CareOne Employee Reviews

Money driven. Unfair practices. Horrible management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 14, 2018
What was once a great place to work has deteriorated into a train wreck. The upper management is POOR. I loved my job and my residents with all of my heart... but I just could not work in that kind of unfair and unethical environment anymore.
Pros
Residents are awesome.
Cons
Poor management
N/a
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 14, 2018
It was a regular everyday job the starting pay wasn't good and didn't compare to the work they wanted you to do. The hardest pat was dealing with employees who thought they were boss and the most enjoyable part was the overtime pay.
Understaffed Money Driven
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJAugust 11, 2018
There is a lot of pressure from corporate to donate to their charities and donate your time or baskets with no reimbursement. Expectation is almost monthly. Corporate is only concerned about money and treats their front line staff like garbage. Good people leave because of management. Patient care is expected to be done while short staffed. If you want better care for your love one, complain. Not enough nurses or aides to care for patients properly.
Benefits
Cons
Management, short staffed, negative culture, pressure from corporate
Best company to work for
3 to 11pm staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 10, 2018
The greatest company to work for they really care about the employees and whatever tools you need to do your job they will provide them. I’m looking only for per diet elsewhere would never leave CareOne they have been good to us all. Father and daughter team awesome 💯👍🏻
Pros
Giving patients and employees everything we need.
Cons
Just wish we HAD AN EXCERCISING BIKE FOR OUR BREAKS
WORST place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MAAugust 9, 2018
This is the worst nursing job for me over the last 15 yr thus far; no staff; no management or management in need of some serious training. The place is absolutely toxic that is directly related to management. It is a Very senseless and poor management establishment. Best of luck on your job search but I know that It should not be Care-one at Randolph unless the head of administration is gone or trained. Once again, remember your Nursing License and that Building. Management is not qualify to meet the needs of the building or lazy the least. The nurses and cnas are doing the hardest job in the building with no sort of recognition or value. There is no enjoyable part of the job even when you love the geriatric population. There is hardly anytime to say to a resident.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Lack of staffing and extremely poor management
Occupational Therapist Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 5, 2018
A typical day consists of seeing between eight to ten patients a day and working collaboratively with physical therapists. Employees are very kind and its a fun place to work.
the workplace is okay if you need the money
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJuly 23, 2018
the typical day at work is pretty stressful, you have to set tables, server residence, clean dining rooms, do dishes for around 150 people each day. (4hr shift)
Employee friendly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MA 01850July 15, 2018
A very diverse place to work, it cuts across different cultures and personalities. Resident care is number one for them. Customer care service is at the top of the list.
productive and interesting working place.
Therapy Assistant@ Cedar Hill (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAJuly 8, 2018
It provides a good working environment and experience. Good management and good compensation for diligence. Friendly workers and good managers. Good listeners and prompt attendance to staff matters. No dull moment and make regular provision for staff training.
Pros
Occasionally.
No staff! Known as the hardest building to work at among the CNAs!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Millbury, MAJune 27, 2018
Used be great before careone bought it! After that they excepted anyone in just to fill beds. Mostly psych residents that beat you up or throw themselves on the floor on purpose. They push everything on the good CNAs. The lazy ones get away with being lazy and not doing their jobs. Some of them don’t even wash the residents faces! Teamwork? What teamwork? You mean the teamwork where the lazy ones go hide in the kitchenette or bathrooms or residents rooms to get away with not getting lights or alarms? the only teamwork is with the hardworking CNAs that get stuck doing everything! Known as the hardest place to work at as a CNA! Overworked underpaid is an understatement. Don’t you guys know that CNAs everywhere talk to one another and it gets around?
Pros
The very few good staff and some residents
Cons
Management favors the lazy staff they get away with everything! Residents don’t get changed!
needs staff
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 19, 2018
I worked with C.N.A and nurses daily , learned to love and deal with them individually. you had a lot of them there just for the pay. need to be a more loving environment
Pros
getting to know the people
Cons
they were there for the pay check
Productive and fun
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Westwood, NJJune 14, 2018
Great experience working here, friendly and compassionate staff. Patient care is excellent, everyone works really hard to meet the needs of all the patients.
Pros
Lots of activities including staff and patients
Cons
Lots of changes with management
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 12, 2018
A typical work day is I get in to work I get my assignment for the day and I check on my residents and introduce myself to them because most days I get new residents.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
short breaks
Will not work for Care One again.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJune 4, 2018
Typical day at work was meetings, meetings, meetings. No leadership training offered. Micro managed. Poor morale. Staff very unhappy with leadership but dedicated employees to their patients. Some employees overstepped and tried to manage the building while administration allowed it without repercussion. Annual evaluation not timely and no input on progress in new position and no education provided in areas that needed improvement. Situations discussed with "friends" within the building by administration. Rates need to go up for ancillary staff, housekeeping, dietary, C.N.A's.
Good company, poor mangaement at Wall location
Central Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJ 07719May 30, 2018
Good company, poor management. Moral was horrible in the building. Enjoyed my fellow co-workers, but there was a high turn over of employees, due to poor management.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Went from being a top company to going out of business
Internet Customer Care Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2018
The CEO had a great business model and sold it off in pieces to open a bunch of wellness centers that were/are losing money. A lot of people of were with the company for a lot of years and supported his vision were then out of work.
Positive Environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collections (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 23, 2018
I feel supported and encouraged in my day to day duties and am given the time and training to do my job accurately and efficiently. I have been with the company for 10+ years now, which shows the longevity in which people stay there.
Pros
Supportive staff
Profit Driven & Corrupt Management Hostile work environment, toxic culture.
Director (Former Employee) –  NJApril 14, 2018
find work elsewhere. Most co-workers are devoted and friendly.
Management is corrupt. Gross understaffing and turnover. Employees are not valued. low compensation.
Pros
None Potential to be great is wasted
Cons
owners are dishonest, greedy, hostile to employees, and the corruption and, intimidation is rewarded and trickles down to every level and facility., You should believe what you read and hear and find work elsewhere.
nice staffs
RN (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 10, 2018
nice staffs yet not an easy job. patient ratio is too high. highly demanding in many ways. scheduling is also off due to a consistent change in staffs
Enjoyed my time for this company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIApril 10, 2018
Care One was great for me i worked for the company for years it was more of a part time job a place you could work while looking for work management was wonderful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareOne. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9