Career Strategies Employee Reviews

Good communications with this company
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 10, 2018
My typical day at work is 8 hours, with no o/t. I've learned a bit more about building maintenance, structure, fresh water piping systems, heating and ventilation systems, a minute amount of the electrical trade. I've also picked a minute amount of inventory experience, customer relations with this contractor company performing work orders on various aspects of apartment living quarters.
The work place culture is suitable enough for me to keep returning to this environment. It is a middle-class to low-income area comprising of military families and lower-income citizens which is relatively clean to work with everyday.
The hardest part of the day is more than likely tolerating a really bad, yet childish attitude from a couple of co-workers intending to spread bad will though out the day. That's something I don't tolerate too kindly.
Of course the most enjoyable part of the day for me is when i can get things accomplished with my co-workers or by myself in good order. A big part of that involves having the parts that I need to complete a job to feel that job satisfaction.
Pros
1 hr. lunch time
Cons
I don't like any type of catch-22 situations just like anything else in life.
Grat management team.
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 8, 2018
It was a great place to work for for the time that I was there . I traveled to multiple properties within the company. New experiencewith affordable housing. I felt at time it was very challenging and stressful. It felt like I was living on the edge. It was a time for change.
Pros
Always working
Cons
Stuck in a place, not happy with.
Not the best if you need a secure job.
Traveling Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2018
Typically you would have to call to ask for an assignment. Not the best if you are looking for a secure job. You encounter different type of managers. When you do call for questions or concerns they do their best to answer your phone call.
Amazing company
Area Recruiting Manager/Candidate Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 13, 2018
Career Strategies is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. I had an incredible mentor, a great team and was given the chance to be creative, learn new things, think outside the box, and even the chance to possibly find a way to stay with the company. They have bent over backwards for me in every way, and I felt valued and appreciated as an employee. If I could work here forever, I would, but had to relocate. I enjoyed working with the candidates, and met some amazing people who I know will go far in life. If you have a chance to work with or for Career Strategies, I would recommend taking it. You won't find a better group of people.
Pros
great team environment, weekly lunches, amazing mentors
Great temp work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 11, 2018
Career Strategies provides a great starting place for young people getting int the apartment leasing business. It gives you the chance to work in many different offices and experience various apartment environments.
Productive and Great opportunities
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2018
The management gives individuals opportunity to grow and learn. The hardest part is waiting for new assignments. When I speaking with any management always has finds a win win to any situation.
Pros
flexible to take time off
Cons
no medical
Great work enviorments
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2018
If you need a quick job and have time duri g the week to commute to various locations this job is for you, also if you dont mind working crazy hours & can get to work as needed
Great
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2018
I loved working here as a temp. I was taught so many new traits and qualities for different positions I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a quick job with great pay.
Temp Service
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2018
Good people to work for they need more contract they try to keep you working most job are just a few weeks.Its just a temp service for people with Career Goal,s
Pros
try to keep you working
Cons
temp service
Loved working for Career Strategies
Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 9, 2018
I started working with career strategies in 2010, they trained me and prepared me to go on assignments. I was hired on to a company in
2012 and returned to career strategies in 2018 to enhance my career. I must say the staff is amazing always friendly and always makes you feel important
Pros
they always make you feel important
Great for temp work
Leasing Consultant, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 8, 2018
Company is well-structured and run by reasonable and understanding women. Pay is always correct and on-time.

Only downside is this agency is only for leasing consultants. For me, I've learned that isn't the path I'm interested in. However, it is excellent for temporary work and getting yourself on your feet. And, if you like leasing, there is absolutely room for advancement and you can specify looking for a for-hire position, and they will make sure to seek one out for you.

You are also not penalized for rejecting an assignment, which I hear some temp agencies will do. Career Strategies will still call you for assignments even if you miss a few. I never met any struggle trying to go in late or miss a day for interviews or doctors appointments. You can also say like, "I really liked this type of place, can you find one for me?" and they will keep it in mind when assigning you.

And, more than anything, they're dedicated to making you look good to employers, temporary or otherwise. One assignment wasn't a good fit and rejected me, but they still kept their eyes peeled and didn't blacklist me or put me on the back-burner. Truly excellent work they're doing.
Pros
Choose your days
Cons
Offered jobs at like 6am sometimes, Only leasing
productive, growing field
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2018
Productive, excellent learning environment potential for career growth. Career strategies was a Temp agency that provided a unique job environment even chances for permanent hire.
Pros
Showing model apartments
Cons
no benefits, temporary
Good avenue to gain permanent positions
Coordinator - Christina McCarty (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016April 2, 2018
The Staff are always phenomenal about keeping you assigned in your chosen field and the Company has plenty of locations to choose from. I enjoyed the variety of areas around Phoenix i was sent to. Each property has new Managers/Supervisors and the opportunities to network and learn, as well, are abundant. I would say the only down side would be that until you are hired permanently to a Company, it is difficult to survive at $11.50 per hour, which is the top of the pay scale.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Low pay
Leasing agent duties are very interesting .No consistency and poor management help
Leasing Agent (On-Call) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2018
If I am able to get the assignment the I would to to the said location as a floater. I had an opportunity to get familiar with leasing agent and its required performance requirements.Management never returns the calls.No consistency or support for any communication .The hardest part of the job was to get any assignment if i miss the incoming call.I could advanced my communication and listening ability.
Pros
Very easy and interesting job duties.
Cons
Didn't have much engagements.
It was a temporary assignment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIMarch 28, 2018
They were very thorough and got me an assignment in a expedient time. They made sure I received payment on time. They were quick to respond when I left a message. Overall I think it is a pretty good temporary agency to work for.
Apartment Maintenance
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2018
Each job was temporary to hire but contract was to high to buy. I would work any where from 1 day to multiple days per job assignment. They currently have no jobs available in my field.
review
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAMarch 20, 2018
I liked working here and they haver helped me find work and I enjoyed it very much and have a friendly staff that tries and get you in as soon as they can!!
I like it
Groundskeeper/ Porter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2018
I love working for this company it has been good working with this company I would love to continue working with Career strategies. Thanks for the opportunity.
Temp agency
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  North San Diego County, CAMarch 9, 2018
Have had four brief assignments. All had corporate hires coming in soon. I enjoyed the position very much because I was helping tenants, marketing on Craigslist, and giving apartment and property tours.
Pros
Local assignments
Cons
Not enough work in my area
Definatly recommend working here.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 8, 2018
Staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. When an assignment ended they kept looking to place you in another location to get you back working. My time with the company was very much enjoyable.
Pros
Time sheets were faxed. Rarely had to go to the office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Career Strategies. Our community is ready to answer.