Care Plus NJ Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union, NJApril 29, 2018
Unrealistic expectations from management. Not enough formal training. Management wants one thing and then tells you you are wrong for doing it. Constantly throwing employees under the bus. The actual job was easy but poor management made it unbearable. Employees other than manager were nice and supportive. Management would gossip, lie, pry into personal affairs and take it personal when you didn't share your life story.
Pros
Children, families, experience
Cons
Ok place to start your career
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJMarch 10, 2018
CPNJ really pushes for career and educational advancement. Salary is quite low but benefits and time off are pretty good! They will also work with your schedule if you have a serious family emergency or want to go back to school.
Pros
Decent benefits package and flexibility
Cons
Very low pay
I dont want to participate in this part
CLINICAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 23, 2018
I don't want to participate in this part of the form. I worked here for a long time and I'd like to keep my experience to myself. Each experience is different and mine sure was. Again I'd like to keep it private. other's can work there and make their own memories. thank you very much for understanding and respecting my wishes
Fast paced environment.
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 16, 2018
Care Plus is an Agency with a heart for its clients and the community. It is an ever changing environment to better their service. You will not be bored working for CP.
Great place to work.
SAIF Admin (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJanuary 10, 2018
Working over 5 years has been a great place to work. Coworkers as well as management was a pleasure to work with. I can not say anything negative about CarePlusNJ.
Pros
pay, management, vacation, personal, great company to work for.
Cons
Part time struggle.
Stressful environment
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 6, 2018
The environment is stressful and the work demands are unrealistic. Management is un-empathic and treat workers like robots. Workers are not appreciated but tossed to the side when they advance to other department or agency. Good workers are pushed to do more with no reward and easily reprimanded when expectation is not met. The balance of work and home life is not taken into consideration and is expected their workers to put the job first, even over their own well being. Union job but the union does not help workers and when union gets involved managers target union members to make their work life more miserable. Promotions are not rewarded by work or degree but by whom is liked and is "loyal". Workers are placed into unethical situations and when workers question what they are doing they are labeled "insubordinate". Upper Management is worried about how the agency looks as a whole and promotes a great place to work, sadly that is far from the truth.
Pros
Good Co-workers.
Cons
Poor Management, No Resources
laid back but stressful
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 31, 2017
you work in a residential setting with clients at their group homes. not much support from management. not much guidance from management in terms of documentation. you have to figure out what you're doing in passing (relieving) co-workers, which most of the time, as just as lost as you.
Pros
laid back, work independently
Cons
no one knows the rules, and everyone does what they want
Internship
Mental Health/Substance Abuse Clinician-Intern (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 22, 2017
The specific program in Interned for was very fast paced with little time for supervision and training. I felt I was at times "expected" to know things I was never taught before.
Additionally, despite my extensive experience I was unable to receive a stipend or any contribution for my Internship.
I learned more then I can mention but I found achieving a balance and getting my work done to be extremely hard.
Pros
Great environment and work culture
Cons
No stipend, no breaks
Company is making changes
Mental Health Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 15, 2017
Very stressful, understaffed, mandatory overtime, management fishing for things to write you up about. Company is making changes and rearranging shifts.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Good place to being work
Crisis Response Worker (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJMay 31, 2017
Great company to start at right out of school. Good place to gain experience and learn from other professionals. Not much room for growth within the company.
Care Plus Schools
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  New Milford, NJMay 12, 2017
Really great program with really strong and supportive management that provided a lot of great services to students within the school districts. Definitely recommend it.
fun work place with the ability to learn
SAIF Admin (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJApril 22, 2017
Mostly Administrative duties, answering the phone. scheduling appointments faxing filing organizing. meeting with clients, and assisting case managers with various tasks as well as the supervisor. cleaning and managing the front desk.
Pros
Everything except full time
Cons
not full time
Fun Place to Work
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 7, 2017
This company was the best company I have ever worked for. For the most part, people were always happy. Salary was not great but it was considered to be one of the highest paid not for profit organizations.
Pros
Non-micromanaging supevisors, friendly employees
Cons
Salary
great
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hasbrouck Heights, NJDecember 2, 2016
I love it here just want a better job with a little more money and want to work with the public alittle more and learn new things
Productive and great place to work
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 12, 2015
I worked at the organization for 15 years and grew both professionally and personally as I got promoted from one position to the next. I enjoy working with people with mental illness and enjoy supervising staff. I also enjoy focusing on staff development and watching people grow in their profession.
Pros
Great work being done in the organization
Cons
No more room for advancement
Adverse job culture; agency is best on a per diem basis
Crisis Response (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJMay 18, 2015
Demanding fast-paced job with high case load, strict deadlines/mammoth paperwork volume, unfeasible expectations, frequent on-call rotation, inconsistent policies, procedures, management, and supervision. Bilingual workers are not compensated for language skills and retain the highest caseloads. Overall, the politically laden job culture exhibits irregular patterns of accepted behavior, and the beliefs and values that promote and reinforce them are unethical and conflict-ridden.
Pros
Working in the community with families/youth, clinical hours
Cons
No room for self/team advocacy, impractical high demands, no team cultivation, frequent tampering of compensation and overtime, abstracted Union representation
office help
Internship involving office help (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMay 24, 2014
I created an excel spreadsheet of clients of Care Plus a partial care outpatient facility. I grouped clients by counties and alphabetized names. I also performed faxing, copying and shredding personal information. I got along well with the manager and the staff.
Pros
Leaning new skills on the computer.
Cons
This was only a temporay internship
Great Experience
Per Diem Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 28, 2013
Assisted the adult mental health clients with their daily living, be it supervision of medication, transportation to AA mtgs, planning group outings/activities, etc.
Pros
A wealth of mental health knowledge/experience, networking, free/low-cost trainings, staff perks, etc
Cons
Last minute schedule changes, double scheduling
Great company, Innovative, excellent pay
Integrated Case Management Services (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 2, 2013
Challenging job, manage a caseload above 20. transporting clients to appt.s Assisted them with service linkages community resources getting benefits, housing etc. for SPMI population. Loved co-workers great people to work with

Paperwork deadlines are strict and sometimes have to work more hours than suppose to in order to complete . MGMT can be challenging to work with but in general okay, once you get their jist.

Job is almost completely autonomous, have to be able to work independently 90% of the time. Make quick decisions and be safe as you are in the community/outreach program. Go to psychiatric hospitals a lot too, collaborate with Hospital staff and coordinate discharge plans which can be very challenging since hospital staff often don't go along with your recommendations .
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
high stress, not enough time to finish work but expected in the field
Enjoyed working at CarePlus
TIP Program Assistant Program Manager/ FAW (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 3, 2013
A typical day at work was assessing a new parent for enrollment in the program. Then back to the office after assessments were completed. Possible luch with some co-workers or the boss. Then back out to the field. End of day was reporting back to the office for paper work to be completed. The hardest part of the job was driving to a clients home and finding no one there. The most enjoyable part was having a client that was happy to be enrolled in the program.