CareOne
55Below average

CareOne Employee Reviews

United States602 reviews
Featured review
CareOne selected this as a representative review
One of the biggest in the market
Its good company that offers the opportunity for their employees to succeed, a very good working environment and the staff are treated like family. The residents are lovely.
Not to bad for a first job
This company is great for a few things the people you work with and the people you’ll be working on. Management isn’t as great though they lack the finesse and the appreciation towards their employees. They rarely hand out bonuses or pay raise. Anything for them to hand out money is impossible. So just make sure to negotiate the rate you’ll be comfortable with the rest of your years. Anyway it is a great company to be a part with.
They are for the patients and families
I enjoy working there, best activities I have seen in any Long term care center. Usually always fully staffed. Scheduled cookouts for residents and staff every friday.
it's okay
Alot of craziness goes on in facilities. Would advise to get experience if you are a new nurse. However, would not recommend to work with this company too long.
summar
PCA techs were excellent, educaiton department was very good, commradarie between staff is lacking. Other LPNs do not help you, they is no teamwork. Always short staffed, but always have opportunity for OT.
Avoid Like The Plague.....
Management will throw you under the bus, poor pay, people sleeping in day rooms, maintenance requests go ignored, meetings with no agenda.
Catty employees, awful food etc. please stay far away.
Racist
Racism occurs at corporate level and the complaints are being ignored even after a hefty lawsuit the woman is still allowed to work there in a very athoritive position and does not like African American people and it is clear
Care-One at Wellington-Hackensack is a great place to work. The management team are very supportive toward all staff. Every department is celebrated throughout the year. This is a inclusive team environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my residents happy and smiling. I’ve learned that each day is a different experience at work. Having a great team surely helps.
Toxic, evil work culture
Horribly run and understaffed. The problems are vast. The toxic, belittling,Intimidating, mean behavior of upper management is encouraged at the highest level. All that matters is admissions and revenue . That is all. No employee has value and all are replaceable. Your knowledge and experience means nothing. No one is treated with respect.
productive and hands on with patients
it is a good first job if you are looking to be in the medical field. always be on time. make sure the patients are well taken care of. Always check in with them and see if they want to speak to family.
Nothing special here
Heavy workload with no managerial help as usual! All that matters is a body on the floor working so the compliance with resident to staff ratios are met. Goodluck!
A Fun Challenge
Working at Care One was a fun daily challenge. The facility is beautiful. Staff are friendly and diverse. Teamwork and education were lacking which at times effects patient care. The pay rate is rather low. But the work is rewarding.
Overall
I have been with this company for 3 years and finally quit. There is lack of staff, organization, and leadership. It is basically a free for all. No employee recognition. A simple “great job” would be appreciated. No flexibility, low pay, resident to CNA ratio is too much, and so much more.
Terrible work environment under current administration, if you're looking for a toxic , demoralizing, belittling, unsupportive work environment,
Very toxic work environment, hostile environment created by the so called corporate/ regional leadership, very inexperienced administrator who doesn't know what he is doing and lacks direction for his team. There was no Team support , yelling and belittling employees is work leadership does, there is no Team work, a lot of politics in that place . Terrible place to work!
Top management
The Don at Careone Madison is not a team player does not have you’re back , he’s not knowledgeable and can use training on how to respect and work with the staff.
Very East help full
This company is great
Very nice to employees

Understanding appreciate their

Workers very nice residents

Helpful all the supplies you may need the commute was just a much
New employees are treated unfairly by coworkers and some Administration
I was recommended to this company which I initially assumed was a great place to work until I was working there for the past month and realized that is any place they give the new people hard times but during this covid 19 pandemics it should be expected and demanded that all employees treat each other with respect equality and sympathy which they do not nor does the administration make them assuming that because I'm a new employee as most jobs they give the new people a hard time the hardest job in caring for each patient all the new employees are expected the deal with the covid-19 patients while the other older employees make excuses as asthma or age which I feel as though if you have restrictions so this type of work you should just stay home so my coworker wanted me to do my job as well as hers and I just felt that I was treated unfairly and the administration Resa because I was constantly asking for PPE freak the covid 19 patients separately then the patients that were not showing any signs or symptoms I think I frustrated her already I was not comfortable with the fact that they wanted us to wear the same PPE that we dealt with the covid-19 patients so care for the patients that were not yet showing signs symptoms or positive results I just felt as though I was being taken advantage of I was given all the complicated residence and I just was treated unfairly in the administration was not willing to hear me out to correct and resolve the situation the way that I believe she should she basically took the older employees side disregarded anything I had to say and fired me - more...
Ehh
No respect for the cna here!! The management only cares about its nurses the CNEs get treated like the plague no appreciation All they care about is the money
flexible hours friendly environment
Everyone is friendly and helpful flexibility in hours plan special events on over night shifts during holidays plenty of OT easy parking and access friendly residents
Working short
When I worked there, most of the time they don't have enough employee to work specially on my shift. Which is making people works more for the same pay.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Not enough employee to work
Respect your staff at all costs
I stopped and working for this company for over 15 years you open your eyes one day and said you will need to go because your job is no longer needed how do you say that your job is safe when your job is not safe you work from sunup to sundown put your job first and your family second come to work and got terminated on the spot or something that your administrator did not do right and blame you for it
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareOne. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight