Care.com Employee Reviews for Childcare Provider

Found 82 reviews matching the search See all 1,134 reviews
Childcare
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAMay 21, 2019
I enjoyed working through care.com. it helped to make some money on the side with my busy schedule. I made friends with some parents and the children that I worked with.
Love caregiving-dissatisfied with Care.com
Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 13, 2019
I have worked in childcare for more than 10 years in licensed centers, and have often used Care.com for side jobs. I once was hired as a personal nanny for a year to a wonderful family. My problem is not with the job itself; I have made great connections (before all the changes to the site-I registered in 2009), and made some much needed extra money. My problem is with this site! They overcharge for membership, and make it extremely difficult to connect with and communicate with parents. They don’t let you show your phone number to contact in messages without premium, and don’t show your messages (sent or received) between you and the families you’re applying for positions with. Caregiving is not a high paying job! We as caregivers typically don’t have money to spend on a profile that doesn’t guarantee work! Especially for jobs that are very rarely consistent and long term! I wish Care.com would consider potential caregivers in how they run their site, and make it more user friendly. Sittercity isn’t as sophisticated a site, but I would recommend it over Care.com.
Pros
Sophisticated site
Cons
Not user-friendly, too expensive for caregivers to maintain membership
Great child care environment
Child Caregiver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2019
I found a great family to work with. The children were great and the environment with the family was comfortable.I'm currently working with the same family, they have welcome in into their family.
Fun for childcare
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 15, 2019
Easy website/app to use. Great way to get gigs whether they are date nights or long term. Would recommend to anybody looking to work in the childcare industry.
Very easy going
Child Care Provider/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXMarch 10, 2019
It's different with every family. It helped me to gain some work experience. It is great to use when looking for a consistent side job or even just an occasional job.
RE" Working was rewarding
Senior and Child Care, Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2019
I was able to meet various clients in need of care.

I enjoyed every opportunity afforded me.

The application was useful for people and potential clients to review my resume as well as to conduct a background check.
Fun and challenging workplace
Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJanuary 30, 2019
The workplace was a fun place to work with many challenges as well as many great experiences. the job was a great way for me to meet people and get my foot in the business world.
Pros
fun, good pay, challenges
Cons
stressful at times
Super fun experience working with this company!
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 24, 2019
Best job I've had so far! Co-workers were amazing including the managers, we were like a little work family, always there to help each other at any time, the clients were also amazing super fun to work with.
Great When Families Follow Up
Child Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 9, 2019
Loved my Job with Care.com. I am currently looking for other positions with this company. When you are hired by a family you can work full or part time. There is flexibility and many positions normally available.
Pros
Fun, Get to play all day
Cons
At the will of the families, most jobs are temporary
Easy going work place / sometimes stressful
Childcare provider (Current Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 8, 2018
I did childcare for 3 children under the age of 6. It was a summer job but I still work once a week or when I'm needed. The job was sometimes stressful but nothing more then I can handle
Pros
Being around children
Cons
Not much time for breaks when watching young children!
It was fun, and I learned so much. Rewarding job.
Professional Childcare Assistant and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2018
I would pick up the kids from school, and we would do homework. After homework, we would play outside or go to the park or pool. I learned how to mange young children, and there were lots of multi tasking. I would also cook for the kids and get them ready for bed if I had to stay late one night. The hardest part was keeping them entertained hours on end. The most enjoyable part was seeing the kids connecting with me and all of just having fun.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
not enough pay and not enough hours.
flexible, friendly working with families local to home
Childcare - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Allendale, NJSeptember 27, 2018
The families I worked for are friendly, kind and caring. We get along nicely working out difficult schedules and activities times. I enjoyed working Full time, early mornings and getting done by 4pm. The family treated me like part of the family and I as well feel the same towards them.
Pros
local, flexible, paid well
Cons
never new start time, end time of work day till day before or at the end of the day when they arrived home.
Great site to find childcare job opportunities
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Charlton, MAAugust 27, 2018
It was a great way to find jobs in the area for childcare. I loved that I could have my daughter with me and even be able to work from home too. It was a great way to get experience and hope I find another job from care.com soon.
Care.com-my experience
Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 22, 2018
Finding a job is extremely hard on care.com unless you have certifications and degrees. Not a super teen friendly place. (NOt because of care.com, but because the families on it usually deny teens.)

You pick your own schedule and apply to jobs you think will work. They do allow professional and nonprofessional pay between families and the caregiver.

Side jobs are also available on the site.
great time with children
Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAAugust 9, 2018
I kept multiple children each day sometimes weeks at a time, mostly depending on when their parent needed me. I absolutely love working with children. I was able to work from home. I turned my home into a small daycare easily.
Pros
company for my child, Decent pay
Cons
Getting attached to children then them move off or when i moved
busy
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 2, 2018
its a great place to work if you're just starting out in your career, you learn how to do many things that will eventually help you. other than i have no complaints
Competitive but good experiences
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 20, 2018
I have dealt with a few difficult families, one which actually did not pay me for my services which is the reason for me leaving. This job however did give me great personal experiences and has taught me a lot through the 3 years.
good
Child Care (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 29, 2018
It is a fine service that allows people who need childcare to interact with people willing to provide the service. Every person is different, so you have to find the family that works best for you
There are all sorts of opportunities through this site
Child Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAMay 29, 2018
I love care.com and have had many great experiences through this website. I have met many families and children that I will have forever relationships with.
Pros
flexibility, various opportunities
Taught me a lot
Nanny/ Child Care (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAMay 25, 2018
I learned how to be a parent without actually being a parent. It showed me how to be patient with kids and how to handle situations i never thought i would know how to handle.