Care.com Employee Reviews

Found 1,032 reviews matching the search See all 1,044 reviews
Nice,fun place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 22, 2019
I enjoyed working for care.com, although I didn't stay long. But the person who hired me was very nice and consistent with finding me jobs,and called me right away. When it was time for my pay she sent my money right away. If I could I would work for this company again.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Break whenever needed
Fun way to work with children.
NANNY (Former Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHFebruary 21, 2019
Beneficial for those that enjoy working and building experience with children in the area. Allows you to work with children of varying ages and learn to adapt to different types of children.
great place
Babysitter/Nanny (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 20, 2019
easy to find jobs and i have been involved with a family i met on there for two years. I love it. great way to find the things that you need. i recommend
Easy to use
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORFebruary 19, 2019
Its an easy way to become a babysitter and look for a job or even post a job. It isnt just being a babysitter you could end up looking after elderly people, pets, kids, house cleaning. you can make your own price on how much to charge.
Incompetent, rude and unresponsive management
Observer (Former Employee) –  Puget Sound, WAFebruary 19, 2019
When everything works, it works well; caregivers get paid and guardians have an easy way to receive care for their dependents. However, should ANYTHING go wrong, zero support should be expected from Care.com. It is likely you will spend months trying to find a single US contact number, only to be told that their automated processes are infallible and that what is broken cannot be fixed.
Pros
Decent pay, usually relaxed work
Cons
Poor management
work at my pace
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 15, 2019
fun, I love what I do and all the people I work with clients I work with
they're respectful and are very understanding(clients). if I have to miss a day I don't get 3rd degree or fired
Care.com
Part Time Nanny / Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Sayville, NYFebruary 15, 2019
Care. com was fine with getting jobs, but when it came to my experience with the mothers on care.com I came into trouble. The amount of work that was expected for the amount of pay was very different.
I am in control of my own work space as a back up care giver.
Professional Child Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2019
I enjoy working for Care.com. The management team is great and always on top of everything. I also enjoy my work life balance because I make my own hours working part-time as a back up care giver.
Taking care of children
Nanny and Dog sitter (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAFebruary 14, 2019
I would get to work and usually follow the list whether its was errands or chores. Play both indoor and outdoor activities. Read books and help with homework if needed. Make sure to have lunch/ dinner for them. And do sing alongs and dance alongs. Making sure they take their naps. I love working with children I enjoy teaching them new activities.
Pros
Teaching little ones new things.
RE" Working was rewarding
Senior and Child Care, Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2019
I was able to meet various clients in need of care.

I enjoyed every opportunity afforded me.

The application was useful for people and potential clients to review my resume as well as to conduct a background check.
Great way to find a nanny, tutor, pet care, and even senior care!
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Hillard, FLFebruary 14, 2019
My typical day at work was fun! I got to play with two little boys and learned different things to help me in life. I would prepare meals at least once a week for the boys. I would have to make sure that they completed their reading assignments and would get them to help keep the house cleaned. I learned not to let the boys push me around, I had to be the one to make final decisions not letting the boys persuade me in any direction, I learned what it is like taking care of twins, and I learned time management, having to be somewhere at a certain time.
Good for college students!
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 13, 2019
I love working with kids, being a nanny through care.com has so far been the best fit for my current life. I love the pay and flexibility. Being able to choose a job that works for my schedule is amazing.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
Fun working enviorment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2019
With care.com you get to make your own schedule and work when you want. You can have 1 or 5 different profiles doing a variety of jobs. You van meet new people and make life time friends! I can't remember but I believe they do a background check on you so that's a bonus to people looking for caregivers, chauffeurs etc.
Pros
Work hours you want
Cons
Not steady income not good money
Review
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 11, 2019
Nothing. to write about care.com. because it was a temporary job that i can work when ever i want to. so it was basically a part-time, temporary job that i had.
Flexible Hours
Nanny/Household Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Care.com allowed me to have flexible hours based on the jobs chosen but bad pay that didn't fit the cost of living, no true proof of income, and no background checks on families looking to hire, leaving babysitters and nannies to fend for themselves.
Good to pass the time
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 10, 2019
I did a hours on the side an it worked out for me at the time. I enjoy being a CNA so i like the fact I can make my our hr and work when I want and I can do home care which I love!
every family is different
NANNY (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Working with different families will result in different ratings. some families are calm and easy going, others are chaotic and unorganized. this is a job for someone is is willing to constantly adapt and think quick.
good
Nanny/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dover, NJFebruary 6, 2019
Good part time work. worked well with college classes, flexible hours is a plus, wide variety. Great to gain experience for your resume. Every day was a new experience.
Pros
great experience and great flexibility.
Cons
non
House cleaning
House cleaning (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLFebruary 4, 2019
excellent work, I work with a lot of exquisite cleaning of bathrooms, kitchens, windows, floors, cabinets, in short of everything that is a cleaning and order of the house,
Pros
Free lunch
flexible but not secure
personal tutor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 3, 2019
As a full time student at the time I really enjoyed having such a flexible schedule. However, working so little throughout the week as a tutor for one family did not allow me to make enough money sufficient for living. It did give me experience in my desired field but the job was just not secure enough.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
more of a side job