Care.com

United States1,739 reviews

Found 1,739 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,769 reviews
nannybabysittingchildkidwebsitefamilyparentnannying

Flexible Job!

The best thing about working with Care.com is the amount of flexibility. I can choose when and where I want to work. However, if working for one-time jobs only you will have difficulty getting regular income. Best for finding nanny jobs or weekly babysitting positions.

Pros

flexible

Cons

job security

Ok pay

We Provide Top Quality Daycare Education to Infant To School Age. Call a center today. Loving care & customized learning. Build a strong educational and social foundation.

Care.com insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Good Pay

Its a good place to find a babysitter. Some ads-people wants to pay under the minimum wage and want you to do all (babysit, clean, cook and laundry) beware of this people.Care doesn’t offer any support.

Great team, horrible pay

The part timers at this company are treated like second class citizens. Part timers are excluded from many of the perks the company advertises and we are left out of important company meetings. Since being hired 5 years ago I’ve had to work every major holiday including Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Management is awesome with 0 micromanaging. Benefits are excellent and some positions offer unlimited PTO. This is a good company for employees with kids that need some flexibility. The ability to take time off as needed is amazing, of course within reason.

Pros

Pto, 401K match

Cons

Pay could be better

perfect if you love kids!

Working as a nanny has been my favorite job. It can be a very demanding job, but it’s also very rewarding. It’s all about finding a family that you love.

Easy and safe way to get a nannying job

Many resources were given for me to succeed in being hired for a nanny position. They made it a safe and easy process. There were also many options to show your schedule and many ways for others to reach out to hire you.

Pros

Many options

Cons

Pay to use monthly or yearl\y

Rewarding job

I've been a care.com member for 9 years and I love meeting new families and caring for the kids. Being able to set your own schedule or at least be flexible with your schedule with the family or families you are working with helps out a lot especially if you have another job on the side or just other priorities you may have besides working with the family.

Care.com is cool. Nannying is terrible

nannying is a horrible job, even if you have a "good" family. theres never any back up in case of an emergency and its extremely pressuring and stressful.

Stressful

It be the parents not the kids. Kids will be kids it is what it is but these parents are something else. They made the job more complicated than had to be

great for stay at home moms who want extra income.

great place to start looking for jobs if you're good with kids and want additional income. I have used this site for 5 years now and will continue to use.

Pros

work/life balance

Cons

some people you work aren't the best.

Great opportunity

You can go at your own pace. At times you may get a client that will not work correctly with you, but you usually get pretty great clients. They look up to you. Gotta be dependable for sure. Meet the clients first before entering home because you never know what you may walk into. It's an amazing experience working for yourself through care.com though. I definitely recommend as side job

Pros

Great work

Cons

Short breaks

Fun

I learned so much from being a nanny. However, if you do not have similar parenting styles with the child’s/ childrens’ your job with have awkward challenges.

Great Job Board

Found a great family to nanny for through care.com! Very easy to apply to various jobs. Wish you didn’t have to pay but still worth it once you find the right job!

Not a place to work!!!!

Care.com stands for there employees being treated poorly by families and are not willing to fix issues and do not respond in a timely manner. When a family did not pay for a service I provided and could prove I was told oh well and they let the family still us there website to get services. I lost time, money, and gas. I have a family to support. With care.com there is NO job security and if something happens care.com will not help you to resolve any issues. There is as well no communication with a good customer service department! There is a phone number to call, but it refers you to the website then hangs up. Very disappointing that I paid to use this website to get extra work for money for my family to be out! Don't waste your time working for a company that doesn't care about there users. The website also crashes a lot and doesn't work right!

Pretty straightforward.

Site is very simple to use- upload your profile pic, bio, and availability, and then start looking for families in your area. It's entirely up to you to negotiate pay and benefits, the site itself is great simply for connecting with potential employers but the rest is up to you.

Caregiver position

Wonderful case. Care.com provides a great service for people. Helps you to work the type of cases you enjoy. They cut out the middle man and you're options are wide open.

Is a Good company

You could choose your own schedule with a lot of flexibility to work when you want or is convenient . Also back up care works great for people that wants a extra income

Amazing Start up environment!

I love the team we have built as an organization and the leadership as a whole. Going to meet everyone in Denver was one of the best experiences of my life.

Pros

Paid travel, amazing pay structure for the inside reps.

Cons

Its a start up company and we are always faced with Challenges

Depends on the family

I worked as a nanny through care.com as a nanny and my experience was pretty good because the family was pretty good. Keep in mind that this was years ago, I know that the platform is different now, but when I was using care.com everything was free mostly and the platform was easy to use.

Great place to connect with families or companies looking to find kind caring caregivers. Have the ability to pick a company that will place you with a family or personally search for families in need of a caregiver available during you free schedule times.

Pros

flexible hours great pay

Cons

website issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight