Care.com
81High
4.2

Care.com Employee Reviews for Pet Sitter

I got to work with a lot of different animals and owners.
I love working with animals so I got a chance to pet sit many animals over the summer. It was an easy job, and I got to meet amazing people. However, when school started I had to focus on school.
Pros
meeting different pets and owners
Cons
Some animals were a lot harder to deal with than ot
Dont waste your time
I was on Care.com for a month for pet care, and worked ZERO jobs. I even wasted my money on premium because they wouldn't allow messaging after the trial, and that did nothing for me. I applied to several jobs daily and had one generic response from one place. That's it. Just dont do it!
Different agendas
Very few openings with the necessary elements to pertain to personal schedules/agendas (school). Everyone had conflicting schedules or ideas of hours.
not enough work
not enough work, it is a great place if you like animals, but not all of the homes are friendly and reasonable people and there is not enough work to keep you busy and making enough money
Dog sitter
You begin the proses with the application you have to pay for a background check and then care.com won provide work unless you pay a monthly fee wish is really high they are always posting ad but they don’t tell you from the beginning you have to paid them, in my opinion that is dishonesty.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I think it is really easy to use.
I, personally, don't have any complaints. I think it is really easy to use but the application is very vague and can be difficult for someone who is as young as I am.
Na
My review - it depends on who you work for and what you do. Most of what I have done id babysitting however, I have done pet sitting and house sitting. Get to know your clients and they will be loyal.
Great way to earn money through school
I have loved every family I have worked for. It was an excellent way to make my own schedule and earn a livable income in college. Highly recommend to anyone.
Beneficial place depending on who hires you
Working for Care.com was good because I was hired by a nice family and for the sake of dog-sitting. I enjoyed the job as well as the people who had hired me.
Pros
Open schedule
Cons
Hard to get hired on the website.
Terminated for no reason and Disparging emails sent
After over 2 years with this company servicing pets and with nothing but 5 star reviews I was terminated. I had pup owners willing to speak up or send an email for me. When contacting the company by phone and email I was told the company Line which is "We can terminate are association for any or no reason at any time" This company sent an email to all who I had contacted over the 2years saying I was no longer associated with the company and did not give a specific reason but did give multiple examples of reasons for termination. None of which were good and none that applied to me.
This company also shows potential job listings that are out of date and most had been filled but not removed from the site.

I would not recommend this site/company to anyone looking to provide service in any of the areas the advertise they can help you with. Affiliating with this company may cause you more harm than good
Pros
Do provide some jobs you can apply for
Cons
Termination for no reason, outdated jobs listed, constantly pushing more services for more money
Exciting and fun
My typical work days are very fun and exciting with the children. I have learned even more about children and would love to learn more. The hardest part of the job is to please more then 1 child at a time.
Pros
Having great days
Cons
Long days with children that have trouble with listening to directions
It's a glorified bulletin board with no management or feedback options to speak of.
Don't waste your time or your money. I gave them my job history and other private info and now they won't let me respond to an interested party unless I pay a monthly fee. A lot of hassle and no one at Care.com seems to be responsible for keeping any lines of communication open for member questions.
Pros
Cons
pay to play
Taking care of children
I would get to work and usually follow the list whether its was errands or chores. Play both indoor and outdoor activities. Read books and help with homework if needed. Make sure to have lunch/ dinner for them. And do sing alongs and dance alongs. Making sure they take their naps. I love working with children I enjoy teaching them new activities.
Pros
Teaching little ones new things.
Care.com is a very fun place to work for
I would arrive at the customer's house I would take the dogs out for a walk and pick up after them. I would return to the house and I would sit on the ground and play tug of war and toss the toy for them to go retrieve the toy. I would let the dogs out again before I would leave. I would also spend time brushing them out in the back yard finish by giving them fresh water. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending quality time with the dogs and taking them for walks.
Pros
I love animals and enjoy taking care of them
Fun!
Friendly and fun environment. When I worked as a babysitter/dog-sitter, I had a lot of fun doing what I did. The owners of the animals always left detailed instructions on the counters as well as in text messages. Same for when caring for the children, parents left instructions whether it be simply watching children for a hour or a whole day.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Yelling
Fun part time job
I will go to a clients house in the morning and/or at night and greet their dog(s), then I will feed them and fill their bowls with water. After I will either walk them or if the client wishes, just let them use the potty pads. I will then play with them until my allotted time slot is over. The hardest part of the job is most likely the cleanup.
Great Company
Great to work on the side or full time!!! Easy to learn and fun especially with kids and animals what more could you ask for?! You set your own schedule and if you need to the client can work around what they need and what you can provide.
Awful company with bad practices. Beware !
It's a scummy company with scummy practices. Stay Away ! Just google the company. There are thousands of posts about how awful they are and their shifty business model and practices.
Pros
Cons
Take your pick
Do not pay for this service
I signed up for care.com with high hopes, having come from working with Rover to find pet care jobs. I only ever received messages from accounts with no info, requesting a phone interview. I then would receive a message soon after from care saying the account was fraud. These are the ONLY messages I received, after paying for their premium service. I tried to downgrade or cancel my service but continuously received error messages (not internet troubles, I made sure that wasn’t the issue) until it finally said I had downgraded. I then was charged for the following month, went on the site and saw I was still a premium member. I emailed them asking for a refund and explaining the situation (I haven’t gotten a single job, due to lack of availability of pet care jobs on their service) and they told me they won’t give me a refund, but they’re sorry for my troubles. It also took them days to respond.

I can’t believe the lack of respect for my time and money, especially when I haven’t been able to get a job on their site.
this is a scam
They hook you and later you discover that they want you to pay them before they will share all the personal information you just gave them with a potential employer. Presumably, the more you pay them the more offers you will get, the more options for employment you will have.
So Care.com collects $ from both sides and if you don't pay, your availability is not shared.

It really feels like a scam. They will not talk to you if you have questions. the "instruction sheet" they send you is convoluted.
Pros
Sounds good on paper
Cons
difficult to understand the rules for getting your availability out to employers
Great freelance way to earn an income
I love care.com. It is a way that Pet-sitters and people requiring pet sitting to come together and view eachothers profiles to make a decision to hire them.