CareOne Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
Profit Driven & Corrupt Management Hostile work environment, toxic culture.
Director (Former Employee) –  NJApril 14, 2018
find work elsewhere. Most co-workers are devoted and friendly.
Management is corrupt. Gross understaffing and turnover. Employees are not valued. low compensation.
Pros
None Potential to be great is wasted
Cons
owners are dishonest, greedy, hostile to employees, and the corruption and, intimidation is rewarded and trickles down to every level and facility., You should believe what you read and hear and find work elsewhere.
Poor work environment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 29, 2018
Poor management, poor communication , stressful, not a clean building, patient care was aweful, lack of teamwork, long hours, always short staffed, no place to advance, overall horrible working environment .
Poor management, constantly changing
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 21, 2018
There is no consistency of care and no definite system in place due partly to the fact that management constantly changes. Always short staffed. Not enough training provided to new employees.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
long hours, no breaks, lack of support from management
Work from home
Payment Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 12, 2018
Responsible for handling research follow-up verification and resolution of account information. Assisted client/creditor service reps with questions regarding payments (check or RPS), reissues or refunds to client accounts and other exception items. Ensured efficient and accurate payment (check or RPS), reissue, refund or other exception item problem resolution through quality control reviews. Reviewed adjustments to individual accounts through Debt Relief Services workstation, Orphanage or as may be required. Worked collaboratively with teams to enhance the success rate by proactively identifying areas of concern and/or engaging in continuous process improvements.
Do not work here
Maintenance director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 8, 2018
As a maintenance director the building is your life. The job was stressful but also very rewarding. Managment was non existent. Corporate was worse. They would find out life safety codes during survey. Corporate was very disorganized. They have a lot on their plate yet they still keep cutting people. Good benefits and coworkers.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Corporate. Work life balance.
Ok
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 7, 2018
It was fast paced environment I became very knowledgeable and exposed to many patients with high acuity. Overall a good place to work for but you have to have good management skills
Great Experience
5 Week Clinical Affiliation (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJFebruary 23, 2018
SNF are always tough because there can be so many obstacles but the staff do an amazing job at providing exceptional care with the resources at their disposal.
Bad place to work.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 13, 2018
This could be a very good place to work and build on skills as a nurse, if the management wasn't that bad. The DON needs a course in people skills. Nurses are treated and spoken to with no respect. Most of the nurses you talk to regard the DON as very disrespectful . Staffing turnover is extremely high at this facility, and mainly because of the way management treats the staff. Management is AWFUL at this place. Employee come and go as if it was Grand Central Station.
Pros
Nurses support each other.
Cons
Total disrespect for nurses and cnas
Co- workers ( CNA ) were wonderful
Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Westwood Nj 300 Old Hook rdFebruary 9, 2018
Terrible place to work. Always short staffed Lazy nurses who don't give medication. Nurses who create dangerous medication erra were never disciplined. Nurses over worked and short staffed daily. I had one CNA with 21 residents and the administration was ok with it. No great working relationship with the employees and the DON. Save your liscense and work elsewhere . New nurses were terrified and thrown on the cart when they weren't ready. I pray to GOD that the residents survive the treatment provided there. Nurses n CNA are constantly leaving.
Pros
The staff left that facility
Cons
To many to list
Horrible employer
Administration (Former Employee) –  Care One JacksonDecember 18, 2017
One of the worst places I have ever been employed. The administration staff is focused on revenue only. Patient care is is one star.The facility should be closed.

Want to know more about CareOne?

Ask a question
a big fat zero.
does it matter (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 28, 2017
I would give the rating a zero if I could The care was awfull the staff was over worked the nurses were bad as well I was like we were slave driveres
Pros
i quit
Cons
no team work
So stressful/just bad
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 4, 2017
Even before I started there, I could tell this place was so unorganized and felt as though amateurs ran the place. Then while working was as though no one in my department knew exactly what they should be doing. The dietary department is always understaffed no matter how much we complain to the higher ups. No one wants to work for them because the pay is very low and work is stressful trying to do multiple people's jobs at once. I am only there still to keep my bills paid (barely)
Pros
Free food, benefits, free work shoes
Cons
Low pay, understaffed, overworked
A great place to work and advance your career
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJSeptember 28, 2017
very happy with my time at CareOne. I have been learning a lot and have had all the resources I need to help make my job easier. my coworkers are great and leadership helps me with any questions I may have
renew all staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 31, 2017
would be a great place with new owners, head staff are always changing,lack of attention to the needs of the staff,it should be a open door that we can bring issues to the table without our job being on the line because they want to sweep it under the rug
Pros
the clients
Cons
staff there just for the pay
not for everyone
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 28, 2017
That is a job for someone that has multiple years experience as a aid under their belt. you have to have the energy and mind frame for that facility. its for a person that wants to be worked
ok place to work for
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 21, 2017
When I started the company was a good place to work we went from 4 people in department to 2 works, the company cut staff now all the work is on the people that left.
Pros
lunch ok
Cons
some times don't get lunch
Friendly environment and great residents.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJuly 29, 2017
This is a great place to work under proper management in my opinion. The people here are so sweet and very friendly. I met alot of new people and learned alot in my time in this facility. This was fa new experience for me and it taught me alot that i will carry with me to future employment.
On holidays & certain events I was able to be creative with the menu.
Dietary Cook/Afternoon Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJune 4, 2017
I enjoyed working with the dietary aides as well as the residents of the facility. The experience I gained was greatly appreciated. Working in this type of environment I found the diet restrictions & meal requirements a challenge that I embraced and excelled in.
Pros
The experience I gained. First time working in this type of establishment.
Cons
No room for advancement.
a day at the front desk
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 20, 2017
Care-One is a nice environment. People are friendly and we have a good team support. Each employee cares for the individuals. Answering phone calls, filing, scanning, faxing documents. Greeting guest to the facility. Planning the monthly schedule. Assisting with events. I learned a lot of the healthcare. Hardest part about the job is hearing about a individual pass away. Seeing the individuals dance and enjoying their time in the garden is the most memorable.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no holiday pay if you are part time
I'd give it 0 stars if I could
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMay 8, 2017
This is not a good place to work and I'd never bring a family member to live here. Most of the cna's and nurses are rude to the residents and have attitude, The pay is terribly low, (You work your butt off for nothing) the food is not that good, no one in management stays long, I can go on and on. THis place is so bad it made me not ever want to work in assistant living again.
Pros
Free food if there's any left 🙄