Care.com Employee Reviews

Gives you something to do and can be fun at times.
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 28, 2018
I learned how to properly babysit and that no matter your age, race, or work ability they will give you a chance to succeed and earn money. The hardest part of the job was not getting job security or health benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have this particular experience and learn new things about babysitting and tutoring kids.
All Depends which family you work for
Nanny North Phoenix (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2018
I have had several friends find some very good families on this website.They make good money and they love it! My luck though was pretty bad. Family switched up pay raise while I was working, constantly cut my hours back from original agreement, would call me off on days the family decided to be home and not pay me for it. So it all really depends on the family you chose. Over all though it was a very easy job and fun at times.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
constantly taking back on their word
A great job for a stay-at-home mom looking to re-enter the work-force
CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 4, 2018
This job was a great foot in the door for a stay-at-home mom looking to re-enter the work force. It was completely remote and you were given your choice of a morning or an evening shift. All of the work was done right on your lap-top and you worked as part of a virtual team, juggling several accounts at a time.

All and all it was an interesting and challenging position, but it was also very stressful and high pressure. Working alone in this type of an environment is not for everyone; especially when you have to transition back into the role of mom immediately afterwards. I think having an opportunity to be around people and have a commute time would have helped mark a better transition.
Pros
Great company, nice benefits, ability to work from home
Cons
Had to provide own equipment, high stress environment, inconsistent communication
Self paced
Caretaker/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 5, 2018
For certain Care Seekers who enroll in Care.com through their employer's benefits program and for certain other Care Seekers, we offer through our subsidiary, Care Concierge, a Backup Care Service that enables them to receive periodic emergency backup care from Care Concierge or third parties we or Care Concierge contract with who provide those services (such third parties, along with the individuals who work for them, "Backup Care Providers"). If you have enrolled in Care.com through your employer's benefits program, please inquire with your benefits department to determine whether this offering is available to you.
fun job
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2018
kids are fun to work with just teaching them positive things abc's and 123's is alot of fun . One day at work with a kid can make your whole week. I learned that kids have role models and learn from you so it's best you give them your all and attention. the management was great i believe you deserve your pay by the hours you work . The place was a good job , the hard part was finding kids to babysit because people were booked fast and the part i enjoyed was babysitting kids
Pros
learning from kids, nice play dates, meeting new people
Cons
leaving work
Care.com is a company that manages payroll for Caregiving positions
Private Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTSeptember 17, 2018
My experience contracted with Care.com has been great. There are no payroll nightmares. Work Compensation, taxes and social security comes out. There are weekly, bi weekly and monthly payroll options. Direct deposit is awesome. Care.com provides electronic copies of all payroll checks and W2 statements, which is great for tax season! I highly recommend Care.com for any private personal care contract assignments.
Loveable and fun teaching the child.
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 2, 2018
Working for Care.com was a excellent experience for myself. It taught me how to properly take a big responsibility for providing assistance to the child, playing with the child, and keeping the child safe. Management was good, had no problems, got paid very well, and they were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was finding a ride to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with the kids and making sure the kids were happy.
Pros
Teaching the child
Cons
Transportation
Babysitting
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 20, 2018
As a babysitter I understand that every child is raised differently and parents expect certain behaviors in their homes; my personality/ responsibilities vary with who I'm caring for, I can be dramatic and playful when I need to be or very serious and guiding.
Flexible and rewarding workplace
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 28, 2018
Since care.com is a website to find caregiving jobs, there are many opportunities for a job that fits your schedule. I have had two jobs through this company, both working out very well for me. What was enjoyable about this job is that you get to have fun with the children you're nannying/babysitting and get paid for it! It was a rewarding job as I learned new things daily about what does/doesn't work when trying to conquer a bump in the road that may pop up with the children.
Pros
Flexibility and freedom to create your own daily agenda
Cons
No benefits
Laid back environment
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 27, 2018
I learned a lot about each one of the three kids I watched. The management was okay. Workplace was okay as well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the kids attitudes and disrespect. The most enjoyable part was when they all came to me to cuddle close and watch movies.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great SIte to find Nanny and Babysitting Jobs!
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MANovember 12, 2018
I really enjoyed my time on Care.com. Connecting with great families, and ultimately finding the family that was right for me! I would recommend the site to anyone who enjoys working with kids and wants to become a Caregiver of some kind.
Pros
Lots of jobs to look through!
Cons
No benefits, sometimes pay is poor.
Busy but so worth it!
Professional Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 8, 2018
Responsible for providing adiquate care for children and elderly individuals.

