Caremed Employee Reviews

Just sad
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jetersville, VAJuly 14, 2019
Company didn’t understand when I had death in my family called and asked me did I wanna work right after I lost my aunt. Then once I left the company the HR at the office in jetersville Va .. Put it in that I quit over the phone and not to rehire with no explanation Because it was taken personally cause we took a family member from the company but who cares don’t work here
i wouid never work here again in my life
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAOctober 27, 2018
Been working with them almost two years no raise no hours only working 16 hours for a while now havent had a raise yet so glad to finally move on i will never work for this company again
Pros
Cons
No hours no benefits no raise
Caremed
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working and helping my clients. I basically made my own hours so that was definitely a plus. Shift normally ran pretty smooth and patients were pretty nice.
It's a ok job
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte County, vaAugust 19, 2018
If just wanting to get the feel for in home care jobs or don't want to be working at a high pace job. This is the company for you every case is different. The clients enjoy the opportunity to have someone other than family and friends to come and help them out.
Pros
Home environment
Cons
Low pay rate and no mileage between clients.
Pca
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 18, 2018
It is a ok job not enough hours or days no benefite or time off with pay or vacation or hoilday pay so time where they scent you is not on the bus line
personal care aide
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2018
Great company to work for great co workers office staff ws very nice very understanding to any problem you might have open door policy basically everyone is hired part time
Entry Level
Copilot (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 29, 2018
This is a good place to start and gain experience within the compounding pharmacy field. If you are going to school this is a good place to balance both school and work
Dillwyn-Poor pay and delayed paychecks
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dillwyn, VAJune 15, 2017
To tell you the God honest truth poor pay and staff. The only thing that's good about it is you have weekly pay but you never know when you're going to receive your check...you might get it Wednesday this week and then next Monday for the next.
Cons
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dillwyn, VASeptember 9, 2016
Management was great, the company worked great with my schedule, great work environment. I enjoyed working there. Most enjoyable part of job is interaction with patients and family members.
An ever changing environment
Caregiver & CNA (Current Employee) –  Jetersville, VAMay 5, 2015
I arrive at clients house, depending on the personal schedule I would give the a bed bath or shower then fix breakfast. After make or change bed linen, then do any other house hold chores.
Clients all over.
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 7, 2014
I traveled mostly in the richmond va area for their clients.
Pros
Meeting different people.
Cons
Not enough assignments.
Owners are great people
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 22, 2014
I loved working with everyone there. It was a very high stressed job but I personally strive in that kind of work atmosphere. I did have a lot of long days which I sometimes wish I didn't have, but the company gave great benefits and took care of their employees. The CEO once told me that it was important to him that his employees were happy. Because if they weren't they were not going to enjoy their work, and if they don't enjoy their work then they will perform poorly, and then everyone loses.
Pros
A lot of Offices functions
Cons
Short lunches
See below
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Jetersville, VirginiaJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day at work could be a busy day with the demand of the patients needs, or a day that's less demanding. Nevertheless, all attention is given to the patient.
I have learned how to lift, transport, bathe and how to handle patients with alzheimers/dementia.
The hardest part on my job is having to lift the dead weight of the patients who are sometimes unable to hold their own weight. The most enjoyable part on my job is knowing that I am providing the patient's A-1 quality care and that they and their primary caregiver(s) are satisfied with taking care of their loved one.
My co-worker are a nice group of ladies to work for and with. We all get along quite well.
Pros
flexability
Cons
not enough hours or pay
great place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 14, 2013
great place to work great compassionate people if money wasn't a issue I would still be their.
Pros
great people great atmosphere
Cons
not enough money
caremed is a great company
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2013
i go to work, assit patient with with personal and activity of daily living
Pros
the pros are i basically, make my own schedule
Cons
the cons are no benefits
Great place to start a human service career
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2013
A typical day includes lots of phone calls from the office from 8-12 regarding the shifts coming available that day. You pick the cities you want to work in, so a lot of the time you aren't driving very far to your job. You will be at a recipient's house anywhere from 2 to 12 hours, depending on their plan of care. You may or may not have many recipients at the same time. While at their house you normally assist recipient with activities of daily living, grooming, transferring, meal preparation, and light house cleaning.

The staff is accommodating and friendly. PCA's don't have much contact with other PCA's. The hardest part of the job is coordinating your jobs as they can be very inconsistent in the beginning. The most enjoyable part of the job is the connection you create when working closely with recipient in their home.
Pros
Flexible schedule - can work as much or little as you want
Cons
up in the air schedule, odd hours