Care.com

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Care.com Employee Reviews

Found 1,021 reviews matching the search See all 1,039 reviews
work at my pace
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 15, 2019
fun, I love what I do and all the people I work with clients I work with
they're respectful and are very understanding(clients). if I have to miss a day I don't get 3rd degree or fired
Care.com
Part Time Nanny / Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Sayville, NYFebruary 15, 2019
Care. com was fine with getting jobs, but when it came to my experience with the mothers on care.com I came into trouble. The amount of work that was expected for the amount of pay was very different.
I am in control of my own work space as a back up care giver.
Professional Child Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2019
I enjoy working for Care.com. The management team is great and always on top of everything. I also enjoy my work life balance because I make my own hours working part-time as a back up care giver.
Taking care of children
Nanny and Dog sitter (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAFebruary 14, 2019
I would get to work and usually follow the list whether its was errands or chores. Play both indoor and outdoor activities. Read books and help with homework if needed. Make sure to have lunch/ dinner for them. And do sing alongs and dance alongs. Making sure they take their naps. I love working with children I enjoy teaching them new activities.
Pros
Teaching little ones new things.
RE" Working was rewarding
Senior and Child Care, Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2019
I was able to meet various clients in need of care.

I enjoyed every opportunity afforded me.

The application was useful for people and potential clients to review my resume as well as to conduct a background check.
Great way to find a nanny, tutor, pet care, and even senior care!
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Hillard, FLFebruary 14, 2019
My typical day at work was fun! I got to play with two little boys and learned different things to help me in life. I would prepare meals at least once a week for the boys. I would have to make sure that they completed their reading assignments and would get them to help keep the house cleaned. I learned not to let the boys push me around, I had to be the one to make final decisions not letting the boys persuade me in any direction, I learned what it is like taking care of twins, and I learned time management, having to be somewhere at a certain time.
Good for college students!
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 13, 2019
I love working with kids, being a nanny through care.com has so far been the best fit for my current life. I love the pay and flexibility. Being able to choose a job that works for my schedule is amazing.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
Fun working enviorment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2019
With care.com you get to make your own schedule and work when you want. You can have 1 or 5 different profiles doing a variety of jobs. You van meet new people and make life time friends! I can't remember but I believe they do a background check on you so that's a bonus to people looking for caregivers, chauffeurs etc.
Pros
Work hours you want
Cons
Not steady income not good money
Review
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 11, 2019
Nothing. to write about care.com. because it was a temporary job that i can work when ever i want to. so it was basically a part-time, temporary job that i had.
Flexible Hours
Nanny/Household Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Care.com allowed me to have flexible hours based on the jobs chosen but bad pay that didn't fit the cost of living, no true proof of income, and no background checks on families looking to hire, leaving babysitters and nannies to fend for themselves.
Good to pass the time
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 10, 2019
I did a hours on the side an it worked out for me at the time. I enjoy being a CNA so i like the fact I can make my our hr and work when I want and I can do home care which I love!
every family is different
NANNY (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Working with different families will result in different ratings. some families are calm and easy going, others are chaotic and unorganized. this is a job for someone is is willing to constantly adapt and think quick.
good
Nanny/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dover, NJFebruary 6, 2019
Good part time work. worked well with college classes, flexible hours is a plus, wide variety. Great to gain experience for your resume. Every day was a new experience.
Pros
great experience and great flexibility.
Cons
non
House cleaning
House cleaning (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLFebruary 4, 2019
excellent work, I work with a lot of exquisite cleaning of bathrooms, kitchens, windows, floors, cabinets, in short of everything that is a cleaning and order of the house,
Pros
Free lunch
flexible but not secure
personal tutor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 3, 2019
As a full time student at the time I really enjoyed having such a flexible schedule. However, working so little throughout the week as a tutor for one family did not allow me to make enough money sufficient for living. It did give me experience in my desired field but the job was just not secure enough.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
more of a side job
Good learning experience
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Lake County, ILFebruary 2, 2019
Although the job field is very rewarding, there are many challenges due to the lack of professional environments provided. The caregiver's job is dependent on the need and things could be changed at any minute.
Pros
Good experience, good hours at times
Cons
Inconsistency, lack of professionalism
Awful management/HR
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 2, 2019
Care.com management is awful. I was let go for no reason. NO reason. I have cared for multiple families and enjoyed doing so. When I called to ask WHY care.com banned my membership I wasn't given an answer. It had NOTHING to do with my job ability because I work for a church. Disappointed in my experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Bad magagement
good beginner job
Part Time Babysitter - Bambino babysitting (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 1, 2019
Depends on who you work with. you can choose your days to work, and who you want to work with. But Babysitting is unpredictable........................
Pros
choose schedule
Cons
unpredictable
Fun workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 1, 2019
I enjoyed the opportunity to work with different types of children in which it educated me as well when it comes to different types of ways to care for them.
Pros
Free snack, activities with the kids
Cons
Not wnough pay
Great temporary job!
Elementary School Tutor and Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Care.com allows you to earn extra money every week through freelance tutoring and babysitting. While the benefits are limited, it can be an amazing opportunity.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Not enough hours available to work