Carelinc Medical Equipment Employee Reviews

Long days!!!!!!! Enough already
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Three riversJune 28, 2019
The drivers work harder than anyone in the company, and paid less, they absolutely do not care how long they work you its ridiculous thats why they cant keep drivers,and this is no joke!! The drivers are the face of the company, but it means nothing to the owner!!!! Please rest your driver's!!!oh and it is a physical demanding job!!!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Long hours for drivers is crazy
July 3, 2019

Morning!

There are a few topics in your comments that I would like to discuss with you to ensure that you have the correct information. Since you are a current employee, I would love to schedule a time to meet with you. We can discuss over breakfast or lunch! Please reach out to me as soon as possible so I can hear your concerns and get something scheduled!

Please email at: twarning@carelincmed.com.

Thank you!

Excellent
Delivery Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJune 28, 2019
I've only here a short period, but the atmosphere is worlds better than my last job. The leadership is understanding of my being a single father and work with me on appointments and such. Looking forward to much more time here.
July 1, 2019

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying yourself so far, and look forward to many years to come! We are a family owned business which presents the ability to be a bit more flexible, glad to hear that is helping with a work/life balance!!

Have a great day!

No life
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIJune 27, 2019
If you are single and have no social life, this is a great place to work! If you have a family, do not even consider being a delivery technician. The Grand Rapids basis does not check on its branches, and if you try and convey what is going on, it is not taken seriously.
All the branches are overworked and even though it can be fun, it is not easy. As a woman, you go to houses in the middle of nowhere and no one knows if you are there and it can be very scary. You go to a strangers house, sometimes with no cell signal,, and no one knows or cares if you left.
It is a good business if you can deal with the customers and management.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Poor management
July 3, 2019

Morning!

I ran the turnover report for Ludington as we have had a very small turnover for that branch. The last time a female Delivery Technician termed with the company was in 2016. I believe that a lot has changed in the company since 2016! CareLinc has a GPS system that allows us to see where all of our trucks are at any given time, and it has shown to be a great resource for us! If you have the time, I would love to hear your feedback! The Human Resource function does operate out of our Grand Rapids branch, and I actually was just at our Ludington and Manistee branches visiting them with the Regional Manager for the locations! We have numerous employees that are visiting branches on a consistent basis for feedback, I cannot speak to if it was that way in 2016.

Should you have the availability, I can schedule a time to sit down for breakfast or lunch and discuss any feedback that you may have!

Too big for its britches
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 16, 2019
A company that is growing by leaps and bounds while hemorrhaging money and trying to find out what someone’s job is or isn’t is nearly impossible. Blaming others and talking about how bad they are seems to be more important than finding solutions and training. Management will lie to you if they think it will help them get ahead
June 18, 2019

Morning anonymous employee,

We would like to know more about your concerns listed in your feedback and would love to know details. Since you are a current employee, and you have access to many channels of communication, could you please stop by to confidentially discuss your concerns with HR if you are feeling like you aren't being heard by your manager?

We appreciate all feedback!

One of the best
Delivery/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 15, 2019
Pros out weigh any potential cons worth noting. Couldn't ask for a better collective of management, co-workers, and customers. Reputable company in high demand. Will always have a steady work load. Amazing group to work for and would recommend to anyone looking for related work. This company has set a new bar for my standards in an employer and should be an example to other companies. Unfortunate to have parted but absolute pleasure to have worked for.
May 20, 2019

Thank you for the feedback! It always makes us happy to hear that the changes we work so hard for are impacting the employees that we undoubtedly care for!

June 3, 2019

Good morning!

We are SO happy to hear that you had a great experience while you were here. We enjoy it immensely when our Team members gets to experience the CareLinc way of loving where you work and what we do. You will be missed as a part of our Team, but we wish you the best in your future endeavors!!!

very good place to work
delivery tech/customer service (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MIApril 24, 2019
I really loved working at CareLinc! I loved helping people, but sometimes they requested so much out of you, that you didn't have the time to really spend with the customers.

On Call got kind of out of control sometimes, after working 10hrs, then working another 4 -8 on call.

