Career Quest Learning Center Employee Reviews

Stay away
Medical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 2, 2018
You are unappreciated and if your students like you, you will get terminated....

Its not worth my time to talk about Career Quest. I feel bad for the students they do not get anywhere near the education they pay for. I went above and beyond for my students and management does not like that. I would strongly suggest anyone to stay away front there.
For Profit School
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 29, 2018
The Learning Center put great emphasis on taking money without giving training or skills to their students. It is a poor value in the computer studies area...although it is excellent place to review for a certification but not for someone just starting in the field.
I truly enjoyed the interaction with my students and helping them to understand concepts that they had never even dreamed about. However, there were many faculty that just walked off the job. They have an high turnover rate of qualified faculty members
Diverse and inclusive workplace that is focused on creating productivity through positivity.
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 6, 2018
Career Quest has been a great place to work so far. It is a very inclusive environment where everyone is on the same page or at least tries to be. We have frequent meetings and daily interactions with management who provide clear expectations of job duties. The Managers work hand in hand with staff to achieve goals and objectives. They seem to reward hard work and dedication along with great communication and teamwork with advancent opportunities. Most of the people who work here are genuinely kind and are willing to help each other in any way they can. Can be a little chaotic at times due to the nature of being in the educational and service industries. Pay is good and benefits are also. Schedule is gravy. Overall if your friendly, flexible and like helping people you may find a great career.
Pros
Pay, benefits, culture, advancement opportunities
Cons
Fast-paced, Metrics
N/a
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 19, 2018
Numbers driven.
Didn't supply the tools to accomplish the expectation.
Culture changed upon new management in December. Right back to 2012 culture.
Care more about the enrollment than the ability of the student.
The most enjoyable part was some of the coworkers.
I did learn that if you are promoted to beware. There will be no training. Its like being set up for failure. They call that work place bulling. They have room for advancement if they like you. Not based on your ability or knowledge.
Stay away
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 27, 2018
In the time that I was employed, there were 4 Executive level changes. Changes in curriculum and functions were made on a whim, implemented way to fast and the burden of blame went to the employees who were supposed to deliver a grand product, when the product was either not complete, riddled with errors or just not accurate at all. It is a very cut-throat environment. If management like you, you will be fine. If you are of any kind of threat to them ( by being smart, current, offer ideas), your time is limited. If you are a puppet, they will be your puppet master and you will be fine. If you want to be your own person, give ideas, have your voice heard, work hard, invest your life and if you really care about the quality of education the students are receiving, this is not your place. The smoke and mirrors of " It Begins With You", is just that. This place is only for people who can handle watching unethical things happen daily, not say anything about it, and continue on like all is rosy. If you have a conscience, I would stay far far away.
Pros
Helping students you can
Cons
Management, Executive Management- Totally Blind
great place to go
student (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI 48910February 1, 2018
great place to go loved the people the professors are all really nice and financial deportment helped a lot with the cost of going. they also worked great around my life.
Positive experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 29, 2017
Enjoy workjng at Career Quest. The changes they have made have been positive. The Instructors and the culture changes have been amazily diffetent than previously reported, also, we do so much for the community and the students love to be part of the giving process to the community. We are so much more than a employer/employee; they are family. I am excited to go to work everyday & make a difference in the students lifes. Proud to say I work for such a caring group of people. THE CEO IS A BULLY!!!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Wages but out weighs the love I have for the job
pharmacy technician instructor
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 18, 2017
Loved teaching the students and watching them develop and learn. It was a thrill to help them further their career. The curriculum was tough and the students put a lot of pressure on the students to pass.
Pros
students
Cons
not free to teach from experience.
Good pay, horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 24, 2017
I've never been more humiliated in my life working at this place. DOE, She publicly bashes employees. She should have been fierd along time ago. The way she treats students is ridiculous. The FA manager gives 2 craps about her faos and calls them liars to their face. Mangers are horrid to their employees. If u dont have person feels, ull do fine.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything!
Great Job, Poor Management
Medical Instructor - Full Time and adjunct (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 10, 2017
It is truly the CEO's fault management is so poor, as only behaviors that lead to immediately acquiring more money for the school are directly rewarded. This often means berating teachers and forcing them to do curriculum development with no extra pay or recognition for their efforts.
Welcoming Workplace where Hard Work is Recognized
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 20, 2017
In a relatively short time working at Career Quest it has become apparent that hard work and initiative will allow you to thrive in this environment. Great benefits and salary are among the least important positives to working with an amazing staff and even more fantastic management team. The work is difficult and if you aren't willing to put in your time, you will not be successful, but that is hardly unique to Career Quest.
Pros
Great management, Great pay, and Impactful work
Cons
Retention issues and shifting environment
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 12, 2017
Wonderful place to work. The culture is not what you'd expect, but its is truly a great place to work. The only reason I am looking for work, is I need a day shift 8-5 position and there isn't anything right now available here.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
pay
Do not recommend!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 11, 2017
Administration does not stand behind what they say. They act supportive of you and your success as an employer but this is not the case. Do not listen to what they say! Their main goal is a high number of graduating students. They have no real compassion towards their staff. Have a very high turnaround of staff at Career Quest. The high turnaround demonstrates no real investment of their staff nor students. It's a money game.
Pros
possible benefit package
Cons
you are just a number, do not take real stake in your employee status, all they care about is a high number of students graduating
I enjoy working here and I also enjoy the people
Teaching Assistant/Medical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 10, 2015
I really enjoy working here and the staff/faculty are great!

