CarePoint Health Employee Reviews

Poor Management and Awful Coworkers
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, New JerseyAugust 26, 2018
I spent several months working for this company and always came to work on time with no complaints. There was a known problem of a coworker constantly trying to find reasons to get me fired, and managment gave that person a slap on the wrist. They will get you into trouble even when situations are completely out of your hands to stop. They will even go as far as to fire you based off of gossip and allegations that they heard from people that hated you without any investigation. They are just looking to cover for themselves and don't care about their employees even if they are innocent of what they were accused of. While the pay was good, I wouldn't ever recommend working here especially if you want to grow as an individual and aspire to work other places. Working for Carepoint will not only leave a sour taste in your mouth, but could also be more harmful to your resume than beneficial.
Pros
A 10% cafeteria discount.
Cons
Horrible Management. Selfish coworkers.
Busy
Insurance Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 11, 2018
Work was very stressful as it was more of a call center. Rude patients everyday. Phones wouldn't stop for hours. Manager was very pleasant as a friendship level but as a manager she was rude at times which was understandable in some cases. Overall it was OK working for Carepoint Health at Christ Hospital. If there was more pay and not so strict I would've stood with company. Co-workers are average to deal with.
Pros
short breaks
Cons
hours, environment
nothing else to say about the company
CCMA (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 21, 2018
First thing in the morning, I came into the office, opened up the line, answer calls, made appointment's, greeted incoming patient's, call insurance company for authorization's on patient medications, and patient withe schedule procedure's, also at time had to work in the back line assisting the Dr. with the patient in the exam room.
Pros
nice experience
Cons
management was not that helpfull
Great group of people
HR Professional (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 19, 2018
Great team to work with. I just wish the manager was more friendly to those with families. It is a great opportunity who like a fast pace. Candidate will have to have patience.
Pros
I work with an awesome team
Cons
micromanagement and bullying managers=high turnover
Lack potential for growth
Credentialing/Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 19, 2018
I wish it was more opportunities for growth for non- clinical employees. Non- clinical or lower level employees do not have avenues for growth. Advancement opportunities only occur at senior levels and for employed medical providers only.
Pros
Travel from home to work is convenient
Cons
Lack growth potential
slow paced
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 6, 2018
People were nice and fun. A typical day at work would include working with hospitals to fulfill unforecasted demand. Hardest part of job was to work with management.
good
good
Good Place to work
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 4, 2018
Fast paced environment, had a great deal of interaction with the public. I learned to multi task. In addition, my skills for problem solving got better from working at this office.
Pros
Worked for great Management
Cons
Needed Better Pay
productive
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 25, 2017
A typical day at work is, is to punch in and to get started registering patient. Coming to work you learn something new every day.. Management is okay. Workplace culture, is what makes the organization unique, its values, traditions, beliefts, interactions behaviours and attitudes. The most ennoyable part of the job is working with people.
Love this job
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJOctober 19, 2017
Working in a hospital allowed me to appreciate life more! I had the opportunity to build so many friendships with patients as a transporter. In addition, most nurses are friendly and have become family to me. The managers are always there to hear you out and vacation days were awesome. It's a fast paced and sometimes slow depending on the day but it really helps you develop your character. Definitely recommend.
Very unorganized.
Certified Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJSeptember 30, 2017
This company is not organized Poor management. No real training. Very busy pace. Always under new management. HR is not helpful. HR could be way better.
great place to work
Medical Assistant / Front Desk (Former Employee) –  wesst new yorkSeptember 19, 2017
Never had a problem with Carepoint health. Hours were great it was just to far for me. I didnt have any issues with patients or managers. just sometime some miscommunications.
Laid back atmosphere, but no communication from management
CODING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2017
Took jobs from American workers to send work to India for cheaper wages and to save the company money. There was no warning or communication from management. Everyone was remote. We were called to a meeting and told we were no longer employed. Some employees weren't even aware of the meeting and were never notified by management of the job loss.
xs
Employee (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 14, 2017
Please don't work here, this is an awful company, the place is disorganized and dysfunctional, treats employees terrible, the executives do nothing but pat themselves on the back. The head of HR is a nightmare!
I find this job to be very rewarding.
Registration Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 6, 2017
Having worked at Bayonne Medical Center and Christ Hospital, now both members of the CarePoint Health Group, I have enjoyed my roles in the Patient Access Department. My initial job was a registration associate, where I was able to assist people who were coming to our facility for medical needs. Often these clients were anxious, depressed, and unsure of what their visit would entail. I felt satisfaction knowing that I could make their registration as pleasant as possible.
I was recognized by my managers over the past nine years, receiving awards and being promoted. The additional responsibilities allowed me to receive continued training and assist other employees at three different facilities with learning new technology and procedures at our health care centers.
Pros
Excellent working environment, great co-workers, great health benefits
Cons
Minimal potential for continued growth.
Full Time OB AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 21, 2017
Plenty of work! My manager had things well organized so our team worked smoothly and well together. Work was not dictated to me each day. At the end of my employment with Carepoint Health I was given the opportunity to work form home, I liked working from home in my home office, but I do also like working in an office with other employees.
Pros
Worked from home for 2 months
Cons
Didn't necessarily have contact with my co-workers every day
Educational and productive
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2017
This job is where I got to expand on my experience in the medical billing field. Before working here, I only had experience with anesthesia coding and billing. I did a lot of hospital follow-up with this job and specialized with Blue Cross and Blue Shield. I learned how to spot coding mistakes specific to BCBS so that claims would be paid correctly. This job was also remote, working from home so its flexibility was just right for me and for my family.
Pros
Work from home, flexibility
Cons
Work flow
unprofessional and corrupted
staff (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 8, 2017
Unprofessional, corrupted, management is supportive and lazy. Pay sucks. Don't even waste your time working there. Bosses are power tripping and micromanage all staff.
Too good to be true
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2017
Carepoint Health bought out our company in Cincinnati last year. At first it was awesome I thought I had a bright future with them. They were able to send us all to work remote from home for the last two months. Then, without any warning at all everyone was told to get on a conference call where we were told that they were closing our office in Cincinnati and to bring our computers back by the end of the day. We were given 3 weeks of severance pay but that does not make up for the devistation of losing your job with zero warning.
Pros
pay fair
Cons
No communication, Doesn't care about employees.
Its a job
Pre Certification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 17, 2017
Great place to gain experience and move on, I learn enough to gain experience to take somewhere else. I love them for make ng me better some departments are better than others all and all good place to work
Pros
Free parking
Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 13, 2017
It is a big company that could use some improvements. There is room for growth and improvement within the company as long as you know the right people to get in. Corporate is always looking for new talent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarePoint Health. Our community is ready to answer.