Career Path Services Employee Reviews

Different Job sites
Janitor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  SpokaneJanuary 25, 2019
Career Path was a nice place to work for. I was one of their clients and they helped me to gain job experience. They gave me a chance to work in an office rather than the labor-intensive jobs that I have had in the past.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Was limited to 20 hours per week
Great Non Profit
CASE MANAGER - EMPLOYMENT PRACTITIONER (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 23, 2018
A typical day at work consists of client meetings, assessment, data entry and filing. I have learned a lot about the needs of low income families, the workforce in this area, and personal career development based off my strengths. The workplace culture is inclusive and supportive. The hardest part of the job prioritizing tasks daily and still provided a great service to customers without missing deadlines. The most enjoyable part is the support you get from direct supervisor and senior management. Career Path is a great company to work for and they really do invest in the growth of their employee's.
Pros
4 day work week, great vacation hours
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities
good
Welder Inter (Former Employee) –  Shelton, WASeptember 11, 2018
good to get expriance in a feild you would like to workin and get paid. and the employer get free work to. it not a long term job but good for when you get out of school
good
Cons
low pay
Great Company
Intern (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2018
Great company really helps out their employees. Pays minimum wage unlike some employers around town trying to bend the rules to their favor. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.
Great place to work.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 5, 2018
Great people doing important work in the local community. Very positive work culture that comes from the senior leadership on down. I would not have left the company if I didn't have to.
Wonderful Culture
EMPLOYMENT PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 21, 2018
The purpose of Career Path Services is to help get people back to work, and people are very important to the company. Their company is set-up with this in mind, in relation to their employees as well.
Pros
Great company, employees are valued
Cons
staffing is based on state funding which is not guaranteed
Very slow paced and boring
Resource Room Intern (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 5, 2018
The resource room was very slow paced and boring, however, I really did enjoy the people I worked for and the people I worked with. I really did enjoy helping people find job listings that applied to their qualifications and helping them with their resumes.
Interesting and busy place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 3, 2018
While this workplace was sometimes hectic and very fast paced which could be stressful, it was also a very interesting place to work where I learned a lot of valuable skills and was never bored due to the variability of the job duties. The corporate culture practiced here also made for one of the best environments I have ever worked in and there was very little in the way of office politics which I found refreshing.
Pros
Excellent fringe benefits, paid staff retreats, option for a four-day work week for certain positions, very understanding and caring supervisory and upper management departments
Cons
Could at times be a very busy and demanding workplace, definitely not for the unprepared or faint-of-heart
front office reception
Front Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 16, 2018
It is quiet at times, the people that work here are great in their own way, i noticed that there are some days clients come in they aren't sure who to speak to so that's when i make a call and get them to the correct case manager.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no button for the doors to open automatically for handicap access.
great set up
Assistant Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 9, 2018
They set me up with a lovely part time internship job that paid me minimum wage while I was under the age of 18. They set this up for me very quickly.
n/a
Program Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 25, 2018
Great place to work. Unfortunately they are federally funded and I lost my position due to loss of funds, other than that it has been a great experience.
Productive work place
Receptionist/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 22, 2017
A typical day of work is mainly answering multi phone lines, and directing callers to the right person. Handled and sorted through mail on a daily basis.
Career Path Services
Office Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 7, 2017
I love working for Carreer Path Services. I couldnt ask for a better job! My work schedule is very flexable and all of my co-workers are amazing. One of the best jobs I'd ever had.
office
Office (Former Employee) –  Omak, WAJuly 7, 2017
learned a lot working for this company, very helpful staff and able to learn new things. hours are flexible, Mon-Thurs 7am-5pm, no work on holidays as well as paid.
Gained experience
Com Program Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 17, 2017
I had the opportunity to temporarily work with Career Path Services, I really wish I could of stayed on. Everyone is so dedicated to their clients and wants to see everyone become successful. It's a very friendly environment, great people :)
Educational place to work
Technical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 16, 2017
fast paced, educational, friendly staff management, staff works well together,awesome work with the disabled , great outreach programs
n/a
Employment Practitoner (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 28, 2016
good mgmt structure.

hard to work with others in office who are doing the same work yet making substantially more. Literally the same work.
New Expierence
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAJanuary 2, 2016
Government program, that would help you get employment experience if you didn't have any. Would also help you get off welfare. Which was and is very helpful.
Pros
Paid holiday
Cons
not perminent
Demanding, Rewarding, and Stressful
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 9, 2015
There is no typical day for a Practitioner at Career Path Services. One day you might get a job for a client and then the same day receive a call from an employer stating that a client you placed was terminated or laid off, sometimes without any sort of indication that a problem was looming.

The hardest part of the job is often finding a way to communicate or educate a potential employer on the benefits of hiring an individual with a developmental disability or someone with a felony.

I would say, most of the practitioners are in the field because they have a passion for making a difference in the lives of those they serve.

To much micromanagement, work/life balance is stated but not realized.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
To much micromanagement, work/life balance is stated but not relaized
Wonderful place with a great mission
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 30, 2015
I loved working at Career Path. It was a great experience. I worked with wonderful people that really wanted to help others in times of need. They had a mission and everyone I worked with worked hard to fulfill that mission to the best of their abilities.