CarePlus Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work.
DA (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 26, 2018
While i felt under appreciated, I do acknoledge that i learned alot from working at CarePlus Dental. i got along very good witth the staff and the patients. It was very family priented.
Pros
Nice staff.
Cons
Short breath
Bad company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJuly 13, 2018
Gives you plenty of hours in beginning then never gives you another client even when you ask after a month of working I work only one day a month. Every time I was supposed to work they called me and said I wasnt needed
ambiente agradable y buen servicio
Secretaria (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo, RDMay 28, 2018
excelente lugar para el cuidado dental, con un horario comodo
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
poco descanso
Warm collaborative culture, however, most teams are under staff creating high levels of stress
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2017
If you want to make your life all about the career on sacrifice a lot of your personal life just to survive, this is the company for you. The company lives by the philosophy of wellness, yet, the workload for each team member is extremely demanding creating unhealthy levels of stress.
Cares for clients
Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 3, 2017
Great company, I am taking my nursing career in a different direction but I would recommend this company to employees or clients alike. They are knowledgeable and care.
Great working enviroment
Field Case Manager- Promoted from Care Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 16, 2017
Great benefits, great work from home program, plenty of opportunities to transfer or be promoted, health care is not only for yourself but for family.
Pros
plenty of opportunities for advancement, great work from home program
Cons
hart to get fired, so even if you have a bad manager and there has been numerous complaints, chances are he/she is not going anywhere
Very interesting and diverse place to work.
Hospital Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 27, 2017
When I worked there-they were still in process of switching over from a private owner to ownership by Humana. The supervisors and team leads that I worked under were all very helpful, knowledgeable and great to work for.
Not a place I would refer a fiend to work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2017
i feel the company was not ran as the parent company Humana leaving room for confusion. I feel that this company needs to update there computer and systems and then they maybe able to function properly.
Typical Work Day
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2016
Answer phone, scheduling for all clients, enter all new clients in computer system, interview potential CNA's. On call after hours. Good company to work for just not enough work.
Pros
Love the clients
Cons
No Benefits
Productive environment where people can grow
Medical Coder/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSAugust 26, 2016
A typical day at work is seeing family that you haven't seen in awhile because everybody will open with love and happiness. I learned that healthcare is very important to people and I'm just glad to be a part of it. Management was good nothing really to say about that. My co workers that's my family team work because we all help each other out when in need. The hardest part of the job is when I have to go believe it or not but that just how I felt. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others mostly. But the biggest part is that they gave me a chance to volunteer even at that time I didn't have nothing going but going to school trying to make it so I am gladly appreciate the experience that they have gave me.
Pros
everything was amazing
Cons
Because I wanted to stay but the place closed down
nice place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMay 11, 2016
Care plus is a nice place to work. the staff is very friendly and helpful and always willing to give you clients. when i go in the office to pick up my check meg the receptionist is always there smiling and willing to assist you. I speak to jane and she is the staffing supervisor she is there to answer any and all questions, she loves it especially when she gives you clients and she will be happy to erase them from her board, that brings her joy, because she knows that the client is getting a great care giver
review
Member Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2015
Great job but it was way to far from me i loved what i did but with traffic was almost two hrs but i have not complaints with this company
Insurance
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 31, 2015
verifying insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, supplemental insurance and specialty billing. input new patients into the system type all new orders for new transplant patients. fill all orders call for cod. delivery to hospital direct to patient room. do compounds, order drugs, shipping, and receiving, cashier, keep a good control on inventory and cleaning.
Care Plus
Medical Records, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 18, 2015
The employees there are nice to eachother, they work together as a team. if you help with anything they would help eachother.
Great for an entry-level CNA
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
This company is great in the aspects that you work for yourself and make your own hours; however, the pay could be a lot better
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay
productive & fun place to work; very family orientated business
Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Responsible for all daily payroll functions, maintaining all production records & timesheets, input all data from timesheets & balancing payroll runs, preparation, receiving payroll from ADP /Paychex & sending checks to each employee on Wednesdays to post on Fridays.

Entered timesheets onto billing spreadsheet; answered employee questions & troubleshoot issues with caregivers & nurses.

Human recourses duties included keeping track of over 250+ caregivers & Nurses documents & files statewide & updating in Shoshana & Generations systems.

Handle all employment verifications, background checks & processing Chase pay card applications for alternate direct deposit methods. Audited all client & caregiver files bi-annually.

My co workers were more of a family, outside of our days off with our immediate families we interacted with one another just as much and just as closely.

I learned various areas of the payroll & billing departments as well Medicaid billing functionalities, I learned patience dealing with nurses calling in regards to payroll issues & misunderstandings.

Management was title based but the title was never rarely used every opinion was valued and no matter the position everyone worked together as if your job title was that of there own when the job needed to be done. I never felt overwhelmed due to teamwork.

the hardest part of the job is unfortunately having to leave the company due to advancement and salary constraints.
Pros
family owned, so one never felt as if they were being supervised, only advised & guided, with a family sense of teamwork.
Cons
no room for growth opportunities with position and salary
Careplus/CVS Caremark
Certified Pharmacy Technician Oncology (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2014
We work as a great team at this company and have generated awesome numbers that has brought the pharmacy to the top ten position in last 2 years. But the the building facility we use work at was very shabby, infested with roaches and water bugs, falling wet ceiling tiles, dirty bathroom, we were able to find drugs in the parking lot, seen people injecting themselves in the bathroom with inappropriate stuff, no heat in winter times, and no air conditioning in summer. But we as a team stuck though it and did an awesome job. Even after so much of our hard work, the company had to SHUT DOWN our location permanently because of severe water damage this winter and couldn't find us a new location to work out of as normal. The Caremark Corporate is a very great company work for but their consideration for their employees is very minimal.
Pros
The team of careplus only
Cons
Caremark management
Great place to learn
Point Technician Hep-C/Oncology (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2014
I have learned a lot here however feel as though employees are under appreciated with efforts they put forth into ensuring patients are taken care of.
Pros
free lunch, learning of all things specialty such as dealing with insurance, pt asst. programs, and therapy guidelines
Cons
management, under-appreciated, underpaid, no room for growth
Disorganized mess of a company that was out of step will all other specialty pharmacies
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 27, 2013
We spent most of the time competing with different branches of our own company (Caremark and CVS), then we are blamed for losing business! Careplus reps are outnumbered by all other specialty pharmacies and thus Careplus is a prime place for other newer pharmacies to effortlessly poach business.
The good part was that as a manager you were left to do so many things without corporate support that you got experience in all aspects of management.
Overall, technician were very highly skilled and competent but poorly compensated.
Management came up with some "head-scratching" policies that defied logic.
Pros
experience gained
Cons
No work balance, poor policies, negative culture.
typical day of work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2013
the most enjoyable part of my job working in the healthcare environment is being able to help others in need
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
short breaks