The job itself is very flexible so it works with my schedule and that's awesome!
Fun Enjoyable Experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed assisting students, and the instructor, the hardest part of this job was finding new ways to create issues for the students to learn specific hardware issues. The most enjoyable part of this job was that everyone passed the course.
you will regret it.
instructor (Former Employee) –  lansingSeptember 23, 2014
Horrible place to work because the DOE is incompetent. She treats you based on if she likes you personally or not. She is known to lie to get her way. No matter how much you like the job or students. ... DOE makes it difficult to really help them or be fair to them with her constant rule changes and demands. Plus you have to work a split shift. And they will force you to teach classes that you May or May not have had any training in yourself. They are so desperate they will let students abuse and verbally assault you and do nothing to keep enrollment . ... It's not worth it. ... Why do you think they are always hiring ?
Pros
attached to students. helping people change lives
Cons
catty women in charge. split shift . constant changes
Has Great Potential if Organized
Graduate of IT Program (Former Employee) –  Lansing SiteMay 16, 2014
I have talked to a lot of instructors and students, having been part of student association at the Lansing campus, and not many of them have good feelings about the school. Some issues being Instructors not being qualified in the class of which they are teaching,not having any materials to do lab projects, management not knowing anything about the program that they are managing, class schedules being in constant flux,staff stating that in CQ loans are not paid promptly that the school doors can be closed, if you are not current on your CQ payment that they will not help you find a job, and that you are forced to take your certification tests at the end of your six week class even if you want more time to study or if the instructors do not feel you are ready.
Pros
Can get thought program in 6-9 months, some instructors are very knowledgeable
Cons
Unorganized, in constant flux, staff and students feeling like numbers
Review of the hiring process
interested candidate for employment (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 26, 2014
I am beyond appalled at the way I've been treated in terms of the hiring process. I applied for a position but was hired for that position in another city in which I hadn't chosen. I had to decline the position they hired me for because of the travel requirement. I was then offered another position which I also had the experience for in my city but was suddenly denied the position without explanation. I was later called for the alternative position again because of course the person initially hired didnt workout. I was scheduled for an interview but was once again denied the position this time because of scheduling conflicts with school. I wasnt even contacted to be told this information I had to contact them! My interview was less than 24hrs away. My experience with Human Resources has been HORRIBLE. Its been unorganized, chaotic & unprofessional to say the least. Dont waste your time. I wasted 2 months of mines taking assessments, conversing with HR & being offered and denied employment 3 times. Disastrous
Cons
unorganized, unprofessional, chaotic
The Absolute Worst!!!!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 4, 2013
This company wants you to sell a student a 16 thousand dollar dream for a product that can be had for a quarter of the price at a community college. For profit schools have gotten a bad name and its place like this that have facilitated that description.
Management is going to behave as if the company is going out of business every day, every moment of your work week. They use high pressure tactics on their employees as well as students. When its all said and done what is promised isn't what is delivered.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, Product
productive and interesting
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MiNovember 5, 2013
I was able to engage with students from all different backgrounds and give them the confidence that they needed to become someone they could be proud of. Most of these students have been degraded their whole life and it was nice to be the one person that made a difference in their life.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
deleted my program