Carehaven Employee Reviews

Think before you apply
I think after my review is read you'll know it! (Former Employee) –  Belmont, WVJanuary 4, 2019
Let’s be truthful here.
Most of Management is horrible and lazy putting their work onto others but take the credit for themselves. Truthfully if you want to be over worked and underpaid and treated like a dog then by all means apply. To many young undertrained and lazy in management departments there that whine and cry like high schoolers in their little clicks. The only way that place is really gonna make it is to close down and start over with skilled well trained and compassionate management that truly cares about not only the residents but their staff as well. CareHaven use to be a awesome place to work, it was a place where you walked in with a smile looking forward to seeing your residents and co-workers. I greatly miss most of my co-workers and I deeply miss my residents but I chose to leave because no matter how hard you try to get Corp. to see the wrong they turn a blind eye. The residents are the true people that suffer here! It’s quickly falling into disrepair and they know it..... Yes it might stay open for more years but at what cost to the residents and workers??? Think before you apply..
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
I would not recommend working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belmont, WVDecember 9, 2018
I would recommend moving on to another job opportunity. If you’re a CNA there are other job opportunities available out there. Move on and explore those before applying here.
Pros
Residents/my co workers
Cons
Everything else
dirty work with an important outcome
Non-Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 10, 2018
Working in a nursing home is hard because you are responsible for changing the elders briefs and showering them. But on the plus side you get to know the residents personally. The work is dirty and smelly but if you love to help people and to make a difference in your community this would be a good place for you.
Pros
gives you a feeling of importance
Cons
everything else
Great coworkers and residents!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Belmont, WVAugust 5, 2018
I have been working at carehaven for a very long time now. It is not the place it use to be, but that's because people have moved on in their careers and no longer work there. But that's not saying it's a bad place to work. There are a few disgruntled employees of course but who doesn't have those? Short staffed is the worse problem we have right now, which its the same everywhere else as well. Your work life is what you make it, just because someone else isn't doing their job doesn't mean you shouldn't have to do yours. A lot of the complaining that's done could be resolved if people would speak up rather than just complain to soemone. This is a great place to work, other than a recent bad spell with bad management that have now been replaced with good managers. I invite anyone to apply and I promise you will love it as long as you keep up your own positive attitude and don't get sucked into someone else's bad days.
Pros
Good Team
Compassion, Love, and respect
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belmont, WVAugust 2, 2018
I am a current employee and I happen to love my job and our residents. Like anywhere else your going to work there are good days and bad.Our team of caregivers and management are the best. We work as a team to get the job done. Staffing is a issue everywhere in the nursing field but our girls work as a team to cover shifts. Management has no problem coming out and working the floor. At the end of the day it's what you make it.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Can't think of one
Stressul, constant mandation, low pay, no family life
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belmont, WVJuly 31, 2018
The residents are the only good thing about the place. It’s just like any other business, it’s all about making money and cutting costs. They don’t care about the residents or the employees. They go on and on about resident care being the most important thing but they work the few employees who stay there until they physically and mentally exhausted which then results in residents being neglected. You never have time with your family and the when you finally do get some time off with them you’re so exhausted that you don’t want to do anything with them and even though you’re putting in a ton of over time you still can’t afford to do anything because even with overtime the pay is ridiculously low but you can work for another facility owned by the same company just 15 minutes away and make more. This used to be a good place to work even though the pay was low the staff was great but most of that staff is gone and have been replaced with people who don’t care about the residents and don’t want to work.
Pros
Residents
Terrible workplace unless you like stress
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belmont, WVApril 18, 2018
I worked here for about a year. Never again. This workplace is fast paced, stressful, competitive and no where near laid back. They were understaffed so you never get to leave on time, and when you are gone they’re calling you to come in. You have a 30 min. lunch that most of the time you don’t get to take (no they don’t pay you for it if you don’t take it) and you get one 15 min. Break the entire shift. You have no time for your personal life, and if you have a spouse or a family this job will cause riffs in those relationships. I wouldn’t recommend my enemy’s to this workplace.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401K
Cons
One 15 min. break, exhausting, very stressful, leave in tears every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carehaven. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9