Care.com Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 1,126 reviews
The workplace was professional
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJMarch 24, 2019
The work place was professional, but the clients that I would clean for were rude and had handled me like I was one of their slaves. I don't want to speak for everyone who has had a housekeeping job under care.com, but I feel that my cliental that I had experienced were not very polite for what i was doing for them. I enjoy meeting new people and experiencing the way other people live and I learned a lot about other cultures while working with care.com, but i would not recommend it out.
Pros
Great money, simple working
Cons
Not much hours, Rude clients
Great experience
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2019
I like it. Your working for yourself. Its easy to make contact with potential employers and easy for them to contact you. Many different jobs to choose from.
Pros
self employed
verry fun and productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 13, 2019
it was a fun way to make some side money but im looking for something new its always great to change things up ive never had a problem with this website very friendly people would recommend
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
more for a side job not a full time thing
Ok
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, PAMarch 10, 2019
You need to pay for the jobs you seek!
It’s very limited as a free member you aren’t able to contact people unless they are paid members and they are less likely to see your resume or message if you aren’t a paid member resulting in a slim chance of getting a job or even a reply at times.and have to pay for background checks instead of uploading yourself.
Pros
Easy to use
Cons
Paid members are favored and free members are left to fend for themselves
Nice,fun place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 22, 2019
I enjoyed working for care.com, although I didn't stay long. But the person who hired me was very nice and consistent with finding me jobs,and called me right away. When it was time for my pay she sent my money right away. If I could I would work for this company again.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Break whenever needed
It was a great experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 13, 2019
It was a great experience for me working with care.com because they made it pretty smooth and easy to work for them
You Also can choose how much or how little I want to work. The clients I have are awesome.
Professional ways to schedule
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDJanuary 2, 2019
it was overall a great place to work very professional nice way to get in contact with people to set up jobs, has benefits and great security measures
housekeeping on the website care.com
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CADecember 9, 2018
a very easy way to make money as long as the owner of the home is friendly and considerate. worked 8 hours a day from 3:00pm till 10:00pm after school every week day
Pros
easy money
Cons
long hours of cleaning
Professional
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2018
The website care.com is easy to navigate and appropriate for most ages. Excellent resource if looking for part time, full time, or temporary employment.
good work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
If you want a job there are plenty out there for you. The pay is kind of low and you must work several jobs to survive. The employers are good for the most part but some scammers are out there.
Pros
plenty of jobs
Cons
scammers
Great place for part time work
Housekeeper - Bowie, Lanham, Crownsville (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 13, 2018
Care.com is a great place to find work in your area. Jobs are competitive but there are a lot of listings that you can apply to. Perfect for making your own schedule and working the hours you need.
Very orgainized
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2018
Get right to work so the day go by fast tips was giving offten the hardest part to me was the trash taking it all the way around the block other than that it waa peacful
Pros
Break when needed
You pick your jobs
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Islip, NYFebruary 24, 2018
You get to pick the jobs you would like to work for but the only downside is waiting to see if the people answer you back. I liked that there is so many jobs to look at.
Pros
pick the jobs that sound good to you
Cons
don't always get the people to answer you back
Good job for students
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 20, 2018
I worked as a cleaning person for a young couple. I went over every Wednesday at 8am and performed a set list of tasks that took anywhere from 2-5 hours. I was paid a set wage for the tasks done since my timing varied. Was paid with cash or venmo by homeowners request.
Comfortable Job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2018
Self employed and very easy to use and do when have other things to manage in life.Get the ability to show off your own experiences and still get paid fairly!
Great families, great pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJanuary 6, 2018
I cleaned a few houses in Malibu who happened to be celebrities, and I loved it. I like cleaning anyways, which is weird, but if gets me out of my head, and I am sort of OCD. I cleaning all rooms, bathrooms, kitchen, took trash out, did dishes, laundry, helped out at parties, pretty much did everything they asked of me. I also babysat too. I got paid great, and a lot of the houses I cleaned would pay me extra because I always did a thorough and great job. I loved babysitting, and have babysat since I was legally able to. I met a lot of great people, and had a lot of fun.
Pros
extra pay, meeting people
Cons
intense work
There were many job opportunities at care.com
Housekeeper I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2017
I found most of the employers at care.com very nice and easy to work for most of the time. I never had a shortage of jobs at the care.com site. I would definitely recommend care.com.
Pros
Many jobs
Cons
Some of the employers were tough to deal with
usefull
home health /house keeping/errands (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 30, 2017
this gives me a great place to find work it allows me to pick from many fields to work from this is good for someone like me who has many skills to offer
Pros
easy to apply
Cons
takes time to get work sometimes
Never any REAL work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 12, 2017
I have been a member for 2 years. I have had met more scammers than actual people to work for. It is hard to find any work at all. They also want you to use credits. So if you don't have enough credits you can't apply to a job and they want you to pay for it to apply. So stupid when half the people on there are scammers.
Pros
Find hours that work for you
Cons
Scammers, credits
great fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 20, 2017
this was a very physical job lots of work to do. very fast paced when doing this job you had to be constant with cleaning and very organized also detailed but overall just something i love to do so made the job easy and fun.
Pros
daily exercise
Cons
healthy living