Care.com Employee Reviews

Great Nannying Company
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2018
A lot of job options and you can work around your schedule. You can pick and choose your salary, days and times, the area you want to work in, and you can get paid on the app itself to make it easier.
I love it
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 12, 2018
I liked it a lot, and I loved the people I babysat for. I liked the animals, the made it very easy to set up for. It was very simple and easy and I found someone I could babysit in my area.
Pros
The kids
Cons
The cleaning
Productive and Fun workplace
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 12, 2018
I love working with care.com because it lets me balance school and work at the same time. I love playing with kids and being imaginative and that’s exactly what this job lets you do!
Pros
Playin with kids
Great for temporary Situations/Experience
Nanny (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Kutztown, PAAugust 9, 2018
I was doing way more work than i was being paid for. No room to advance in career. Overall i liked my job, but it was mainly just as a temporary situation to build experience to be hired in a day care.
Pros
flexible hours if necesarry
Cons
not paid enough, no room to advance
Kicked off care.com wanting to work again after baby!
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 8, 2018
Quit my home care job to drive for school. Then had a baby. I wanted to start babysitting again. Care.com com kicked me off for unknown reasons. As I have a clean record! I tried to call but I got told to call another # and they said o had 10 days. Very frustrating. I know they have been sued in past so I assume they are a different company. Oh well maybe its a sign that I'm busy enough with my own kiddos.
Pros
Meet local families
Cons
bad clients that dont pay
It was fun!
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Valley Falls, KSAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed working with parents and watching over their kids. Those I did work for, were very helpful and understanding when it came to working around schedules. Over all a fun experience!
Pros
Arts and crafts with the kids
Cons
Not enough hours
Bad
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2018
Lots of scams and no protection for babysitters and nannies. I received a minimum of 5 scams in just one week wanting to interview me for a job. They all sent me the same message, just different people, and care.com would shut it down an hour later. As a young girl, I was immediately put off and canceled.
Care.com Saved me!
Private Nanny (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 4, 2018
Care.com Saved me!! It gave me a platform to market my skills and truly flourish as a Nanny!! I am so thankful I found this website and have been able to meet so many wonderful families and make so many amazing connections!
Pros
Free background checks
Cons
Customer service via email takes days to resolve issues
Okay
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAAugust 3, 2018
Care.com isn't a building to work in. It is a website that is very slow and competitive. After the family I worked for moved, I had a very hard time finding a new job.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Slow Paced
Educational experience working with children with different abilities
Nanny (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 3, 2018
Working with young children with mental and physical disabilities was challenging as much as it was rewarding and fun. The kids taught me a lot about how to be patient, a good listener, and how to manage stressful situations. I also learned quite a lot about behavior modification, sensitivity, and child development.
busy
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 2, 2018
its a great place to work if you're just starting out in your career, you learn how to do many things that will eventually help you. other than i have no complaints
Awesome family
Nanny/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2018
Care.com is a website were you can become a nanny, pet sitter, date night sitter or etc. Families make a profile as well as the person looking to find an awesome fam/job. I am a nanny, I love my job. I have a side job with another family I found on Care.com. I would recommend this site to anyone. You create a close bond and become part of the family.
Very orgainized
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2018
Get right to work so the day go by fast tips was giving offten the hardest part to me was the trash taking it all the way around the block other than that it waa peacful
Pros
Break when needed
Flexible
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYAugust 1, 2018
Care.com is a great way to make money and meet great families. Hours are usually flexible and there are many jobs available. Ive met some of the nicest people through care.com
Great families
Full Time and Part Time Nanny, Metro (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 31, 2018
I loved all the kids I worked with in my 7 years with Care.com! when the bad families came around you could contact care.com and get them removed so no other nanny has to go through that.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Self-Employement
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 30, 2018
I applied for nanny positions to families on my own and used Care.com to connect to those families. It was an easy website to navigate and communicate on. I have been successful receiving and retaining nanny positions while using Care.com. Care.com send me educational and helpful emails once or twice a week with valuable information that I appreciate.
Pros
Independance
Flexible
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2018
Care.com allowed me to pick the right family that suites me. I like how flexible my hours are and it allowed me to keep on top of my hectic school schedule.
Amazing place to work.
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 30, 2018
I currently nanny for a family with 3 kids. The kids are very smart, funny, and well behaved. I rarely have any problems. The parents are also very understanding of my schedule and help make it work when I have a vacation planned. Being a nanny gives me time to work on other things as well when I have free time. I love this family and being a nanny!
Pros
Paid mileage, flexible schedule.
Cons
Can work early days.
Couldn't get a job
Pet Sitter/Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 29, 2018
Unless you pay for a premium membership, you cannot communicate with prospective employers. They can only send you a message if THEY have a premium membership, yet Care.com claims it is a FREE service. You can apply for jobs, but unless you are a premium member, you cannot answer any messages and you usually see the messages way after the time they are sent.
Pros
Cons
You have to pay a monthly charge to get a job
Fun babysitting job
babysitting (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 27, 2018
It’s really fun working with kids and enjoying your days with them, watching them grow. It’s really easy to contact parents and the pay is really good.