Workday includes teaching children how to read and speak.

Daily trips to the zoo, science center, Dr. appointments.

Responsible for meal prep, bathing, homework, scheduling activities and appointments.

household management
Pros
smiling faces
Cons
lack of communication
Working for various families
Nanny (Former Employee) –  southern californiaMay 31, 2018
Care.com connects nannies and families. As a family you are able to see reviews and history of a nanny, but as a nanny you do not know what type of family you are going to get. Not all families offer contracts, benefits, or paid vacation days. Some families expect you to work even when you or a child is sick, as they do not have back-up care. There is a lot of liability being a nanny, and you can get added duties throughout the job. You are expected to go above and beyond but not many families will increase your pay over time. I loved my time being a nanny for certain families, and other families abuse their power over you.
Senior care provider
Senior Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee County, OKSeptember 28, 2018
Love working for myself. The only drawback is, no benefits and your clients life span is usually very short.
Care.com allowed me to pick and choose my clients and I also decided my own pay scale. This is a great gig if you want to work part time.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Great pay.
Cons
No benefits
Not reliable job money wise; fun non primary job
Baby sitting pets (Current Employee) –  Whitefish Bay, WIDecember 6, 2018
The majority of the time I am spending filling out applications for jobs posted by owners. On average, Owners do not respond back until days or even weeks after applying. They like to go through all the applications first before choosing their dogsitter or walker. If they pick you though you do some contacting back and forth and you figure out all the dates and times etc. It is slightly difficult and frustrating sending out sometimes 20 applications and getting no responses but the rewarding piece is finally getting that long-awaited "you're hired" message.
Pros
professional communication practice
Cons
no health care or dependency
very good
Full Time Nanny (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2018
Excellent writing and verbal skills, skilled pianist, can also play the clarinet, the spoons, and the African djembe drum, strong swimmer, skilled hider, below average seeker, excellent board game player, silly song on the spot maker upper, stands up to invisible monsters, can construct an A+ diorama on a few hours notice and limited amounts of glitter glue, excellent story time reader, fantastic loser at Candyland, can set up and tear down Slip 'n' Slide in record time, champion water balloon thrower, can fashion a periscope out of an empty toilet paper roll, fantastic book report co writer and homework double checker, not afraid of looking silly for the sake of a laugh.
Fun, References builder, Good Experience
Babysitter/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 6, 2018
Work depends on the family your re working for, so pay is unreliable. If you enjoy being with children and working with children it is enjoyable. You are required to meet with and spend time with the parents as well. If you are going into an education, child psychology, or anything related to the developmental field of study/work, it provides a good experience and solid references.
Pros
enjoyable work environment, good experience, reference builder
Cons
no paid leave, no benefits or healthcare
housekeeping on the website care.com
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CADecember 9, 2018
a very easy way to make money as long as the owner of the home is friendly and considerate. worked 8 hours a day from 3:00pm till 10:00pm after school every week day
Pros
easy money
Cons
long hours of cleaning
Fast paced days with dizzy dreamers
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMay 17, 2018
a typical day as a nanny included doing many tasks for the little ones. i learned a lot about the things the kids liked and disliked. however, i disagreed with the parental management/parenting methods. i love working with children, but the hardest part of the job was trying to relate to the older siblings; and giving them advice on how to care for their younger siblings themselves someday. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids laugh and smile and have fun.
Pros
free food, spending quality time with the kids
Cons
little to no breaks, wasn't paid a liveable wage
Found a great family
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 30, 2018
Found a great family through care.com and worked for them for two years. I know some online nanny services have had problems with compensation but Care.com got me connected with a family and then we didn't have to use the sight anymore. Would recommend for anyone