CareSource Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive Enviorment
Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJune 15, 2018
It will be relaxed day at career source you have to be productive the management there was amazing a lot of excellent people with great attitudes there was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part was that is was very quiet there was no interruptions while you work.
Bad place to work.
Medicare Advantage Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2018
They were not really wanting to sell Medicare Advantage Products to Seniors. They really only wanted the medicaid members (under 65). But they did not know how to service members or work with providers. They lost providers as soon as they got them and members too.
Pros
hi tech equipement
Cons
bad place to work
Great staff but management is unorganized and unknowledgeable
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 4, 2018
Management lacks knowledge to perform their jobs correctly. My direct supervisor is not helpful. She lacks experience as a manager. She is difficult to work with. She is a micro-manager. She is often confused and provides inaccurate information. Expectations change on a regular basis.
Pros
Good benefits, comparable salary, yearly opportunity to earn a bonus
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement, Managers are micro-managers, Managers are not knowledgeable of the basics of Medicaid.
member services
Medical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 22, 2018
I was a customer service representative. I dealt with members that were often very upset that they couldn't get their narcotics as they need a prior authorization. At times they were very abusive on the phone.
Pros
friendly department
Cons
verbal abuse by members
Community Health Worker Mobile worker
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 17, 2018
A typical day as a Community Health Workers (mobile after training) you start the day at home with a morning phone call “team huddle” and 1-2 FaceTime with your team a week to start the day, as a CHW you work closely with a Case Manager to manage your caseload and task for the day, and have 1:1 with your manager to prepare you for your annual review. Your day usually consist of home visits to review goals or link members to community resources, help with setting appointments (dental, vision, preventive, mental health, DME needs) meet members at doctors apt to advocate for them, member benefit educatation, and Careplan review with MBR and FaceTiming the Case Manager. The work you do is rewarding if you enjoy serving others, however “constant change” with Standard of Process, no opportunity for advancement as a CHW. Hardest part of this position is not enough hours in a day, most enjoyable part is building rapport with co-workers and members.
Pros
Start your day from home
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Awesome Gov company
Customer service, Help people (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 16, 2018
Great place to find out information on public asst and job searches they also provide a lot of resources to help people.Would recommend anyone to come and find out information
Good work place
WPT/SNAP Supporting staff (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMay 16, 2018
Very helpful place and they give out good information about job seeking. Other good resources that the provide as well for individuals. Would recommend to anyone
Productive and self motivating
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton ohioMay 14, 2018
Self motivating. Caresource is very good to their employees. Adequate training and bonuses. I work from home and love the flexibility. Collaberation and open door policy.
Worked there for 7 years
Care Management Health Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 13, 2018
Worked in call center for 7 years. Typical call center environment, you're at your desk all day every day. Had some issues with micro-management. It was a decent job overall, but no real room for advancement at the time. Wanted to do something different so I left.
Overall Phenomenal Experience
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2018
The environment was such that professionals could do their job and they allowed you to rely upon your expertise. People did not try to micromanage you and once you were adequately trained, they allowed you to flourish and work at the pace you desired. As long as you were productive, they are very easy to work for and with.
They talk a good talk, but management does not walk the walk
Call Center (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
Management is awful and no one has a clue what they are doing. They suck you in with this "we are a family" talk, but that all goes away once you start. Management plays favorites and they will lie on you to save themselves. If you are going to work in another department you might be ok, but the call center is a joke.
Good work environment
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 16, 2018
Good work environment and everyone makes you feel welcome. Managers very eager to help. Plenty of guides on how to do job and many resources to assist with job
Prior Authorization Specialist
Prior Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 15, 2018
Very good company. Needs to carefully select management. VPs and MDs can be very arrogant and distant. Duties of job are pretty simple. Dislike the constant changes and lack of direction. Overall great benefits, paid time off and health benefits are great. The yearly bonus incentive is a plus which can be up to 15% of yearly salary. Great place to build a career and move up within the company.
Pros
Benefits, advancement, flexibility
Cons
Lack of Morale at times, Top execs demeanor and treatment of other staff
Semi-Decent place to work
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 12, 2018
I was enjoying working there until I got pregnant with a high rick pregnancy of twins. I would get sick and had to leave early or call off I was not given any leniency with my sickness while pregnant(never considered that being pregnant I was not able to take just anything when I got sick). I was told by my manager when I got sick at times to go home. I was also told while I was sick with an upper repertory infection with NO voice that I called off too many times and racked up too many occurrences that I had to either quit or be fired.
Pros
If you worked through your lunch they fed you
Cons
Don't get pregnant while working there they are not as leanient as they say they are
Stressful and entirely too much work. Poor leadership
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 7, 2018
Leadership is ever changing. People are let go without any explanation as to why jobs are being eliminated. Environment is stressful and culture is not collaborative. Entirely too much work.
It is a good place to work, very informative.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 31, 2018
CareerSource is a people place, you learn to work well with others and become very knowledgeable about other departments when working with the customers
This is the place
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 18, 2018
This is not the place where you want to work if you plan to advance down a meaningful career path or obtain any type of relevant knowledge or experience.
Great company...people who genuinely care...
Management (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 13, 2018
This company has a fast paced matrix environment. Everyone generally cares about the mission "leading with a heart" but sometimes we get in our own way and don't work collabaratively.

We are all overworked because the company is growing so fast, as a result everyone is so scared the blame lies with them. It does not.
We all need to work together to build a solid foundation and shore up and improve our business processes.

I loved being around people who genuinely cared about our members and providers. I have never worked in such a collegiate environment where you interfaced with subordinates, peers and executive management daily.
Pros
Passionate about purpose
Cons
Overworked
Productive, engaging fun environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45402February 28, 2018
As the business grew, they were not prepared internally and the job became more stressful and their was less caring about the employee. I believe overall it is still good job to be employed at.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
heavy call volume
Very Goof Place to work
Business Analyst/ QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Have no negative experience at Caresource. The work experience and the people that you work with on a day to day basis are very supportive and willing to help in any way.