Career Connections Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Slow, Inconvenient, and outdated policies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 12, 2018
This place wastes every involved party's time by requiring two supervisory references. You will not find this at other agencies. Many supervisors simply do not have the time or are not permitted to speak about you. This place needs to catch up to the 21st century.
Pros
Cons
time wasting, not able to adapt
Great work experience
Greeter/Temp (Former Employee) –  Herkimer, NYDecember 13, 2017
Enjoyed the time I worked there. Enjoyed the enployees and creating my own hours. It was a slow paced work environment. I made use of my time while I was there.
productive fun learning enviroment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VANovember 30, 2017
I loved my job there! I looked forward to going to work every single day! My days were amazing, a wonderful job. My days were always stress free and relaxing. Management was amazing, I learned a lot of new things. Things I can take with me to make myself and my future brighter and better. I loved every single thing about my job.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
Can be a good starting place for job seekers.
Scanner Operator (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHJuly 25, 2017
Be specific about the type of job(s) you are interested in. Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you are unhappy with a job, talk to someone at Career Connections.
Cons
No paid vacations or holidays.
Great way to get side jobs when you're available
"Floor Restoration Specialist" (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 3, 2017
I got a job here one summer when I really needed some side-jobs to bring in extra money. Luckily I quickly was hired for temp jobs here and there. The management here was always professional and friendly!
Pros
easy to apply and get side-jobs
Cons
temp work only
Fun workplace
Career connection inc (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WADecember 27, 2016
With cci i had to answer any calls forwarded to me, and i had to assist the customer with whatever there needs were, whether it was a software problem, a network problem, a problem with there bills, etc etc, and i had to do it in a timely manner as politely as possible.
Pros
Calm work environment
Cons
Terrible management
Productive Work Day
Truck Driver Assisant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work is waking up early mornings and getting your body ready to lift, pull and push things most of the day.
Not good
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 15, 2016
This companies management staff was very unprofessional and poorly structured. They had the most complaints because they could not keep up and accurate process the payroll.
Great temporary employment to help me network and find opportunities after graduation.
Career Peer Educator PLU (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work consists of taking inventory of office supplies and making any necessary orders, meeting with students and staff in one-on-one meetings to go over ways to build and enhance their professional portfolio. Resume edits, cover letter tutorials, simulate mock interviews, discuss dressing attire and self advertisement.

I learned to work with a diverse range of people with varying backgrounds, building my communication skills and flexibility as well as being adaptable in conveying and utilizing services with those I have met to ensure they have a positive experience.

The best part about this job is learning and growing every time I meet with staff and students about how to personalize themselves into their professional portfolio and make that appealing and employable to employers. Helping people feel good and confident in approaching job searches with the materials we have work on building together.

My co-workers are fantastic, cohesive and efficient collective. When we need extra help with work related projects such as advertisements or event promotions we can reach out and connect with each other for support.
Pleasant and encouraging staff.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHApril 22, 2015
This was a part time position and I was intimidated at the beginning at the prospect of death. However the social worker calmed my spirits and encouraged me along the way. I became very appreciative of the work that Hospice do for the patient and their families. I have a new respect for the nurses and other professionals who work for establishments like these. I would recommend Hospice care highly.
Great work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 11, 2014
Print doctor’s schedules for the next appointment day
Pull patient charts appropriate to doctor’s schedule
File patient charts
Pros
Cons
no job security
Productive and fun work place with a relaxed atmosphere
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IowaJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work involves clicking away on the computer and a phone to your ear. It is busy but laid back. The goal at the end of the day is to secure job candidates for client employers and helping improve the lives of others and assist in the productivity of our client employers.
Great JOb
Customer (Former Employee) –  Norcross,GeorgiaApril 28, 2014
primary responsibilities include: answering and responding to inbound calls/emails in a timely and professional manner, properly documenting those interactions in the appropriate tracking system, escalating issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner, sustain currency of work instructions and related process changes.
•Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
• Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems.
•Diagnoses, identifies, isolates and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists.
•Provides technical support as required in data management, document control, computer support, project control, and other related areas.
Staffing Specialist Role
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 10, 2014
Responsibilities: Meet staffing goals in a timely efficient manner.Screen and identify qualified applicants for position. Organize testing for all applicants. Conduct daily phone interviews and full-screen face to face interviews with applicants. Communicate with hiring manager and management team. Participate in job fairs and networking events in the community Verify employment qualifications which include background checks Handle general HR duties, completion of I-9 and verifying all legal documents are completed.Hold weekly orientation for selected applicants: Which includes powerpoint presentation, facility tours and completion of new hire paperwork
Staff support/Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2014
I really enjoyed working there. I just thought that I couldn't still do the job properly in my condition.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
ok environment
Technical Support Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Norcross gaJuly 8, 2013
not a good company never sure almost like temp service
3795 Data Drive
Norcross Ga 30092
All Day Friendly Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 2, 2012
Very diverse
I learned to wear many hats.
Management was approachable
Co-workers were supportive
Hardest part of the job was IT support getting back to me 2-3 days later.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the odors of the fragrances manufactured on site.
Pros
fragrance testers to take home
Cons
chasing down approvals
work at a quality place
Grinder/Deburrer (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNMay 29, 2012
I liked working with Career Connections. The job that Career connections put me with was great. I just wish that they didn't run out of work.
Pros
great pay and people
Cons
not able to listen to music.
Poor
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  IBM LOCATIONMay 9, 2012
inbound calls doing tech support for Apple iPhones and iPads, iPods, they treat employees really horribly. No benefits or competitive salary
Pros
tech support
Cons
everything, location, advancement, compensation
productive good atmosphere
Temporary Advance Typist/Word Processor (WV-DHHR) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 25, 2012
great work atmosphere
everyone worked well together
there was always work to do