Overall, it was helping people that made this job so amazing! Brought life to my life.
Pros
good pay, helping people! insurance was great
Cons
on-call time / not enough time to spend with customers
Okay
Service Technician driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2019
Okay. Not to bad, good oppurtunity too get hours. Long drives, learn new lesson on equipment often and how they operate. On- calll hours bi-weekly ay anytime
Enjoyable Atmosphere
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 7, 2019
I worked at Carelinc several years ago but had to leave due to my husband getting a job out of state. However, CareLinc was the best job that I have ever had. Everyone is so friendly and they pay attention to key details. My manager was patient with me and gave praise where praise was due. I loved this company because it felt like family. We often had contests and potlucks which made the job rewarding each day. Dear CareLinc, please open a location in Delaware so I can work for you again! ☺
Pros
great benefit package, flexibility, family fun enviroment!
Cons
Fast paced, but I love it!
Stay away!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 1, 2019
Management here is terrible, they will stab you in the back & throw you under the bus every chance they get. Especially if it makes them look good. The worst job I have ever had in my life! I had a manager that repeatedly said "You can always come to me if you have a problem" but when there was a problem they were nowhere to be found! For a company this size they offer absolutely no training but expect you to know about everything & how to do it. Management at the branch where I worked seemed to have a different set of rules than the employees. They could come in late, leave early, take sick days & days off whenever they liked but employees would be written up for doing the same. The people from the corporate office seemed to think they were far above everyone else. Their "orientation" at this company is a trip to the corporate office during which they show off their awesome facility that is so far removed from all of their branches that you'd think it was on another planet. Terrible company culture, horribly run by stuck up people that need a reality check!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No training, Extremely stressful, Low pay, Non existant management
February 4, 2019

Morning!

You mention that you are a former GR employee. We have had great retention rates within our CSR department in GR as well as our branches and haven't lost anyone in quite some time! I am hoping that some of the issues that you brought up are things that have been brought to our attention in the past and we have dealt with. There are many means that the company has in place for training and also how to inform upper management about any and all issues that you may have faced during your tenure here. If you would like to reach out personally and inform me of examples, I would love to hear them! Please either email me at twarning@carelincmed.com or feel free to call: 616-249-2273! Thank you for the feedback!

No Life outside of work
Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIOctober 9, 2018
I worked at CareLink as a delivery Tech. We work 10 hours a day minimum most of the time it's more than that and on call guy gets shafted almost every day and it's almost always after 6 you can work a full day of 12 or more hours and get a call later in the day and you have to go and do it because CareLink doesn't let you say no to anything. Overall it's a very horrible place to work upper management says they care and acts like they care but they don't. The manager I currently have at my branch is awesome but he can only do so much to improve our working conditions. Hospice is the worst part about working here they can call you for anything anytime for any reason and you can't even ask questions or you will get called on saying you were disrespectful or trying to avoid doing the work. If you work delivery forget about having a life if you have kids you won't see them if you have a girlfriend she will probably break up with you because you will never see her there is absolutely no work-life balance working here. This company will work you like a dog and pay you barely enough to get by. They will try to tell you that it will get better but that's just so that they have time to find the next person to F over
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Upper management, Ceo, Vice President
December 4, 2018

Morning and my apologies on a delayed response!

The concerns that you bring up in your above post are enlightening and we would love to know that when you were here, did you speak with your manager or anyone in "upper management" about your concerns? Since you say that you are a former employee you did not have the chance to see the additional Delivery Technician that was approved for the Grand Haven branch. That additional staff should help with the longer hours and OT that were a higher than company average. During interviews we strongly convey that we are a 24/7 business that services Hospice, Nursing Homes, private customers, and hospitals. Unfortunately, we do not and will never have control over when our customers will need equipment. We are there for people who are in a new phase of life and may find it difficult to wait until the next day for their delivery, we must remain empathetic to our customers and the hardships they are enduring. Thank you and we appreciate the feedback!!

CareLESS about emloyees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand rapidsSeptember 17, 2018
This company will be ran into the ground within years, most stressed out job ever over junk wages and fake management that only cares about themselves and thier clicks
Pros
Buy your own uniforms
Cons
The boss
September 24, 2018

Morning!

We are sorry to hear that you felt that way while you were working for CareLinc! I would love to hear more about your experiences. Who you shared it with, what their responses were, and how we can make it better for those who are still working for us. The company is ever more trying to make a open line of communication more efficient and clear, and I would love to hear where the chain may be broken!

Thank you for your feedback!

Family oriented and great company
Pap team csr (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 5, 2018
I love the building I work in, there is no drama and everyone comes to work to work. My boss is amazing and very understanding. The benefits are good as well
Stressful
Service technician (Current Employee) –  Delta, OHAugust 15, 2018
Very stressful and poor management. Routing of orders is awful. No room for advancement. They do give vacation time but even if you request off months ahead of time your chances of being approved are slim to none.
Pros
Freedom own boss basically.
Cons
Very stressful. No family time can't plan anything outside of work
August 20, 2018

Morning!

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way! With Delta being one of our first OH locations the upward movement would be difficult to establish (our other 21 locations are located in MI). I would like to know if you have mentioned these feelings to your Manager? If so, and you weren't feeling heard by your Manager have you happened to let the Regional Manager know? Advance requested PTO should always be given should that day/time requested be adequately staffed. Please let me know, as I would like to look into your feedback!

Thank you!

