Play YouTube video button

Care Now Employee Reviews

Left after 2 weeks
NCT/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2019
Horrible experience. Manager told me 1st day: “there are no breaks, lunches.” Red flag there. The trainer I had at my location in Dallas was even worse. Talked super fast, sped through the “lab tech” training, and had the worst attitude, and complained about her job. Said she was “too busy” to train people.
Found out, sadly, that the XRay role was only 10% of job! The Doc at location was nice, and the RN I met was pleasant.
Seriously, I see the “NCT XRay/Lab Tech” job constantly posted on Indeed. Huge turnover rate!
Some advice: if u want to be an XRay Tech, don’t be an “NCT”. Attend a 2 or 4 yr. school, so that you can work at a hospital, dr. Office, etc. instead of an urgent care place!
Pros
Cons
Many
Not a great place to start looking
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 12, 2019
Mostly busy days, what I learned about this employer was that they really could careless about their employees. Hardly no breaks management has no clue what they are doing. Always under staffed.
Pros
Unlimited over time
Cons
Under staffed
Run while you can
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Mckinney, TxFebruary 9, 2019
Do not consider this job if you can not:
-Multi-task
-Handle lack of support from management
-Work well under pressure
-Don't do well with being written up / talked to in front of other employees
-Can not work by yourself with a high patient volume

Working at CareNow is not only stressful and draining on one, it is also exhausting sounding like a broken record to your superiors. Bringing issues up to management gets you NOWHERE. Management does not care about you, your personal life, your family plans, etc. All they care for is working you to the bone and paying you as little as possible. Your phone number is put on a list of all the front desks in the area and you are constantly receiving calls, texts, etc. of if you can work a shift at the last minute. Scheduling you back to back, double shifts when they need you or when it is a "high volume day" and then have no problem cutting hours as soon as it starts to slow down.

Not only are there all of these cons, you hardly ever get a lunch or a break. Forget about it if you are working a double shift and on single coverage, you will never get to break.

Let's not also forget the horrible raises we get once a year, how lucky are we to receive an additional CENTS/an hour. They only give you a raise of 2-3% which equals out to cents. Complete insult.

I do not recommend this company on my worst enemy.
Cons
No breaks, lunches, low pay
Productive and fun workplace
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 2, 2019
This workplace is amazing. Everyone is nice and can have fun working. We are family oriented. We do our job in a fun environment. We love helping our patients to become well.
Productive Work Atmosphere
Medical Assistant • Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 19, 2018
Nice place to work. Great teams at most locations. Loved the hours scheduled. Learn new things all the time.

Always meet someone new and catch up with re-occurring patients.
Work hard or don't work at all.
Medical Assistant X-ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2018
Carenow works you to the bone. Understaffed at every clinic they have. 13 hour days end up being 15 hours because of patients. It sucks working there.
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes even no break.
Thanks!
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 5, 2018
Thank you for the opportunity at CareNow Urgent Care. CareNow has been a successful company who believe in their employees, the issues are in the subsidiary group Parallon.
Very Busy UC
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2018
Good pay but high stress urgent care position. Required to see anything that walks through the door without any help beyond what your assistants can provide. Frequently expected to see 5+ patients per hour for the entire 13+ hour shift. Can be a great place for the right person, but definitely not for everyone.
Terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXOctober 26, 2018
You have to know people/have friends to be treated ok. Management is BAD. The pay for my exp- a joke. $10 to be exact. I took the job for about a month until I found what I needed then ran for it. Find a job up North where they’ll pay your worth.
Pros
You get to leave
Cons
Underpaid and overworked
Great place to work at.
Freelancer/ Men's Fragrance (seasonal) (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 17, 2018
A very professional company to work for.
Very friendly environment.
Lots of opportunities to grow.
The pay is pretty decent.
Flexible schedule as long as you can work it out with your team.
Good atmosphere, can be stressful at times
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 16, 2018
Depending on where you go and the clinic staff you work with, it can be a great experience or a horrible one. The changes in management and in certain policy’s caused major problems.
Lack of ethics
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2018
The workplace culture is horrible at CareNow. What was once the focus of urgent care and treating patients, is now focused on competing with Concentra. When new procedures are trying to be implemented, there isn't any training for management or the staff. Upper leadership will send out information in an email and expect everyone to be ready in days. The medical providers are not properly trained for DOT physicals and occupational medicine, the hourly staff works anywhere from 13 - 15 hours a day with minimal or no lunch breaks at all and managers are not supported in their work. Not recommended to anyone wanting to work for this company. It needs to either stay in urgent care or be bought out by a company that knows how to run this business effectively.
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
everything
Really cozy place to work
Medical Assistant / Front Office (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 14, 2018
I love working with patients, and I'm a back office help patients . The benefits are good , the job is a job. But we help each other to provide the best service
Pros
Health insurance and paid 75 % of you going to school
Cons
Low salary . Busy place .
This company only cares about money
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 12, 2018
I have been working here for almost two years and it is progressively getting worse. The turn over rate for staff is ridiculous and the schedules are not consistent. They will either cut your hours due to "efficiencies" and make you travel to other clinics for hours or beg you to work overtime because they are understaffed. They do not care about your well being at all. You can't take a lunch break but you also can't eat at the front desk area. Upper management is terrible as well. They want us to see 60-100 patients a day, but won't give us enough doctors! People are constantly upset about the wait times and I don't blame them. They do have really good benefits though.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers
Cons
No breaks, long hours, understaffed, over-worked, poor management
Worst
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2018
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They hire people within management that don’t know what they are doing. It’s always drama and people being messy and gossiping about another persons business. Just unprofessional. Schedules are never consistent. Management doesn’t care about your personal life. They have no sympathy. You are underpaid and talked to like a child. It’s ridiculous
Benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks, no consistency, poor management
Fast pace, repetitive, easy to do
Impairment rating (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Fast pace corporate office environment with competitive opportunities for advancement. Friendly staff and I loved working for the company. Would recommend working here
good work and home balance
Attending Physician, Internal medicine. (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 19, 2018
I am interested in good work life and home life, benefits and and job security. I enjoy working with some time spent on academic activities like management or research or teaching.

I spend time at home fine arts, music, gardening spending time time with family and friends.
Office Area
Coppell - EDI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day would include coming into to the office and working off a speadsheet, and somedays office meetings. I learned how to operate microsoft office amongst other things.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Sitting in cubicle all day
Swamp full of vipers.
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 12, 2018
If you want to sing company loyalty songs, be treated like Jr. High schoolchild and be quizzed on acronyms by every manager who is trying very hard to show that he is useful, this is the place for you.
If you want to work in a place where people gossip about each other behind each others back and snitch on each other - this place is for you.
If you want a schedule that will mess up your family life, because your days off will almost NEVER match the days off that your family has - this place is for you.
If you want every word that you say be reported to the manager and twisted in process - this place is for you.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Everything else: culture, co-workers, management, schedule
Learned a lot
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 9, 2018
I definitely learned a lot where all sorts of prom lens were faced. We were prepared for it all and the staff worked well together. Very professional environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Now. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight