Care.com Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Found 80 reviews matching the search See all 1,141 reviews
Too many fraudulent job openings
Childcare giver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2019
I was excited to join and thought this would be an excellent opportunity to leave the corporate world and take a job as a nanny because I love children. The very first job is a scam. I reported it to Care.com and they said they would look into it but I don’t have a lot of confidence they will. I log back on and see several posts that are exactly like the one I reported. Yes, they have safety tips on their site, but now I don’t want to apply for anything because I don’t trust most of the listings. I also had to pay to join the website which is fine but I went a step further and purchased the background check and driving record for my profile so I would be more credible. I want my money back!
Pros
Allows you to choose which scam you want to apply for.
Cons
Getting scammed and continuing to see the same scam over and over again
set own hours
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  various, USAApril 23, 2019
Care.com is a great tool to get noticed. As a caregiver, you set your own hours, meet tons of people. Work in all fields you desire, such as childcare, senior care, special needs, housecleaning, errands, care gigs, pet sitting and so much more.
Decent Work
Caregiver/Provider (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 5, 2019
This was a decent job when I was first starting out but now being older and needed a more stable adult job, this isn’t the most reasonable and reliable job to work at. I love working with children and making bonds with the families but I need a better paying job, and better benefits.
Pros
wonderful relationships
Cons
no paid leave, no paid sick days, not flexible schedule, not the best pay
Fun Days Playing with Children
Backup Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 3, 2019
I love working for Care.com. I pick what days I want to work and the pay is great. The days are so fun, going to someone's house and taking care of their kid(s). Management is really understanding of the fact that I'm a student and can't always work. The hardest part of the job is trying to navigate traffic, but as long as you contact the parents if you're going to be late, they're really understanding. Overall, a great place to work!
Care.com
Sr. Caregiver- any age from 0 to 100 plus (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WAMarch 30, 2019
Is an excellent place to work if you are good at being independent, professional and understand that listening to the clients needs is number 1. ..I love it. ..
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Wages, caregiving in general is hard work. Care.com clients do pay higher and is much appreciated, but we have to pay self empmoyment taxes.
Depends who you work for
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  GAMarch 24, 2019
I enjoyed the child I worked with a lot. There's nothing I would change, except for the parents I worked for. They expected a lot for the money I was paid. This job is definitely for a teenager... Just make sure you set your own ground rules for the parent's as it is YOUR business.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
no insurance, no pay stubs, bad pay, argumentive people
learning experiences and fun kids...
Professional Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 9, 2019
My experiences with Care.com has made me want to continue working as a Professional Caregiver. I took care of one boy with bipolar disorder and 2 other autistic young men.
Pros
Make my own schedule, help kids with disabilities, client's homes were close to my house
Cons
Not enough hours available, inconsistent days and/or hours
Good work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 26, 2019
Care.com was a pretty good place to work super easy to find clients and maneuver about the site. I really enjoyed it myself and I loved the families I got to work for.
I am in control of my own work space as a back up care giver.
Professional Child Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2019
I enjoy working for Care.com. The management team is great and always on top of everything. I also enjoy my work life balance because I make my own hours working part-time as a back up care giver.
Fun working enviorment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2019
With care.com you get to make your own schedule and work when you want. You can have 1 or 5 different profiles doing a variety of jobs. You van meet new people and make life time friends! I can't remember but I believe they do a background check on you so that's a bonus to people looking for caregivers, chauffeurs etc.
Pros
Work hours you want
Cons
Not steady income not good money
Good to pass the time
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 10, 2019
I did a hours on the side an it worked out for me at the time. I enjoy being a CNA so i like the fact I can make my our hr and work when I want and I can do home care which I love!
Fun workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 1, 2019
I enjoyed the opportunity to work with different types of children in which it educated me as well when it comes to different types of ways to care for them.
Pros
Free snack, activities with the kids
Cons
Not wnough pay
Help Seniors with daily living
Senior Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Little Egg Harbor, NJJanuary 25, 2019
Can some times be stressful working with Dementia people. I find it very rewarding to help people.Help with showers, preparing food, food shopping and various errands. Some light cleaning. Companionship and conversation.
Pros
Making client and spouse to live a better life
Cons
Not knowing how the client will be in a Dementia state at arrival time and/or during my visit.
False Ads
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZJanuary 24, 2019
This company posts false ads from "families". Yes, there are a few "real families" seeking help for their loved ones, however, look at the repetitive wording in these ads. I've been a nanny and caregiver for many, many years - I've never met 2 families in the real world who phrase their ads exactly the same. This company places fake ads (and they don't even take the time to switch out a few words to be somewhat believable) day after day trying to get care providers to think there are more positions available than there are. "New Job s In Your Area" - amazing what companies try to get away with - are the exact same posts, worded exactly the same, with the same "must love kids". Pathetic. Do some research before giving Care.com your hard earned money!
Cons
Most ads are FAKE
met alot of cool new people and learn some new things
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 2, 2019
its kind of hit or miss with the jobs you get and also some people wouldnt call back or even pay the amount they are supposed to pay you which i feel isnt very fair.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no breaks not organized
Good
Infant Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 7, 2018
All stupid I believe the job is a very good and well managed company. Hours are bennifical and flexible. Well managed staffing and screening process is easy and effective in the ways of safety being accomplished.
Great experience
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 30, 2018
This is a fantastic job for those that wish to hold a caregiver position. I learned so much about children while working with Care.com. The families that I meet are awesome and I would never stop working for Care.com.
Great Company with Flexibility and Consistency
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2018
Care.com is a great flexible company to work for. They have provided me with reliable work throughout the years. I have been able to consistently find jobs in different cities with this company and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a oslif opportunistic legitimate company.
Pros
flexible
Cons
micromanage
Need Hours
Private Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2018
It's great being able to have multiple clients. In the morning the manager always lets the staff know if people have called out. This is a great chance to pick up extra shifts. Some of the clients have very specific and tedious needs. It would be great if the salary could reflect that.
Pros
Pick up extra clients
Cons
salary should reflect work required
Great place to really care about there employee.
Caregivers (Former Employee) –  United States Naval Academy, MDOctober 29, 2018
Great place to work, always in Compliance with accommodating there employee to the best of there satisfaction. Placing you with the right families home 'Assuring the family member as well quality service for there love one. Safe and Healthy Environment,
Pros
Having Safe great day full of fun at the Park .Child eat all there lunch return home safe.
Cons
NO Accidents to report child fell off swing, bump there head, want eat lunch don't want to go outside.