My best work experience to date
Customer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 13, 2018
A typical day includes me getting to work a little early and getting a cup of coffee from the break room. I get to say hello to the friends that I was quick to make here, as everyone treats each other like family. My personal role is a lot of paperwork, but the social aspect has always made it worth it.

Recently, I got to experience an internship here along with my typical roles. CareLinc allowed me to expand my horizons in my marketing knowledge and learn so much more than any classroom book could teach me.

Both the Customer Service manager and the Marketing manager make working here a joy! They are so caring and make sure I am not too stressed out as well as give me free space to get my work done without criticism.

The hardest part of my job is time management, but that is on me. Being a college student, it can be difficult to balance my job here along with homework and attending classes.

The most enjoyable part of this job are the people I get to work with. I think there are many work environments where everyone is a bit more isolated, but CareLinc is full of people who care so much for each other. I love it here!
Pros
Family-oriented workplace, overtime, great people
Cons
Some monotonous days, but what job doesn't have that?
Unbridled growth potential
Management (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 6, 2018
You have opportunities to grow in this company if you are willing to take them for yourself. Don't just sit back and watch everything happening around you. You need to ask questions on things you don't understand, get noticed, and never stop learning. Do that - and you will do well here. We are hungry for great employees but if you want to complain, be bitter about what you don't have or just punch a clock each day - then CareLinc isn't the place for you?! We expect a lot from people that work here because what we do is hard. Medical insurance is confusing. Delivering medical equipment to people with diagnoses they don't understand is tough. But trying to do just that with kindness is what we're known for and why we have been successful for over 20 years. CareLinc can be very rewarding for those who realize just how much we impact the communities we work in.
Pros
Family atmosphere, paid overtime, open door policy
Cons
high workload, lack in technology, changing insurance regulations, must be able to learn and obtain knowledge quickly
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 3, 2018
Talk about stressful. I cried as I drove into work everyday and cried again as I left everyday! I loved my coworkers and manager, who were all like family. Everyone in the GR office was wonderful. However the company in my opinion, has grown too quickly, and the infrastructure in place could not handle it. One can only take being cussed out and yelled at for so long before they reach their breaking point! My manager knew how stressed out our department was and tried his best to support us anyway he could. Delivery Techs have it the worst. The way the on call is setup, dont even think about having a life. And if you’ve got a family at home, you will never see them. Great job if you really want to make some money as overtime was always available. The benefits were pretty good too. But the stress will literally eat you alive. There were days I sat at my desk and cried and tried not to let anybody see me. But I broke and had to go
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No home life
August 6, 2018

Morning!

I am very sorry to hear that you had that sort of life while working for CareLinc! I would love to hear more about your experiences. Who you shared it with, what their responses were, and how we can make it better for those who are still working for us! I believe the company is trying to make a open line of communication work, and would love to hear where the chain may be broken. The GR CSR team had a change in leadership in April. Did you work under the new leadership, and if so, were your concerns taken more seriously?

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate every opportunity to try and make life here at CareLinc wonderful!

Growing Company
Administration (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIJuly 30, 2018
A company that is drastically growing. Always has room for improvement but upper management is actually asking us what they can do better, which is a great first step (something that hasn't happened before). Positions are being put into place to help train and assist managers. We have cookouts, celebrate holidays company-wide, hold small competitions that win pizza/lunch parties, they even have a suite at the Van Andel arena that you can win 2 free tickets to any event there. Medical and dental are really good coverage with low premiums. There are communication breakdowns at times, but I would love to see a company where that wasn't the case.
Pros
Constant growth
Cons
Communication
Small Business that got big.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 25, 2018
A small company that has yet to figure it out. The Branch managers are not trained or vetted to the level you would expect. This offers less than professional atmospheres for people on the bottom.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
On-call, Training
Poor management. You will not move up or get scheduled raises here.
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIApril 10, 2018
If you work at any branch other than Grand Rapids, you will be nothing to them and do it all for low wages. The on call schedule is the worst if you have kids or like having a night off. Promised raises and bonuses will be ignored by branch management and corporate managers. CareLinc has a poor infrastructure and really needs to consider cleaning house with their district employees.
Pros
Got a free lunch once
Cons
overtime, on-call, low pay, poor management
Company needs a lot of work as a whole
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIJuly 30, 2017
Manager is power hungry and takes advantage of it every chance he can. Tends to focus on certain employees instead of treating people fairly and as a team. Does not know how to fix situations properly and end up making things worse. Company has no incentives what so ever. Very stressful job being on call. Low pay for the stuff we deal with..dirty house, bed bugs, rude people, hiv, tb, and other pathagins. Just a poorly set up system and drivers which are actually the face of the company do not get the pay or attention they deserve
Pros
The customers
Cons
Could go on and on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carelinc Medical Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.