Care.com

Care.com Employee Reviews

United States1,692 reviews

Found 1,692 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,721 reviews

Flexible Job!

The best thing about working with Care.com is the amount of flexibility. I can choose when and where I want to work. However, if working for one-time jobs only you will have difficulty getting regular income. Best for finding nanny jobs or weekly babysitting positions.

Pros

flexible

Cons

job security

great company

Absolutely awesome. Great work-life balance. Families on care are very safe and caring. I will always use Care for any side gigs and even if I am looking or a sitter myself.

Care.com insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

good work place

Very good management and cared for me as an employee. The app was easy to use and I found a family very quickly. I love the kids I worked with and Care always was supportive.

Great Company to Find A Myriad of Jobs

I think most people are familiar with Care.com. They provide a platform where people looking for pet sitters, tutors, housecleaners, special assignments can hire.As a person who regularly looks for jobs on the website. I usually find good people to work for who offer good pay.

Pros

Easily find many different kinds of service jobs

Cons

You have to pay to be seen in all the employer searches.

great website to find nanny jobs

I really enjoyed using care.com to find nanny jobs. Many families are willing to meet with you to see if you are the right fit for their family. Would definitely recommend this website.

Great

Great website to find a nanny or babysitting job! You can also find housekeeping and caregiver jobs. Easy to make a profile. You do need to pay for background check.

Independent work schedule

Care.com was for me more of a independent employment experience. Looking for individuals that needed a nanny and contacted them through the website. Setup was simple and web page is a easy layout. The fee for a better experience is fairly inexpensive.

Nanny for Care.com

Various nanny positions for six different families. Responsibilities included: Picking up the children after school, providing snacks, helping with homework as needed, reading, driving to multiple extra-curricular activities. Also provided a safe environment, meal prep. For one child with extensive medical needs, provided medical therapies as directed to the child. Every family that I worked for had a different schedule, needs etc. If you like children and babies, this is a great job for you!

Fun workplace and very supportive coworkers

I love my job and what I do and feel supported by everyone around me! I have learned a lot as an entry level worker and don’t regret my decision to work here!

Pros

Free coffee, nice teammates

Cons

Stressed a lot

Enjoyed my time here

its an easy job to have if you want to balance other things in your life. some areas are more difficult than others but ultimately you shouldn't have much of an issue.

fun working with the family

Care.com is an online site for childcare provider to seek jobs so The parents of the family that i got and i worked for is understanding and communicative so they make work easy for me.

Great with the right family

Find the right family and you’ll be happy! The pros are you basically can build your own schedule, and have a few families at a time. Definitely enjoy it. Pay varies by family

Good college job

great for money while getting an education. Not a long term career though, and requires you to pay your own taxes on the money so watch out when starting a job if they are going to file or not.

Good work environment

There was plenty of training provided and it was a nice work environment - the management provided support when needed and co-workers were easy to get along with.

Many opportunities to choose from.

Care.com only protects the family they will not protect you. Something I didn't think about, you must do a background check on the family you are working for. I put myself in two different situations that turned out to be scary. It's only to protect yourself. It will make you feel better knowing you did a background check and I'm sure if the family is looking for a quality sitter, dog sitter, etc. they will not have a problem with a background check. Don't ever quit a job and call care.com to tell them something really bad happened, they will take down everything you have posted, including keeping the money you paid for your own background check. If you want to work through them again just don't say a word because the family won't. Just remember to protect yourself when going to an interview, meet in a neutral place. Remember to do a background check on the family, mainly parents. Or other adults that live in the home. I hope this helps! Otherwise care is a really good company.

It is what you make it.

Take your time interviewing families and getting what you need from them as well as providing them with excellent care. Overall I enjoyed my time with the company, they send out newsletters with tips every week.

High turnover

This place gies thru cnas every month.Esp for noc shift..Pay is poor .On noc theu make the cna clean entire kitchen and sweep and mop.Thats nit a caregiving job..It takes 3 hours to do.sorry not a housekeeper or a maid..And the kitchen is a filthy mess.Cooks dont clean up after themselves at all cause they know a cna will at 10pm.

Pros

Cons

Ur just a paid housekeeper

Self paced

Working with care.com was a wonderful experience. If your anything like myself, and you love helping those in need. Give them a try. As long as you communicate you will succeed.

Enthusiastic and friendly

Wonderful place to get started in local child care. Parents and sitters both have the opportunity to search for whom they feel would be a good fit. Pay is fair and negotiable as well as requirements. Background checks are thorough. Flexible hours.

Pros

Holiday bonus sometimes depending on the client

Cons

Expectations are sometimes unrealistically high.

Usually always great kids and the parents are very pleasant

Working there was easy and flexible for my schedule. It wasn't too strict on do's and do not ( ofc with the children it was though) . And pay depends on the person to be honest (some pay less than what someone with the same hourly time would pay).

Just stay away

Everyone uses care.com but as caregivers, we aren’t able to leave our honest reviews of families. I have had some really bizarre and overall awful moments but I lose my job, they get to hire someone new and do it all over again. No fair pay, no paid time off, no flexibility.

Common questions about Care.com

Answered by current and former employees at Care.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Care.com.
Powered byComparably

Compare Care.com with

• Care.com
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?