Care.com Employee Reviews for Babysitter/Nanny

Found 723 reviews matching the search See all 1,141 reviews
Great place to find nanny jobs
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 23, 2019
The site is easy to use and find many nanny jobs that fit into your schedule. The interviewing process is really easy going and you can always find a new position on the site.
Care.com
Infant Nanny (Former Employee) –  Hartland, MIMay 23, 2019
Found a nannying job through this website, found that many of those placing jobs never respond/ check their responces, making it very hard to find jobs.
Pros
found a good family to work for
Cons
took very long to find
Fun fast paced environment
Nanny/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 23, 2019
A rewarding job, with lots of work involved. Must be fast paced and willing to work hard. Not a sit on the couch kind of job. Must be willing to come up with new ideas for children and keep them entertained and the parents happy.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Salary, benefits
Was very hard to find a position
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 23, 2019
Was very hard to find a position. I love the was the site it set up it just did not work very well for me, not what I expected in that site overall...
Pros
Good site
Cons
Hard to find a job that fit my schedule
Easy job
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 21, 2019
Definitely recommend because you can essentially make your own schedule and it is flexible if you choose to have a second job. Must love working with kids.
Care is amazing
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAMay 21, 2019
Care.com is a great website to find a job. I was extremely lucky when I was hired through Care. The people I worked for treated me like family. Not everyone is as lucky as I was but definitely give care a try.
Fun place to work
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 20, 2019
It was very convenient and a good way to connect with people that are in need of babysitting. It is also good for teenagers like me because it helps guide you towards people that are flexible with your schedule.
Pros
Fun and convenient
Cons
Hard to connect
Stressful
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Windermere, FLMay 20, 2019
It’s hard to manage and take care of someone else’s kids when the parents do the total opposite of what you are trying to teach. Kids are too spoiled don’t want to listen
Pros
Kids, money, trips
Cons
Spoiled kids, crazy hours
Good relaxing responsible job
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMay 20, 2019
Good job for someone in college. Do easy tasks to look after children based off of the age. Good hours and also good pay. Must love kids and be responsible and reliable.
Good jobs
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 20, 2019
Look after kids
Feed meals
Meal prep
Read sing play walks park time
Tidy up kids
Laundry
Great communication with parents
Help kids engage with activities
Pros
Help kids engage
Cons
Rain stops from taking kids out
Productive and efficient
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  University Place, WAMay 20, 2019
I think care.com was a great experience. It was my first job, and super secure for families. It brought me into some great homes with amazing kids! It allows pay through care.com or outside of the app.
Care.com
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2019
Care.com is a great place to look for any potential job in the service industry I was with the company since they were first created I however was kicked off due to one comment from a client and wasn’t given the opportunity to defend myself or be able to look for work in the child care industry since.
Pros
Great place to look for a job in child care
Cons
Does not allow second chances
Love it
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYMay 16, 2019
Amazing job loved the family was placed with. Good pay.
Great times. Children were phenomenal. Had to leave due to relocation. Loved going to work. Perfect schedule
Manageable place to work
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2019
A really nice place to work with good managers but it is a competition to actually work for someone and that’s what I don’t like.Care Does not pay enough and do not work long hours.
Fun to work with kids
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2019
I nannied for a family, so it was relaxed and fun. The app was hard to set up an account, and it was hard to find a family to work for. But overall I enjoyed my experience.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Took a lot of Time
Fun and easy to work with
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Fairfax Station, VAMay 14, 2019
Care.com made it easy to find the perfect nanny job for me in my area. It is a great job for me to come back home to after my school year at university. Family is delightful and I love working with them, without Care.com I would be lost.
Babysitting from care.com
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 14, 2019
Care.com is how I found one of my most loved babysitting/nanny jobs I've ever had. The parents were amazing and the children, phenomenal. I would definitely recommend looking into Care.com if you love kids and are just starting out, or if you need a side job to help pay the bills.
Pros
Everything about Care.com is great
Cons
Fun, exciting. Everyday was different.
Nanny/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cobb County, GAMay 13, 2019
I love kids, so working with them never felt like work at all. It can be overwhelming at times but a child’s love can never be replaced. Kids can be picky eaters! That was the only down side
Pros
Relaxed dress code, flexible hours, crafts and games.
Cons
Picky eaters, tantrums and homework.
It was okay
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 10, 2019
As a college student I could not work full time and that was what most of the jobs in the site were. It’s hard to get started but to do that just pick jobs that are short
sickened and shook up
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 7, 2019
After discovering through an informant as to why i was terminated - is the most degrading feeling ever to not be given any reason or any thought to consider but to have the person's name on blast for everyone to see is truly a cold and heartless act I have helps families grow for years I have been through ups and downs and bend over backwards for families and nobody's ever done this to me and I know the couple that did this to me based on One assignment that I was taking on as a challenge to keep me working in between jobs this family was already nervous from their travels and taking their infant to a wedding planned they already said they had one bad experience the night before , they cancelled on me the first time. I was eager enough to help and assist them at their time of need when I was reviewed as being frazzled they were the ones that were frazzled-- this took away all my years of building reputations how can anyone be this heartless and as a matter of fact care staff called me asking me questions and then replying that I'm so nice to do what i do -what one bad review or one star review could do to someone who's been working in this company for over a decade. I will not reveal my identity but if anyone has seen any recent pattern of this same situation I would gladly be here to discuss and the irony is I am in the town where they are headquartered~~i was only at the hotel room with the parents for minutes, while these parents were still in the hotel room and they know that their child is at a stage of being afraid with a new stranger - I know very well who did this to  more... me and this was not a long time assignment I never even got to stay - they decided to have one parent stay behind but their stress spilled over on me and I lost my reputation and good character because of this incident and care I don't know what or who is on staff but I have never had any disagreements with anyone  less