Care Now Employee Reviews

If you don’t like snakes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2018
This place is littered with snakes and backstabbers. Manager will not have your back and they only set you up for failure and don’t give you the tools to be successful. Training is crammed into a few days and then your on your own. Long hours and no time off. The staff always calls out and there is no teamwork. Unless your a snake wrangler stay way from CareNow Town Center.
Pros
Cons
No lunches, lack of teamwork.
no teamwork
Non Certified Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2018
Only 1 lab tech scheduled regardless of the clinic flow or season. Depending the staff working that day you would know if there would be any teamwork or gossipping the whole shift. On a busy day there is no time for lunch break due to only 1 lab tech working the floor running lab test , doing drug screens, and taking x-rays and drawing blood all depends how much is ordered or how many are there for drug screens, hair collection,or breath alcohol test .
Pros
fast-paced
Cons
no breaks
Terrible company .
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2018
New employees are hired at a higher rate than employees that have been with the company . They'd rather let experienced employees leave than increasing pay although they will hire new people at a higher rate , makes no sense . The only reason i stayed with the company as long has i did is because i was able to work 3 days a week but honestly the stress was not worth it . Incompetent coworkers get away with doing their job incorrectly because coverage is needed due to the fact that the company can not keep employees . Zero growth opportunities unless youre a hired friend of the manager which happens VERY often . You can stay at this job as long as you want because there is little to no supervision
Pros
No supervision, you can basically do what you want
Cons
Everything else
Fluctuating Schedule.
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXFebruary 28, 2018
I left Care Now because at the time they had a very non consistent job schedule. I was a single mom of 2 kids and had a hard time with the fluctuating schedule.
Overworked and underpaid
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOJanuary 21, 2018
I would NEVER recommend this job to anyone! They work you like a dog and don't even allow you to get a full lunch because they can't keep the place properly staffed! They are prejudice, and most days there's no lunch at all, they expect you to eat on the go and then tell you you can't have food at your desk/floor and will write you up for it. The management protect their own and do not hear your voice if you have a problem within the workplace! They do not care about their employees at all! Their pay isn't competitive and they don't give raises often. The chance for advancement is only gonna go for the managers "favorites" with whom they do favors for as well, and don't follow policy for those they like when they are doing something that violates policy. Any race other than Caucasian, will feel uncomfortable working here because they don't know how to deal with them, because they really don't like them. Never ever work here! Find you an employer that actually cares about you! Don't waste your time, I promise you, you'll be sorry!!
Pros
Cons
No breaks, favoritism, overworked, under paid.
Fun but stressful
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Carenow was a great place to work. Great doctors, great staff, and mostly great patients. If I could have day shifts only I would go back. They do pay differential pay for night and weekend hours.
Pros
days, nights and weekends shifts, differential pay
Cons
nights and weekends shifts are mandatory
First Nursing Job
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 14, 2018
I thought this was going to be a great experience with all of the variety of patients that would come into an urgent care clinic, but I was so wrong. I was scheduled to work up to 15 days in a row, followed by 1 day off, in which I would be called and asked to come in on that day off. If I didn't answer my phone, I would receive text messages requesting that I come in. There was always a staffing shortage, and your scheduled shift was never your shift. I was always required to work longer than my shift hours due to staffing shortages. I am grateful that I was hired on right out of school, but I do not recommend this job to anyone.
Great place to work!
X-Ray/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Management was awesome and very encouraging! The staff was also wonderful to work with, they will make it fun and exciting even if the pace is pretty fast.
they don"t give you things that are said you'll get
Lab/ X ray Tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJanuary 7, 2018
it's not a bad place to work. Most employees are great to work with but the company itself makes promises it doesn't keep. They say employees come first but it's actually all the bottom line. Whatever works better for them.
Willing to go back
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 3, 2018
Should give the right compensation raises and attend to their employees and take them very seriously. Always treat them equally not favortisium. Keep employees at a set location.
Care Now
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJanuary 2, 2018
This office was a very bust office that made the work day go by fast., hardly ever did you have to look at the clock to see when it was your time to go home.
The Drs are great and very understanding.
Stressful
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXDecember 30, 2017
Level of management team work has decreased over the years. This has contributed to the level of stress and overall lack of happiness at the job for a large number of employees. They are trying to grow to fast, and have lost track of what it means to run a successful business with happy employees who WANT to work there and strive to grow with the company.

It can be a fast pace fun place to work, but those days are becoming a fleeting memory. It is sad to see.
Stay away
Back office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2017
This company is absolutely the worst company to work for. They bring in new hires with little to none experience at a higher pay rate then the bones who have years of experience and/or have been there for years. Last minute schedule changes, 2 back office and one provider for a patient flow of 40-70 patients a day, 13hr shifts with no breaks and a 30 min lunch. Just say no to working here
Pros
Cons
No set schedule, poor management, unfair pay
Fun Place to Grow
Physician Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 28, 2017
Care Now is an enjoyable place to work and grow. Great opportunities for advancements . A typical day for me consist of following up.. I work for physician services and I have multiple duties. I assist the recruiter and our credentialing department with hiring contract providers. I also orient and schedule for home office/clinical orientation, schedule part time providers for 31 urgent care centers in the DFW. I've learned that anything is possible in healthcare and the hardest part of my job is the commute. The most enjoyable part is I get to work with people of all backgrounds, develop great relationships and meet demands.
Pros
lunch breaks, flexible schedule, great boss
Cons
I've maxed my growth potential and commute
This company is so organized and they love thier employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2017
I love this place! I worked 11 years for this company. This is where I learned all my skills the correct way. They do everything by the book and they make sure that all of their M.A's and nurses are up to date on all the skills and regulations. They have a Lead nurse that audits all of our notes for adulterations and they test us every year on all of our skills.
Don’t come here
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Ann/simmonsNovember 21, 2017
So unprofessional, rude and people hanged up on new staff members instantly turn over is bad! Made unreasonable request to staff that was beyond the scope of practice! Wish they would shut them all down. I’d stick with any other urgent care in town but this chain
Pros
Vendors bring in snacks
Cons
Staff is rude
low pay
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXNovember 18, 2017
pay is very low for what the company expects of their employees. I would not recommend unless you are just in desperate need of a job or are looking for something part time.
very faced paced
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXNovember 11, 2017
faced paced workplace, didnt actually get to take 15 breaks, had to eat while working the majority of the time, OT was offered, well organized, staff events were a plus for holidays
Pros
management was understanding and supportive
Cons
PTO was not often approved
If you want fast pace this is for your
RN, FNP-C (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 10, 2017
If you like fast paced this is the job for you. They dictate what you need to prescribe, they tell you what to order based on a patient's symptoms. They have a slot where all visit are placed and the Dr's look through and take the ear infections and leave the others us.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
fast paced, do not get to use your medical knowlege
great place to work
Lead Radiologic/Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLNovember 6, 2017
I really enjoyed the experience I received while working at Carenow . I had found the job here on indeed and everyone was very friendly and helpful . They even bought cupcakes to celebrate my birthday and a gift for me when relocated. I truly enjoyed the office setting and getting to interact with patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Now. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight