 2018
You have to know people/have friends to be treated ok. Management is BAD. The pay for my exp- a joke. $10 to be exact. I took the job for about a month until I found what I needed then ran for it. Find a job up North where they’ll pay your worth.
Pros
You get to leave
Cons
Underpaid and overworked
Great place to work at.
Freelancer/ Men's Fragrance (seasonal) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 17, 2018
A very professional company to work for.
Very friendly environment.
Lots of opportunities to grow.
The pay is pretty decent.
Flexible schedule as long as you can work it out with your team.
Lack of ethics
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2018
The workplace culture is horrible at CareNow. What was once the focus of urgent care and treating patients, is now focused on competing with Concentra. When new procedures are trying to be implemented, there isn't any training for management or the staff. Upper leadership will send out information in an email and expect everyone to be ready in days. The medical providers are not properly trained for DOT physicals and occupational medicine, the hourly staff works anywhere from 13 - 15 hours a day with minimal or no lunch breaks at all and managers are not supported in their work. Not recommended to anyone wanting to work for this company. It needs to either stay in urgent care or be bought out by a company that knows how to run this business effectively.
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
everything
Really cozy place to work
Medical Assistant / Front Office (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 14, 2018
I love working with patients, and I'm a back office help patients . The benefits are good , the job is a job. But we help each other to provide the best service
Pros
Health insurance and paid 75 % of you going to school
Cons
Low salary . Busy place .
This company only cares about money
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 12, 2018
I have been working here for almost two years and it is progressively getting worse. The turn over rate for staff is ridiculous and the schedules are not consistent. They will either cut your hours due to "efficiencies" and make you travel to other clinics for hours or beg you to work overtime because they are understaffed. They do not care about your well being at all. You can't take a lunch break but you also can't eat at the front desk area. Upper management is terrible as well. They want us to see 60-100 patients a day, but won't give us enough doctors! People are constantly upset about the wait times and I don't blame them. They do have really good benefits though.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers
Cons
No breaks, long hours, understaffed, over-worked, poor management
Worst
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2018
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They hire people within management that don’t know what they are doing. It’s always drama and people being messy and gossiping about another persons business. Just unprofessional. Schedules are never consistent. Management doesn’t care about your personal life. They have no sympathy. You are underpaid and talked to like a child. It’s ridiculous
Benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks, no consistency, poor management
Fast pace, repetitive, easy to do
Impairment rating (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Fast pace corporate office environment with competitive opportunities for advancement. Friendly staff and I loved working for the company. Would recommend working here
good work and home balance
Attending Physician, Internal medicine. (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 19, 2018
I am interested in good work life and home life, benefits and and job security. I enjoy working with some time spent on academic activities like management or research or teaching.

I spend time at home fine arts, music, gardening spending time time with family and friends.
Office Area
Coppell - EDI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day would include coming into to the office and working off a speadsheet, and somedays office meetings. I learned how to operate microsoft office amongst other things.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Sitting in cubicle all day
Swamp full of vipers.
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 12, 2018
If you want to sing company loyalty songs, be treated like Jr. High schoolchild and be quizzed on acronyms by every manager who is trying very hard to show that he is useful, this is the place for you.
If you want to work in a place where people gossip about each other behind each others back and snitch on each other - this place is for you.
If you want a schedule that will mess up your family life, because your days off will almost NEVER match the days off that your family has - this place is for you.
If you want every word that you say be reported to the manager and twisted in process - this place is for you.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Everything else: culture, co-workers, management, schedule
Learned a lot
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 9, 2018
I definitely learned a lot where all sorts of prom lens were faced. We were prepared for it all and the staff worked well together. Very professional environment.
Busy and underpaid
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCAugust 25, 2018
It's a busy office on some days like any other urgent care place but pay is not good. I've been in the medical field 7 yrs and here I make what I did 7 yrs ago when I started.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
pay not good
Constantly Busy
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXAugust 18, 2018
You're constantly busy, seeing on average 60-90 patients a day. Mainly spend your time interviewing the patient and getting vital signs and giving medications
Pros
Great Coworkers, Nice Beginning Job
Cons
Long Nights, Repetitive, Doesn't Allow Much Advancement
It’s a fast paced medical office
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 24, 2018
Training is not the best , no one is on the same accord higher management never resolved issues. They don’t care about your personal life working you crazy hours especially holiday season.
Its ok
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2018
Care Now has its ups and downs, depending on which location you work. Its a great job as far as helping people, but as far as making a decent living its not. It has great benefits and great culture but again it just depends on which location you work to determine your overall experience.
A culture of dominance and mistrust
chief complaint, and basic vital signs (Current Employee) –  coloradoJuly 18, 2018
Pay is substandard for cost of living. Benefits are good. Culture of unfair treatment, and deception. Training is terrible and followup support is worse than non-existent. Asking questions or even for help is discouraged and often met with disgust and shaming. Employees are treated as if they are mentally challenged children sometimes, while expected to be dedicated geniuses at other times. Grievances are ignored or retaliated against. Being a model employee means nothing. I love my teammates and interacting with patients.
Pros
good hours
Cons
unpaid breaks are required, but often impossible. Working lunch is common
job
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2018
great experience, wide variety of patients.
management is always changing. Pay is not all that great.
employees are usually great to work with, make the job easier
Enter at your own risk
X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2018
Care now in Las Vegas is one of the worst places I have ever worked. I have heard the opposite of other states they operate in. I just don't think that the Vegas Market got the memo that this was supposed to be a good place to work. Since the day they bought urgent care extra, they have consistently broken most of their promises. There are many times I feel that the upper management has no clue as to what they're doing. Even the providers have no respect or faith in upper managements ability to solve simple clinical/administrative issues. I mean, we have startup and shut down instructions for an x-ray machine that we don't use on the wall as our reference. We are required to enter the same information into multiple outlets for their convenience. We are consistently under staffed. We are rarely fully stocked on supplies. You are required to attend a monthly meeting at 6:30 am, and if you happen to work that day, your shift went from 13 hours to 15+ hours, but its ok, we get a 30 minute break.... maybe. Even if you worked the day before and. It is sad because the job and the patients are amazing. The company is a joke. I don't believe these urgent cares should reflect on HCA as a whole because I have heard amazing things about HCA.

If you want non competitive pay for a job in which you have the work load of 2+ people and are constantly reminded that you are replaceable, this is the job for you!

Oh and there are a couple of days where we have to clean the clinic... after a 13 hour + shift....
Pros
insurance, experience
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Now. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight