Carenet Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Start-up Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2018
When I first started working at Carenet it was a startup company and I learned many different job functions. It is a fast paced company that I really enjoyed. Management did a lot for employee morale with picnics, a day at Six Flags, employee luncheons. The most enjoyable part of my position was coordinating the travel for all employees. The hardest part was getting employees to get their reports for management in on time.
Pros
Strong company atmosphere. Great working with the nursing staff.
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Work
n/a (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2018
What i learned is the people are sweet but the policies change all the time, "Enjoy the ride" If you're in school, working a second job, or have kids, good luck getting the day off. If you can't switch schedules for the day or have enough PTO (after your 90 days), than that is a strike against you for calling in. Management is understanding sometimes, but they can't do anything for you but grade your calls and fact check procedures and policies.
Pros
easy calls
Cons
30 minute lunch, 10 minute breaks, policy change, no room for advancement within the company
No core values
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2018
Management is unorganized and lie to your face. They make it almost impossible to get a bonus, I confronted more than one manager about my bonuses and they say they will look into it then never got back to me this happened more than once. They adjust your schedule without consulting you first, then they wonder why there’s such a high turnover. This company is the worst company I have ever worked for I do not recommend. There are better companies with more professional management who pay better.
Pros
Cons
Many
N/a
Nurse Advice Line (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2018
Hours were reduced, went from working 5 days a week to only about 3, also hours per day were reduced from 8 hours to about 4 hours which clearly didn’t suffice for me and my family
Its okay
Team Supervisor, Member Services (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 26, 2018
Its okay for beginner customer service.The only thing bad about this company is the benefits. Beneits are pretty low for the work you do. I don't want to do this review
Pros
the people I worked with
Cons
benefits and pay
Excellent place to work
ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for Carenet, totally satisfying in all aspects for employment. Learned different areas of the company projects. Good benefits, lots of opporturnity for advancement.
A good place to work but difficult to get promotions or bonuses.
Member Engagement Specialist/ Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
New management making it difficult to enjoy work at carenet. Used to be flexible and work with you if you had other important things to do they would work with you. New management very strict on attendance and will fire you if you are absent any day.
Pros
able to choose your schedule.
Cons
only 10 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch.
Great Company, Just wish it paid more
CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of setting up all your systems and making sure everything is running smoothly. Talking to your coworkers and just making the best of your day. Helping healthcare members with their insurance and triage people so that the RNs knew more or less what they were looking forward to when they would call members. The work environment was very relaxed and easy but the one thing that stressed me out was the fact that the computer systems did not always work. It would take a majority of our time trying to see what systems did work just so that we could do our job. That alone would affect our pay and hours that we were available for calls. The team that I worked for made everyday very enjoyable because their spirits lifted me up in times of darkness and whatnot.
Pros
Great environment, awesome supervisors and staff
Cons
Not paid enough, systems did not work
its a moderate feeling
ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2018
A lot of managers work with you but company really needs to prioritize on efficiency.
break rooms are small but lack affordable snacks/meals.
kind of feels they work you to pay for what you buy in their company kitchen, as dramatic as it sounds... not paid enough.
Pros
lenient
Cons
expensive snacks and meals and short breaks
Not willing to work around your schedule
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2018
Just be careful accepting a job there. Make sure you understand everything. They do paid training and you must pass to be able to work for them. This is Customer Service but most times they make it hard which to me is not needed. When speaking with a requiter make sure this is what you want and ask questions. May not be for you. That is okay if not, but you will have to wait a year to apply again.
Working from home was nice
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TelecommuteAugust 7, 2018
Managment was a joke. Was bombarded with chances that no one fully understood when implemented. The ability to communicate and educate patients was great.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Lack of communication
Core Values
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2018
I have seen a lot of changes within the company, losing sight of their Core Values. One person says do one thing, another day do another. Expectations constantly changing, making them difficult to meet. Culture is gone. Managers/ Team leads don’t care, and will lie to your face. Used to be an up-beat, fun, supportive, encouraging place. Professionalism down the drain. High turn over, poor training. A little encouragement goes a long way. I used to believe Carenet was different. In the end it is just another company, no different at all.
Cons
Many
Great environment to work with the right people. Management and Leadership are great
Certified Training Team Lead/Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2018
I really enjoyed all that I learned and had the opportunity to project while at Carenet. With the right pay, I would most gladly return to continue one with my experiences.
Pros
The staff(leadership, People Services) flexibility, fun, job security, benefits
Cons
Some disrespectful team members
You sacrifice for working remotely
RN Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
Good job for people who don't want to think too much. You read a script. You can work from home. If you want to do anything other than read a script, or you need benefits, this is probably not the place for you. Direct management is hit or miss. Higher-ups don't seem to care about their employees with the decisions that they make. The best relationships you will make are with your coworkers, and you do have a decent amount of opportunity for OT.
Pros
work from home
Cons
poor benefits and insurance
Okay for decent money but, it is a very restricting work environment
Engagement specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2018
It is a straightforward call center job that on the surface does well. The pay isn't terrible and for the most part once you memorize your script, you know what to expect. The downside is how restricting the work environment can be. You can't get up from your cubicle, talk to other people, have a book, writing tool, or personal belongings with you. You are just stuck in a box all day with phone call after phone call without anything to look forward to in the actual workplace itself. They also work through contracting so at any given point in time they will get a new contract with a new company and your job changes. Not only do your responsibilities change, but your script, and even pay rate changes. While working there i was initially satisfied but after they accepted a new contract and changed our pay-rate i was no longer happy there. They reduced our pay-rate by 2 dollars, got rid of certain bonuses, and the workload actually got more intense. Not many people stay there that long due to the restrictive and fluctuating work environment. So there are constant classes of new trainees every 2 months or so to replace the large amount of people who quit.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
No freedom and changing job occupation
Pay Scale
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2018
Carenet pays a living wage ONLY if you make a series of bonuses. Bonus standards are constantly being moved without employees being notified. It is incredibly difficult to get management to assist in helping with bonus related issues even though that is your paycheck. There have been employees who have had to fight with HR & Payroll to recieve money owed. It would be a positive place to work if worrying about being paid correctly and fairly weren't a daily issue.
Cons
Consistent issues with Payroll and the bonus structure.
Unprofessional
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2018
Management doesn't know what it's doing at all. They will tell you one thing and then change the rules the very next day. apply here as a last resort.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
everything else
Great Team members
Patient Services Care Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 28, 2018
I enjoyed working along side with my co-workers, had the best trainers. The training may have not been long enough but it was great to learn what Carenet does for our patients.
Pros
Great snack bar
Cons
short lunches, short breaks
Horrible Company
Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
Horrible company that’s all I can say. Not sure if the issue was that my manager was new or a lot of pressure from upper management. Too micromanaged!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything else
management
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2018
very unorganized. Always moving us to accommodate them and there friends to be close. They never let us know whats going because they usually don't know either

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carenet Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Carenet Healthcare Services Reviews by Location