Career Education Corporation Employee Reviews

poor company exploiting people with false dreams
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 16, 2018
high pressure company selling dreams of high paying careers with a degree from their online university. Company has been in a lot of trouble for poor academics in the past.
no fun
Senior Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 4, 2018
Force to lie to students about the school.
the hours are selected for. the manager have favorites. The staff is not always telling you what is where you stan.
National Admissions Advisor - CTU (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 15, 2018
Management really works with the employees and listens to concerns. They do their best to make it a fun work environment and show their appreciation for your work.
Fun place to work. Made many life-long friends.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 10, 2018
Enjoyed teaching and inspiring non-traditional students. I met so many people that inspired me to do and be my best. I owe my ability to understand diversity to the exposure at CEC.
Entry level
Student Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 7, 2018
Great entry level job with not much advancement or raises. Management structure is lacking. Workplace culture is good for first couple of years then feel no growth.
Great place to work!
Associate Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 5, 2018
Great place of employment with lots of opportunities to advance. The benefits are wonderful and the company is extremely understanding of home life situations.
Good stepping stone for corporate work environment
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 5, 2018
In my opinion, management is lacking. You will never get a straight answer from any management, origination skills needs to be updated and they need to see the value in their employees.
Pros
easy work
Cons
management
Little security
National Chair for Design and Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 5, 2018
I worked very hard at Career Education Corporation and tried to make a difference in my area. However, it soon became obvious that this business unit was failing financially. I was a number at Career Education; rather than re-frame my skill set, they simply let my entire department go.
Pros
On site restaurant, beautiful building
Cons
Long hours and lack of job security
Good most of the time
Inquiry Response Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 24, 2018
Overall a good company in an industry that has faced scrutiny from the public. Many of the internal issues are a result from a hive mind since a majority of leadership has degrees from it's own universities, there needs to be diversity to thrive and grow.
Relocating
Student Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 18, 2018
Good place to work. Management team works well together. A lot of opportunity to grow and develop. Hardest part of the job is getting people trained up fast enough to make an impact without them getting overwhelmed.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Compensation
great friendly people
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 13, 2018
casual dress code, middle management is open to new ideas, freedom to relate to potential students on a personal level, it does have gratifications with helping students by choosing their education programs
Pros
opportunity for overtime
Cons
micro managed by your computer
Drains the life out of you but pays well
Sr. National Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 13, 2018
If it wasn't for the compensation and benefits I would not have lasted more than a year. I was able to complete my Masters degree for almost free and if it was not for this I would have left sooner. The environment is unrealistic especially as online education is more highly regulated, and they are not afraid to replace tenured advisors with new hires to save money.
Pros
compenstion, benefits, free college tuition
Cons
environment, management, lack of leadership, lack of advancement
Great place
Business Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 3, 2018
Great place to work if you are a new BA. I would have stayed longer but needed to find a position that would increase my pay and understand how to increase my knowledge.
Cec
Campus President (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Career Education Corporation located in Schaumsburg, Ill provides employees with good benefits, excellent salary and job growth and opportunity. It also allows for movement throughout the country,
Pros
Interesting work
Not impressed
Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2018
I was a work study student in the Financial Aid office. The people and environment was great, and while the experience was awesome, the company itself is what I have a problem with, especially in the areas of aid to students post graduation.
Overall, CEC was a good company to work for.
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Career Education is a fast paced buisness. The calls can fluxuate from slow to fast, withing a minute. The business demands professionalism. I learned to work at a fast pace and deal with abusive students. The culture is exceptional. We are all family. The hardest part of the job is making sure the correct student is placed on a Do Not Call List if you have an influx of calls. The best part of the job is speaking with different people and trying to get them enrolled in school.
I am uncomfortable with companies which promote unethical behavior.
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 27, 2018
I am uncomfortable with companies which promote unethical behavior. There were unethical decisions/acts committed by management which I do not care to discuss publicly. I am uncomfortable with companies which promote unethical behavior
Ctu
National Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 23, 2018
Not much to say about this company except. I felt like I was selling too expensive of a degree program, to people that could not effort it. The one pro about this company is the pay is pretty good.
Stressful
National Senior Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 23, 2018
Worked in the admission department which was a revolving door. Management always down your throat in meeting daily and weekly sales (regardless of you making your sales goals) Sales Driven Environment with goals that need to be met and if not made you will be fired. No work life balance they expect you to work 40 hours a week plus every other weekend and OT with some late nights until 9pm.
Working for Career Education Corporation has been relaxed and enjoyable and not that hard.
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2018
If your looking for a laid back chilled job then this is definitely the job for you. You sit on the phone the whole time when your not on your break. It's a easy way to make some money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Career Education Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight