CareOregon Employee Reviews

Changing leadership means changing culture
Medicare Services and Enrollment Team Lead / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Enrollment CoordinatorOctober 4, 2019
I really enjoyed my time there until we got a new CEO, the company structure changed and more and more "Directors" started coming on board. The company is so leadership heavy now I'm surprised any production gets accomplished. Also, downtown used to be kind of fun, now it's a depressing cesspool and I was miserable every day I had to go there in the end.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Work from home options but not available for all positions
Cons
Leadership, unclear expectations, downtown location
Great flexibility
Primary Care Innovation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 7, 2019
Need stronger management with clear objectives/direction/accountability

Organization grew too fast and management hasn't caught up with growth.

Great mission, and truly working for the betterment of the health care needs of the underserved
Flexible
Prior Authorization Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 21, 2019
One of the best companies I have worked for. If I didn’t have to love across county I would have stayed with Careoregon. They took family like into consideration.
Pros
Flexible with schedule, work from home when needed, pay, Beni, take breaks when needed, not micro managed, awesome management
Cons
Located downtown Portland
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 11, 2018
A good organization to work for. Plenty to do and good benefits. Transportation on Tri Met is paid for. Good downtown location. Need to improve work life balance
Excellent benefits
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 23, 2018
Great training and opportunities for advancement.
Excellent benefits.
Leadership changes transformed the culture of the organization.
People are friendly.
Committed to it's mission
MTMP Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed the culture at CareOregon. It is committed to it's mission in helping their underserved Medicare and Medicaid members. I learned a lot in my 4.5 years experience working for them.
good place to work
Provider Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97204September 3, 2018
CareOregon is very innovation organization to work for, they continue to have guidelines in improving their work standards in providing great customer services to their members
EEnjoyed my job working directly with the administrative nerses and the medical doctors
Appeals & Grievance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 6, 2018
Grievance & appeals department was a great place too work. I was able to work with great medical professionals. It gave me great satisfaction to work medical appeals for the patients. At the end of the day I felt like I made a difference in the lives of others.
Pros
On occasion I got the opportunity to work from home.
Cons
none I can think of.
CareOregon was a great place to work.
Pharmacy Program Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 1, 2018
CareOregon truly is invested in the community. They are always looking for ways to proactively impact the lives of their members to prevent emergency room visits and higher health care costs. Was very proud to have worked there. I only left to take care of a neighbor at the end of his life.
A Great Place
Provider Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 15, 2018
Although the pace is quick at CareOregon, and a lot of the directors do not understand the job functions of all of their teams, it is a great place to be, people WANT to work there and do their best to make it better for the members
Pros
Benefits and the people
Cons
upper management doesn't understand the work
Great environment, good people.
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 28, 2018
Most of the folks in this office are great and the pay is competitive. Every department is different but I never had a bad interaction here. Fun perks and they try to really make the office a comfortable place to work. Good training opportunities.
Committed to their communitiy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 6, 2018
Value placed on members and caring culture. On the down side senior management could do a better job of recognizing when they have the wrong people in positions of power over others.
Professional atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 26, 2018
CareOregon is a very professional atmosphere. However, many of its departments are high stress and you often have no clue where you really stand with the company. There are a lot of last minute changes in job openings and availabilities and a lot of empty promises made. (Twice I was told I had a position only for them to announce weeks later that they were choosing to eliminate the position). Good pay. Great benefits. Unreliable stability and job security.
CareOregon
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 28, 2017
The culture is changing right now. The leaders within CareOregon may not be the right ones currently to pull us out of the financial difficulty that we are facing due to financial difficulties.
Laid back company with caring people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 21, 2017
CareOregon is an organization that focuses on worklife balance and employee engagement. Most of the staff truly care about the work that they do and are passionate about helping its members.
Good Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 9, 2017
Very fast pace and lost of change. I learned a tremoundous amount about healthcare and how multidisciplinary organizations collaborate to build a start-up. The work place culture was intense but the people were great.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Intense Culture
Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 28, 2017
Excellent co-workers. Excellent Supervisor. Family oriented. Worked many years in a team oriented environment. Gracious accommodations. CEO is fabulous. I loved it there!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Restructuring of unit. My job was reconfigued
Great benefits
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 6, 2017
Can be very stressful depending on the department. Overall a great place to work but can be extremely hard to advance if you don't bug your supervisor for more work.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
environment
Great local company in the heart of downtown!
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 13, 2017
My time at CareOregon was one of the best employment experiences. They are truly a company that believes in giving back to the community and they understand that sometimes that starts from within the organization. An unexpected move out of state was the only reason I left.
Pros
Great benefits, compensation and employee appreciation.
Cons
If you don't like to commute into the city, this will not be for you.
great collaborative environment with respect of work/life balance
Behavioral Health Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 2, 2017
great collaborative environment with respect of work/life balance. good compensation and benefits. forward thinking company with strong translation of organizational values into daily work.