Caregan Transport Employee Reviews

not a pleasant experience
Lease Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 14, 2017
would not recommend ..they are not truthfull of potential earnings..complaints fell of deaf ears..not concerned if a driver was able to make a living and only cared about getting freight covered
Pros
non
Cons
many
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 3, 2017
Awesome company to work for and will do everything they can to work around your schedule if need be. The dispatchers actually care about the driver's.
Excellent place definitely better than the majority
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 20, 2017
This place is a very nice place to work. Everyone is laid back and makes sure you have what you need. I'm mad that I didn't find this company years ago
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 20, 2017
Been with the company almost a year, and have no thought of leaving, unless I won the lottery. Seriously they keep you running and the pay is great. I especially like the maintenance program. They way it is set up you never not have a paycheck. The dispatch people are great, never had a problem, and if one arises they work thru it
I have recommended this company to several people, including my brother, who has come on board. I am home most weekends, I do run thru them at times. It can be stressful at times, but what job isn't.
If your looking for a small company who knows your name, and keeps you working, this is the place to be.
Pros
Pay, maintenance program, consistent miles
Cons
Haven't come across any
Let you decide for yourself
Lease Purchase Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond IndianaSeptember 24, 2017
They are nice people but don't know how to schedule loads for their drivers I was at lease purchase driver didn't sign any papers for the truck payments was low and I paid a maximum of $1,000 each week for everything not including gas for the truck I asked to get home Friday I had a doctor's appointment didn't get me home in time but gave me another load to deliver in Wyoming ended up in the ER that Monday and got fired because the load was late once the hospital decided to keep me overnight my partner drop the load off then they tried to get him to leave me in South Dakota in the hospital while he dropped another load off in Illinois so like I said I'll let you guys decide you can make good money but on the other hand they don't care about their drivers much they care more about the load than the driver and even though I showed proof that I was in the hospital we got into a argument because of the low being late they will give you a thousand miles load and expect you to get there the next day around 8 in the morning
Pros
Pay
Cons
Don't know how to book loads and don't care about drivers
September 25, 2017

First, I want to point out that the NET PAY deposited in his bank account for this driver in month of AUGUST was almost $10,000 after ALL EXPENSES. This driver didn't tell us he had an appointment until two days before when he was in Texas and he lives in Ohio. We cancelled the load we already had booked for him and got another load to Ohio within 30 mins. Him and his co-driver DID NOT run their full hours to get back in time for his appointment. He said he was rescheduling the appointment and asked for another load. We gave him a WY on Friday. ON SATURDAY morning he texted me stating his license was suspended but his co-driver would take load and leave immediately. He didn't leave until Sunday night already behind two days then the driver lied to me telling me he wasn't in the truck with his co-driver when he actually was. Obvious drug use or something here and that's why he was in the hospital. Then it took them a week to get back and they asked for a load heading EAST on the weekend which we gave them. Instead of picking up the load they specifically asked for.. THEY QUIT WITHOUT NOTICE AND DEADHEADED HOME. AS I TYPE THIS RESPONSE OUR TRUCK IS STILL 300 MILES FROM OUR YARD NOT TURNED BACK IN. We pay good money but demand communication and great service. These two guys have some problems with addiction or can't keep their hands off each other.. hopefully they get some help.

lease operator
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2017
Stay away, they offer you a piece of junk truck.They take your lease payment every week plus office expenses,fuel,etc... You walk away with nothing your better off being a driver some where at least you get benefits and home every knight. Stay away you will never get ahead with this company
Cons
the same old lease purchase con game ..but on steroids!
driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 25, 2017
Absolutely one of the worst lease purchase schemes I've seen in almost 30 years! Stay away! Didn't see anyone there that owned or was even close to owning their own truck!
Pros
Cons
life lessons taught here..
May 1, 2017

Anyone reading this nonsense that would like to talk to our drivers that have completed the program and have title in hand or one of the several drivers that will complete the program this year... please call (765) 935 0484.

Fraud
Lease Purchase Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2017
This company lies about everything! From payments to hidden fees to very bad trucks. Dispatch avoids your calls when there is a problem and will never speak to payroll and they do not give you real payroll break down. Rip off company 100% run from this company!
April 3, 2017

All of our current drivers (most that have been here for 2 - 15 years) would disagree with you.

Family Oriented and Fun Invironment
Recruiter and Accounting (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 10, 2016
I have worked in several areas since I begun my employment with Caregan Transport. It's been a huge learning curve in the transportation field in which I had no experience, but everyone has been very patient, helpful and encouraging.

I personally feel that Caregan Transport is a wonderful place to work. The freedom the employees have is unlike and unmatched to any other job I have had.

The work load can be different on a daily basis and someday's it can be pretty stressful and challenging, yet I haven't ever not wanted to come to work in the morning because of my job.

The hardest part of the job is the "multi-tasking" because there is so much going on at all times.
Pros
Family Owned & Oriented, Fun place to work, Freedom
Cons
No paid holidays, Expensive Family Insurance
Great Work Environment
Office (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 10, 2016
It is an enjoyable place to work, It can be stressful sometimes but makes work day move fast. It is an ever changing environment which keeps you on your toes when it comes to daily work.
Pros
Flexible work Schedule, Professional work environment, lax dress code
Cons
high stress
Awesome Place to Work!
Lease Purchase (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 10, 2016
Love the home time and pay... Almost have my truck paid off and am here to stay even when I have my title in hand. I love it here. Love the people....
Pros
Miles, Pay, HomeTime
Absolutely AMAZING
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 10, 2016
These guys are absolutely amazing dispatchers, they do everything they can to give you the loads you want and get you home as much as possible. I highly recommend this CAREER.
VP of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 10, 2016
I love the staff and environment. Very flexible and easy to work with. I get to talk to people from all over the country and from all walks of life. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else!
Pros
The Employees & Flexibility
Cons
Can't think of any
Family owned and operated
Safety Director/Driver Procurement (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 16, 2014
Awesome place to work. Great, friendly family with hands on approach to operating a successful business in the world of freight.
didnt like being gone
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 29, 2012
picking up freight and delivering.some management was ok.working all hours.in the truck you are your own boss.
Pros
seing the country
Cons
not knowing what you are getting into
Busy stressful unorganized place of business
Dispatcher/Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 9, 2012
I worked for this company for a year and a half. It consumed my whole life. More and more was asked of me without compensation. No one was organized in the office except me and one other female. I only enjoyed my job at first.
Terrible work experience.
Accountant / Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 29, 2012
Lack of work ethics, poor management. Terrible working conditions.
Pros
there are no pros for working there.
Cons
there is nothing good about his company, do not consider working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caregan Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Caregan Transport Reviews by Location