Carenet Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Horrible Company
Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
Horrible company that’s all I can say. Not sure if the issue was that my manager was new or a lot of pressure from upper management. Too micromanaged!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything else
management
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2018
very unorganized. Always moving us to accommodate them and there friends to be close. They never let us know whats going because they usually don't know either
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2018
This was a great place to work. Clean environment. Job not too difficult. Excellent training. The only complaint would be some of the managers are rude and need better leadership skills. Also some of the managers play favoritism with specific employees. They have a soda/coffee machine in the break room that is free all day which is a big plus since we are required to talk on the phone all day
Pros
soda machine
Cons
rude managers, sometimes they don't have enough hours and you are sent home early with no compensation
Horrible
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2018
Management is the worst. Do not work at this company. They give out so much preferential treatment and they have family members repoting to each other. Unless you are from a company called west communications you wont be going anywhere. Run..run like the wind!!!!
Interpreter team
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2018
I enjoy working with the interpreter team every day. I take my job very seriously because it is very important that all members receive the best service possible to help with language barrier.
Pros
very rewarding
Fun, upbeat, loving.
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2018
This is a great place to work, they are great for single mom's just do not pay enough, and have spur of the moment days off.
Over all I love working here. Just need to more steady work weeks.
Pros
Was willing to work with my family needs
Cons
too much ETO
Good with the bad
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2018
The company is a good place if you look to find a place to settle in. Not much of a place for development with compensation which was the biggest down fall.
Cons
No pay raises
Fast paced constant change of projects
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2018
Your not guaranteed your position will be needed for the next project. It is very fast paced your are expected to produce but not paid fairly. If you can adapt to change quickly then this will work for you.
Pros
free soda
Cons
everything is timedf
Absolutely the best job
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2018
Carenet is the best job to have as a student. They've have worked with me all thru my college journey and have been very compromising to my schedule when it comes to school. I absolutely love everyone I work with there. The employees are more like family , its a wonderful atmosphere to work in. However if you're looking at the pay then this job may not be suitable . The pay isn't the best the employees and administration is awesome
Call Center that cares about your health
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2018
Taking calls for dental insurance.
I learned patience
Management could have been better
Workplace culture was caotic and there was constant miscommunication.
for a first time job its ok
Engagement specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2018
This job is for a first time job, but the pay is so low, there is no way you can make a living off of this job.
The company does fun things for the employees, but there is no room for advancement--different jobs yes, advancement no.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay, micro-managed
Carenet
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2018
Carenet was an okay place to work. The center was opened 24/7 which made it easier to work around my son's and husband's schedule. For a call center, I don't believe there should be a dress down day. You're on the phone, no one is going to see you. We were only allowed to wear jeans Thursday-Sunday. Even though I had prior experience and a degree, I was offered 10.50 per hour with the highest rate being 11.50 per hour. You were required at least 5 days a week. I think four days is enough for that place. Sometimes you were put in life/death situation, meaning on the other end, the person on the other end may be having a heart attack. There's also the rating situation I didn't agree with as what constitutes an emergency. A panicked mother called because her son was bleeding from his behind. I escalated the call but had points deducted because he wasn't passing blood. In other words, the child had to defecate blood in order for an escalation. I'm a mom so that didn't sit well with me, but I took the deduction. Your superiors, in my case, were old enough to be my kids.
na
Bilingual Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2018
The company is very unorganized and has no integrity or follow through. There is always an issue with your pay and money is missing. They say you will earn a bonus but don't pay out.
great co workers ok work place
engagement specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2018
management could communicate better, easy work great friendly co workers, not much room for advancement, the client was a good assignment project clean safe work place
Pros
schedule
Cons
having to clock out for 10 minute breaks
Fun place to work, even in high volume times.
Remote Recruiter, Executive recruiting (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 5, 2018
Very fast paced.
Managed a team for several years in recruiting at 2 sites, up to 9
Heavy reporting involved
Weekly meetings with several Executives, CFO, Workforce. etc.
Great company climate and culture
All about our team, employees, prompting from within, when possible
all staff was visible, saying help, walking around to see everyone, especially our President.
Had daily huddles with my team to keep them informed.
great team communication.
I loved knowing that I was helping people
Pros
emaplyee involvemts across the board, community involvement as well, non profits too
carenet
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2018
-they like to work with their employees
-very friendly and helpful
-good communication
-very easy
-fast calls
-very clean environment
-training is very helpful
Not enough time spent at this job
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2018
My job was repetitive but easy as it was only a survey we were calling on. Many of the clients being called elderly members that were nice enough to give us the information needed.
Nurses, please BEWARE
RN Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2018
If you don't mind inadequate/stressful online training, low wages, under educated management, micromanagement, non-constructive criticism, OUTRAGEOUS insurance premiums and long hours tied to your computer, then this is the job for you!

Please do your homework before accepting an offer from this company. Since I've left Carenet, I have networked with a lot of nurses who have shared their negative experiences with me.

And remember...If it sounds to good too be true...well, it probably is!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Too many to list
Worst choice I ever made!
Triage RN (Former Employee) –  Work at homeFebruary 3, 2018
The training was thrown at you within 11 business days; 2 sim shifts and then you were supposed to have a preceptor for 2 days and then go out on your own and take calls. Preceptorship is a joke, worst training of my 13 year career. If you don't understand a process after they go over it one time they won't try and teach you the concept. Benefits are absolutely ridiculous here, never seen anything like it. Poor communication and people dropping the ball happened frequently during the few weeks I was there and then they wanted to blame things on you not being prepared. Glad I'm not still working for such low wages, expensive benefits and lack of training with no support.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Too many to list but Benefits are not AFFORDABLE.
It's a laid back place to work.
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 24, 2018
It's an ok place to work. Sometimes they aren't on one accord. Things don't get handled in a timely manner. I was there 2 years with no raise. It was crazy that the PTO request (or if you were sick and wanted to use PTO) had to be 2 weeks in advance..
Pros
Managable schedules, good benefits and holidays off.
Cons
You get 2 10 minute breaks, you have to put PTO in 2 weeks in advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carenet Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Carenet Healthcare Services Reviews by Location